• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, February 10, 2020

    Laptops Help! I can't find a good fitting sleeve for my HP Omen 15.

    Laptops Help! I can't find a good fitting sleeve for my HP Omen 15.


    Help! I can't find a good fitting sleeve for my HP Omen 15.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 09:33 AM PST

    Asus TUF FX505DT vs Lenovo Legion Y530

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 06:28 AM PST

    Hey everyone, I am new here. Seems like an awesome community.

    I am planning to buy a laptop, with a budget of 55k INR. I am a 2nd year university student in India.

    Initially, I was focusing on thin and light laptops only, as I just wanted to play some games like FIFA19, NFS, CS:GO, etc. I had decided on the Acer Swift 3, with a dedicated MX250 (10W version), which is indeed a great laptop. A friend of mine bought it (he got it at 43k then). However, I guess it isn't made for even such games, since even small 100MB games were making the laptop too hot (above 90°C). I know I could use an external cooling pad but still I didn't want to put extra load on that lightweight beauty.

    So, I decided to buy a comparatively lightweight (<=2.3 kg) gaming laptop, under the same budget.

    After extensive research, I narrowed down to:

    • Asus TUF Gaming FX505DT

    R5-3500H, GTX1650, 120Hz Display

    Getting it at 56.5k INR ()

    • Lenovo Legion Y530

    i5 8th gen, GTX1050, 60Hz Display

    Getting it at 52k at Lenovo's website after Student Discount

    • Asus Vivobook Gaming X571GD

    i5 8th gen, GTX1050, 60Hz Display

    Priced around 51k but it's out of stock

    I have extended my budget to 56.5 to accomodate the TUF.

    Since the 3rd option has been unavailable recently (it's getting quite popular due to its looks, weight and sells out fast) and its battery life is quite weak, it was between the TUF and the Legion.

    GTX1050 is enough for me. Since I'll get the Y530 cheaper, it's a good option.

    However, according to my research, it's battery life (max. 4 hours) is worse than that of the TUF (max. 4:45 hours).

    I don't have a minimum battery life requirement as such, but more battery life would be helpful (I might carry the laptop too).

    Also, the display on the Y530 is dim (max. 250 nits). On battery saver mode, the display turns quite dim.

    Other than these two factors, the Legion is great.

    The TUF FX505DT doesn't scream gaming either (which is good). It has good build quality too, brings a better GPU, its cooling is fine too (though the Legion is better), it has a brighter and a 120 Hz display (not my requirement, just an add-on) and also, a slightly better battery life (though the battery capacity is lesser - probably it's due to the Ryzen).

    I know its track pad isn't good and keyboard isn't as good as the Legion, but I guess a brighter display and a longer battery would be more important, since I would be using Linux (dual boot), which would reduce battery backup further.

    Basically, other than the low display brightness and the lower battery life, the Legion suits my needs.

    However, I thought these two factors would be important and I'm leaning more towards the TUF.

    Which one would you recommend?

    Will the Legion's display brightness and battery do?

    Any major drawbacks in the TUF? Any drawbacks due to the Ryzen in it? I'll need to use Android Studio too. I'll use it on Linux, until the virtualization support on Windows is improved.

    Thanks a lot for reading through such a long question. Much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/DonDanny101
    [link] [comments]

    Help finding replacement tape. Asus rog strix gl502vm laptop

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 11:54 AM PST

    Construction Student Recommendation

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 01:41 PM PST

    Looking for some advice on a new laptop as my school's recommended Dell Precision 5520 has decided not to work anymore.

    Preferred Specs: W10 16GB Ram Decent graphics capable of CAD/BIM work 15" size Sizable battery so I don't have to bring a charger to class HDMI port for external monitor

    submitted by /u/r--r
    [link] [comments]

    Question regarding laptop upgrade.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 01:07 PM PST

    Hi I have a HP Pavilion x360 model 14-cd1055cl. It comes stock with 8gb RAM im taking a Windows admin class this spring and will need minimum 16 GB RAM. My question is, can I simply buy an 8 GB ram card and add it to my laptop to get a total of 16 GB? What are my options?

    Thank you for help.

    submitted by /u/NashAJ89
    [link] [comments]

    Finding a battery for an old(ish) laptop

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 11:19 AM PST

    Hi y'all, I've had my ASUS K555L laptop for about 4-5 years now. I haven't been able to use it for the last couple years though, because when my dog was little, she somehow got to the cord while I was in another room, bit through it, and from my best guess, it shorted out my laptop. I got a new charger and that didn't do anything, so the battery is my best guess.

    Now, I use my fiancé's old laptop, which is more current. Problem is, my iTunes/pictures/everything else are all on my old laptop. I do have a lot on my external hard drive, but there's a lot of stuff that isn't. I'm getting a new phone soon, so I'm going to want to make sure everything is backed up to there as I don't really want to do an iCloud restore and put the ridiculous amount of pictures on my old one to my new one, and I want to physically move all of them to my external hard drive.

    So I'm looking for a new battery now. It doesn't need to be crazy powerful, since I don't use this laptop anymore. I just need one that will work well enough to get the thing going so I can make sure everything I want is on there. I'm looking mostly on Amazon since I have Prime, as well as a couple gift cards that I want to use. When I looked under my laptop for the series, it just says K555L, but I've seen others like X555L/K555LN that are basically the same — mine is the metallic blue one.

    Can someone help me find a not super expensive battery for my laptop?

    submitted by /u/infiniteh0rror
    [link] [comments]

    Mid 2010 macbook pro

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 11:12 AM PST

    Its pretty affordable for me it has a good design and I wanna use it for light coding, youtube videos and shit like that, do you guys think its a good purchase? Its 15.4 inch i5 2.4 ghz 250 gb ssd nvidia 330m( I think) seems to have decent specs

    submitted by /u/dinoooop
    [link] [comments]

    Preparing automatic repair

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 11:07 AM PST

    Hello! My asus rog laptop is stuck at "preparing automatic repair" and wont go any further... Laptop worked yesterday but shutted down without any reason and wont work anymore, can someone help please?

    submitted by /u/Janowsgy
    [link] [comments]

    ASUS Zephyrus GX502DU

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 10:10 AM PST

    I have purchased the Asus Zephyrus GX502DU and I want to know if you guys that own it or know about it have had a positive experience.

    Since the laptop needed to be shipped, I have 2 weeks to cancel my order and get my money back.

    submitted by /u/PricklyAssassin
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a good deal, good reviews on YouTube,full 2070, G-sync

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 09:45 AM PST

    5 Great things about Chromebooks

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 03:10 AM PST

    Buying advice needed

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 09:04 AM PST

    I am looking for a low tier gaming laptop and need some advice. I really do not do much gaming at all, but it seems the specs on need for business computing (quickbooks and quicken) while streaming and using a bunch of office tabs basically give me a gaming laptop. Also some VERY minor video, photo, and audio editing. My current needs are an i5 9th or 10th generation, Nvidia GeForce 1050 or higher, 8GB ram, and SSD, with 15.6" screen. Numeric keypad is desired. Also, around $700ish is my ballpark cost range (up to $800 is o.k.) So far, I have narrowed my list to HP Pavillion 1050, Dell G3, Lenovo Legion Y7000, Lenovo Ideapad L340, and Asus Vivibook S Ultra. Am I missing one I should consider and which of these is the best choice. Thanks!!!

    submitted by /u/samgiroux42
    [link] [comments]

    lG Gram refresh date?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 08:33 AM PST

    Need a laptop replacement, thinking the LG Gram14 (14Z90N-V.AA75A1). Anyone know when the Gram 14 refresh is due or have a best guess based on past refresh cycles?

    Also any thoughts on Gram good/bad welcomed (using a Zenbook until now).

    submitted by /u/poisonrain3
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for buying a new laptop after 8 years

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 08:29 AM PST

    Hi, I just needed some help making a decision on what direction to go buying a new laptop. I used to keep up to date with it all but just haven't for the past 5 years. I know I need something that will last at least 5 years if not longer that has SSD and a decent amount of RAM. At most I'd be playing movies, having 15 tabs open with my spotify working. Maybe running 1-2 high usage applications . Any guidance for which brands/models that would suit my needs would be greatly appreciated. My price tops out at around $1000.

    submitted by /u/merry722
    [link] [comments]

    Help with finding a good laptop please

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 07:46 AM PST

    I've always been a tower type of computer person and know enough to upgrade my parts when needed. But laptops feel SO different!

    My bare minimum is to find a laptop that will run World of Warcraft without issue, record video using OSB, screen preferably 17", num pad, and have it all cost around $500.

    Is that even realistic??? I've looked on Newegg and Amazon have have found some probably viable options, but I feel like a dumb dumb about laptops 😅

    Your help, advice, and suggestions are so incredibly welcome!

    submitted by /u/rossiefaie5656
    [link] [comments]

    Should i upgrade HP 15-db0016nm ?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 07:41 AM PST

    I have 8gb ram and 500gb hdd. Should i upgrade to 16gb ram and 256(512)gb M.2?

    submitted by /u/stfnnnn
    [link] [comments]

    Asus tuf 505DT or Asus Rog Strix G Core i5 9th gen

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 07:38 AM PST

    Which series is better?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 02:52 AM PST

    Hp Pavilion 15 gaming vs Asus TUF vs Acer Nitro 51

    Which series do u think is most powerful and reliable ( Consider similar variants for comparison )

    submitted by /u/dicis7502
    [link] [comments]

    Vertical laptop stand

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 04:48 AM PST

    Hey, I was looking to buy a vertical stand for my Thinkpad, but I wanted it to be open while docked (because it opens 180º). I found some potential stands on amazon and similar sites, but I'm not entirely convinced they work well in terms of stability with the laptop open.

    Has any of you used something like this or use some stand that could be a good recommendation for my use case?
    Many thanks!

    submitted by /u/Ryuuks
    [link] [comments]

    Dell Inspiron 7567 FPS DROPS for 10 seconds in every game along with sound crackling

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 04:43 AM PST

    So I have my laptop DELL INSPIRON 7567 for 2 years now and for the past month i am experiencing some huge fps drops in every game from 60+ down to 10-13 for 10 seconds along with sound cracking and the whole struggling to work...After those 10 seconds though the fps are back in their normal state 60+ and this cycle is happening again and again. So any useful tips solving this TERRIBLE issue i would appreciate them :D

    I ve tried a lot of stuff such as:

    Formatting and reinstalling Windows Updating every driver to the latest Checking temp for GPU (Max was 82) Disabled a lot of Windows apps and features Uninstalling Smartbyte (was a solution for sound crackling problem but didn't work for me) Undervolting Changing features with regedit Rolled back to previous Nvidia Drivers Run scans with Dell support assist,found nothing Deleted Dell assistants and support assist (as i saw in another video)

    Nothing absolutely nothing changed so I am a little desperate to be honest... Forgot to mention my warranty is expired so nothing can be changed and I really can't understand if it's a Hardware or Software problem or something else.I am also using an external screen with an HDMI,keyboard and mouse along with an USB hub for my headset and a cooling pad!

    My Specs GPU: Nvidia 1050ti (notebook) Integrated GPU: Intel HD graphics 630 CPU: i7 7700HQ 2.80GHz Ram: 8gbs DDR4

    submitted by /u/ZaNiDoSgr
    [link] [comments]

    Which one?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 07:44 PM PST

    Lenovo LEGION Y545 Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - GeForce GTX 1660Ti - 144Hz 1080p Display for $1200 https://www.costco.com/lenovo-legion-y545-gaming-laptop---intel-core-i7---geforce-gtx-1660ti---144hz-1080p-display.product.100492301.html or MSI GL65 9SDK-039 15.6" Gaming Laptop Computer - Black Intel Core i7-9750H Processor 2.6GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6; 16GB DDR4-2666 RAM; 1TB Solid State Drive for $1100. https://www.microcenter.com/product/610537/msi-gl65-9sdk-039-156-gaming-laptop-computer---black Everyone's saying is that the cooling on the Lenovo is horrible.

    submitted by /u/Crizo__
    [link] [comments]

    Ram usage

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 04:07 AM PST

    I have 8gb ram but it uses only 5.88gb how can i make it use more ram

    submitted by /u/kokkjan
    [link] [comments]

    Scar III vs G7 7590

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 08:45 PM PST

    First time buying gaming lap and first time posting on reddit btw.

    After considering everything, I comes down to decide between those two: Asus rog scar III and Dell G7 7590. Help me decide plz ! Nearly throw away my wallet to choose one. Every help means a lot. Tks y'all!!!

    Same specs overall:

    Nvidia rtx 2060 6GB

    512 SSD

    16GB ram

    Intel Core i7

    144Hz

    submitted by /u/RollingShad
    [link] [comments]

    When i plugged in my laptop, its charger continuously stop & start in few min Interval, please help me to solve this

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 12:09 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel