• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, August 5, 2019

    Xiaomi MIUI 11 phone list

    Xiaomi MIUI 11 phone list


    MIUI 11 phone list

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 12:20 PM PDT

    Smartphones that will be the first to receive the update MIUI 11 Beta (Source):

    • Mi 9; Mi 9 Explorer (TE); Mi 9 SE; Mi MIX 3; Redmi K20; Redmi K20 Pro; Xiaomi Mi CC9; + Redmi Note 8.

    The second batch (16 phones Xiaomi):

    • Xiaomi Mi CC9e, Mi 8, Mi 8 Explorer, Mi 8 Screen Fingerprint Edition ( Mi 8 Pro ), Mi 8 SE , Mi 8 Youth Edition ( Mi 8 Lite ), Mi Mix 2s, Mi Max 3, Mi Note 3, Mi 6, Mi Play, Mi 6X, Redmi Note 7 , Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi 7, Redmi Note 5.

    Third party:

    • Mi Mix 2, Mi MIX, Mi Max 2, Redmi 5 Plus, Redmi Note 5A, Redmi 6 Pro , Redmi S2, Mi 5X, Mi 5C, Mi 5s Plus.
    submitted by /u/ObiMikenobe
    [link] [comments]

    A comprehensive Mi 9T review for your average user!

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 10:29 AM PDT

    First, a little bit of a background.

    I'm a user who comes from a few years of using flagship phones, mostly getting last years flagships for the price of new midrange phones. My last phone, before switching to Mi 9T was a Galaxy Note 8. So fair to say I've gotten used to the flagship look and feel of the modern phones. Also, I'm somewhat of a power user. I don't do any sorts of gaming on my phone, but other than that, smartphones for me are basically a substitution for a laptop most of the times. I use my phone for about 3-4 hours a day, sometimes even more than that. Working with sheets, checking social media, doing slides, taking photos (a lot of photos), watching movies… that's what I'm mostly using the Mi 9T (or any phone) for.

    All of this above is just so you can get to known how much and for what I use my phones and to see if this phone fits for you too.

    My phone: Mi 9T Glacier Blue – 6/128GB

    I'll split this "review" in a few categories.

    1. Build quality
    2. Screen
    3. UI/UX
    4. Camera(s)
    5. Battery
    6. Wow factor

    1. Build quality

    As you all know, this phone is made form glass and aluminium. It does give the phone the premium look and feel, but compare it to the higher and flaghsip and it just doesn't quite match them. I'd say it's 90% up there but coming from the Galaxy Note series it does lack that certain refinement that the Note has. But it's fine, this phone isn't there to completely beat the latest flagships and for the price it's as close as you can get to having that flagship feel.

    The back glass is stunning, I've gone with the glacier blue variant and the effect that it has when you point it at the sun, the blue shining over the back panel, it looks beautiful. It is, however, a fingerprint magnet, but I'm a guy who always uses a case on my phones, so fingerprints don't bother me at all. I'll admire the shiny blue back panel from time to time and show it of to my friends, but it's mostly covered for safety, because as JerryRig says "glass is glass and it will break".

    Aluminum frame feels solid but it's also one of the things where you can feel the lackness of the premium feel as the transitions from the aluminum to the glass isn't that seamless as it is on my Note 8. It's not a big deal as I mentioned before.

    Popup camera feels as solid as it gets, the motor is maybe a bit on a slow side, but it's not like I'm in a hurry that I need to take a selfie in 0.1 seconds. The fall detection works pretty well so you don't have to worry about breaking the camera if you drop the phone while taking a selfie. I wouldn't suggest using the popup camera for unlocking of the device, it's too slow for that and it messes with the longevity of the motor unnecessary.

    In-display fingerprint sensor is also a bit slower than a regular sensor, but it's only noticeable if you really try for it to be. I find it a bit more forgiving (as in it unlocks my phone even with my finger a bit off or at a weir angle) than some of the fingerprint sensors I've used before.

    2. Screen

    Oh, the screen, all the screen, the beautiful AMOLED screen. I've been thinking of getting either this or the Mi 9, but not having a notch is where I made my decision and boy was that decision right. Once you see the completely bezelless screen in front of you, it's hard not to wonder what's the next step in smartphone industry. I keep the brightness and contrast on auto most of the time and it works pretty good. There's a few times that it can go a bit too dim or too bright for a second or two, but I'll probably start using it on manual brightness anyways, so it's not a big deal for me. As for the brightness and contrast it's plenty bright in plain daylight, the screen and everything on it is readable and it's, probably, a bit brighter than my Galaxy Note 8 was. Full HD, well this ratio of 1080p resolution is more than enough and I kept all my previous phones that had the ability to change the resolution at 1080p. If you must have 2K resolution, then this won't be the phone for you, but you may give it a try, because this is a pretty sharp display with solid vibrant colors and I don't think that not having 2K resolution will mean a lot for me in the future. Also, enable the full screen in the settings menu and use gestures, it takes advantage of the screen and is, IMHO, the right way to use the phone. I'll talk about gestures more in the UI/UX part.

    3. UI/UX

    I have a global MIUI version of the phone and coming from Samsung's own One UI, there's a few things to get used to. Gestures aren't the same, but I prefer the MIUI gestures over the One UI ones. The swipe from either side of the screen to go back is great and other gestures mimic the ones we see on iPhones, so swipe up for home and hold up for recent apps. Recent apps menu is well organised an it's also one of the things I prefer over my last phone. I don't like the drawer of this phone. Period. I'm a long time Nova Launcher user, but if you don't use any kind of launcher, I don't know if you will get used to the look and feel of the stock launcher. I'm just not a fan of it and that's my personal biased opinion. Some of you may like it over other launchers, but I prefer myself a bit more stock like experience and that's where Nova comes in and fixes this problem for me. Considering that, it's not a big minus, but I would recommend using a launcher with this phone. Settings menu is good, but the search function needs some getting used to because Xiaomi has a different way of naming some functions than other manufacturers do. That also may be a personal opinion and preference on my side, but Samsung's settings search worked way better for me. Other than that, it's easy to navigate and get to the right settings using the menu itself, it is an Android phone after all so it's not much different than any other, except the MIUI skin on it.
    Notifications are a bit tricky, at first the notification shade wouldn't expand, so I had to enable that by long pressing the notification and ticking the option. There's still a few times I find the notifications a bit annoying when I try to pull them down, but it may be just a thing of getting used to it. Notification LED is on top of the phone so that also needs a bit of getting used to, but it works and at least Xioami put one there. All things considered, MIUI10 is best that Xiaomi has ever had to offer, it's blazing fast without any hitches, it has great practicality and if you take the time to set it up along your needs it will treat you well. It does take a bit to setup and get used to, at least for me it did.

    4. Camera(s)

    Were do we start here? There's 4. Selfie, main, telephoto and wide. I've talked about the selfie camera a bit before, but I'll do it again. It's a solid camera that get's the job done. The popup aspect is fun and it gave space for a better camera to be put there than a notch (just my logic). I'll say this now and it will be applied to all of the cameras. Stock experience is good but GCam mods is what makes this phone excel and that's pretty much it for the selfie cam too. It takes great photos when there's enough light, a bit worse ones in the dark, but personally I find it way better than my Note 8 was and way better than some flagships are now.

    Main cam captures everything great. If you use the 48MP mode it will have all the detail you need. I mostly use just the regular mode and it handles photography very well. It does get a bit soft in dark, but the night mode fixes that (if you have enough patience to hold your phone still for a few seconds to get that sweet photo).

    Wide camera is what I missed the most (I used to own the LG V20). Fun to use, easy to get great photos and new perspectives out of and the distortion correction works nice. It's lacking the megapixels that the main cam has but it's one of the most fun mobile photography experiences you can have. I may be biased on this, again, but it's becoming my main camera for a lot of shots.

    Telephoto is not something I've used much and not something that I'll use in the future. It's there but IMO you won't use or need it that much, unless you're using the portrait mode, of course.

    Again, pair the camera with a GCam mod and it will shoot gorgeous photos, but if you decide agains that, it takes solid photos without it too!

    P.S. I didn't do much of a video testing so I'll update the post with that later on if anyone is interested.

    5. Battery

    I had to put this in a separate category because the battery blows me away. There isn't a day that I don't go to bed with at least 30% still on, and most of the days it's closer to 40 or 50%. I charge the phone once a day for half an hour and it's enough for the whole day. 4000MAh really shines combined with dark mode MIUI and the AMOLED display. If this is something you worry about, then don't, the battery life is AMAZING!

    6. Wow factor

    I've put this in a special category because there wasn't a single person who saw this phone in my hands and didn't go "wow" and that is before I show them the popup camera or the in-display fingerprint sensor. It truly feels like a phone from the future and the wow factor is definitely something to consider nowdays and I'm telling you, this phone has it!

    tl;dr: Xiaomi Mi 9T gave me everything I expected from the phone and more. It's plenty of fast for everyday tasks and as I said, I don't game that much, but it seems to handle games just fine for what I've tried. Screen is beautiful and bezelless design feels like the future is now. The cameras are good and there's one for almost every situation you find yourself shooting in. Wow factor is there and build quality is on pair with a lot of more expensive phones out there. This phone is good at all the things a regular or even a bit heavier user like me will put it on.

    I'd give it an 8/10 rating. Of course it's not on par with the likes of the S10 or the P30 pro, but it comes just at the fraction of the cost of those. It's not perfect, it has things that need getting used to, but once you get to know and love it, it's a lot of a phone for a not a lot of a price!

    Also, it's my first review of this kind so be gentle on me, and if you have any questions I'll try to answer them as quick as I can!

    submitted by /u/mrFHawk
    [link] [comments]

    Custom ROMs for Mi 9T?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 07:44 PM PDT

    Are there any custom ROMs available for the Mi 9T?

    submitted by /u/realni_
    [link] [comments]

    Mi 8 Lite worth it for 189€?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 04:22 AM PDT

    The Mi 8 Lite 4+64GB version is 269€ right now. The same model will be 189€ in two days in Spain. I have a fully-functioning Mi 5 which I had only planned on replacing when it dies, and probably get the Mi 9T or a similarly priced one. Should I consider the Mi 8 Lite for that price? Thanks

    PS: My mi 5 is about to turn 3 years old this month, never dropped it or damaged it. Should I expect it to last longer after turning 3? I'd love to keep it as long as possible.

    Edit: thank you all for your input! I'll follow your advice and start saving for the mi9T, as it is a noticeably better upgrade. I'll keep enjoying my mi 5 until it kicks the bucket.

    submitted by /u/hoshinoumi
    [link] [comments]

    Xiaomi patents a solar-powered phone

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 10:10 AM PDT

    Mi 9T Cell Standby Battery Drain

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 09:37 PM PDT

    Some info: I just got this phone a few days ago and have all the latest updates installed. Not rooted and no custom rom or anything like that. I have the global version and I live in Thailand. I use one sim. I've gone through Settings and used most of the basic battery-saving tips.

    The battery seemed to be draining very quickly so I checked the power usage. Cell Standby was using up over twice the power being used by the Screen. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

    submitted by /u/1tlubanajnak
    [link] [comments]

    How to manage RAM in Redimi Note 7 pro.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 08:49 PM PDT

    Earlier it used to show 3.9 GB free and usually used to go below 3GB. Last night it hit 1.7 GB free. I cleared all the Cache yet not showing earlier results. Any help?

    submitted by /u/Lowcrbnaman
    [link] [comments]

    xiaomi scooter m365 US version can be modded to go faster?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 04:59 PM PDT

    Hello, is the US version of this able to mod to get faster speeds? The model is 16349/xxxxxxxx (2 fuses)

    I normally bought this to commute to work. I do not take main roads but empty streets and I would like some more speed for all the inclines.. My commute to work is under 3 miles so the shortage on battery is fine with me .. I normally charge it everyday when I get home.

    Is there a good tutorial to mod it?

    submitted by /u/nyczalex
    [link] [comments]

    [QUESTION] Jack 3.5 volume on Redmi Note 7

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 08:38 PM PDT

    Hey guys, since I'm such a huge music lover, lately I've been noticing more and more a bug on my Redmi Note 7. Sometimes I plug my headphones and play music, I feel like the volume is kinda low on max, so then, as usual, I restart my phone and notice a HUGE change on volume, being much louder than before. I've read some people recommend changing regions to anything but EU, but I only notice this sometimes, once I reboot the phone everything goes back to normal (until it happens again).

    submitted by /u/transfxrmation
    [link] [comments]

    I have a xiaomi mi play, and my screen turns on everytime I move my phone. How can I disable it?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 04:37 PM PDT

    Thanks to everyone in advance. I tried everything and searched everywhere but couldn't find anything.

    submitted by /u/imadamastor
    [link] [comments]

    A2 lite can't enter pin to start

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 08:07 PM PDT

    Installed the latest July security update and when rebooting the phone asks for the pin to boot Android. I know the pin but can't enter it because the screen is not responsive at all.

    Pressing power button I get the restart ior turn off options on screen but neither of those work either. Seems like the touch input is not working.

    What can I do?

    submitted by /u/woohoo-77
    [link] [comments]

    root for mi9t?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 12:11 PM PDT

    hello,

    i've a global version, is there a guide and root for my phone

    submitted by /u/stayfi
    [link] [comments]

    Mi 9T Screen Protector do I need it?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 12:13 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I have a question about screen protectors for the mi 9t. Has anyone found a good tempered glass one that doesn't have a halo around the edge? I have tried 3 different ones so far but all of them have serious problems either adhesive problems or halo effects and all those 3 were the 3 top results on Amazon.

    Can anyone suggest me one that doesn't have these problems? Is a screen protector needed anyway?

    Edit: Also I noticed that the in display fingerprint reader is struggling with a tempered glass protector. Is anyone using a foil and has a link to one?

    submitted by /u/kartoffel_32
    [link] [comments]

    Mi 9t Battery life on LTE/4G

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 06:02 PM PDT

    Hey all. I posted here a couple.of days ago about the Mi 9T. I have a S10e, is a good phone but the battery life is horrible, specially on LTE. Right now, I leave my.house at 9am with 100% and.return at 6pm with 40% to 50%, with 1h30 of SOT, wich is laim. I have a Mi Band 4, so bluetooh is on all day, so is LTE. My routine will change since my classes will return, and I will be home by 11pm. Bottom line, I.would be.using LTE all day and my battery for sure will.not last, with me getting about 2h30 to 3h.of SOT per day. I saw some reviews that the Mi 9t reached almost 12h of SOT, and some reviews here where.it gets 8, 9. How long does.your Mi 9t's lasts.on LTE only? How.long.it will? It sucks for me.now to barely use my phone and yet have to walk around with a charger. Can you guys clear that for me? Thaaaaanks

    submitted by /u/GuuiilhermeLM
    [link] [comments]

    Xiaomi Mi 9 camera vibrates?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 05:11 PM PDT

    I'm a proud owner of a Mi 9, but every time I open the camera app or something that uses the camera the camera starts to vibrate. Can I do anything about this? What causes this issue?

    submitted by /u/epl97
    [link] [comments]

    Will there actually be a mi9t pro or k20 pro for UK/EU? Or am I going to have to import?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 07:20 AM PDT

    Hi as the topic title says...

    The issue with importing is the missing B20 4g. I live out in the countryside so B20 is important.

    So what are my options? Will they release the phone this end of the world. Or keep it in Asia? Will it be a comparable price? Or will we be ripped off because everyone knows westerners are rich and everything and we have money literally overflowing out of our banks!

    Or is there a version already out that I can import with fully compatible bands?

    Or is the rumours I hear about "hacked" global roms will be getting disabled after a while, true?

    Anyone know?

    submitted by /u/Mangy_DogUK
    [link] [comments]

    Xiaomi Redmi S2 Global Stable Android 9.0 Pie update released

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 07:02 AM PDT

    Google camera for mi 8 lite

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 04:10 PM PDT

    Is there a google camera version available for mi 8 lite?

    submitted by /u/Edward_950
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on a phone purchase

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 11:47 AM PDT

    My redmi note 4x is slowly giving up on me, so I thought it's time for a new purchase.

    My priorities on the phone are battery, performance and reliability (as few bugs as possible), while I don't really mind things like display and camera. My budget is around 250 pounds.

    I gave the pocophone a try back in December, but I had screen related problems (screen latency) and had to return it.

    Could someone suggest a xiaomi phone based on the above? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/8anos1925
    [link] [comments]

    IMPRESSIVE battery life on Mi 9 SE (7h of SoT!!)

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 11:24 AM PDT

    RoboRock S5 won’t connect to wifi

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 03:05 PM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I have this weird issue with my RoboRock S5.

    It won't connect to any device I use during its configuration.

    I try to connect to its WiFi signal with both android and iDevices, however the devices always state "Connection unsuccessful", and I'm stuck with an unconfigured RoboRock.

    I've done a factory reset and a wifi reset to no avail.

    It's done this before, but I believe I fixed it in the past by connecting it to an old iPad running outdated iOS laying around the house, but this is no longer working.

    I updated the firmware of the RoboRock to the newest version to enable zones and map saving, and it immediately broke the WiFi configuration, and is doing this.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/htmlnoob52
    [link] [comments]

    Best working TWRP for MI 9?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 02:36 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,I'm trying to install TWRP and root my Mi 9 using magisk,the thing is that I can't seem to install TWRP properly,I've tried flashing the mauronofrio TWRP builds that are on xda for the MI 9 and every single time it fails to boot into recovery and not only that,it also screws up my phone and I have to install the ROM again using fastboot.

    I just want a way to install TWRP,can anyone please provide me with a good working TWRP or tell me how I can make the mauronofrio builds to work?

    submitted by /u/Rider1221
    [link] [comments]

    Hi, I have redmi 7 note. How in the do not disturb mode turn on the SMS sound from favorites? in redmi 4pro it worked and now doesn't.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 01:57 PM PDT

    ELI5: how do A/B slot SOCs work and what's the purpose of that architecture? (Mi A2 jasmine for example)

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 01:57 PM PDT

    Is it a good moment to buy a phone? (Mi 9T)

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 01:48 PM PDT

    I'm a happy user of old good Oneplus 3 and I was thinking about getting a new budget phone with a good selfie camera, 3.5 mm jack and no notch. After a bit of research Mi 9T looks like the best choice to me. But I'm in no rush as my 1+3 still works pretty well and I can wait a few months. Hence 2 questions:

    • Do you think 9T price will drop after 9T Pro release in the West?

    • Are there any better budget phones going to be released in the near future?

    submitted by /u/_Mido
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel