• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, August 10, 2019

    Transparent png files on desktop have a black background sometimes Windows Help

    Transparent png files on desktop have a black background sometimes Windows Help


    Transparent png files on desktop have a black background sometimes

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 11:59 AM PDT

    So I have a few transparent images on my desktop. Normally they don't have any background. But sometimes it goes black for some reason. Doesn't bother me at all but I'm just asking why is it happening.

    submitted by /u/D0ggy_
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to get Insta-Terminal?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 04:41 PM PDT

    Suppose I want to go ultra battery saver and just use my computer as a terminal, no desktop required. Is there any way for me to do that? And if there is, is it safe to shut it down by just pressing the power button? Just curious.

    submitted by /u/Agent-008
    [link] [comments]

    File Explorer: cannot disable these settings

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 05:43 PM PDT

    Comp waking itself up from sleep?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 06:29 AM PDT

    Since the latest update my computer has been randomly waking itself up from sleep. It happens out of the corner of my eye, usually while I'm watching tv 10 ft away. My copy is legit, my mouse is not overly sensitive, I don't have any programs notifying me of updates, etc. It has been happening about once a night since, and I'm thinking maybe it's some setting I've overlooked or something.

    Anyone know how I can keep my comp asleep when I want it to sleep?

    submitted by /u/killerzerox
    [link] [comments]

    Help, I don't know what happened.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 03:28 PM PDT

    A few days ago I used Disk Cleanup utility and I don't remember what do I clicked to clean. Then I started to see some problems and it's getting annoying.

    First, I noticed my FL Studio 20 (64 bits) didn't want to open, I just click and nothing happens, I tried to open the 32 bits version and it opened, but a few minutes later it closed without a warning or error and the ".exe" disappeared. I was jus left with the 64bit .exe. So I reinstalled everything again and now it works just fine.

    Then, I tried to update Fortnite and the Epic Launcher said "it can't access the folder", like if the Fortnite folder where it's installed won't let anything to get in as if it hasn't permission to do so. I can't even uninstall it and install it again because it triggers the same error.

    And now I tried to install a plugin for FL Studio, it opens the installer, gives me the directory where the plugin will be installed and then, it says it's installed correctly. But then I search on the directory of the plugin, and there's nothing there. Like if the installer didn't do his job. Then from the same installer I clicked on the "Desktop" and clicked the "Create New Folder Here", and it triggers "I couldn't find this element, This element is no longer on "C:/Users/(myname)".

    And I tried to install anything else and nothing works, like if the entire "C" drive were on "Read Only" mode or so. So, can anyone help me? I don't know how to search for this kind of problem on Google.

    Thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/Nedaz
    [link] [comments]

    My Ram speed is wrong windows 10 1903 update

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 02:49 PM PDT

    Yo! I need some help or if anyone have an answer to this issue.

    I updated my PC and now the ram is showing wrong speed...

    CPU-Z says also 1200Mhz and i have 2400Mhz G.SKill ram!!

    I tried to find the XMP in bios but nothing to select.. i saw that in bios it says 2400Mhz in speed.

    Did the same update on my work computer and that shows right speed!?! so weird

    SPECS:

    ASUS PRIME X470-PRO, Socket-AM4

    AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Processor

    G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2400MHz 32GB

    Windows 10 home

    version 10.0.18362

    thanks for the help!!

    submitted by /u/wahlbergn
    [link] [comments]

    mail won't sync and can't change default browser since update

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 07:35 PM PDT

    Okay, since I got 1903 update, the Mail app won't sync any accounts. It's not just I'm not getting emails, I receive them fine on my phone. I've tried resetting the app and turning off the firewall and it's still the same.

    Also, I can't change my default browser to Opera/Vivaldi. When I try to, the choices only show Chrome and Edge, and an option to look for something from Store, which sometimes crashes when I select it. Choosing a default apps by file type just gives the same options, plus IE and Notepad.

    Any ideas? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/colorless1997
    [link] [comments]

    Windows vista password.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 09:01 AM PDT

    Hello there, I recently found my old windows vista premium home in my basement. I don't have a password reset disk, don't know the password either. Does anyone have any ideas how I could log on? The computers about 10 years old

    submitted by /u/thanoscarr77
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop can't find home network.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 03:08 PM PDT

    I recently have been having this problem with my laptop, which has windows 10 installed, where it sometimes can't find my home's wifi. When I click to see the available networks, my home' wifi is not there. Is there anything I can do to solve this? The router does not seem to be the problem here, because the other computers in my house do see the network and are able to connect to it without any problems.

    submitted by /u/delfindelfon
    [link] [comments]

    Repair Loop?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 04:20 PM PDT

    I recently reinstalled Windows 10 prior to installing Windows 7 as a dual-boot set up, I have been having major issues with my BIOS and UEFI since then, however my main complaint is that every time I set "UEFI: Windows Boot Manager" as the primary boot device, it goes into automatic repair every time. It may be worth noting that the SrtTrail.txt file is located in the Windows 7 installation folder, not Windows 10, and the error code is "0x0". The reason I wanted to use UEFI instead of BIOS is because when I boot my PC, my keyboard and mouse do not connect to my PC until after the OS has loaded, which means I have to wait 30 seconds for Windows Boot Manager to run Windows 7 by default every time. Any feedback would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/the_raving_lunatic
    [link] [comments]

    My computer is set to half English and half Hebrew

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 07:53 AM PDT

    I recently set my main language in my computer to English, so i supposed that everything in my computer is in english now, but everything is still in hebrew, even some programs like Krita (art program) is sometimes English and sometimes Hebrew.

    I use Windows 10.

    submitted by /u/snipertom
    [link] [comments]

    gpu help?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 08:21 PM PDT

    My Raedon R5 200 series 230 gpu always runs at 0% even when playing under stress. Im thinking maybe my computer is using my cpu's internal graphics but i'm not too sure. Any ideas off the top of your head? intel processor lenovo board

    submitted by /u/Jeffeyfe
    [link] [comments]

    Display Language Stuck in Japanese (Windows 10)

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 10:24 AM PDT

    Wanted to play some Japanese games and characters weren't displaying properly, so I tried installing the Japanese language pack.

    However, my computer now adopted Japanese as the default language, and I can't switch back.

    I've tried going into Settings > Region and Language and changing it back to my default language (portuguese), but the change doesn't stick; if I shut down that window and come back, the language is back to japanese, as if I never changed the option, and there is no "apply" button equivalent.

    I have no idea what to do, my entire system is in japanese now lol

    System Locale is already set in the correct one (PT-BR), the problem is with the display language.

    For extra help, here's a screenshot of my Region and Language settings:

    https://ibb.co/C8C4Z8z

    The big problem is that selecting "Portuguese" in this dropdown menu does nothing.

    I'm also finding it weird that no languages are showing. Before installing the japanese language pack, I could see the languages I had installed under the + button.

    I've also tried installing other languages through the + button, but nothing happens after I click install - they don't download like they should.

    EDIT: Solved. Went into regedit and deleted the Japanese language folder manually (Was found at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MUI\UILanguages

    submitted by /u/HenshinHero_
    [link] [comments]

    Convenience roll up (KB3125574) always fails to install

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 07:25 PM PDT

    Hello:

    My Director informed me that some of our PCs were missing this update, and every time I've tried to install it on the affected PCs (via our deployment software, KACE SDA, or Windows Update and WU Standalone), it fails.

    The error that WU throws at me is related to a permissions problem. I want to say it may be our AV (Sophos), but I wanted to get a second opinion.

    Any ideas as to why this update just refuses to install?

    Note: this is for Windows 7. Currently in the process of testing Windows 10 in my environment but still need to keep the W7 machines up to date until full Windows 10 deployment.

    submitted by /u/krystx57
    [link] [comments]

    Is malware still a serious problem on Windows in 2019?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 10:15 AM PDT

    I remember the days when a Windows XP machine can get infected with malware just by being connected to the Internet without a firewall with no browser running. Times have changed since then, but I would like to know if malware is still a serious issue on Windows.

    submitted by /u/TypicalTable
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 home being too restrictive.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 11:18 PM PDT

    Hey, this might be some sort of newbie problem but here we go.

    I got a new laptop after my windows 7 one finally died. I got one with windows 10 home, single language build.

    I am finding this operating system too restrictive; I can't turn Cortana off, this computer doesn't feel mine and I have no access to half the settings online articles and tutorials tell me to use to change that. Coming from the relatively big amount of freedom I had in 7, I feel like I'm tied up here and can't find any way to change that.

    I even tried messing with the registry and such and there was no change.

    Is there anything I can do about this?

    submitted by /u/WoodenHandMagician
    [link] [comments]

    USB icon keeps appearing and disappearing from taskbar

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 02:35 AM PDT

    Anyone know how to make it stop? I only have a keyboard and mouse that use wireless usb dongles. They work fine on my other machine. There is nothing else using usb except internal devices such as rgb controllers and they're all showing up fine. In device manager, the entire screen refreshes every couple seconds. Anyone know why this is happening?

    submitted by /u/Vorlath
    [link] [comments]

    I lost data..

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 12:27 PM PDT

    I was moving 1,5 GB videos from my phone to my laptop using usb cable, suddenly it says : "windows couldn't move file, fatal error" with a code like fffff08x or something like that, and the videos are lost...

    submitted by /u/moe87b
    [link] [comments]

    WM 5.0 - Cannot unlock screen even with new touchscreen installed.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 07:24 AM PDT

    Windows 10 1903 - Disable Group By in Downloads folder

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 04:44 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I updated my Windows version to 1903 yesterday and I noticed that my view in the Download folders has date groupings. I looked online and found a solution to disable this option via Right Click > Group By > None and going into View > Options > Apply to Folders, however it doesn't stay in this state. Is there a permanent fix to this?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/BGM-71TOW
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Opinion on these PCs for updating to Win 10?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 08:14 AM PDT

    My parents have a PC each and there both still on Windows 7 and both have different specs.

    My dad's PC is a Zoostorm, bought from Ebuyer about 2 or 3 years back. It's got a 1TB HDD, an Intel Core i3 6100 @3.70Ghz, 8GB Ram, on board Graphics. It's on a 64bit Windows 7.

    My Mum's PC is a little older. I got it back in a round 2011 while doing an entry level Tech Support college course, so it must've been a good age then. It's an Asus motherboard, PSL-VM1394 with an Intel Core 2 6400 2.40Ghz CPU. I recently upgraded the HDD to a 250GB SSD with 32bit Windows 7 and running on 4GB DDR2 RAM.

    I've been holding back from upgrading to W10 for now, but now that support is due to end next year I'm looking to see what my options are. Straight update on each PC to W10 or new PCs altogether? As their budget is very tight at the moment they might struggle for new PCs unless I can successfully convince the importance of having a new PC.

    Just looking for the best advice here.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/tk1178
    [link] [comments]

    Is it a good idea to still use Windows 7 after they stop supporting it?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 10:17 AM PDT

    I'm asking because I have a regular laptop with windows 7 and a gaming laptop with windows 10. I am not familiar with windows 10 so I don't want to upgrade the OS of my regular laptop. Would it be a bad to continue to use the internet with my regular laptop or should I mainly use my gaming laptop and just have my regular laptop for videos and back ups of files? I am very familiar with windows 7 and I hardly know how to use windows 10 so I don't want to have both laptops with the same OS.

    submitted by /u/jayx468
    [link] [comments]

    Help please? Anyone?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 11:56 AM PDT

    So I'm a bit of a computer newbie so apologies if this is a dumb question, but I'm upgrading from a 1TB HDD to a 1TB SSD. I copied my entire HDD and pasted it into my SSD. After it completed its transfer and was at 100%, the name changed to downloaded, and the time remaining now says calculated. It does say 33,492 items remaining with 66,097 items moved total. It hasn't changed from this screen for the past 8 1/2 hours. Is this normal? Did something go wrong? I anticipate for this window to close automatically once the transfer finishes but it's been 8 1/2 hours now. What can I do?

    submitted by /u/YungSlumdog
    [link] [comments]

    Update 1903 restored an old version of my files

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 11:47 AM PDT

    Here's the thing. This morning when I turned my computer on, I opened a Word file which contains a college work I'm working on right now. I continued it.

    Later this afternoon windows prompts me that I have to restart so I can get a new update. I save my work, and do as windows asks. When the computer turns back on, it updated, but also restored the morning version of my computer. So when I opened my Word file, everything I did was lost: I had the same file I opened this morning.

    If I check the recent files opened in Word, I only get the one from this morning.

    I restored the previous update, but nothing changed. So yeah, I'm quite pissed TBH.

    I guess I'm not really asking for help, but just getting the word (pun intended) out. Of course, if you guys have suggestions, I'll take it.

    submitted by /u/Captain_Bad
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel