• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Tuesday, August 13, 2019

    What do I do about this, they're almost unusable and I don't know how to fix it Tech Support

    What do I do about this, they're almost unusable and I don't know how to fix it Tech Support


    What do I do about this, they're almost unusable and I don't know how to fix it

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 06:34 AM PDT

    Laptop ticking noise, blown speakers and degraded performance

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 11:02 AM PDT

    Hi! This all started after I hooked up a sound controller mixer to my laptop via an audio jack adapter for a presentation for work. It blew my speakers but headphones still work. But frequently there's a loud ticking noise. Usually the ticking noise can be initiated by plugging in something to a USB port but the noise can't be stopped. Slowly the performance of my laptop degraded and I can barely use it now. It's a 2ish year old ASUS - ROG GL502VM 15.6" Laptop. Before the event it worked perfectly.

    submitted by /u/stevenPharvey
    [link] [comments]

    Update: Imgur loads to the right side of the screen

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 07:06 PM PDT

    Mystery mobile service outage?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 04:56 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I hope it's ok to post this here - I'm not entirely sure it's a tech problem, but at least tech-adjacent I guess (?)

    I have a strange issue with my mobile phone service. I live in Glasgow (UK), and there's one very specific spot where I just can't get a data connection on my smartphone for the life of me. It's the meeting of St Vincent St and Esmond St in Glasgow - starts at the junction and continues most of the way up Esmond St, so probably about 100m of road in total.

    My phone shows I have a decent 4G signal, but trying to do anything in the browser will bring up a 'no connection' error, Spotify will tell me it's offline etc.

    I am on Voxi, which is a MVNO owned and operated by its parent network, Vodafone UK - so I'm sort of equivalent to a Vodafone pay as you go customer in their eyes. My wife has a proper Vodafone contract and the exact same phone (Galaxy S10) and has no problem getting a data connection in this same area.

    Voxi is cheaper than its parent company because basically their customer support is pretty barebones - web chat only - so that's really why I'm posting here. I did try asking them - they couldn't explain it, but they recommended switching the network on the phone to another one and then switching back to Voxi/Vodafone. That didn't actually work - can't seem to manually scan for networks their either - but switching my APN settings out and then back in again does bring the connection back.

    This is the only geographical area where I've found anything remotely like this problem - elsewhere, I've really noticed no difference since I moved from Vodafone to Voxi, pretty decent signal everywhere.

    The APN workaround means I can live with this issue - and I'm only in this area for a short while each day anyway to pick my wife up in our car -but the mystery of it is driving me a little crazy!

    Can anyone explain this? The only thing I can think of is it that perhaops Voxi customers are treated as second class citizens on the network and Vodafone customers get priority - and perhaps the local cell tower is particularly overloaded for some reason (there's a big Scottish Power building nearby - perhaps they're corporate customers of Vodafone?)

    Any theories or suggestions for a more satisfactory long term fix very welcome - but as I said, this is mostly just to satisfy my curiosity as to what is going on! Any mobile network experts out there who can shed any light on this?

    submitted by /u/Pyrrhichios
    [link] [comments]

    VPN Changing Local User password?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 05:20 PM PDT

    Backstory: I work in IT for a small non profit but I am definitely not as educated in IT as I should be for this position. We have a domain that we connect to at work. Recently, we've been having trouble with our Sonicwall VPN in general, right after we upgraded the firmware. We can't get to the appropriate files on the work network even though the VPN does successfully create a connection. Recently, when I was tinkering with it at home, I was locked out of my profile on the computer (WIN10 PRO). I type my password dozens of times a day, so I know the password. I randomly tried using the password I have for my Sonicwall profile, and boom, I was in. Why would my vpn connection to work be changing my user account password on the computer?

    submitted by /u/Rawbeenhood
    [link] [comments]

    Hitching and Stuttering audio and video

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 05:01 PM PDT

    I recently (two months ago) built a PC! was very happy and loved it. The past week I started experiencing some stuttering and hitching while watching video and playing games. this happened very suddenly. I updated drivers I've played around with tons of different solutions and ideas. researched online and I still am having this issue. I'm just stumped.

    submitted by /u/Contast11
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel