• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, February 16, 2020

    Laptops is 90°C too hot for a laptop?

    Laptops is 90°C too hot for a laptop?


    is 90°C too hot for a laptop?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 12:44 AM PST

    i've recently stopped cpu throttling on my laptop using throttlestop, but the temperatures have gone from 50°C to max 90°C (so far).

    They are now constantly around 70°C, i am wondering iff this is bad/damaging, and if there is anything i can do to cool it. (I have already cleaned the inside)

    thanks

    submitted by /u/byrco
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a good deal?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 12:43 PM PST

    What’s going on?? It’s a Lenovo Yoga 510- I tried turning it off/ on and it works for the first few seconds but then goes back to this screen.

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 02:10 AM PST

    mx250 or gtx1650maxq

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 01:39 PM PST

    while searching for a new laptop i came by two similar priced laptops(i7 8565u) one equipped with a mx 250 (4gb) the other with a gtx 1650maxq I'm a college student so i care about battery life but i want to game a little... so what is the better deal?

    submitted by /u/iheb2099
    [link] [comments]

    Help choosing between 2 laptops?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 07:37 AM PST

    Spectre x360 or Lenovo thinkPad x1 Carbon. Both 1080p with i7 10th gen processor(carbon has the U version while spectre has the G version) I can get the x360 for 1000 while the Lenovo is 1300 after my student discount... I want an ultra light portable laptop with an amazing processor and great battery life. Will not be gaming on it, also am in the USA. I'm just not sure if the extra 300 dollars is worth it for the U i7. I will mainly be doing coding and video editing on this laptop. It's for college and my internship.

    submitted by /u/vahex
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any use for my old laptop SSD?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 01:19 PM PST

    Is there any use for my old laptop SSD?

    Is there any use for this sanDisk SSD I managed to salvage from my old laptop? Is there any way I could convert it into an external drive to store my photography documents on and hook it up to my current laptop every once in a while?

    https://preview.redd.it/boecokmdrch41.jpg?width=1200&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=859c16a2ad4592f51b655785a4161f6a77ebf6ea

    https://preview.redd.it/fqv71kmdrch41.jpg?width=1200&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=e0b2f68268a7712b3a034b8ba3ded9a73e758300

    submitted by /u/Ginrus
    [link] [comments]

    Need help new pc bad performance

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 01:15 PM PST

    Laptop until ~$700/$800 lighter than 1.5kg

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 09:22 AM PST

    Looking for a laptop which allows me to perform the basic asks without much loading times. Most of its use will be around browsing the web, ms office, playing videos, listening to music.

    However, I want to carry it around often so it must be light.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/ORoxo
    [link] [comments]

    I Experimented With the Dell Latitude 5400 Chromebook; I'd Only Recommend It for Business Users Who Need 11 Hours of Battery Life, Heavily Use Google Apps (Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.) & Need a Powerful Workstation

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 01:00 PM PST

    Mild buzzing and very high pitch frequency coming from Matebook D 14 USB-C charging port

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 11:55 AM PST

    Did my laptop just die?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 11:55 AM PST

    I have a somewhat older laptop (manufactured 2017) and I was just going through my files when the screen changed to a blue screen like it was going to sleep but instead of it saying "going to sleep" it said "locking". That screen was up for about 2 seconds then it just totally shut off. It was pretty much fully charged but even plugging it in is not creating any signs of life and it is not turning back on. The only response I can get out of it is unplugging it from the charger which causes the charging light to flash a couple of times but that is it.

    Is my laptop dead or do you think this is something that could be fixed?

    submitted by /u/addibruh
    [link] [comments]

    Cant get screws to fall out!

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 11:12 AM PST

    Old gold or new and safe?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 10:58 AM PST

    Is this a good laptop

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 10:55 AM PST

    Laptop difficulty! Help!!

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 10:43 AM PST

    Hey guys, I need a little bit of help. I'm in my senior year of college and my nursing school decided to switch to all online exams to mimic my board exams. Sounds great. But it isn't because if you have technical difficulties during the exam, they have IT people around, but at the end of the day if it decides to f*** up, I fail my exam.

    So. The issues. I'm thinking it's the battery but I'm no tech savvy so here they are: - battery does not stay charged. It will go down from 70% to 30% in a matter of an hour. I now keep it plugged in during exams and lecture - this has only happened once. But this is why I'm freaking out because it could happen during an exam. But it shut off and turned back on at 70% - it charges, but intermittently. Even when it's plugged in, it'll go from charging, to not charging, then back to charging.

    The things I have been doing to help/try to fix it: - all updates are complete - I am currently resetting my laptop as we speak to see - I have run troubleshooting tests and the only thing that popped up was that my brightness was too high and some other really superficial problem that wouldn't be the cause of this.

    So if anyone has any advice let me know. I really don't want to buy a new laptop, but I can buy a new battery if that's an issue. Thanks!

    Sincerely, a freaking out nursing student :)

    submitted by /u/camybrook
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with laptop selection

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 10:37 AM PST

    Hello, I am looking for a new laptop and wanted some input. I believe I have narrowed it down to 2 options I like, but if there are other options that are in the same price range or lower that you think are better I am more than open.

    The first one I am considering is the Acer Predator Helios 300 (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Acer-Predator-Helios-300-15-6-Gaming-Laptop-i7-9750-2-6GHz-16GB-Ram-256GB-SSD/264482167668) and the second one is the HP Gaming Pavilion 15-dk0030nr (https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Gaming-Pavilion-15-dk0030nr-15-6-i7-9th-Gen-NVIDIA-1660-8GB-256-SSD/153732052150?epid=9032411888&hash=item23cb24f4b6:g:QEQAAOSwKzFd1qBU).

    I like these two because for the price range a 1660 ti and i7-9750 both seem like the best options. I am curious about the HP, because in some reviews it does have a 1tb HDD, but I didn't see that on the product page, other than that I would prefer that one since it also has a 1 year warranty. The Acer however does list a 2.5" drive slot, which I really like.

    submitted by /u/qolk99
    [link] [comments]

    Alumunium Laptop

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 04:32 AM PST

    Hello there,

    I'm looking for a metal-constructed (aluminium, magnesium, ...) gaming oriented laptop. Preferably 1660 - 1660Ti. Any ideas?

    I currently have HP Pavilion with i7-7700hq and 1050 - the temps are horrible and plastic chassis is bend into an "~". Thus the reason I'm looking for an metal-built one, or atleast something without the usage of lowest grade plastic and extreme bottlenecks. Thanks

    submitted by /u/aviriha
    [link] [comments]

    Need help finding a HP Laptop Battery

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 09:38 AM PST

    As the title suggest Im looking to buy a new battery for my HP Laptop and was wondering where I could buy one. Im not sure where to find the battery model number though so anyone can help me on that?

    submitted by /u/KingMedic
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Google Pixelbook Go a good laptop for a film student?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 09:38 AM PST

    Everything about it seems good but it only has 65GB of storage, is that enough?

    And would it run well with adobe after affects or other editing programmes?

    submitted by /u/dorothymaryx
    [link] [comments]

    Is an Intel celeron N4100 enough for "mid-range" excel work

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 09:22 AM PST

    Greetings everyone,

    I am currently working as a financial consultant. My working laptop is an Acer nitro 5 with an i5 7300hq and 16gb of ram. It's extremely overkill for what I do, which is basically PowerPoint and Word, but in some occasions I must work with some 20+ tabs excel sheets, which my current laptop breezes through. My main issue is that it doesn't look professional at all (it's a gaming laptop after all), and I'm starting to need to use it for some meetings with clients. My budget is kinda low (under $400 USD, but the lowest I could spend the better) and I'm "dating" this surface pro clone (chuwi Hi10 X): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08319MF76/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_XKxsEb74PWKG5. I'll still be doing most of my work on my current laptop, but I would need my "meeting" laptop to be able to load those 20+ tabs gigantic excel files without freezing too much. Would that chuwi tablet pc be able to do this (which has an Intel celeron N4100 with 6gb of ram)?

    submitted by /u/Renan003
    [link] [comments]

    Tips about buying a laptop

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 09:02 AM PST

    Hi, i want to buy a laptop and I need advice, I will use it especially for coding, studying, working. what characteristics I should look. Just want it to be fast, no so heavy, reliable.

    submitted by /u/Ludens249
    [link] [comments]

    What is this!

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 04:00 AM PST

    Best laptop under $2000aud

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 12:08 AM PST

    I'm looking for a good laptop under $2000aud I'm thinking about the dell XPS 13 but I'm not sure

    submitted by /u/indigo1423
    [link] [comments]

    Is 15 inch too heavy for my use case?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 01:28 AM PST

    I'm considering getting this laptop (https://www.dell.com/en-au/shop/dell-laptops/inspiron-15-7000-2-in-1-laptop-black-edition/spd/inspiron-15-7591-2-in-1-laptop/hni759104aub?configurationid=c47499c8-1aaa-4b61-a377-85e78781ec7a#techspecs_section)

    It's on special right now and it's got the specs I want. I like the fact is a 2 in 1 and it has a pen garage.

    My only concern is it's a 15 inch.

    I have a 13 inch MacBook which is what I'm replacing. It weighs about 1.57kg and is compact enough that I like to use it on my lap in front of the TV or use it in bed.

    Just wondering it if I get a 15 inch if it'll get too heavy or bulky for casual use like this?

    submitted by /u/unitydivide
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel