• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, February 14, 2020

    Why does the Photos App make my Photos look worse, and why can't I turn it off? Windows Help

    Why does the Photos App make my Photos look worse, and why can't I turn it off? Windows Help


    Why does the Photos App make my Photos look worse, and why can't I turn it off?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 04:07 PM PST

    I could rant about how much pain this Photo App has caused me for Paragraphs but instead i just say this: I hate it. More than any other piece of Software ever.

    I have Windows 10 Ver. 1903 (Build 18362.657) If thats helping.

    Okay with that out of the way here is my Problem:
    Whenever i open a Picture in the Photo App, it opens it, takes a second to load, and then the Image is somehow modified and i have no way of going back to how it was before. In the options there is no button to turn off the auto enhance. I know, its just a casual Photos App and for editing i should and will use better software, but it would be nice to be able to preview the Photos when they actually look like they do.

    Here is a comparison of how the Photos looks in my browser (Lightroom share) on the left, and how it looks after Photo App has done its dark magic on it opn the right

    https://imgur.com/a/ULKXpzi

    This really drives me nuts, i cant comprehend what software designer thought this would be a great choice. I get that most people might like the auto enhance feature. But if Windows wants to start to cater to creatives like Apple does, they should maybe stop programming software that without asking changes the hue and sharpness of your photos.

    Is there any way to turn this off or can anyone recommend free photo software that doesnt take long to boot to preview my photos?

    submitted by /u/PiranhaPlantMain97
    [link] [comments]

    Spotimo, a UWP Spotify alternative, will be removed from the MS Store because of a "content infringement claim" from Spotify

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 08:37 AM PST

    Issues with cumulative updates, unable to find a working solution (err code 0x800f0988)

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 10:13 AM PST

    So I noticed this when trying to update last optional update (I was getting error code 0x800f0982). I've read that that specific update had many issues associated with it so I waited for the new update to roll out. On "patch Tuesday" I tried again with the new update (KB4532693) but with no success. Same error as before (0x800f0982). I uninstalled my native language so the only language left was English (United states). This seemed to resolve the 0x800f0982 error but I still am completely unable to update as now new error (0x800f0988) gets thrown. Both of these errors appear after update is already "100% installed" so something throws it off at the very end.

    Interestingly I also can't find any information about this error code and what it stands for. I know 0x800f0982 stands for missing component but no idea about the new one and this information seems to be lacking on Windows website.

    I've tried following some tutorials and restarting all sorts of services, running troubleshooters, etc. etc. but without success.

    One thing I did notice is that in my regedit Windows update seems to be missing (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Policies > Microsoft > Windows > WindowsUpdate (not there)).

    One of the things I could do would be repairing the whole Windows by getting a fresh Win iso but I would like to highly avoid that as I would then have to uninstall all the unwanted Windows programs again and it's just a mess overall.

    submitted by /u/Squid2g
    [link] [comments]

    Screen is frozen, "Working on updates, 95% complete"

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 02:47 AM PST

    Hello, everyone! Please help me out. My laptop is updating, but the circular dots beside the "95% complete" just stopped moving. So I'm not really sure if it's working on updates or not. It's been like this for hours. I've force-restarted it many times, but it would go back to updating again.

    I'm desperate. I'm currently working on an extremely important paper. Huhuhu. I would appreciate your help, friends!

    submitted by /u/ralphalonzo
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anything special to know for mounting ISO files as if you were reading from a CD?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 06:56 PM PST

    I used wincdemu to copy an ISO image from a cd, then I used it to mount that ISO file. The CD contained a program that is meant to autorun when you insert the CD in the drive. I can get the program to run from the mounted ISO file fine, but the problem is that when I try to load a certain file from the same ISO image using the program I run into problems.

    I thought that to the PC, mounting an ISO file is identical to running a CD from a CD rom drive. But apparently not. What am I missing? How would I troubleshoot this?

    submitted by /u/tinkletwit
    [link] [comments]

    Is the new Edge out in mediacreationtool images yet?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 11:56 AM PST

    Been thinking of swapping chrome with it, but kinda waiting until it's available via WU or at least mature enough that they have included it in their latest mediacreationtool images.

    But, If I decide to install it now, will it retrieve updates the same way as if I get it later via WU?

    submitted by /u/gaupedrap
    [link] [comments]

    [Fixed] earbud noise issue after Windows Update

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 06:46 AM PST

    Hi,

    I had an audio issue after Windows 10 forced me to update to 18362.657 on restart. My laptop is a Acer Aspire V15 Nitro VN7-571G with a realtek audio chipset. A very noticeable static background noise would be audible on my earbuds/headphones connected on the 3,5mm jack. The noise was gone on mute, but did not change along with the audio volume. Fiddling around with the mixer settings or installing the old driver didn't help (maybe I did it 'wrong'?).

    What helped was installing the Realtek HD audio driver from the realtek website. Normally you're not supposed to do that and use the laptop manufacturer's drivers instead.

    Thanks for wasting my time yet again Microsoft. I wish I could disable 'feature' updates and just get security updates..

    submitted by /u/MyWillyIsAWonka
    [link] [comments]

    Cant save where new content is saved error code 0x80070005

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 08:24 PM PST

    Windows 10 Add new calendar - holidays calendars is stuck loading

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 11:25 AM PST

    Please help!

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 08:06 PM PST

    I have been trying to turn on .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) and I get an error "0x80071A91" and I can't fix it tried for 3 hours. I need help so I can use IIS.

    submitted by /u/Nepgear28
    [link] [comments]

    Windows keeps creating a temporary paging file

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 02:50 PM PST

    I enabled bitlocker in one of my drives, and that drive had a paging file, so whenever I boot my PC I get this error. I tried unlocking the drive, disabling page file on that drive, rebooting the PC and deleting the pagefile.sys on that drive, and I still get the same error. Apparently Windows still thinks I have a page file on that drive, but I don't... any ideas on how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/machinematrix
    [link] [comments]

    Locale emulator not working

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 05:55 PM PST

    It's not working and I've tried every solution I could find on the web. No idea what the problem is. Latest version on Windows 10. Antivirus software disabled.

    submitted by /u/gohsuto
    [link] [comments]

    Random Video Stuttering Problems?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 08:38 AM PST

    Networking issue with Windows 10

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 06:12 AM PST

    Recently set up a new W10 desktop computer. I now have two W10 laptops and the desktop. The two laptops can see each other, the desktop can see the two laptops, but the laptops can't see the desktop. I've tried all the usual things. Oddly, perhaps, my Android devices can see a couple of folders on the desktop (but not all the shared ones). Any ideas greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/jodido47
    [link] [comments]

    notepad opens up with window in a bad place

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 04:07 PM PST

    how to change default window position when opening this program

    submitted by /u/ohgawdwhyme456
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 update not transferable?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 05:49 AM PST

    So i bought a new computer and wanted to transfer my windows 10 license to the new system.

    I connected my win 10 with a microsoft account. Still, after a fresh installation i couldnt activate windows with my microsoft account.

    The guy at the windows hotline just told me, that i can not transfer my license, because i upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 for free. I had a retail version of windows 7 and i thought, that the license was still able to transfer.

    The only problem i see is, that i dont have the product key from my old win 7. But the guy didnt even ask for it, just told me its not transferable in general.

    Can you guys tell me if the information the microsoft employee gave me is correct? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Leinads25
    [link] [comments]

    I am unable to roll back windows updates there were installed yesterday.

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 09:30 AM PST

    So ever since my computer updated yesterday, it has been running horribly slow. I have tried the option in the update settings but it says "This option is no longer available as your PC was updated more than 10 days ago" However my PC updated last night.

    The update installed the following.

    2020-02 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems(KB4537759)

    2020-02 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64(KB4534132)

    2020-02 Cumulative Update for windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems(KB4532693)

    Is there any way to roll these back or do something as my computer was running fine yesterday and when it updated last night it did something that caused it to run extremely slow and beyond those updates nothing has been changed, I ran virus scans and stuff nothing.

    I need this computer for my job and unfortunately where I work doesn't have its own tech support beyond using google. So anyone know how to fix this or undo it?

    submitted by /u/CriticalCobbler
    [link] [comments]

    I need your help

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 11:40 AM PST

    Some how Microsoft managed to release an update that brought my laptop from a stable 60fps to 3.7 fps (in factorio). How they managed to un optimise their os like this in one update is beyond my understanding. Also, somehow my CPU is sitting at 50 percent usage while idle while previously it sat at a nice 3-10. Can I reverse this update somehow? Do you know a fix?

    submitted by /u/kuba128128
    [link] [comments]

    Were you always able to choose your default browser on Windows?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 10:58 AM PST

    I was wondering if this was always an option or we might see some changes now that IE and edge isn't so popular anymore.

    submitted by /u/meykeymoose
    [link] [comments]

    Tips and tricks to extend the longevity of me using Windows 7

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 04:54 AM PST

    I have this very old printer that I yet not wish to part ways with yet it can only be supported up to Windows 8. CANON says that it cannot guarantee whether or not Win10 can actually use the Win8 driver of my MP510, so I wish not to risk it just yet.

    Obviously, the lack of Windows 7 support means that as the months go by computers running Win7 will be more susceptible to others taking advantage of its exploits and security weaknesses. I was wondering, however, if there are ways to still secure your PC despite it running Windows 7. Could I invest some extra cash in a series of security software? If so, which ones would you recommend?

    submitted by /u/ScarletDragoon6
    [link] [comments]

    Grub Removed Windows No longer Boots

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 06:46 AM PST

    So I had an Ubuntu 18 install along side my Windows 10 install with bitlocker enabled and I decided to get rid of Ubuntu. I followed a guide that seemed to be well received and now I'm left with just a Windows partition that is not bootable.

    Is there any way to recover this?

    submitted by /u/DorfOnInternet
    [link] [comments]

    Windows bug i need help LOL

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 09:39 AM PST

    hi i have a problem where when i use the search function, nothing seems to be appearing now. It was working perfectly fine and it stopped working all of a sudden. Does anyone know how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/potateon
    [link] [comments]

    Windows stuck at log in screen

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 08:55 AM PST

    Recently installed fresh Windows 7. I installed updates and restarted computer to apply changes, then i connected my usb mouse to this laptop and after restart, touchpad and keyboard is not working but this mouse is working and i can interact with everything with it. What can i do

    submitted by /u/rcheul4
    [link] [comments]

    Monitor driver problem on fresh install of windows 10

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 08:38 AM PST

    Basically, I reinstalled windows 10 and now everything on my monitor is zoomed in. It was perfect before reinstall but now what do I do?
    My monitor is Asrock G31M-VS2 and my monitor is Dell E1914H.
    Images: Device manager

    submitted by /u/suck_me_plz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel