• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, February 13, 2020

    Laptops Is the long metal plate a M.2 SSD slot? See comment for more description.

    Laptops Is the long metal plate a M.2 SSD slot? See comment for more description.


    Is the long metal plate a M.2 SSD slot? See comment for more description.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 09:02 AM PST

    Looking for a laptop for light gaming

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 05:32 AM PST

    My little bro wants a laptop to play war thunder, minecraft, and roblox. The biggest priorties are size price, a lower price being more important than size. Buying used is fine and I'm going to try and surprise him with it so ordering it is preferable, TIA! (By the way I'm not asking for someone to sell me a laptop, looking for one to buy)

    submitted by /u/TheCornix
    [link] [comments]

    What laptop to buy

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 02:36 PM PST

    Looking for a laptop under $600.

    Must have at least i5 8GB RAM 500GB HDD or even a 256GB SSD + HDD

    What would you guys recommend ?

    submitted by /u/The_Grizz94
    [link] [comments]

    Need some help with a laptop

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 02:27 PM PST

    I replaced my charging port in my HP ProBook 450 G1 since the battery was fine and it would refuse to charge,anyways i have it semi put together to test,no life at all no charging leds,nothing on the screen.I have already reseated the connections,any tips?

    submitted by /u/intentionally246
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for recommendation, <1000$,Thailand,2560x1080,3x usb 3.0

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 02:23 PM PST

    I need a portable beast for productive work, it should be as slim and light as possible, but I require minimum 3 full-size USB ports (no dongle or hub!), and some screen space, 2560x1080 or more.

    I develop mobile apps/games, the main purpose is to run android studio,unity,photoshop etc, so it requires some kind of gpu, but mostly just a fast cpu, 12gb or more ram, and some decent storage, so preferably both ssd and hd built in.

    I definitely don't need optical drive,webcam,keyboard lights,ethernet,hdmi etc, but i would appreciate some decent speakers.

    I almost always use mouse pointer, so I don't care much about the trackpad either, but the keyboard should be good and full-size.

    I am actually not sure how big I want it to be, I would love a big screen, but it's meant for travel and should fit with all my clothes and essentials in a <7kg total backpack for flight carry-on, or bike trips.

    (ps. hard to copy the form on mobile reddit, but I think i got the points covered, will run windows 10, don't need to fold-over as a tablet)

    submitted by /u/gameyey
    [link] [comments]

    Photo editing

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 01:41 PM PST

    Hello, Is a discrete video card essential for photo editing? What is the minimum acceptable?

    submitted by /u/iosonoxenu
    [link] [comments]

    Think my Asus Gx701 will like the temperature in my campervan tonight. Ran out of gas, 3 degrees.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 01:35 PM PST

    For those who own a lg gram 17, how is your keyboard so far?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 01:33 PM PST

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Phylose
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have experience with Kogan Laptops?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 12:49 PM PST

    More specifically, i'm interested in the Kogan Atlas X500, it seems kinda too good to be true and we all know the saying about that. Furthermore, if anyone does own this laptop, is the ram upgradeable? I think i'd be sold on it if it is. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/zoink505
    [link] [comments]

    Acer Nitro 5 won't turn on

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 08:47 AM PST

    I purchased an Acer Nitro 5 laptop back in November and I've never had any trouble with it but today it won't turn on. At first there was an orange light at the side of the laptop when I tried to charge it. After approximately 5 minutes the orange light turned blue. The laptop just doesn't react when I press the "On-button". I tried to find a solution on the Internet but I couldn't find anything useful. Please help me out.

    submitted by /u/Richmexx
    [link] [comments]

    Sager Np9176

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 11:31 AM PST

    Is this a good laptop? And please don't bash the price

    submitted by /u/richterman2369
    [link] [comments]

    Would this Dell XPS 13 be a good deal for $799? Original price is $1200. Deal starts Monday

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 11:15 AM PST

    Looking for a laptop in the $800-$750 MAX range that is capable of handling some minor editing with Adobe Premiere.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 11:14 AM PST

    I know there is all types of things to consider when editing, the ram, the graphics card, but I am on a tight budget and even $750 range is still really high and i'm unsure if i could pull it off.

    However, I know that there are some deals coming up for Presidents day as well and wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of something I could use.

    submitted by /u/LasVGrudenGrinders
    [link] [comments]

    I am looking for a laptop up to $1800?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 10:49 AM PST

    I am looking for a laptop with the best specs I can get, mostly for using school and work programs like ArcGIS, etc? I would rather having Windows as OS. I lke 2-in-1 laptops, but any other would be okay too. Help??

    submitted by /u/macedorrn
    [link] [comments]

    Dell Inspiron 15R-5537

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 10:41 AM PST

    So I have ^that^ laptop and I want to know it's approximate price. These are the specs (roughly):

    Intel i5-4200u

    Intel HD Family Graphics

    8gb of ram

    250gb samsung evo ssd (Previously a 1TB hdd)

    1366x768 HD Display

    A batter that was installed roughly 6 months ago

    And the overall size of the laptop is 15.6 inches.

    I am not sure about the age of the laptop, it should be somewhere between 2012 and 2014-2015, but it is in great condition due to the fact that it was used a computer plugged into a TV for watching movies and what not. I am not asking on how to find the price of the laptop, I am looking for an estimate on the average price of this laptop, although any advice will be welcome.

    Thanks for your time!

    P.S. If i have flaired this incorrectly, please notify me in the comments or pms.

    submitted by /u/EmbarrasedFlamingo
    [link] [comments]

    13-15 inch AMD Laptops Charge Over USB-C?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 10:06 PM PST

    I'm snagging my wife a new personal laptop and I'm having some trouble finding devices that permit USB-C charging, but specifically AMD-based laptops since she does some light gaming on the side.

    Am I crazy for thinking this cohort is under-served? I'm not really looking for much in the way of other features- she likes that her work MacBook opens with biometrics and would prefer a thinner/lighter device, and personally I would prefer something I can upgrade RAM on just to save a buck or two or re-use later, but why am I having trouble finding AMD-based systems that charge over USB-C? The main reason this is notable is quality of life: she's got an iPad Pro and thus keeps a charger on-hand for that, so a laptop that charges with the same cable would cut down on general annoyance to say nothing of allowing her to use my cables for charging if needed.

    Anyway- am I losing my mind here or just not looking at the right OEMs?

    submitted by /u/agentpanda
    [link] [comments]

    Broke College kid enquiring about the best laptop to purchase

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 05:31 PM PST

    Hey all. So I have a dilemma. I'm in my first undergrad year at college, and I'm currently stuck without a laptop. I want to know what would be my best option

    1) 2 year payment of ($50) ish for a 2019 Macbook/Apple Care

    2) Refurbished Macbook Air 11' MD711LL/A 128GB HD 4GB 11.6 Inches Intel Core i5 2 ($400 ish)

    3) Another laptop from a different brand of 500 dollar value

    To make it clear I have a budget of $500

    I'll be using it in a college setting, for writing and web browsing. Not many downloads in my immediate future. Thanks !

    submitted by /u/leofrost13
    [link] [comments]

    Interested in upgrading from my ROG, but the new ones aren't great?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 10:18 AM PST

    Here's what I have now: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BPB3FL5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    Looking at the updated version, it seems 2 years didn't make really any difference:

    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GWX25CV/ref=twister_B07RDR631J?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

    Is there anything near this pricepoint that's a clear winner? THe ROG is pretty nice overall, but I'd prefer a better keyboard layout and updated features if there are any. Seems like it might be too early to consider getting a new laptop.

    submitted by /u/hoarduck
    [link] [comments]

    MSI laptop Audio issues

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 12:56 AM PST

    My girlfriend bought a MSI laptop to play VR with but when we go to play any sound it comes out really gainy, the only way to tame it is to turn the application volume down to like 5%, but thats not all.

    When i go to the audio devices to change the default playback device there are multiple devices listed as speakers, and they all work. But the problem there is that each device is for different speakers. So is there any way i could potentially combine all the devices or something so all of the speakers can be used in harmony as intended?

    I have made sure that all the drivers are up to date.

    Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/MalcolmMind
    [link] [comments]

    Bestow your Honest Opinion (Legion y540/MSI PS63/ Asus Strix G)

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 08:13 AM PST

    Alryt! Coming straight to the point. I have been looking for laptops since December now finding the best one to fit my needs and budget. and finally i have narrowed down my top 3.

    1. Lenovo Legion Y540- i5 9300H/1660ti/144Hz screen/8gb RAM.(legion is my top pick becausw of its design and the specs it offers. as non gamery as possible and as loaded as it could get in terms of specs. I will be upgrading the ram to 16 dual cahnnel when i get the lapto so that isnt an issue)

    2)MSi PS63 - i7 8665U/ 1650 MaxQ/16GB RAM/60Hz screen (i love this laptop because it just looks delightful. The 10hr battery backup is just phenomenal. The only problem is that i feel its a bit outdated comared to other 2). "[If till April the Prestige 15 goes on a discount and comes under 1000$ i will buy it no questions asked]

    3) Asus Strix G G531- i5 9300H/1660ti/144Hz screen/8gb RAM (specs wise similar to the y540, but it looks a bit gamery to me but still its preety sleek. It has a bit of RGB going on for itself and i dont mind that much.)

    4) Asus TUF FX506- (Not released yet but they will be launching it in Q1 this year so i was planning on waiting for it to see what it has to offer.)

    I will be buying the laptop in April from USA so hopefully there would be discounts and what not for any of these machines (fingers crossed). My typical usage would be 60% gaming, 20% youtube/amazon prime etc and 20% msword/photoshop.

    So if you guys can help me choose and give your honest opnion i would really appreciate it. Any suggestions are welcomed.

    Thenks <3

    submitted by /u/Shaunakk6
    [link] [comments]

    Is the m15 a good gaming laptop?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 04:21 AM PST

    What is DDR4, and what range is good?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 07:50 AM PST

    I've been in the market for a laptop for a while, and I keep seeing laptops with 4, 8, or 16 gb DDR4. I assume this is memory related, but I dont understand how this affects me in the long run. Like, I know my phone has 16 gb of storage, so 16 on a laptop doesn't seem like much, but 32 gb or more starts edging into gaming laptops.

    So plainly stated, what can you do with 4 gb, what cant you do with 16gb, and what us DDR4 ?

    submitted by /u/xNims
    [link] [comments]

    I'm looking for an affordable laptop that is good for an architecture student. Any suggestions?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 06:03 AM PST

    sacrifice colour gamut for touch?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 04:51 AM PST

    I was planing on getting the Dell 3541. I mostly do audio work so the screen quality is a "nice to have" instead of a "must have". I have the choice between fitting it with a touch screen with 45% colour gamut, or non-touch with 100% sRGB. i thought the touch could be really handy but is it worth such a hit on colour representation? Any thoughts/advice/experience is appreciated

    submitted by /u/akat_walks
    [link] [comments]

    Cheap Minecraft Laptop

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 03:47 AM PST

    I am searching for a really cheap notebook that runs minecraft smooth. Anyone knows one?

    submitted by /u/Endermitt
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel