• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, February 15, 2020

    I switched to Google Messages, and now all of my conversations are one-sided... Android Help

    I switched to Google Messages, and now all of my conversations are one-sided... Android Help


    I switched to Google Messages, and now all of my conversations are one-sided...

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 08:51 AM PST

    I decided to switch to Google Messages so that I can have messaging on the web. I was previously using Samsung's messaging. I switched over to Google as the default messaging app, and it's fine except that all of my messages came over weird.

    When you look at all of my prior messages with everyone, you can only see their side of the conversation, all of the bubbles with my responses and messages are missing and only the ones from my contacts are showing if that makes sense.

    Did I miss a step or something? I want to use Google messaging, but not if I'm going to lose half of all my message history.

    submitted by /u/big_duck_energy
    [link] [comments]

    Like-New S10+ showing much weaker WIFI connection than old OnePlus 6T

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 10:12 PM PST

    Today I received my Galaxy S10+ from Amazon Warehouse. They had a 20% sale, so I thought that $460 total was a good price to upgrade from my OnePlus 6T. I immediately noticed that the WIFI connection seems much weaker on the S10+. I thought that was strange, since Samsung components are typically higher quality. I am not able to connect at all on the S10+ in my living room, while the OP6T and my Thinkpad T490 have no problem with it.

    It is a 5ghz router, originally on channel 48. I have tried 48, 44, and 40 with the same effect. Why is the S10 reception so much weaker?

    Here's a picture showing that:

    https://i.imgur.com/U2jmOu1.jpg

    The S10+ is showing 10dbm weaker than the OP6T.

    The app I am using is WIFI Analyzer from Play Store.

    How can I fix this issue?

    submitted by /u/anythingall
    [link] [comments]

    S20 longevity

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 06:20 PM PST

    With Samsung only doing software updates for 2 years, would this phone be worth it if I plan on keeping it for atleast 3-4 years?

    submitted by /u/God_Is_Nonexistent
    [link] [comments]

    How to install Apps without adding Google account?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 10:00 PM PST

    I'm gifting a phone to someone and was hoping to keep the phone updated and install essential apps so they can just get going. Is there anyway to install apps from playstore without adding google account? I definitely can't ask for their account details and I don't wanna add my account since I'm giving this away.

    Any help on this will be much appreciated. Good day :)

    submitted by /u/pr1m347
    [link] [comments]

    Calls in Apps Not Working

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 05:57 PM PST

    So I have a problem that seems to be a bug of the software. If I make a call using the default-in-the-phone app, using phone numbers and all that, the other side of the call can hear me. However, If I make or receive a call in another app, for example Snapchat or Discord, my voice does not transmit. The mic picks up nothing. Even thought it works perfectly fine for making phone calls, the microphone picks up nothing if i make a Snapchat call or join a Discord call. I've tried lots of things, i've cleaned the microphone hole, uninstalled and reinstalled the apps, started the phone in safe mode, restarted it many many times. The problem never goes away. At this point I'm assuming it's got to be a software problem, something to do with the recent update to Android 10, since before the update everything worked fine. I would like some help with this, please, I like my phone and I really don't want to buy a new one right now.

    submitted by /u/Awesomnes528
    [link] [comments]

    Persistent Network Connections... Help!

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 05:40 PM PST

    Dear Android Experts... Help!

    I have some persistent network connections on my Android phone. I have taken lots of screenshots and put the most telling ones here in this album;

    https://imgur.com/a/ltyxAVF

    Is this something my phone already has on it? If you have a Huawei P20 Pro, please view the album and have a look for yourself using the playstore app. The only problem is as of Android Q10 the app no longer works because they have decided to deny access to the required folder. I have stopped my phone from updating for the time being, while I work on this.

    I have been in contact with meetcircle and they have said I should get hold of Sky, as they use their services to some degree but what I want to know, is how have I gained PERMANENT connections on my phone without downloading anything related to Sky or meetcircle.

    Imagine if you went to a coffee shop, connected to their WIFI and when you disconnected it left connections on your phone. I don't even know what controls these connections, yes, they are closed at the moment but whatever is controlling them on my phone could open them at any point, couldn't it?

    submitted by /u/_toboRrM
    [link] [comments]

    How do I go about flashing a Pixel 1st gen back to stock Android?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 09:03 PM PST

    Currently it's running Copperhead OS and it's been a dead OS for a while now. Trying to get it flashed back to stock Android, how is easy is it?

    I know to start here

    https://developers.google.com/android/images

    But not sure what to do after, I downloaded Android Studio

    submitted by /u/hivecircuit
    [link] [comments]

    Casting to Chromecast causing apps to crash.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 08:43 PM PST

    Hey guys,

    I've recently changed phone from a pixel 2 to pixel 3a and have started to have a strange issue I can't seem to find the cause myself.

    Whenever I am using the cast feature in an app (Twitch, YouTube, prime video etc) and try and and use the app at the same time within a minute the apps will auto close and pop up a not responding error for a split second. All the apps have the same issue doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing on the app just having it open and casting causes them to crash.

    I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the apps but that doesn't seem to make a difference. No new apps installed from my old phone to the 3a that could be conflicting.

    Any suggestions would be appreciated

    Pixel 3a Android 10 latest update

    submitted by /u/Nerdora
    [link] [comments]

    Why can't I activate Google assistant while on Bluetooth headset?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 08:35 PM PST

    Android 10 on S9

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 04:19 PM PST

    Does anyone with an s9/s9+ that experienced strange battery drain issues with One UI 1.0 see any noticable improvement in battery performance with the One UI 2.0 update?

    submitted by /u/Uzatron
    [link] [comments]

    http injector?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 08:03 PM PST

    Am playing with an app called http injector. Wondering the purpose. Is it for private vpn's and proxies? Alittle advice on setting up would also be helpful. Thanks

    submitted by /u/KryptkLeo
    [link] [comments]

    Autobrightness on A70

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 04:13 PM PST

    Why does my phone lowers screen brightness even when it is off?

    submitted by /u/HotTropicWave
    [link] [comments]

    [HELP] Recompile Settings.apk bootloop

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 03:46 PM PST

    Hello! First of all I regret my English so much, so let's start ... I'm new to the android world.

    Some time ago I was interested in creating my own custom rom using LineageOs as a base, the other day I got down to work and began to decompile quite a lot of system applications by customizing them to my own liking.

    I broke down without fail the SystemUI.apk, then the framework-res.apk, among other applications that for what I have been told are quite screwed. For two days I am trying to decompile the Settings.apk apk, I am using ApkTool v2.3.4, I already did all the steps, install the framework-res and the org.cyanogenmod.platform-res. I mean, the file is decompiled and compiled well, without errors or anything like that, but once I add it to the "system/priv-app/Settings" folder, the cell phone goes into a bootloop.

    What problem can it be?

    submitted by /u/AguusOwo
    [link] [comments]

    Chrome and YouTube keep re enabling and updating themselves

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 07:15 PM PST

    So first thing I do when I get an android is to disable auto updates and notifications to update; I also disable most Google stuff like Play Movies, Duo, YouTube and Chrome. I use a different browser and watch YouTube there.

    On February 13 I noticed Chrome had popped into my app list. I was confused and thought "huh, maybe I went to the store and accidentally clicked enable" so no worries. I went to disable it again, and I also notice YouTube is back on. I thought maybe an update enabled them. So I turn YT off as well. Next day, I see chrome back in my app drawer. Maybe I went to the menu to disable it and didn't actually click disable, fine. YouTube was also there, so I disable it too.

    Today I've been checking for it to appear, and sure enough, it's back on. It's really annoying and honestly makes me furious at Google. So I'm hoping it is user error, any idea what could be causing this?

    It's a Huawei P30 lite on EMUI 9.1.

    submitted by /u/PMmeCuteArticFoxes
    [link] [comments]

    Gallery not detecting video (Galaxy note 10)

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 06:09 PM PST

    My girlfriend sent me some videos of our dogs. Over mms they were degraded so we did a Bluetooth transfer. It automatically turned into a WiFi transfer. They came over perfectly, however they aren't appearing in my gallery. They are sitting in the download folder though. They are .mp4

    submitted by /u/SpecterGT260
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get my data from a broken phone?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 02:19 PM PST

    My Phone fell and now the screen doesn't work. But else it works just fine. I don't have a new enough backup to use. How do I get the data I want of? Android 7.0 (sony) Thanks for the aid.

    submitted by /u/Leoihavenoidea
    [link] [comments]

    I can't update my moto g6 play to android 9.0

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 12:06 PM PST

    I have a moto g6 play that was supposed to get android 9 last august but I still haven't gotten the update. I have already checked in settings and it says 8.0.0 is the newest version. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

    submitted by /u/coochie_crusader69
    [link] [comments]

    Device says "SD Card Corrupted" even though data is still accessable via PC

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 05:58 PM PST

    As the title claims, my Android device thinks my SD card is corrupted after an update although it isn't.

    I've done verything from taking the card out, removing the Android directory on the SD card and then putting it back in, but it won't budge. I already backupped the most important stuff to my laptop though.

    Should I straight up reformat the card?

    submitted by /u/DatGameh
    [link] [comments]

    Can I change firmware on a Chinese version SM-N9760 to a US firmware version?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 06:10 AM PST

    Hey guyyyyys. My Note 10 from South Africa grew legs and vanished in China...(Pickpocket) and so I bought a Note10+ 5G version. My question is, would it be possible to flash its firmware to another country? Or change settings to allow me to sign in with my South African Samsung account?

    Google gives no lead.

    submitted by /u/JaydTheLongBoy
    [link] [comments]

    HELP Can't open an old .flock encrypted file

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 05:09 PM PST

    Hello everyone, In 2011 i made the bad decision to encrypt some important file using an app on my Galaxy Tab 7". The problem is that i can't remember the app name and neither i can find the app. All i can remember is that it made a single encrypted file of the directory and it was a .dlock file (or a .flock file if i encrypted a single file). Can anyone please give me the name and the 2011 apk so that i can try do decrypt it? Any given information would be very useful (link, subreddit that can help etc...). Thanks

    submitted by /u/GioC88
    [link] [comments]

    ADB &TWRP Backup Questions:

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 04:36 PM PST

    Hey guys, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon phone with 3.0.2.2 TWRP installed. I followed this guide to root and install TWRP onto my phone. https://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-galaxy-s5/general/testers-required-easier-root-method-t3561529

    Anyways, I want to create a nandroid backup however it says my SD Card is at 0GB rather than what it's supposed to be at approximately 50GB free of 64GB. The internal HD isn't big enough to fit a backup. I have tried reformatting my SD card to fat 32 from exfat and I can't mount the SD card in TWRP. I have my phone set up 100% the way I want it to be so I really don't want to screw this up and have to reformat it again.

    This hyperlink https://twrp.me/Devices/ shows that my phone isn't even listed in the compatibility list yet 3.0.2.2 TWRP is installed on my device. I've been told that TWRP doesn't have any retention of what version is on the phone so there is no risk in downgrading but is that true?

    If I want to downgrade my TWRP to version 3.0.2.0 would I be safe and say I tried other versions and screwed up could I reinstall my previous version? Since TWRP is already installed to my device would I downgrade my TWRP through TWRP or through ODIN? I mean when I hold Home, Vol + and the power button it will boot straight to TWRP rather than the booloading screen thing. I have got my phone working on adb but I don't think adb has any cmds that can make a 100% backup can it?

    Any information regarding these matters would greatly be appreciated, thanks.

    submitted by /u/unknowncool333
    [link] [comments]

    There's something wrong with Google

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 12:52 AM PST

    A few months back, when I was in the Google beta program, I received an update that got me dark mode for Google. I was excited, but within a few days, the dark theme changed back to white. When I checked the general settings in Google , the option to change the theme was gone. But then yesterday I received an update and when I checked the general settings, the option to change the theme came back. Can someone please explain what is happening with Google's dark mode?

    submitted by /u/Flat_Chances465
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with typing and Google Play after last update.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 11:44 AM PST

    Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy S9. After the latest update, non of my smart typing features are working such as predictive text and auto replace, punctuation with words like you're/they're etc no longer get added in either. I also have an issue with 99% of my album art disappearing from Google Play. I have tried turning on and off settings etc and I can't seem to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

    submitted by /u/Sam_OzoneO3
    [link] [comments]

    New Tab s6 stuck on Just a sec...

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 03:26 PM PST

    Setting up a brand new Tab S6 here and after logging into wifi then Google I'm getting stuck at the 'Just a sec...' screen. I tried factory reset to no avail and left any betas through the playstore settings. Please help!

    submitted by /u/Rhakiel
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with fast charging

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 11:20 AM PST

    I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. I've had it since August 2019 and its been a fantastic phone. But about a week ago the fast charging has not been working. when i plug in my charger it says that it's fast charging but it charges very slow and it takes about 10-15 minutes just for it to charge 1%. I checked to see if i had any background apps running and i did so i cleared the background apps. i also deleted any apps giving me malware and i optimized my phone and it says that its good but it still charges very slowly. Does anybody have a solution?

    submitted by /u/SleepInsomnia24
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel