• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, August 5, 2019

    Is there a way to reduce "system data" on my phone? It's taking up 7.41GB of my 16GB storage. Android Help

    Is there a way to reduce "system data" on my phone? It's taking up 7.41GB of my 16GB storage. Android Help


    Is there a way to reduce "system data" on my phone? It's taking up 7.41GB of my 16GB storage.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 06:47 PM PDT

    Relevant data: LG X Charge phone on Boost Mobile network, Android 7.1.1. Phone is not rooted. If there's any other info needed I'll be happy to provide.

    submitted by /u/NemoracStrebor
    [link] [comments]

    Apps are getting stuck at 99% when installing/updating Oneplus 5

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 06:55 PM PDT

    I have been having this issue for a little over a week I'm not sure if it stared after happening after an update or not. The app wont always get stuck at 99% but the vast majority of the time it will, it might get stuck earlier but it will never finish installing. I was on version 9.0.7 but have upgraded to the beta version to see if that fixed the issue. I don't have apkpure installed.

    I have tried everything I could find online I have tried

    • clearing cache & data for playstore
    • clearing cache & data for download manager
    • force closing,disabling and enabling them
    • wifi/3g
    • performed a clean install of android
    • disabling play music & movies
    • Created a new gmail account
    • upgraded to the beta version of oxygenos Open Beta 35

    the only thing I haven't tried is downgrading my phone. Any help would be appreciated. If you need any more information please ask.

    submitted by /u/burbur44
    [link] [comments]

    Phone only has signal for a couple seconds after power on

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 06:57 PM PDT

    When I turn on my phone (Galaxy J3 Prime) it has the correct amount of signal for about 30 seconds, then nothing. No amount of restarting has helped. I'm at my wits end trying to fix this. Help! I'm on metro pcs if that helps. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/gstewa372
    [link] [comments]

    Question on rooting the phone for file recovery

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 06:50 PM PDT

    So I have an unrooted phone (Pocophone F1) where I had mistakenly deleted some files (photos and video). I've searched apps that can help recover them, but only so much, and rooting is required to recover more. I've learned that to root my phone, I need to unlock it which erases all my data. Would this negatively affect my recovery, or will the files be still there? I've backed up my files that I currently have, but I'm wary it would be in vain if the deleted files I'm looking for would just be overwritten during the factory reset. Any thoughts on this? Appreciate your help!

    submitted by /u/j-_
    [link] [comments]

    Where do Google play music files go?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 09:00 PM PDT

    I downloaded my first couple albums from the Google play store, but i don't use my phone as a music device. I'm still holding onto my 128gig iPod, so I'd like to put the files from my pixel 3xl and sync then up on my iPod. I can't for the life of me find them, though.

    submitted by /u/Slowmyke
    [link] [comments]

    Auto enable dark theme in apps based on time oif day?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 08:12 PM PDT

    I have few apps which have dark modes that I'd like to somehow make their dark mode automatically turn on after 9pm and turn off at 6am, anyway to do this ?

    Apps are keep notes, gboard, Ticktick

    submitted by /u/computerstuffs
    [link] [comments]

    What does this symbol on my notification bar mean?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 11:08 PM PDT

    Google Maps voice navigation only works over BT in my car while music is streaming

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 07:12 AM PDT

    This has been a problem for months if not the past year... I can't find an answer either... I'm hoping someone here either has an answer or at least can point me to a support/bug forum/thread discussing this.

    I have an Essential PH-1 on Android 9, currently with the July security update.

    When I use Google Maps in my car over bluetooth, the voice directions don't work (completely silent). In fact, all of Google Assistant is silent - text messages, when I ask for a command, etc. However, if I stream music, the problem miraculously fixes itself - at least with Google Maps navigation. Assistant still doesn't work.

    Interestingly, I have tested all of this on my bluetooth headphones and it works fine there. Assistant, maps navigation, etc. I'm not sure if the bluetooth codec is what's causing the problem or not and whether or not this would be a Google bug to fix or an Essential bug to fix. But my headphones (everything works) uses APT-X for bluetooth audio. My car (doesn't work) uses SBC.

    I had reported this, along with the difference in codecs to Essential support months ago but there's still no resolution. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/graesen
    [link] [comments]

    A newbie's question about a little source code and operating system

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 10:31 PM PDT

    Just started learning about Android and don't even know if this is the correct place to ask this question. Hope someone can point me towards correct direction.

    So here's the question. I've read that Android is an open source os. Now if I want to analyze how a simple application interacts with operating system, which part of the code I should focus while reading it and trying to understand? My goal here is to analyze the amount and type of data shared between the os and the app.

    Is this even possible with an intermediate level of understanding in the concepts of data structures, algorithms, operating system, etc. subjects?

    Kindly point me in correct direction if this isn't the sub to ask this question. Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/MiserableOracle
    [link] [comments]

    Does google do anything to protect information in lost or inactive accounts?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 02:47 PM PDT

    I know they have a lot of features in place that you can set up now, but what about lost or inactive accounts from years ago?

    does google automatically delete information on those accounts after a certain amount of time?

    or will someone have access to all of my emails, photos, and web activity if my account that hasnt been used in years gets hacked?

    submitted by /u/frostmas
    [link] [comments]

    Notifications for my Galaxy S7 are making sound but turning on my screen. The only app that lights up the screen in snapchat.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 09:18 PM PDT

    I'm really not sure how to fix this. Like I said, Snapchat is the only thing that works as it is supposed to. I'm aware of the no sound issue - will that fix work?

    submitted by /u/oss_spy
    [link] [comments]

    Make navigation bar transparent

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 09:13 PM PDT

    I've used number of apps like Navbar Apps, Navigation Bar, Custom Navigation Bar, etc but didn't get a satisfactory result. Even setting the opacity to 0 or setting the background image as a transparent photo makes the navbar black. Immersive mode makes navbar hover but for some time.

    I also know some Xposed module but I'm not willing to root my phone.

    Is there any adb command that can sort this issue out?

    I'm on Android 9.0 on Asus Max Pro M1

    submitted by /u/PratikPingale
    [link] [comments]

    Standalonekeepalive$

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 08:51 PM PDT

    Standalonekeepalive$ under developers mode > running processes > this service is running ... Please what is this??? I go into airplane mode and this turns on (continuing to send a tracking signal)! Help. Is it a virus? I think my phone is honestly hacked. I also have a screenshot. I have a galaxy S10+ THANKS

    submitted by /u/daboy1888
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to link an Android GBA emulator up with a real GBA?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 02:35 PM PDT

    myboy says it has link cable emulation and can do that between saves and stuff and there are link cables that connect to USB so I could in theory plug it into my phone. Is there any possible way to trade/battle between and Android emulator and a real Gamboy?

    submitted by /u/Imthetrashman1
    [link] [comments]

    What screen recorder should I use on my phone?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 08:24 PM PDT

    I wanna know what screen recorder I should use.Preferably one without a time limit.

    submitted by /u/Randi9154
    [link] [comments]

    Question about notification channels

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 02:56 PM PDT

    Does turning off a notification channel impact the app in any way, or does it only hide that notification?

    Example, if I turn off the persistent notice about IFTTT location or my antivirus persistent notice, will those apps still work normally? Or will it stop the service responsible for that notification?

    submitted by /u/CmdrKeene
    [link] [comments]

    Moto G7 power reboots randomly

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 08:22 AM PDT

    It might be an app causing it, but how can I track apps without deleting everything and installing them one by one. Is there a software to test memory and other things to detect the malfunction? I tried safe mode but have not been able to let it run on SM for long to properly test it. I turned off Moto features and it seems to reduce the number of reboots but did not stop it. Cheers

    submitted by /u/spirit32
    [link] [comments]

    How can I keep Snapchat from waking the screen when I receive a notification from it?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 10:04 AM PDT

    On my Pixel 3 XL running Android 9, I can't get Snapchat to not wake the screen when I receive a notification from it. "New notifications" is turned OFF under Settings > Display > Ambient Display, and none of my other apps wake the screen.

    submitted by /u/undermydeathbed
    [link] [comments]

    Xiaomi Redmi 4x - front camera

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 10:02 AM PDT

    I've noticed that my front camera in redmi 4x applies some blur effect when doing pictures but while recording a video with front camera is extra sharp. Any ideas how to solve this problem (make my front camera do sharp pictures)? Changing resolution settings doesn't help :C

    submitted by /u/AngeloDante
    [link] [comments]

    I recently bought a new phone because my old one broke, is ot safe to use my old SD card?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 01:41 PM PDT

    So my old phone was experiencing multiple glitches the main one being my SIM card not being recognized and the IMEI saying unknown. I don't think I had a virus but I had to buy a new phone, is it safe to put my SD card into my new phone to access my pictures or could that mess up my new phone too? Any help is so appreciated! _^

    submitted by /u/LordDavid_AQ3D
    [link] [comments]

    Downloaded music library not appearing in third party music apps

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 12:29 PM PDT

    I currently use a Google Pixel 3a XL. I also use the Google Play Music app to play the songs that I have purchased and downloaded to my phone. Out of curiosity, I wanted to try third party music apps (Music Player and Shuttle Music Player) to play my downloaded songs. I gave both apps permission to access my music files. However, neither app shows any songs from my downloaded library. Would anyone have any suggestions on how I can get my downloaded songs to show up in these third party apps? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/TooBusyRedditing
    [link] [comments]

    Moto G4 still won't take or save photos after a factory reset. It worked for 3 days after a factory reset with the memory card removed, but now is back to the same problem. What can we do to fix this?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 08:20 AM PDT

    I recently posted something similar, but there have been developments, and so I thought it was worth asking about again.

    My wife has a Moto G4. The other day, when she tried to take a picture with the camera app, a message would pop up that read "Your internal storage is running out of space. Delete some images or other files." So I cleared her cache, which freed up a lot of space, like 8-10 gigs or thereabouts. That did nothing. So the other day, my wife did a factory reset, as after I did some reading online, that seemed to be one of the most common solutions. Still nothing.

    So then, per a helpful person's suggestion here, I did a factory reset again, but took out the memory card first. And bam! That worked! For about three days. Now it's having the same issue. It won't take screenshots or save photos from the Internet or ones she is sent either.

    The new piece of information is that she can for some reason take photos and videos within a Facebook Messenger conversation.

    What else could we do? I feel like this must have a simple solution that I'm just not aware of.

    Thanks in advance for any and all help!

    submitted by /u/undrhyl
    [link] [comments]

    "No SD Card Found" on Moto G4. Please help me solve this.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 12:05 PM PDT

    I'm trying to solve some other problems with this phone, but now I'm encountering "No SD card found" when trying to take photos, despite their being an SD card. We downloaded a different camera app as a workaround to another issue, now we are getting this.

    Turning the phone on and off only solved it or a couple pictures worth of time before getting the same error.

    Any and all help would be much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/undrhyl
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best way to root my phone?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 11:50 AM PDT

    I have a Samsung galaxy s7 with android 8.0. I have tried kingo root and Dr fone but they didn't work. Also I would like to root without losing data.

    submitted by /u/CazoHuze
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel