• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, February 14, 2020

    Home Networking TP-Link Business support asked me for my TP-Link username and password

    Home Networking TP-Link Business support asked me for my TP-Link username and password


    TP-Link Business support asked me for my TP-Link username and password

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 07:29 AM PST

    I've been working in infosec for 10 years and have never received such an inappropriate question from a tech support agent. Asking me for a teamviewer session? Yes, that's absolutely fine. Asking for my username and password? No thanks.

    https://imgur.com/a/IXQ9tSz

    I think I'll be tossing all of my tp-link gear in the trash.

    submitted by /u/ssdw0204
    [link] [comments]

    ASUS GT-AX11000 suddenly no longer able to saturate my connection over Wi-Fi

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 06:23 PM PST

    When I first set up the router and tested it, I got 500/500 from nearly my entire home. The next time I run some tests a few days later however, the numbers had dropped to a consistent 180-220/200.

    I don't really get a lot of variance with my ISP. A wired machine does 500/500 as expected, the issue does seem to be limited to Wi-Fi alone.

    All I've really done is set up some port forwarding rules and make my pi-hole the DNS server. I imagine wired would also be affected if DNS was the culprit.

    Anyone have any ideas what might have caused this?

    submitted by /u/Fenkon
    [link] [comments]

    ISP is offering 10 Gbps symmetrical speeds in my area soon. Is there even consumer grade 10 Gbps gear on the market yet?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 08:14 PM PST

    So like the title says, my ISP is going to provide 10 Gbps symmetrical Internet speeds in my area starting this summer. It's 10G EPON for those that are familiar. They place an ONT on the outside of the house and bring in CAT6a cable into a coupler in the house for me to connect to. Their interface will link up at 1 gig or 10 gig depending on what you connect it to. I'm currently running the Asus AC5300 router and have been very happy with it. It looks like I can LAG my WAN interface and 1 of the 1Gbps LAN interfaces together for a total of 2 Gbps. I would still need a 10 Gbps switch in order to aggregate these from 10 Gbps from the ISP to the 2 1Gbps interfaces of my router. Looking at Amazon/Newegg/everywhere else I don't see any 10 Gbps capable routers at what I would call a consumer rate (everything is over 1k!).

    So my question is, are there any routers in the 300-500 dollar range that have a 10 Gbps WAN interface?

    I know plenty of you will say that I won't ever use 10 Gbps, and you might be right. But I'm pretty sure I can use over a gig. Regardless, any info you have would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/kennyLetter
    [link] [comments]

    Did I get fooled by a rogue hotspot, or could there be another explation?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 08:06 PM PST

    I live in a complex with multiple nearby neighbors. I've been using the same ISP since I have moved up here and I advertise two SSID's with my router (a 2.4ghz and a 5ghz band). I almost always use the 5ghz option since my place is small and I've never noticed an issue with range.

    A couple days ago I came home from work and noticed by 5ghz SSID was not being seen by my laptop. I didn't think anything of it, and being too lazy to reset my router, I just used the standard 2.4ghz one. I continued using this, still not seeing the 5ghz SSID appearing until tonight when I was playing a game online and noticed rather bad lag issues. So I sucked it up and reset my router and sure enough both SSID's are now appearing.

    NOW, this isn't enough for me to be suspicious. I have to reset my router every so often because over time it does slow down. What makes me suspicious is over the past couple of days, the days I've been using this 2.4 ghz SSID, I was able to view a website where I am IP banned without the use of a VPN or TOR. I thought this was odd, but I didn't really think too much of it. After resetting my router a few minutes ago, sure enough, I can't view this site without obfuscating my IP.

    Can anyone think of an explanation for this? Why would my ISP issue me a new public IP address, and then once resetting my router, it would revert me back to my old IP? I know if your router is offline for a certain period of time you will be assigned a new public IP (leasing times and all that), but that can't be the explanation for this. I may just be worrying for no reason, but I'm curious why this would happen.

    I should say, my knowledge of rogue access points and other MITM attacks is lacking, so maybe this wouldn't even be a symptom of something fishy. I'm more curious as to why this would happen than anything.

    submitted by /u/hamburgerwalrus
    [link] [comments]

    My Mediacom router is connecting to another apartment’s devices via MoCA connection, disrupting my own service.

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 10:34 AM PST

    Hello, r/HomeProgramming!

    This has been a recurring issue for several days out of the month for the past few months, and I'm hoping there may be some wisdom to draw on here.

    I live in an apartment building with my internet serviced by Mediacom. My modem/router connects via a coax cable. Every now and then (once a month or so), my router will begin to connect to another apartment's devices via MoCA. I do not have TiVo or any other devices that would normally use this type of connection. On my Mediacom Control Panel, I can see these other devices by name, and they are all labeled with a MoCA connection.

    When this cross-connection occurs, my own internet connection becomes spotty, and sometimes ceases to work together. I appear to have intermittent connection interferences during which my service drops altogether, making it near-impossible to do anything online that requires a persistent internet connection.

    Usually this problems lasts for a day or two. I have seen it resolve after having Mediacom reset the router, but that may be a coincidence as it has not reliably solved the problem. I have also seen it begin when the router has reset itself for unknown reasons—this is more likely related to the problem, but not a confirmed contributor.

    I have tried restarting the router, unplugging the coax cable and the power cable in varying combinations, and tried contacting Mediacom directly about the issue.

    Are there any recommendations for actions I can take to resolve this?

    I am currently using a Hitron-brand modem/router provided by Mediacom, but I have experienced this issue with a previous router provided by the company as well.

    submitted by /u/ColinHalby
    [link] [comments]

    I am super confused by vlans :(

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 10:27 PM PST

    I think this is an easy question for someone in the field even tho it may look long and wordy. ( I THINK....) so here goes. ( Also I am not normally someone who likes talking to someone live(anxiety and all that bs), but I am willing to try if anyone is willing to discord or reddit chat me on this subject)

    Also it buigs me, I can spin up proxmox on macbooks, get my website running on gce instance, configure my domain to use mxroute email. But can not ever understand vlans. I have been on and off trying for YEARS. but now I got all the equipment and also a good reason.

    I need some help understanding vlans. mostly the physical ports and their relation to vlans tagged, untagged, or otherwise.

    Here is a scenario and if you can all help me with understanding what should be a pvid, vid, tagged ports, untagged ports, other.

    modem --> er-x 'ETH0" 

    .

    er-x "ETH1" --> to dumb switch --> local network pc's all on 10.0.0.1/24 (vlan0 or something else?) with ER-x Management access er-x "ETH2" --> NanoHD AP which will have 4 ssid's, Local network (Vlan0?) , then 3 separate networks/vlans. iot(vlan10), normal wifi (vlan20), and guests(vlan30). er-x "ETH3" --> managed dlink switch "port 0" for iot(vlan10), lab(vlan40), media(Vlan50), and local network(Vlan0?). 

    .

    dlink managed switch port 0 --> er-x port 1 --> unraid ( has an e1000 if it matters). will need iot(Vlan10), lab(Vlan40), media(Vlan50). port 2 --> guests "wired"(Vlan30) port 3 --> local network(Vlan0?) 

    So if someone can please help me with just telling me for each of the 7 ports on 2 devices how I should have them tagged or untagged or what have you? I just get super confused here. especially when I mix non vlan with vlan on a single port?

    Anyways Please help :P and if this is to much just tell me I gots some reading to do. I tried a while ago with some tutorial links some here provided and still couldn't really wrap my head around it.

    I think if someone could help me understand the settings for my scenario I can extrapolate the basics of what I need so I can at least get started on my network and smart lights n stuff.

    submitted by /u/kalabaddon
    [link] [comments]

    Xfniity router stops after trying to unblock a device.

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 08:16 PM PST

    I had a device block on my router under the Parental Control settings. I went to unblock it by clicking the X and when I did the page started load like it was going to do it, then goes white and does nothing else. I have log back into the router to try again.

    url says this, not sure it thats at all helpful.

    http://10.0.0.1/actionHandler/ajax_managed_devices.php?del=2

    edit: I just tried to add it as an Allowed Device and the entire router page just stops working. Buttons don't press, some of the button options are not even there.

    I reset the router with the button on the back and I don't know what else I can do top solve this. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/one_fishBoneFish
    [link] [comments]

    Could someone shed some light on what my issues might be bridgeing connection from laptop to my xbox one?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 08:10 PM PST

    So.i connected my laptop.to my schools network. Then ethernet cable from laptop to xbox one and bridge connection. it keeps losing connection or if I do connect and try update my game it just stays stuck at 620kbs. Doesnt move up in percentage at all. Or itll say cannot obtain ip address or somthing about dhcp. can anyone help with a work arounandd. Oh yeah I'm across the street from my school lol so I have to sign in with my school username and password before I do everything on the laptop. Also would a vpn be a work around? Could I use my mobile as a hotspot and then use a vpn?

    submitted by /u/phantombuz
    [link] [comments]

    Modem/router question

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 08:00 PM PST

    Hi guys! Getting ready to close on a new house and working on getting the items needed for the network. In our old house we had the Netgear ac1750 (Netgear C6300-100NAS AC1750 (16x4) DOCSIS 3.0 WiFi Cable Modem Router Combo (C6300) Certified for Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, Cablevision & more https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J65WQHU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_LL2rEb4AX79CN ). In the new house I will have 2 lines of cat6 run to each room as well as cameras and access points. I plan on getting a Unifi 24 port gen 2 switch and the cloud key gen2 plus.

    Is it ok for me to reuse this modem/router or is it worth it to get a USG for the router. what would be the benefit of that vs keeping the netgear modem/router. I would turn the wireless off on the netgear since I will be using access points.

    Many thanks for all your help!

    submitted by /u/CptArrius
    [link] [comments]

    Revive my Cisco 1242AG - IOS hunt

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 04:25 PM PST

    I'm so sad.

    I accidentally wiped my Cisco 1200 AP without a good validated backup file. Making matters worse, it seems the hard drive that housed the IOS image either started suffering from bitrot, or the file has corrupted over time.

    I know, I know, it's an old dog. I love her though. I fitted her with dual 5.2db Ceiling Mount AIR ANT5160V-R Antennas. We've been going steady for so long. I still haven't broken the news to her that I have some Aruba's arriving next week, but nothing can truly take her place.

    It's been a few moons, and I'm a bit rusty, but I'm running my trusty Debian box and have tftpd-hpa running. I've temporarily disabled the firewall. Left tftpd-hpa as defaults. Put the image file in the same directory called for in /etc/default/tftpd. Her and I are on the same subnet, she's staying alive on Port 8 of my POE switch, whereas my Debian system is on Port 9.Debian is using 10.0.0.5/255.255.255.0/10.0.0.1 as Eno1/Subnet/Default-Gateway. Meanwhile, Cisco 1242AG is 10.0.0.1/255.255.255.0/10.0.0.5 as IP_ADDR/Subnet/Default-Gateway.

    Can't ping the AP before/after entering ap: ether_init

    I just don't want to give up.

    Where I'm at: ROMMON. File I've got that's borked: c1240-k9w7-tar.124-25d.JA1.tar (Autonomous).

    The error I get when trying to TFTP it up is...

    Reset ethernet port 0... Reset done! ethernet link up, 100 mbps, full-duplex Ethernet port 0 initialized: link is up button is pressed, wait for button to be released... button pressed for 21 seconds process_config_recovery: set IP address and config to default 10.0.0.1 process_config_recovery: image recovery image_recovery: Download default IOS tar image tftp://255.255.255.255/c1240-k9w7-tar.default examining image... %Error opening �߲M���N���]���������k�o���ݳ����]�������]���]���o����m�����]��~����_���}���W��o�������m�����o�M�O�]�������]���N������Ý¿��OZ��_DK�N~�2Ml�2M��O>�0A]�2����wU�LTb :Z@Û±���#�$+�A�Z�Y��{m���P��|]׭7H�Õ–H�G1I�9� �������-��J�JP^)��u0cÝ™@*�mN"Rl-�ÎŒ (connection timed out) The system is unable to boot automatically because there are no bootable files to boot. 

    Anyone still have a known good IOS that'll work to resuccitate her? Anyone know where I'm going wrong with the ping failures?

    I'm soooooo tired. Probably should've paid more attention to what I was doing. Is she going to make it, Doc?

    submitted by /u/LAN_SoL0
    [link] [comments]

    House wired for...CCTV? Can I use this to power internet?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 04:11 PM PST

    http://imgur.com/gallery/d8BXRti

    I have this leviton telephone patch panel. Would I be able to punch down ethernet to it and attach it to my router? Or should I get a new patch panel to replace this one?

    A side note, the cables have a color scheme I haven't seen before. Light green, green, peach?, blue, light blue, orange, pink, brown? I don't know if that could run a connection.

    submitted by /u/Teclis00
    [link] [comments]

    Router and Modem Opinions for a Replacement

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 04:05 PM PST

    I am currently running a bad internet plan and I'm looking to just upgrade from my 15mbps that hasn't ever been cutting it for the house. We're looking into the 100mbps for Xfinity and have no idea where to start. I have a Linksys WRT1200AC with some sub-par Arris modem meant for that limited internet plan.

    We will soon be having two computers running on the network. Ethernet for the two computers will be a must. We have 4-5 phones usually doing whatever and streaming. I do a lot of torrenting myself, but I hope that won't affect much.

    Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ChromaNinja
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with New iOS YouTube App & Roku on different VLANs?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 03:51 PM PST

    Problem w New iOS YouTube App & Roku on different VLANs

    On a new version of the iOS YouTube app, you can now select the "Cast" icon, and connect to your Roku not just for Casting, but also Voice Search & Remote Control.

    When my iPhone is on my trusted network, and the Roku is on the IoT network, you can discover the Roku and connect partially, but then it never lets you cast, use voice search, or the remote control.

    If I connect the iPhone to the same IoT network the Roku is on, everything works great.

    I am all Unifi (USG, Switches, AP AC Pros) and have the following VLANs:

    Trusted Network (192.168.2.x) > iPhone is usually connected here on WiFi

    IoT Network (192.168.20.x) > Roku is connected here with ethernet LAN switch port set to VLAN 20

    Some other settings of note:

    - I have "IGMP Snooping" Turned ON for both VLANs

    - I have "Enable multicast enhancement (IGMPv3)" Turned ON for all wireless networks

    - I have "Block LAN to WLAN Multicast and Broadcast Data" Turned OFF for all wireless networks

    - I have mDNS Turned on in Services

    - I have uPNP Disabled on LAN and in Services

    My LAN IN Firewall include these notable rules (see attached screenshot for full list)

    Allow all traffic from Roku IP to these ports:

    - 8008

    - 8009

    - 5556

    - 5558

    - 5353

    Allow all traffic from Roku IP to these IP addresses:

    - 239.255.255.250

    - 224.0.0.1

    - 224.0.0.251

    I even tried just allowing ALL traffic from Roku to the Trusted network with no luck.

    I also tried rebooting the Roku and iPhone after the changes were made, also with no luck.

    I also rebooted all switches, APs, and the USG, with no luck.

    The only thing I can think of is that maybe there are some new Ports and/or IP addresses now being used, but not sure where to begin sniffing the traffic to find this out, and could not find any YouTube/Roku documentation on it.

    My USG is: 4.4.44.5213844

    My Switches and APs are: 4.0.80.10875

    My Controller is: 5.12.35_12979

    Thank you for any direction you can give to this Network Amateur,

    Chris

    Firewall Rules Screenshot:

    https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0J5VaUrzGPFJrq

    submitted by /u/sumocomputers
    [link] [comments]

    Will my Netgear DOCSIS 3.1 Modem work with Optimum internet

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 12:01 PM PST

    Me and the wife are moving the 24th. We currently reside in CT and the best internet provider in our city is Optimum internet. I went out and bought my own modem (Netgear CM1000 Docsis 3.1) and our own router.

    On Optimums website it says they do not currently support Docsis 3.1 . Doing some research ive seen other people say that they are currently using the same modem fine with Optimum.

    I was under the impression and Docsis 3.1 is backwards compatible with 3.0.

    Can anyone with a little more experience and knowledge let me know if i'll be fine with the Netgear modem or will I have to downgrade to a 3.0?

    submitted by /u/drgon59
    [link] [comments]

    Using Arris DG1670A and Moca Adapters together??

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 03:44 PM PST

    I have an Arris DG1670A modem and 300 mbps service that gives me an average of 150 mbps hardwired via ethernet to my PC. My Wi-fi gives me around 30-40 mbps throughout the house.

    I want to try to use Moca adapters to reach my TV upstairs from where the modem is and was wondering:

    A. Will the Arris DG1670A work with this type of setup? I see that it is rated for moca 1.1

    B. Assuming it will, can I use any adapters or will I need a specific one?

    These are the ones I have seen the most ratings for:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008EQ4BQG/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

    But these are cheaper: https://www.amazon.com/Arris-MEB1100-ETHERNET-Bridge-Frontier/dp/B07PWPKG6Z

    Will either one work or do I need a specific kind because my modem is rated moca 1.1?

    Any other advice would be appreciated if you think I should go in a completely different direction.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Gergdawg19
    [link] [comments]

    Deco Semi-Review and Question

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 03:39 PM PST

    Hi everyone. A few months ago I installed a Deco mesh wireless system. Overall I'm impressed with setup and improved speeds over my 10 year old AirPort Extreme. Pros include:

    1. Easy setup
    2. seemingly effective wifi handoffs
    3. Ethernet backhaul works well
    4. reasonable parental controls

    Cons include:

    1. I don't really like that it authenticates with the cloud (how much of what data is being shared with whom now?0
    2. With 15-20 devices, it seems to max out the CPU of the main router just going to the management page
    3. Ethernet connection speeds seem to be topping out at 320 - 350 Mbps when I get over 700 Mbps directly connected to my modem.

    I have about 6 hardwired devices I'd love to get actually great speeds on. With wireless, it's not typically a problem if I'm getting 300 or so.

    Is there a recommended no frills no wifi router that this group recommends? Then I can switch my decos into access point only mode?

    submitted by /u/otherguy
    [link] [comments]

    Moca 2.5 vs 2.0 - Worth the trouble?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 08:32 AM PST

    I currently have a setup where most of my devices are on a Guest WiFi network, but my main computers are connected using 3 ActionTec Moca 2.0 adapters. While I see ActionTec makes a Moca 2.5 adapter it appears they won't sell to consumers. I looked at the GoCoax but see they are out of stock at both Amazon and their home page. Amazon does offer a set of Moca 2.5 adapters from Translite (TL-MC84), but there is next to no info about them, and they aren't covered by Prime which is often a warning sign. Plus you have to buy two at a time so I'm going to have to buy four to get three.

    Given all that, am I going to see enough of a difference to go through the hassle of getting these, or are the speeds not really that much higher than my current Moca 2.0 setup?

    submitted by /u/VersusWorldChannel
    [link] [comments]

    Advice requested on proposed Network Setup

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 01:52 PM PST

    Hello everyone!

    I've been lurking for a little while and have decided to get a little more into my home network, tinker around and change some things as I go.

    I of course browsed here before making a purchase and took advice from the awesome information in the "What Should I Buy" post by u/DaNPrS. I just purchased a TRENDnet TEG-S24g on ebay for a reasonable $38.00, and was wondering how I would integrate it into my current home network.

    Here's how I think it's supposed to be setup, please let me know if I have this wrong. I would greatly appreciate any help and or suggestions eventually I'll have 2 Ubiquity AP's instead of the Motorola / Netgear units I currently have.

    Thanks again. :)

    submitted by /u/2002fofocuszts
    [link] [comments]

    Alcatel Lucent G-240W-B switch configuration with router of a different ISP

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 01:21 PM PST

    Do you know how to configure the device to work as a switch?Device was provided by ISP A and I have it connected to modem from ISP B.

    • -Fiber cable has been disconnected
    • -DHCP has been disabled and IP has been changed (they are in the same network)
    • -LAN ports are configured as router ports not bridge.
    • -From my computer I can access both Web UI (modem from ISP B and G-240W-B) and they recognize each other but don't have access to internet if connected from G-240W-B.

    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/chepoez
    [link] [comments]

    Another Moca Question with Fios.

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 01:10 PM PST

    Hi All, thanks in advance. Some background, I have coax throughout the house, internet only Fios plan with the ONT in my attached garage using ethernet to my third party router. Have two actiontec moca bridges to feed network from the garage to a room in the house to hardware a few devices.

    Today I was in tinker mode and moved gear around. I moved the router behind the two moca bridges, so now from ONT its ethernet to a moca bridge to coax cabling to inside the house to another moca bridge to ethernet to my router. This all works fine. I thought maybe I could take this a step further and remove the first moca bridge from the ONT and just go straight coax from ONT to coax to inside the house to a moca bridge to the router. Called verizon and had them switch ONT to coax but was just not able to get this to work.

    Everything i've read on the interwebs, suggest my current setup of ONT - Moca bridge - moca bridge - router shouldn't even work. Everything states going ONT - ethernet to router - moca bridge - moca bridge - devices.

    Any insights to get this working from ONT with just one moca bridge or is it just not possible and just keep using ONT - moca bridge - moca bridge - router. I was attempting to just reuse a moca bridge to place an AP in a different room without having to purchase another moca bridge.

    Thanks in advance for the help!

    submitted by /u/reddit_robd
    [link] [comments]

    Two ISPs, one modem, one router.

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 01:07 PM PST

    Running into a bit of an issue in my apartment. I had a basic internet package (High Speed Link) provided by my apartment complex when I first moved in. I bought a surfboard modem, and a nighthawk router when I got an XFINITY connection when High Speed Link wasn't fast enough.

    Currently, both signals are competing in my router. When I go to speed test, sometimes it will tell me I'm connected through High Speed Link, and sometimes it will say it's XFINITY. I only have this issue on my pc, and on my laptop. On my pc, sometimes switching between wifi and ethernet will switch the connections, but it's random which one will work; sometimes wifi is the xfinity connection, sometimes ethernet is xfinity.

    How can I make sure only the xfinity network is getting through? I don't want to use my High Speed Link connection as it's 5 down 1 up. I tried calling netgear to ask them, and they were going to charge me $200 before they would help me because my router is a few months out of warranty.

    Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/unverify
    [link] [comments]

    Help me figure this out - MOCA?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 07:01 AM PST

    I live in a townhome. My ground floor is a garage + a business, both of which are encased in a concrete shell. My FIOS ONT is in the garage with an in-wall coax run going to the FIOS router on the living room floor. From there I go to pfSense, then the rest of my LAN. It looks like this:

    (FIOS) --- (ONT) --- (in-wall coax) --- (Actiontec WiFi router) --- (pfSense box) --- (LAN / Amplifi / etc)

    I'd like to upgrade my FIOS from 100/100 to gigabit, and I'd like to avoid buying / renting a new router from Verizon. Unfortunately, due to the concrete shell, running Ethernet cable from the ONT to my pfSense box (on the opposite side of the house from the ONT) isn't feasible.

    Would a MoCA bridge work here? It would basically look like:

    (FIOS) --- (ONT) --- (MoCA #1) --- (in-wall coax) --- (MoCA #2) --- (pfSense box) --- (LAN / Amplifi / etc)

    If that's viable, is there anything I need to be concerned about with MoCA? Longevity, brands, etc? Would I get full gigabit throughput?

    submitted by /u/CatOfTheDecade
    [link] [comments]

    Which of these two wiring configurations will give me the least trouble - extending

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 12:26 PM PST

    I am finalizing the placement of the two AP's (Archer C9 routers in AP mode) and I wanted to get some feedback on the validity of these wiring configurations as I am worried about throughput in the one and distance in the other.

    Option 1: Modem->router (Er-x)->35'ft Cat 6->netgear 108 switch->50'ft CAT 6 - AP 1 (same for AP2 (would be on separate ports). The 108 has the NAS, some other media devices and feeds a second switch in a bedroom. So it would have the basement traffic, the two AP's, and the bedroom traffic.

    Option 2: Modem ->router (er-x) -50ft' Cat 6 to AP 1 ->50ft' cat 6 to AP2 (Daisy Chained). I have an extra router port I can dedicate to this but will work only if I daisy chain. I suppose I could get another switch and connect both AP's to it separately and then to the Modem if you think that would be better.

    There are other options depending on where I place the AP's, (right now I'm leaning towards putting them in the basement ceiling) so I'd take any other feedback you have.

    submitted by /u/jgold47
    [link] [comments]

    Weird status report numbers on cable modem, what are the potential causes?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 11:04 AM PST

    Have had some choppy internet connection issues the past few days. This is what my cable modem status page looks like. What could be some of the reasons for these numbers? I get similar results when plugging in the modem to another coax jack, so I'm guessing there's some kind of issue with the cable line itself, maybe a connection issue to the box outside.

    https://imgur.com/a/c1vhaEX

    submitted by /u/crabbit
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel