• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, August 10, 2019

    Xiaomi Mi 9T Users: Do you use a screen protector? If so which one?

    Xiaomi Mi 9T Users: Do you use a screen protector? If so which one?


    Mi 9T Users: Do you use a screen protector? If so which one?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 05:04 PM PDT

    Xiaomi M1904F3BG (CC9) gets certified in Russia, may launch soon as the Mi A3 Pro

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 03:16 PM PDT

    Yesterday, Russia's EEC certified a phone with the model number M1904F3BG. The model number is a variant of that of the Xiaomi CC9 (M1904F3BT/M1904F3BC).

    The Mi A3 Lite is actually a rebranded version of the Xiaomi CC9e sold in China, and since the device certified by the EEC is actually the Xiaomi CC9, there is a high probability it will arrive as the Mi A3 Pro in Europe.

    Based on its specs, the Xiaomi CC9 fits well as the Mi A3 Pro. It has better specs than the Mi A2 series and will definitely sell for a much higher price.

    We don't know how soon it will launch but there is a chance it will be announced before the end of August.

    submitted by /u/Whatever_acc
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a budget Android phone

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 11:50 AM PDT

    I've always had premium phones like the Pixel and Google Nexus series phones. The battery on my Pixel 1 is going to shit now though and I'm looking for a budget phone in the $150-$250 range that will run on ATT in the US.

    The Xiaomi phones are really catching my eye, but I've never had a budget, especially Chinese, phone and the MIUI and advertising through the phone have me a little weary. I'd much rather have stock Android or a good quality jailbreak or ROM.

    I don't really game on my phone, just browse Reddit, take pictures here and there and use email.

    With all of that in mind, would you guys recommend I get one? If so, which one would you guys recommend?

    submitted by /u/lifeisruf
    [link] [comments]

    How can I get the charging animation on my mi 9 se

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 05:39 PM PDT

    My mi 9 se won't say if it's charging fast or slow like my Poco it is so annoying but I saw online that they released the charging animation and I have no idea how to turn it on

    submitted by /u/Palirocks
    [link] [comments]

    Xiaomi notebook pro deformed

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 04:51 PM PDT

    I bought my Xiaomi Notebook Pro 15inch laptop from AliExpress 5 months ago. All was perfect and running. However, I started to experience some issues with this laptop. It started to do some "click" sounds when I closed and opened the laptop but just when the laptop was charging ( when it's charging it gets really hot ). Today I noticed that the screen is not aligned correctly with the base of the laptop, also the back corner (side where laptop charges) is a bit deformed. The laptop was always stored in a secure place, so I think the issue is in the laptop manufacturing.

    Please any advice or suggestions are appreciated, what should I do now?

    submitted by /u/kortxmans
    [link] [comments]

    XIAOMI - with the latest QualPwn we really need to talk about security and updates!

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 03:51 AM PDT

    In case you don't know - there is a major vulnerability disclosed for very much all the top Qualcomm platforms and it lets an attacker take root-level control of your phone by just being on the same WiFi:

    https://9to5google.com/2019/08/06/vulnerability-qualcomm-chips-qualpwn-fixed-august/

    The vulnerability is fixed by the August patch (which Google made available as usual to manufacturers for early testing at least one month in advance).

    Of course that Pixel and Essential have instantly released that in the first days of August, but what was even more surprising was that Oneplus (normally not known in any way for their updates) went so far ahead that 7 Pro got the August security patch at the end of July and since then they have updated with the August security patch all devices going back to Oneplus 3T and Oneplus 3, something more than 3 years old!

    Initially Xiaomi seemed to also get the importance of that since it released very early an update for K20 Pro - but it was ONLY for their BETA version, so far NOTHING was released for any of their former or current flagships in the stable/release line. This I believe underlines one of the biggest problem with Xiaomi phones - very late and uncertain security updates.

    Samsung is also slow but so far it seems unlikely that their global Exynos versions are affected and their US Snapdragon versions were always very late behind as a result of Samsung's weird relation with US carriers.

    submitted by /u/catalinus
    [link] [comments]

    Which phone should I get, the Xiaomi mi 9 or the Xiaomi mi 9t pro?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 12:40 AM PDT

    I've been wanting to get a new phone for a while, and finally settled on the Mi 9 a week ago. However, the Xiaomi Mi 9t pro has launched in Europe this week and now I'm really conflicted.

    The current price of both phones are (for the 128 GB version):

    Mi 9: ~420 euros

    Mi 9t pro: 479 euros

    I consider the pros for each phone the following:

    Mi 9: Faster Wi-Fi module, faster flash storage.

    Mi 9t pro: Better battery, notchless screen.

    I use my phone mostly for texting, browsing on the web, watching YouTube videos and social media (Facebook ect...). I do not play games on my phone at all. I intend on keeping this phone at least for 3/4 years.

    So Reddit, which phone should I buy? Is the Mi 9t pro worth the extra money, even though the Mi 9 is faster? Should I take a look at different phone like the Mi 9t? Please give me some advice!

    submitted by /u/Vlixe
    [link] [comments]

    MIUI 10 Disable promoted apps

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 06:44 PM PDT

    Only apprared yesterday, in my home folder theres a row of promoted apps at the bottom. Never had it before. How do I disable it? Ive already disabled personalised ads but jts still there

    submitted by /u/lwb699
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Mi Mix 3 the only Verizon compatible phone ?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 06:43 PM PDT

    Of course we're off in not supported land, but I'd love to use ether the Mi 9t or the Mi 9 on Verizon.

    Thanks !

    submitted by /u/undefinedNANString
    [link] [comments]

    Will ARCore ever be implented to the Mi A2?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 12:04 PM PDT

    Plenty of other Xiaomi devices have AR, why not the A2? Honestly ridiculous.

    submitted by /u/LiterallyLowercase
    [link] [comments]

    Should i encrypt my mi a2?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 03:44 PM PDT

    I just flashed havoc is on my device and noticed my device is not encrypted... Should I encrypt my phone? Why should I or why shouldn't I do it? Thank you in advanced.

    submitted by /u/antexreckless
    [link] [comments]

    Replacement parts for Xiaomi Mi5 Prime?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 02:00 PM PDT

    Hi, so I have an Xiaomi Mi5 Prime but it has a cracked screen and a pretty badly scratched up back. It's not like I need it to be fixed, I just want to try to fix a phone :D As I know it's not that hard to take Mi5 apart and I already have another phone and Mi5 with a cracked screen is pretty much worthless. So, I wanted to ask if you know the best place to buy parts for it or maybe recommend a seller from eBay, Aliexpress?

    submitted by /u/righN
    [link] [comments]

    Mi 9T/ K20 (not pro) colours.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 09:15 PM PDT

    So summer honey (white) colour was released for k20 pro recently as well as on the Mi 9T pro announcement. Do you think we'll get it on the base K20/ Mi 9T as well? Link to colour for reference.

    submitted by /u/patrick3483
    [link] [comments]

    Global ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 09:12 PM PDT

    Does anyone have concrete information whether there is or will be a global ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro? So far after a week of researching I've only found rumours and few random forum posts from people claiming global ROM is available, but everyone else says there is no global version for this particular device, so I'm at a loss now. I've bought allegedly "global" version of the device on Gearbest, but it turned out to be with Chinese ROM, so half the functionality is unavailable outside of China, plus there's Chinese text everywhere and region is locked to China. Seller is yet to respond, so I'm wondering if it's a done deal or there's still a chance for flashing global ROM.

    submitted by /u/X2ytUniverse
    [link] [comments]

    To Mi a1 users: Will you but the Mi a3?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 08:42 PM PDT

    I've been thingking for a while that the 720p amoled will be bettter than the lcd screen of the a1. What are your thoughts a1 users? I've had my a1 for almost 2 years now. I'm willing to wait for the a3 pro but thats not even confirmed yet lol

    submitted by /u/heyfritzzapie
    [link] [comments]

    Mi mix 3 screen protector on mi 9t

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 08:15 PM PDT

    Since is the same dimensions, i assume the mi mix3 screen protector can be used on 9t. Can someone confirm it or have someone used it?

    submitted by /u/uuuupaty
    [link] [comments]

    Confused about whether notifications should be fixed on my phone (mi 9 SE)

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 08:00 PM PDT

    Hi, the other day I got the update to MIUI Global 10.3.3 stable. I'm still not seeing notification icons in the top bar (they show initially and then are replaced by the clock). I was using Notch Test as a workaround previously but since the update it's no longer working and I'm back with the original problem. I know that there's a beta where the notifications are fixed but I don't know how that coincides with the stable releases. Can anyone help? Thank you

    submitted by /u/melkharesa
    [link] [comments]

    My redmi kote 7 freezes when recording a video

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 07:53 PM PDT

    First just recorded a 2 minutes video, and the image freezes, then I close the camera, try to open it again, and then it says that can't connect. Has anyone had the same?

    Android version 9 MIUI global 10.3.4

    submitted by /u/merabih
    [link] [comments]

    Global Redmi note 5 pro crashes on boot on any rom.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 03:48 PM PDT

    Hello, I've spent the entire day trying to figure out why my phone crashes on boot up. Things I've tried: Lazyflasher, EDL flash, and flashing a custom rom. I've tried older and the most up to date versions of the global stock rom and they all seem to crash on boot. I thought this custom rom "EvolutionX" would fix my issues, but it crashes the moment the logo appears on boot up. I've included a video of what happens to better understand. Help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

    https://streamable.com/9d88u

    submitted by /u/Heinkel
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to replace my iphone 6s

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 03:43 PM PDT

    Hi There,

    I have a budget of 100-150$, these are the phones im looking at : Mi2 Lite, Redmi 7, Redmi note 7. What I am looking for is strong battery life (my current phones is terrible and charger wont work easily), a good screen and a fingerprint sensor. Do any of them charge quicker than the iphone? Thanks

    submitted by /u/gb_Ajr-
    [link] [comments]

    Mi Pad 4 worth buying?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 01:32 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I saw the Mi Pad 4 on sale today for €180, is it still worth buying? And if you have it, tell me about your experience 😉

    submitted by /u/Tom_Tech
    [link] [comments]

    I can't upload a wallpaper from my files. (I just got this Mi9T today from an official store)

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 06:16 AM PDT

    Mi9T randomly turns on

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 01:03 PM PDT

    So i just bought my Mi9t 3 days ago and its an amazing phone but lately I have noticed the screen turns on randomly without touching it or any notification popping. Double tap to wake is disabled. Ambient display is also disabled. Any solutions?

    submitted by /u/DripKingKillua
    [link] [comments]

    Mi max 4 alternative

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 10:00 AM PDT

    I have been waiting a long time for the mi max 4 and im sad to learn its not coming out. However my phone is becoming outdated and I want to get a new one anyway. Any other recent 18:9 phablet alternatives out there?

    submitted by /u/flatearth_12
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel