• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, August 11, 2019

    What is "Windows 7 Ultimate Edition" end of life date? Windows Help

    What is "Windows 7 Ultimate Edition" end of life date? Windows Help


    What is "Windows 7 Ultimate Edition" end of life date?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 01:03 PM PDT

    I can't find this information on the internet by googling.

    submitted by /u/santropedro
    [link] [comments]

    Question from a Windows noob

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 02:39 PM PDT

    Just bought my first windows laptop after using mac os for years. I installed an ssd myself and booted it up. Everything seemed to be fine, but all of my data was being saved to this tiny 200gb drive instead of my 1tb ssd. I tried moving the user profile to the ssd, but it gives me an error. I completely reset the computer and tried everything again. Same issue. What am I doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/ralyks45
    [link] [comments]

    Copying files with permissions over long period of time

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 01:39 PM PDT

    Hi,

    Apologies if the title is misleading. I am running a robocopy command on an AWS windows 2016 instance. But due to GPOs, I can't run it for too long as when I system go idle it logs out the user and stops robocopy. Now I cannot change GPO's or install any new tool or software on the instance as it is hardened for security. Is it possible to run robocopy as service so that it keeps running in the background even if the user is forced logged out? If yes how? If no is there any other way to do it?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/ashofspades
    [link] [comments]

    Install issues

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 01:57 PM PDT

    Has anyone had any trouble installing windows onto a new ssd with a 3000 series ryzen processor? UEFI doesn't seem to be supported, or if it is, I don't have it for some reason, and as such I'm having to use legacy for my bootable USB. Unsure if this is what's causing the problems I've faced. Experiencing freezes and blue screens. Usually unable to even get to the install pages, but when I did, I got through to the installation preparation, and then it blue screened again. Haven't even been able to get back to language selection since then. Any help is appreciated

    submitted by /u/andymurray172
    [link] [comments]

    Having difficulties with a Dell Latitude E6430

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 03:07 PM PDT

    Hey there r/windows! I'm in over my head and I could use some help. I recently booted up my laptop only to be immediately blue screened with the code "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED". I allowed my computer to restart a few times, but each time it did it would blue screen again with the same error code. From there I booted into windows repair mode, which at the very least allowed me to log into my computer to take a look around. However, when I do log in I become immediately bombarded with error messages that read like the following: https://imgur.com/gallery/lFG4eLo

    In addition, when attempting to open windows programs such as task manager or the command prompt in admin mode produce errors with the code "File system error (-1073741521)", which prevents me from running commands like CHKDSK /f. I am still, however, able to view files with window explorer and open up jpgs and txt files. Executable files however often do open but do not work correctly, ie Chrome will open but will give me its own error codes. If anyone can help me here I'd appreciate it greatly! If any more information is needed, just let me know and I'll be happy to supplement.

    Edit: Just thought of this- the last time the computer worked fine was before an update.

    submitted by /u/CoolCow247
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with removing inactive files

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 02:48 PM PDT

    So when i upgraded my pc i reinstalled windows 10 on an m.2 drive. But now the old system files are left on my HDD and i cant remove them bacause of "trusted installer". Is there any way for me to remove the old windows files?

    submitted by /u/jonark1
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to resize the vertical taskbar to be one icon thick only?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 07:04 AM PDT

    Is there a way to resize the vertical taskbar to be one icon thick only?

    Notice at the bottom the system tray is 2 columns thick, and I'm actually pretty okay with the date/time being a little split into two lines. Is there any way for this to be done?

    https://i.redd.it/pjhinm59stf31.png

    submitted by /u/DoggoTheComputero
    [link] [comments]

    Game bar is completely useless.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 06:26 PM PDT

    I'm just trying to enjoy a game with some friends, and when they invite me I get some notification from to press Win Key + G, nothing happens, ever.

    submitted by /u/MegsThighs-SaveLives
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 7 not activated and only having Windows 10 key?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 11:59 AM PDT

    I have a job computer and just got a new one, then i got my last computer to use as my computer. Although Windows isnt activated, I mean it has windows 7 on it. Although i bought a windows 10 product key to upgrade it and i dont really know what to do... Im kind of freaking out because i feel like ive bought something that i dont need or can you still install windows 10 for free. But i already have bought a product key so what should i do redditors?!?!?

    Help a dude out here; ASAP!

    submitted by /u/Mqew
    [link] [comments]

    [w10 update] is it normal it is slow ?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 09:33 AM PDT

    Hey,

    The internet is full of people trying to sell antiviruses when I try to Google this question.

    It's been 4 hours updates are running and my computer does not seem to be stuck : it is just awfully slow.

    On a blue screen, it reads : "Working in updates. 27% Don't turn of your PC. This will take a while.

    Your PC will restart several times"

    I wonder if I should restart it myself because of how slow it is.

    submitted by /u/Zorahgna
    [link] [comments]

    Help with my PC having Disc at 100% in the task manager

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 09:54 AM PDT

    Hi, so as of late i have been noticing my Laptop has the Disc at 100% very frequently even if i'm not doing anything aside from opening Chrome, at first i though it was to Windows Update that was downloading an update but the computer has already finished installing them and the disc is still at 100%, does anyone why that is and how i could fix it?

    Thanks for the help.

    submitted by /u/ancientemple
    [link] [comments]

    Headphone Sound Interface problems?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 03:54 PM PDT

    I accidentally left my PC on for a couple of days while I went on vacation, and when I got back and tried to watch some YouTube, the sound is super quiet, even at 100%. This is consistent between all the headphones I own. Y'all think I may have shorted it out or what?

    side note: would buying a headphone amp be the best solution to this problem?

    Thanks in Advance.

    submitted by /u/cold9999
    [link] [comments]

    "You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission"

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 09:41 AM PDT

    I'm trying to add a Firefox icon into its folder so I can use a different one. And I am fed up with Windows thinking it gets to tell me what I can't do when I AM the administrator and owner. Please help me find a fix. This has never happened before. I did the same thing on Windows 7 and no such prompt showed up.

    submitted by /u/Kingmaker00
    [link] [comments]

    Page file size of 32GB is it too much?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 07:16 AM PDT

    I've pretty much always let windows manage page files automatically but I recently discovered it assigned 32GB which sounds a bit absurd.

    PC: i7-8700K, 32GB ram, GTX 1060 6GB. 250GB Samsung evo M.2 system and apps, 750GB Crucial SSD for working files (video editing), 3 other HDDs

    Windows automatically assigned the page files to the 750GB SSD which is not my system drive but my second SSD and it allocated 32GB which to me sounds too much, is it really necessary?

    I now manually selected which drive to use and chose the system M.2 since I'll have the second SSD with my video footage while editing so I think it's best, if premiere needs to reserve page files to do it on a different drive, especially since the other is much faster being M.2

    I left windows to manage the size and after a reboot switched to the M.2 drive but it's still 32GB, should I manually set it lower?

    submitted by /u/filippomasoni
    [link] [comments]

    Accidently Chose a specific app to open a file, now I can't change it

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 03:06 PM PDT

    Hey, I got an OVA file for a Kali Linux on my windows computer.

    Find it here: https://www.offensive-security.com/kali-linux-vm-vmware-virtualbox-image-download/

    Anyways, I accidently pressed utorrent (htorrent?) and now I cannot reset the default opening app! There is no way for me to just remove the default app and just not have one. Remember, I just don't want a default app to open the specific file type!

    Anyway to do this?!?

    submitted by /u/jetlikesferraris
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to disable cryptographic services?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 07:59 AM PDT

    Hi, so I had to install my windows 10 new twice bc I got stuck in a infinity repair loop. Now I have the problem which I never had before, the cryptographic services uses like constant 12% of my CPU. It went down for some time to 2% at some point but it is now back at 12% again

    I'm using Win 10 1903 and Norton as Anti Virus.

    submitted by /u/Toizit
    [link] [comments]

    Someone please help me, Got a major resolution problem.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 03:44 PM PDT

    Ok, so for anyone who uses an old monitor or old TV as a monitor for your PC, You've probably heard or even experienced the "black screen".

    Im rather new to this bug, and its annoying as hell. Ive followed every tutorial possible, and my dad doesn't wanna lend me his monitor to fix it :/ So I'm kinda screwed here

    I can open bios, and safe-mode, but its worthless because safe mode doesn't do bull crap. Cant save settings or change resolution. I also already tried the key-bind method, all it wound up doing was shutting down my pc.

    Can someone find me a working method??

    I have a daily job as a C# Programmer, and Im actually late on 3 projects right now, so if someone can, I NEED HELP URGENTLY, as Ive already lost 8 hours of time to work because of this glitch.

    submitted by /u/SkylerSpark
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a Windows program that will easily let me compare the contents of folders side by side?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 07:21 AM PDT

    I have a few folders that mostly consist of the same files (hundreds of them), with some minor additions or deletions between them. I would like to find a way to compare them and emphasize what the differences are between the folders (think "track changes" in MS Word or something similar). Are there any programs that might let me do this? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/throwaway_480
    [link] [comments]

    Something called CMminer is consuming all of my cpu and am on win 7 and idk if this is the right subreddit but please do help me clear this mining program which has entered my pc without any permission

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 08:50 AM PDT

    Macro in program arguments of scheluded task?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 07:43 AM PDT

    I noticed that in Task Scheduler, there's a Windows' built in task under Microsoft\Windows\Bluetooth named as UninstallDeviceTask. Its action is configured to start the BthUdTask.exe program. And its argument is specified as $(Arg0) which seems like a macro. I didn't know Task Scheduler support such macro.

    Why is this macro not documented? How does Task Scheduler assign which argument gets which value and from where? And what else except Arg0, Arg1, etc. is available?

    submitted by /u/jcunews1
    [link] [comments]

    All Windows 10 desktop shortcuts/icons got transformed into figma shortcuts. How do i reset desktop icons?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 06:03 PM PDT

    First off, i tried to open a figma file with a .fig
    extension. I double clicked it and it asks me w/c program will i choose to open it with. So i chose the desktop shortcut of figma in my desktop. Then suddenly all my desktop shortcut icons got turned into figma shortcuts.

    I've tried resetting icons to default, but nothing happens.

    How do i fix it?

    submitted by /u/theUnknown777
    [link] [comments]

    Direct X problem?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 04:57 AM PDT

    Okay ever since i got my laptop Direct X required programs always seem to fail installing direct x files. Most notability the Epic Games store, when it's done installing all the registry keys/files it gets to Direct X and just seems to not complete, or steam every time i open a game it always reinstalls direct x which it does work and the game launches but it's kinda annoying.

    Is there a reason for this and can i fix it?

    People told me to try deleting the Redist folder these applications make, but that doesn't seem to do much.

    submitted by /u/PurpleNurpe
    [link] [comments]

    August 2019 update is causing my PC to crash shortly after startup

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 09:12 PM PDT

    Anyone else having this issue?

    submitted by /u/farmerpling117
    [link] [comments]

    Mouse x-axis movement inverting randomly

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 10:28 AM PDT

    As the title says my mouse's movement along the x-axis is just randomly invert and the only way I can get it to go back to normal is to replug in the mouse. I have done a google search and come with nothing.

    Windows 10.

    submitted by /u/thotsfired
    [link] [comments]

    Help! After installing Win10 update (1903) the audio isn't as crisp as before - slightly muffled or less HD?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 12:42 PM PDT

    Windows was telling me it really needed to install a windows update today so I decided to let it. Finally after doing so, I went to watch a video on YouTube and the audio is now not as crisp as it was before. It sounds slightly quieter or possibly muffled? As if something were covering the speakers but there isn't.

    I've restarted the PC, reinstalled the Realtek audio driver a few times and restarted each time but the same thing. I seem to remember having a similar issue back in October when a big windows update installed then and I can't remember how I fixed it in the end (I suspect I had to system restore/reset my laptop which I really don't want to do again). Help?

    I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 gaming laptop.

    submitted by /u/beaktastic
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel