• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, August 12, 2019

    What’s going on? I just updated my laptop and this is happening on a loop. I’ve tried force restarting it and it didn’t work Windows Help

    What’s going on? I just updated my laptop and this is happening on a loop. I’ve tried force restarting it and it didn’t work Windows Help


    What’s going on? I just updated my laptop and this is happening on a loop. I’ve tried force restarting it and it didn’t work

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 11:44 AM PDT

    Help with Windows Anytime Upgrade

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 07:56 PM PDT

    I have a machine running Windows 7 Home Premium that I've tried to upgrade to Professional using the Windows Anytime Upgrade feature with a product key. It's been running for around a day nonstop and it's been stuck on "Downloading 6 updates." Should I just leave it for longer or is there a faster solution?

    I haven't been able to find many articles related to this issue online, but one of them suggested that it took them around 2 days for the upgrade, which seems excessive for a small upgrade (especially since the program claims that it only needs 10 minutes). I also never found any evidence suggesting that the program no longer functions, but I may be wrong.

    submitted by /u/the_j_quacks
    [link] [comments]

    When I click turn on night light it juts doesnt turn on. Why

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 02:47 PM PDT

    Data loss after large Windows 10 update

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 04:36 AM PDT

    I got a notification about some significant windows update, so I clicked "restart and update"
    When the desktop came up again, a saved file I was working on for several hours was reverted to an older version.

    I checked "C:\Windows.old" but the desktop folder there is empty.
    Also the file history feature is off.
    Is there any way to get the new file back?
    Will going back to a previous version of windows 10 help?

    submitted by /u/karlstoast
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 8.1 refresh didn’t work and I have a black screen that turns on every 2 seconds

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 06:58 PM PDT

    What caused me to refresh my pc was a graphics card issue and I couldn't uninstall and reinstall the drivers properly. I decided to refresh my pc so I could get a clean installation of windows and keep my files. When it was finished the power button was missing from the start menu and I couldn't open the device manager (it wasnt showing up in search). I signed out of my account thinking I would be able to sign out from there only to be greeted with a black screen the was flickering on and off. I dont know how to fix this please help.

    submitted by /u/Deatharix
    [link] [comments]

    Need help, Windows 7 folder views keep changing

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 06:54 PM PDT

    I've had Windows 7 since September last year. About a month or so ago I ran into a problem. The folder views and icon settings keep randomly changing on some folders. It started only affecting the "My Documents" folder. The folder was set to large icons and sort by name, now sometimes it changes to medium icons or details or even extra large icons, and sometimes to sort by date. I can change it back to how I like it, close the folder, reopen it in under a minute and the problem comes back; yet sometimes the right settings stay for hours. I'm not really knowledgeable about computers, I only know the basics so I tried googling the problem to no avail. I thought whatever it's only one folder. Then it began happening to my Flash Drive (F:). Then some other folders in C: (I have my hard drive split into C: and D:). Now the problem spread to D:. The weird thing is I have like tens of thousands of folders filled with pictures and so far this only affected 6 of them (2 on C:, 3 on D:, and F:). Any tips? The only solutions I found on Google were from people who had this from day one, while mine began randomly. I also have Windows Updates turned off so it couldn't have been that, right? Microsoft Security Essentials says there's no virus. Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/King_Will_Wedge
    [link] [comments]

    Win10 kills audio when screen sleeps

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 08:38 PM PDT

    I have difficulty with sleep some nights so I tend to play some audio from my laptop (Acer Pradator brand). To compensate for the screen, I used to follow the following procedure:

    • Play source (usually youtube, sometimes twitch vod)

    • Set timer to auto close the tab (via Chrome extension)

    • Switch tabs so the screen will sleep

    The screen would then turn off after a minute, and two minutes after the tab closes the laptop would sleep for the night. Since a recent update, now the audio cuts off after the screen sleeps. If I did anything else to make the set up work before, I don't recall it. Can anything be done to restore my set up?

    submitted by /u/zenthr
    [link] [comments]

    How to delete this pop-up, it's literally overriding on everything in every app.

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 08:02 AM PDT

    How do I keep windows from trying to change the default speaker/microphone?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 10:45 AM PDT

    How do I tell windows to stick with my current microphone/headset, without going to the built in stuff I've disabled whenever I start certain programs?

    submitted by /u/mymar101
    [link] [comments]

    Touchpad problems after Windows 10 update?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 09:12 AM PDT

    Last night, I updated my laptop (Asus X541CA) to the latest version of Windows 10. It wasn't until this morning until I discovered that due to the update, it removed the touchpad on my laptop (Asus Touchpad) - but Asus Smart Gesture (the application that helps install the touchpad) was still there. I then uninstall Asus Smart Gesture and restarted my laptop. I then went to the official Asus website to reinstall the touchpad specifically for the model of my laptop. It then said it couldn't reinstall it because I needed to verify a file first. I then contacted a previous live agent, who did a system restore on my laptop. It restored Asus Smart Gesture, but the main touchpad (Asus Touchpad) still wasn't there.

    I then had another conversation with the same live agent, and he suggested that I revert back to the version of Windows 10 (the version of Windows 10 that I was used before it updated last night). I then reverted back to the slightly older version of Windows 10. Asus Touchpad was still there, but I no longer access Asus Smart Gesture. It says that the application is not found. I tried updating the driver, but then changed it from Asus Touchpad to Asus Support Device (which is the touchpad that is in place of the main touchpad if you've uninstalled Asus Smart Gesture, or are having problems with the touchpad, etc).

    Whenever I try to change, repair, uninstall or reinstall Asus Smart Gesture, it comes up with the message - "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable."

    What does this all mean? What can I do to fix all this? I've never encountered this problem in my life.

    submitted by /u/DanielCracker
    [link] [comments]

    Performed a windows fresh start, computer now shows a black screen with the mouse cursor visible before the log in screen and the log in screen won’t load.

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 07:10 AM PDT

    Windows 10 on ARM (Raspbi)

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 11:46 PM PDT

    Hello,

    Not sure if this is the right sub-thread but maybe some of you can answer.

    I read an article where somebody installed windows 10 on a Raspberry Pi 3b but it was said that it was really slow. So with the new 4gm RAM version and some fast microSD Cards with 250mb/s from Toshiba i was wondering if somebody has it installed and can tell whether it's usable or not.

    I was planing to use a Raspbi 4 for surfing and as a always-on-box with Windows

    submitted by /u/Alpha-Inc
    [link] [comments]

    Left & up arrow keys launch other programs

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 01:24 PM PDT

    I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

    I recently deleted a few viruses using MalwareBytes. The symptoms I was experiencing that prompted me to scan for viruses were that, when I pressed certain keys on the keyboard, they would always do the things I wanted, but they would often do other things in addition to that. For example, pressing 7 or 4 on the numeric keypad would cause both numbers to appear, even though I only pressed one. Same with 8 and 5, as well as 9 and 6. Meanwhile, the "W" key would also toggle the caps lock in addition to making the letter "W" appear. So on and so forth.

    At first, I thought my keyboard was just faulty. But then the problem subsided when I went to safe mode, and it didn't come back when I turned regular windows back on.

    Or at least I thought it didn't come back on. Turns out, the wonky functioning of the keyboard just got shuffled around after I reset my PC.

    Now, the only problems I have noticed so far are that the left arrow key causes the calculator app to appear (I don't even normally use the calculator app, because I have downloaded a superior calculator app called GraphCalc that I prefer to use instead). Meanwhile, the "up" arrow key causes the "computer" tab to show up. You know, the tab that shows my hard drives and how much space I have in each? In the start menu, it's the one right above "control panel" and right below "games."

    I have already ran both AVG antivirus and MalwareBytes, and I quarantined three different pieces of malware. So that much is out of the way. The problem is undoing the damage that was inflicted. Somehow, this malware has changed my windows settings so that these windows are launched by the pressing of a specific key, and these keys just happen to be keys I press on a regular basis.

    Does anyone know of a way to undo this?

    If it helps, I right-clicked on the calculator app and selected "properties." This is what it looks like: https://i.postimg.cc/jj7sKGq8/4.png If that means anything to you, there it is.

    submitted by /u/acerthorn
    [link] [comments]

    Need help changing my Screenshot folder location after I have moved it to Desktop.

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 04:26 PM PDT

    I did relocate my Screenshot folder to Desktop, now I want to restore it to its original location in the Pictures folder.

    How can I do that if I can't access the Screenshots folder properties?

    submitted by /u/NoIdeaWhatAmIDoing
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop stuck on “preparing automatic repair mode”.

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 03:49 PM PDT

    Bios not coming up, just keeps restarting. I would re install the OS but I can't access to the usb without the Bios. What should I do? This happened after a failed windows 10 update.

    submitted by /u/SkyWalker1017
    [link] [comments]

    Is there no longer any way to do a first time setup of a W10 machine without a microsoft account?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 02:35 AM PDT

    I'm setting up a laptop for a customer. Standard practice for us is to set up the machine with a local account. Normally the option is just hidden behind some other menus. Now you seemingly have to create an account then change to a local one later in the settings. Is this really the case? If it is, then it's definitely some shitty behavior on Microsoft's part for forcing it unnecessarily upon their customers.

    UPDATE:
    I restarting the PC didn't help, as it saved the network the first time. I could use the FN keys to turn on flightmode, then click back to make it reopen the account window, this time for creation of a local account. Thanks: /u/erosexpressions

    submitted by /u/ImprovementViking
    [link] [comments]

    Login Issue-No login Dialog Box 1903

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 03:18 PM PDT

    I have a Dell 5578 that I was using last night just fine. I came home today and tried to login in and the background wallpaper will blur like it's going to have me enter my pin, but nothing shows up. Eventually it times out goes back to the unblurred wallpaper. I am able to get in through safe mode and ran the startup repair options in the Dell recovery environment but still not letting me get it. Where do i start to fix this?

    submitted by /u/Mattr413
    [link] [comments]

    Trimcheck.exe and Device Encryption

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 12:58 PM PDT

    Apologies if this is already well known, I'm a bit of a noob :)

    tldr: Turned off device encryption and TRIM commands started working!

    Trimcheck never seemed to work on my Toshiba SSD that came with my Dell XPS 13 (2018) because it always gave back an indeterminate result. Before today, I believed this to be an issue with the SSD itself, which I thought didn't process the TRIM command from the disk optimiser.

    Today, I disabled the Device Encryption (which is not Bitlocker) from the settings. I never knew this was turned on! I then ran trimcheck to see if it had made a difference and it appears TRIM is now running perfectly.

    I then ran Recuva to see if old data had been zeroed out and it appeared to be working there too.

    submitted by /u/Powerful_Pop
    [link] [comments]

    “New” Pc Activation key invalid

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 12:18 AM PDT

    So let's start this off with what happened to lead to this situation. My old PC broke and my mom gave me an unused in box HP pc and I proceeded to use it for a few months until all of sudden I notice that my windows isn't activated.

    When I put in the product key it's invalid and I can't seem to understand why.

    I ended up resetting the PC hoping it'd fix but it hasn't gotten any better. (It's also running an outdated version of windows because it refuses to update to 1809)

    submitted by /u/NihtGut
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck inn a loop "hi there" when installing windows 10 in laptop

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 07:55 PM PDT

    So I was installing windows 10 in my ASUS X550L that has a specs 8gb I7-4510u Geforce 840m So the installation was finish and now they want me to enter my country, language,keyboard type and time zone. I enter my information and click next so theres another thing that they want again so I click use express settings then after that it goes to "just a moment and restart. The asus logo appears and after it appears Iam back again in "hi there". So basically like a loop. I tried to enter into bios but the bios doesnt open. I just install the windows directly to my laptop not using any dvd and usb. Can you guys help me?

    submitted by /u/XyGamerZ
    [link] [comments]

    Last night I had no wallpaper and explorer was unresponsive. After a reinstall I can't see and windows on the desktop

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 12:27 PM PDT

    I was having zero issues with my system until I turned it back on after dusting it out. I was met with a black wallpaper and the inability to open an explorer window. Every other program (Spotify, discord, etc.) opened just fine. I could see the C drive just fine if I went around windows services like saving selecting a file save location in my browser. It had been a few years, so I figured I'd wipe the SSD and perform a fresh install.

    I used a USB boot stick made with Microsoft's tool on their site. Once I reached the new desktop, I noticed there were no icons on desktop itself, only in the taskbar. When I went to open anything, via clicking on the taskbar icon or via shortcut key, nothing would appear. There would be a live preview from the taskbar icon, but it wouldn't show on the desktop itself. Tried reinstalling a few times and got it same results. Tried recreating the install media, same results.

    Bought a new SSD, same results. I've never run into this before, so does anyone have any clue how to fix this? I'm going to try Rufus and see if that fixes things, but at this point I don't know.

    submitted by /u/tinkyXIII
    [link] [comments]

    What i have to do, to clean my pc 100% after uninstaling a software

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 04:32 AM PDT

    hi bros, i need to clean all registers in my pc of a software that i use in my job'b pc, someone can tell me all places that will show any trace of this software in my pc?
    thanks bros <3

    submitted by /u/DJoeP00
    [link] [comments]

    you guys probably get this question alot, but is there any performance benefit to go from 7 to 10?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 11:26 AM PDT

    I read evil things about windows 10. that it has alot of unnecessary spyware and programs running in the background and clogging everything up

    submitted by /u/lovecel
    [link] [comments]

    A Question : Did microsoft officially state that the Macbook Pro is the best laptop to run Windows on ?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 01:49 PM PDT

    i heard that from someone at work.

    submitted by /u/RARBK
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel