• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, February 15, 2020

    Are there any (good or better) alternatives to the Google Now screen (swipe right from home) in Nova Launcher? Android Apps

    Are there any (good or better) alternatives to the Google Now screen (swipe right from home) in Nova Launcher? Android Apps


    Are there any (good or better) alternatives to the Google Now screen (swipe right from home) in Nova Launcher?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 10:28 AM PST

    I like the idea of Google Now, I've tried and tried to curate a somewhat useful feed but time after time it just ends up looking like a shittier version of the Reddit front page.

    Are there any alternatives, especially ones that are similar or possibly better?

    submitted by /u/gadorp
    [link] [comments]

    Google Play gets stuck on "Download on hold", how to fix?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 03:43 AM PST

    RSS reader widget with a relead button (in the widget itself)

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 11:00 AM PST

    If it list the titles in list view the better, I just have one feed (magnet links) and would like to refresh it without going into the app

    submitted by /u/armando_rod
    [link] [comments]

    How can I get alerts when an app from my (Google Play Store) wishlist goes on sale?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 12:15 PM PST

    How I deal with privacy and security on android in 2020

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 12:47 AM PST

    This is how I setup a new android device. I know this is not perfect. But this is enough for me.

    I begin with unlocking the bootloader and installing twrp.

    Then I will install Official lineage os/graphene os. If either of these are not available, then I will install a stable official release of some popular rom without built in gapps. I will not be installing gapps on my android phone.

    Thirdly I will setup my phone with a 10+ digit password and fingerprints for both of my index fingers.

    1. Configure dns server to dns.adguard.com

    2. Install fdroid and enable izzyondroid repository

    3. Install aurorastore for playstore apps.

    4. Configure system settings. Change gesture settings to gesture navigations. *Android 10 feature. Change display settings to dark mode. Turn off touch vibrations and touch sounds.

    5. Install Mixplorer from xda website.

    6. Install multiple apps from fdroid.

    Aegis: 2fa authenticator with encrypted import and export function

    Anysoftkeyboard: best keyboard for me.

    Bitwarden: Password manager with encrypted password sync.

    Fennec: Firefox with proprietory bits removed.

    Habit tracker: App for building habits.

    Infinity: Reddit client with great features.

    Koreader: Feature rich ebook reader with built in dictionary.

    Libretorrent: Torrent client.

    Newpipe: Greatest youtube app With download function.

    Pdf viewer plus: generic pdf viewing app.

    Smartcookieweb: for lightweight browsing.

    Telegram: Good communication facilitator.

    Turtl: Note taking application with encrypted cloud sync.

    Vlc: Best multimedia player. Wallabag: Read it later app with cloud sync.

    1. Install apps from aurora store.

    Protonmail: Privacy friendly mail provider.

    Wordweb: Great dictionary with bookmark feature.

    Strongswan: Ikev2 vpn app. I set it up with my paid vpn service.

    1. Configure the default launcher app with my favourite wallpaper and constantly used apps. Select anysoftkeyboard as the default keyboard.

    2. Change all browsers default search engine to duckduckgo.

    3. Login to sync.com and download all my backed up files/setting for other apps.

    4. Configure VLC Settings. Select media library folders. Group by folders. Landscape video screen orientation. Video playlist mode.

    5. Setup aegis and bitwarden.

    6. Login to firefox account, turtl, protonmail, wallabag.

    7. Import anysoftkeyboard settings.

    8. Setup fennec. Remove visited and bookmarks from home. Login to all necessary sites.

    P.S: I use simple audio player for listening to audiobooks, newsblur for rss feeds. If anyone is interested.

    Enjoy. If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments section.

    submitted by /u/Nihilman
    [link] [comments]

    How not to make apps appear in the Residual Files on Emui 10?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 08:36 AM PST

    Guys, I use a Huawei and I have emui 10. I installed Automatic Dark Theme for Android 10, it works perfectly but I noticed that by eliminating the "Residual files" and "App data" from Optimiser, this application does not work. Is it possible to prevent this specific app from appearing in the list of residual files / app data? If so, how can I do it?

    submitted by /u/illMatt333
    [link] [comments]

    Where to find Older Versions of App?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 07:55 AM PST

    I'm searching for the version of Piano Tiles - Don't Tap the White Tile before it was taken over by Cheetah Mobile. Where can I find it?

    submitted by /u/musterkin
    [link] [comments]

    I am developing an app and i need dataset containing icons of google playstore apps. Where can i get it?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 09:15 AM PST

    App for locking WiFi,mobile data & flight mode settings when phone is locked

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 12:39 PM PST

    When someone steals my phone I want to track it. So I don't want the thieve to deactivate my mobile data or activate flight mode. Is there an app which locks these settings in the quick menu when my phone is locked?

    submitted by /u/GenericHumanNo7
    [link] [comments]

    Recurring timer with notification to wearable as vibration

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 11:46 AM PST

    Basically I want my Mi Band 3 to vibrate every 30m (or 15m or 5m etc.) once to let me know that that amount of time has passed.

    Tried like 20 apps but none of them seem to do what I want them to do.

    submitted by /u/RealQuaker
    [link] [comments]

    Is Call Recording still a problem on Android 9 and 10?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 12:16 AM PST

    I use a call recording app (Cube ACR) as I rely on that in my country. Because I read of troubles of Android 9 and 10 with call recording I am still on a 8.1 ROM on my Oneplus 3T, which fortunately has good Custom ROM support.

    Is this still true? Is good call recording still not possible on Android 9 and 10? If so, I would stay on 8.1, altough will install a ROM that has the latest security patches.

    submitted by /u/prikolow
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an app that lets me browse reddit offline.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 06:47 AM PST

    Basically I can set it to download all posts from like top of the week for a subreddit and read it later.

    Posts alone are fine if comments are hard.

    Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/Fhy40
    [link] [comments]

    PS Touch + Octopus + EMUI10 - it works! But...

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 01:06 AM PST

    4PDA's user Supermetal228 (not linking because it's probably not ok to link this site here) suggested that PS Touch on EMUI10 works fine through Octopus (Play link) app - I have already wrote about this few times, but there's a bug that makes the PS Touch app (tablet version) useless on some new devices. It definitely makes it useless on EMUI9 and EMUI10 Huawei and Honor phones. Following Supermetal228's suggestion I've tried it with Octopus and it does work - no issues with touch recognition anywhere ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    Now, the question is - why? What makes this combination of apps working? Without any further configuration - running PS Touch through Octopus just make it work as it supposed to... Octopus seems kinda intrusive, ridden with ads (there's a paid Pro version, though, that should turn the ads off) and weird functions definitely not designed for PS Touch but somehow it still makes the screen recognition fine.

    So, it seems like it should be possible to write a much simpler kind of wrapper app just to run PS Touch through it, right? I've tried few of those app that should be probably similar to Octopus but they're even more games oriented (with on screen virtual game pads etc.) and didn't fix the PS Touch. Huawei's own AppAssistant app that runs apps in somehow different environment doesn't fix anything (it is possible to add PS Touch and run through AppAssistant, disable hardware acceleration etc. - it still doesn't react to screen touches where it should)...

    So, if Octopus make it works - how?

    submitted by /u/ene_due_rabe
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an Android mail app that supports Gmail aliases and HTML signatures?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 06:24 PM PST

    After much research, I have concluded that the Android Gmail app, after over 10 years of outcry for it from its users, still does not support HTML signatures. For my business G Suite account, this is simply unacceptable. I have yet to read about any currently maintained Android mail app that supports both the use of Gmail/G Suite email aliases and HTML signatures. Does anyone know of such an app?

    submitted by /u/tanman897
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any keyboard for android to send scheduled messages?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 10:09 PM PST

    Am looking for a keyboard with a scheduled messaged functionality because then I can use it in pretty much any app (im willing to have the app left opened while sleeping)

    submitted by /u/vesper097
    [link] [comments]

    [DEV] My new game Match Me!

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 06:57 PM PST

    Hello there so I have been working on my new game for a while now and finally after a lot of stops I managed to bring it to a state that I am happy with how it looks and feels.

    So, my game is a puzzle game with 200 levels distributed in 20 packs, the logic is simple yet tricky.

    I released it in the Google Play Store and would like to ask anyone who want to test it and provide me with feedback or suggestion would help a lot.

    Also, if you like it a review would help a lot, thank you for your time.

    https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.CrackedEgg.MatchMe

    submitted by /u/-gmag
    [link] [comments]

    IOS EMOJIS

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 05:30 AM PST

    How do I get ios 13 emojis without magisk on my OnePlus 7 Android 10

    submitted by /u/aaretddret1
    [link] [comments]

    Most beautiful Android apps 2020

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 04:48 AM PST

    We all know that i0S has some of the best looking apps, was wondering what apps are there like this for Android. (I.e reelgood is one of the most beautiful app i found on ios which is not currently available for Android. So currently im using it as web app on Android 😂)

    Please share your most favorite apps which. Its been asked here before but so many apps has adopted new Google material design since Android 10 and now we have adopted system wide to dark theme too. Thus,we have redone the list to show some of the best examples of Material Design that you can find.

    And please share your most favorite games too Which you think has best graphics or design😁 (i.e Fancade and alto)

    submitted by /u/T3chnophille
    [link] [comments]

    Best WhatsApp 3rd party app for 2nd device?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 01:05 AM PST

    I got a s6 tab + op7 and I'd like WhatsApp on it with notifications.

    Thank you

    Edit: using this! Works better than the rest. Just a web wrapper.

    https://github.com/92lleo/WhatsappWebToGo

    submitted by /u/th3_alt3rnativ3
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a Call Recorder App

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 12:26 AM PST

    Hello, everybody,

    I am looking for a Call Recorder app.Use the Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock ROM (Android 8.0, rooted with Magisk, with EdXposed).

    1. I read that this app https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.github.axet.callrecorder/ should not be bad.
    2. I also wonder if there are any XPosed modules available?
    3. Apparently there is also a way to change a line to unlock it natively:

    Native call recording:

    <CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>RecordingAll owed</CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording> 

    RecentAppProtection:

    <CscFeature_SystemUI_SupportRecentAppProtection>TR UE</CscFeature_SystemUI_SupportRecentAppProtection> 

    Which approach/app can you recommend?

    submitted by /u/update-freak
    [link] [comments]

    Help me find an App for reading comics.

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 12:07 PM PST

    I'm a fan of comics and manga. So far my favourite manga app is Manga Rock, but I haven't found something similar for comics. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Theechosensaint
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel