• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, February 15, 2020

    Linux Parsing json through the shell

    Linux Parsing json through the shell


    Parsing json through the shell

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 04:23 AM PST

    Linux Cheat Sheets Right Where You Need Them, On the Command Line

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 09:11 AM PST

    Microphone sounds extremely glitchy.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 11:48 AM PST

    Hi,

    I'm fairly new to linux, I've used it lightly before but im trying to fully switch over to it. I have a FiFine K669. When i use it on windows or mac os it sounds fine but on linux it sounds very broken. I can supply an example if needed. Thanks!

    (Edit I forgot to say specs)
    Intel i5-iforgetnumberswoops

    Nvidia gtx660ti

    Pop os for Nvidia

    submitted by /u/robbybert05
    [link] [comments]

    You Don't Need GUI

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 03:03 PM PST

    Looking for a FOSS Alternative to Afterburner...

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 07:59 AM PST

    One thing I do like about Windows is the availability of great utilities such as MSI Afterburner. So easy to overclock a GPU with a couple clicks and the ability monitor temps and clocks. I haven't been able find anything that will work on Linux with the same functionality. I did find something called AMDOverdriveCtrl, but it's like 4 years out of date and it's not in the Manjaro repos. I did find it in an AUR, but some users said it broke their OS. Needless to say, I'm not touching that with a ten foot pole. Does anyone know of any more recent projects that would be comparable to Afterburner?

    submitted by /u/ForestWarrior83
    [link] [comments]

    Remapping keys

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 10:43 AM PST

    You did read the title, I spent 10horus trying to remap my keys cause some are broken, I've tried xmodmap,. Xinitrc file with,.. But nothing seems to work, I am a beginner and I may do mistakes but I'm really tired of this now I need help plz

    submitted by /u/Deyx1999
    [link] [comments]

    RST vs ACHI for sata type

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 12:31 PM PST

    Hi all, I'm installing ubuntu on my laptop (dualboot with windows) and when I boot from usb my C: drive is not recognized. My best guess is that I do not have ACHI sata type enabled. So, 1. does anyone agree with this assessment and 2. is it possible to switch without wiping my windows installation?

    Windows 10, Lenovo Yoga 730. When I go through the installer I get no page that indicates windows is installed and so I don't get the "Install alongside" option or erase windows option. It just goes to a page to install the boot loader to a disk and the only one available is my usb. I have created a 75 GB partition on windows disk management of freespace for ubuntu.

    Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/BringBackDan
    [link] [comments]

    Should I switch to, and only use, Linux?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 12:30 PM PST

    I am a windows user and I've used it for all my life. I've never dabbled in Linux. Windows is really useful and I'm familiar with it. I am a high school student and soon to be college student. I am considering making the only bootable image on my drive Linux. Is this a good or bad idea? Why?

    submitted by /u/LaGuardia2XFast
    [link] [comments]

    How to have multiple keyboard layouts?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 06:12 AM PST

    Hi guys! On my windows machine I have 3 or more keyboard layouts, each having different languages, and I cycle between them using the windows key + space bar. Since I'm new to this Linux thing I have absolutely no idea how to do this.

    I'm running Popos with KDE- standard installed.

    Thanks in advanced.

    submitted by /u/stpaulgym
    [link] [comments]

    Dual booting Manjaro and Win10. Manjaro is my main and is currently installed but I need to DB Win10 for a game I own. Can anybody link me a good guide on this?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 11:38 AM PST

    Some apps display very weird.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 10:37 AM PST

    https://preview.redd.it/gfl65vx4t4h41.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=23cddfc7dfc0b225fde2f90ac5d9665c2d68eb24

    This happens in this application(VmWare Workstation), but also Runelite(A client to play OldSchool Runescape) does this. Since both apps do this I think it might has something to do with my PC instead of VmWare.

    I have a Nvidea gtx 960m, and an intel integrated graphic card. I can't find out which one. I've tried activating both, but still I can't display my VM. VmWare works great, untill I try and launch my VM.

    Does anybody have any clue why my Elementary OS does this?

    submitted by /u/FiftySand
    [link] [comments]

    Touchpad stops working

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 10:25 AM PST

    I have a Lenovo ThinkPad Helix 1st gen and I'm running Debian. When I suspend my laptop and turn it back on the touchpad doesn't work, but the touchscreen does, this also happens after converting it to a tablet and them converting it to a laptop. I'm sorry for my bad English, it's not my mother tongue.

    submitted by /u/FarengarSecretFire
    [link] [comments]

    Boot option acting weird?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 12:20 AM PST

    This is the boot menu. I have dual booted windows with Ubuntu. Windows on 250 GB SSD and Ubuntu on 500 GB HDD and the other 1 TB HDD is for windows storage.

    But my problem is when I remove the 500 GB HDD which has linux on it. This Ubuntu boot menu stills shows up in Boot Menu. Even if there is no hard drive connected in my PC still this Ubuntu option shows up. If I try to select this Ubuntu option if no HDD connected it just shows that select a boot drive with a black screen. But after connecting the 500GB drive it just boots Ubuntu normally.

    It was not like this before. This Ubuntu option used to go away when I used to remove the Ubuntu 500GB drive. Now it stays there for ever even with no drive.

    I am planning to install Manjaro KDE. But I am a little afraid to break something because it feels like its embedded somewhere in my BIOS and my BIOS also holds my windows 10 activation key, which I don't want to loose.

    This boot option acting a little weird. When I remove my windows 10 drive that UEFI boot option goes away. Can I fresh install Manjaro over it? I have 385GB NTFS for windows storage on 500 GB drive and rest 80 GB for Ubuntu. But now I learned a little bit about linux now I want to give 150 GB to linux with separate /home. I was thinking to delete the 80 GB partition from windows and then increase the size to 150 GB then install manjaro. But this boot menu scares me. Will this boot menu cause any problem?

    submitted by /u/Badshah57
    [link] [comments]

    Ethernet is not working in some programs (Ubuntu)

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 08:57 AM PST

    Like it's not working in Firefox or steam. In Tor everything is fine. Wifi is also ok. I disabled the firewall but that wasn't the problem. What can I do?

    submitted by /u/ohno__ohyeah
    [link] [comments]

    Grub rescue

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 08:46 AM PST

    I had a encrypted ssd with linux mint installed and installed arch over it deleted partitions while setting arch when finished i rebooted and saw a message saying

    error: unknown filesystem. Entering rescue mode... grub rescue>

    What should I supposed to do now?

    submitted by /u/Mountain-Toe
    [link] [comments]

    Problems when uninstalling pre-installed applications on debian.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 08:38 AM PST

    Hello people! I have an unusual problem. I'm using Debian 10 with the cinnamon desktop enviroment, and i use synaptic (and sometimes apt) to manage packages.

    Whenever i try to uninstall built-in applications from mozilla (firefox, pidgin and thunderbird), a pop-up about additional required changes comes up, saying that i need to install multiple different packages that are often some other application witht the same function (eg. When uninstalling firefox ESR, it does not let me apply changes without installing chromium).

    I tried googling, little results. Is this *supposed* to happen? How can i properly uninstall these apps without downloading anything?

    P.S.

    1. The same thing happens when using the apt command.

    2. When uninstalling (for example) thunderbird, and going through with the requirements of installing another mail client, then trying to uninstall that one results in a requirement of installing thunderbird.

    3. I mentioned that i use cinnamon, because when uninstalling pidgin, it also wants to take cinnamon with it! https://imgur.com/a/MQuMZQn

    submitted by /u/_WaterBob12
    [link] [comments]

    how to enable macros in WPS office? I'm on linux mint. Can't find the settings on it

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 07:46 AM PST

    "But my software!"

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 11:24 AM PST

    I've tried Linux for a bit now and I REALLY like it! In fact, the only things keeping me from fully going over is my load of software I NEED TO HAVE in order to do my work and enjoy my free time. Let's present this as a challenge: If I get a way of running all my current stuff or a superior alternative, I'll have Linux as the main OS of my PC and thereby my film studio. The community gets bragging rights and also a mystery reward. ;)

    Here we go. For work:

    • VSDC Pro
    • DVDFab's Blu-ray Creator, UHD Creator, Converter and Player
    • DVDLab2 Pro
    • GIMP
    • Office 2007 (I prefer the UI)
    • Brave Browser
    • Starburn to compile .ISO-files, it doesn't burn so well
    • Anyburn to burn discs, it doesn't compile so well
    • Acoustica Label Maker
    • Filmotech
    • CrystalDiskInfo
    • iCue since I have an AIO water cooler

    For pleasure:

    • Dosbox
    • PCEm to run Windows 9x games that don't work on 10, XP or Dosbox
    • A truckload of games
    • Steam

    I might forget a few, since I'm away from home at the moment, but these are the central ones, besides webapps that work on anything.

    My PC specs: Ryzen 7 2700X, 16Gb DDR4 RAM (planning to get 64Gb), GTX 1070 (planning to upgrade), 970 Evo SS (and a load of other drives), 1000W PSU, AIO 240mm radiator watercooling and five optical disc drives. It's the most expensive thing I own, even counting my film collection.

    Looking forward to your input and expanding my PC knowledge!

    submitted by /u/8Dataman8
    [link] [comments]

    Monitor stopped worked after Ubuntu update

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 07:37 AM PST

    I have Ubuntu 18.04 installed on an older desktop, and it underwent a regular software update last week, after which the monitor no longer works.

    The weird thing is doesn't stop working until hitting the login screen, after which it just says "input not supported". If I plug it in after logging in with a different monitor, it will generally work until restarting.

    I've tried changing the resolution on Ubuntu to 1440X900 (this allowed me to use the monitor after login), installing arandr, and changing the display manager to lightDM. Any suggestions for what the problem might be? The monitor is an Acer AL1916w if that helps. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/McDinkelfurz
    [link] [comments]

    How to fix these systemctl failed service?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 06:45 AM PST

    Can't dual boot lubuntu with windows 10

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 09:11 PM PST

    So guys I did this:-I deleted the partition of ubuntu which is dual booted with win 10 and also removed the files from boot but now the problem is that I have installed lubuntu by formatting the same partition but it's not coming in dual boot and not showing in booting order,also the grub is gone Plz help How to fix issue this?

    submitted by /u/vihangkale
    [link] [comments]

    Ubuntu Studio Eoan (19.10) running slow on a modern machine.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 01:46 AM PST

    Hey y'all! I have a 2018/2019 Acer Aspire 5, with a Core i5 7200U processor, 4 GBs Ddr4 ram, running at 2400 mhz. Not very good specs, but it serves my purposes for now... It runs Ubuntu Studio 19.10 (eoan) with KDE Plasma as DE.

    My machine isn't old, but the OS still runs slow as molasses when I try to open a package manager, start up the system, re-log after inactivity, or even open Spotify. It often freezes when I try to open Discover, spotify, and it even slows down while typing on LibreOffice...

    My question is if this is a problem of the OS, if my machine is too slow to run it, or if there might be some problem on my installation itself.

    Thanks for your attention. ^

    submitted by /u/DIY_LukS
    [link] [comments]

    Is arch-chroot a security concern?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 01:06 AM PST

    Can you gain root access to a computer running arch with just a live USB and educated guesses about the mount points using arch-chroot?

    submitted by /u/yesdil
    [link] [comments]

    Which linux distro would you install on this rig?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 04:49 PM PST

    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz

    Video Card: Intel(R) Q45/Q43 Express Chipset

    Ram: 5gb

    submitted by /u/ChildfreeAtheistX
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel