• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Tuesday, August 6, 2019

    phone recomendation for sprint US Android Help

    phone recomendation for sprint US Android Help


    phone recomendation for sprint US

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 04:29 PM PDT

    I currently have a samsung j3 which no longer reads from sd card and is giving me many problems. i am looking to replace it.

    hardware:

    • headphone jack

    • small (my ideal size was the palm pre at 3.5 but being realistic i dont want to go over 5.5 inches)

    • decent camera, good at taking readable pictures of text

    • easy to root, install custom rom

    i dont want to go above $250, i am willing to buy used.

    software usage is

    • sms / whatsapp

    • chromecast remote for netflix, youtube

    thank you for you help.

    submitted by /u/timurhasan
    [link] [comments]

    Video player that can increase brightness ?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 09:15 PM PDT

    Was wondering if anyone knew of a video player that has an option to increase the brightness, contrast etc ? I have an app from the Chromestore that works great for online videos but not for offline streaming.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/babygorilla90
    [link] [comments]

    Home screen duplicate ghosting issue

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 08:42 PM PDT

    Has anyone encountered this before?

    Im asking for someone else, but their top portion of their screen is being duplicated on the bottom, it appears to update with the top, see pictures:

    https://m.imgur.com/a/KBYNvfl

    Any tips appreciated, thanks!!

    submitted by /u/brettbundha
    [link] [comments]

    Straight Talk problems

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 08:29 PM PDT

    Last year I got a LG Aristo 2 from MetroPCS with 1 month of service, it expired and so I got Straight Talk. I bought the SIM card kit from Walmart and I got a plan for it. I put the SIM for T-Mobile phones in, and I unlocked the phone using the MetroPCS app, and then I managed to activate the service on Straight Talk's website

    At home I can't make any calls, it just says "emergency calls only" and texts fail to send. My sister also has Straight Talk and she can make calls just fine at the house. It says the service is unavailable. When I'm out of my house (e.g at the store) I can make calls fine.

    I tried removing the SIM card, same thing.

    submitted by /u/kyle2000tv
    [link] [comments]

    Can I set my phone to always USB file transfer when connected to my car?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 08:21 PM PDT

    I often have to select the USB connection in order to load android auto. It's annoying.

    submitted by /u/Slevinkellevra710
    [link] [comments]

    How to get removable storage pull down notification back?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 08:05 PM PDT

    I've accidentally swiped away my external storage notification that popped up when inserting a flash drive and can't figure out how to get it back . It's really a pain to have to go through everything to unmount it without the notification. Using a Note 8 with some version of Pie if it matters.

    submitted by /u/-alanthegreat-
    [link] [comments]

    Galaxy S9+ opens random web sites

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 07:58 PM PDT

    The last few weeks my android has been opening 'sport-news.icu' and similar pages. I can be using Chrome, I can be using reddit, I can be using outlook, or doing nothing and it will open up the pages. I hadn't installed anything around the time it started. I've cleared all of the data and the cache from Chrome and that hasn't helped.

    Any one seen this or have ideas? Malwarebytes and Norton haven't helped either.

    submitted by /u/1971deadhead
    [link] [comments]

    [Moto G6, unlocked, 8.0.0] Couple of questions.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 05:27 PM PDT

    I'm wondering how I can make notifications for certain apps stay at the top of the, err, drawer, I think it's called. Specifically, audio players. When I'm using an audio player, I'd like the notification for it to stay stuck to the top, but I find myself frequently having to scroll halfway down to get to it.

    Secondly, I don't want to update to 9.0, but I keep getting an intrusive pop-up notification to do just that. Is there a way to make this pop-up notification go away permanently?

    Edit: Okay I just remembered another question. I really really liked the keyboard on my old Nokia Lumia 635 of whatever it was. Not even the keyboard specifically, but the predictive typing and autocorrect were actually good, and in comparison the one on Android is utter ass. Is there a way to get the same thing on Android? I know this one's a long shot, but I figured I'd ask.

    submitted by /u/PikpikTurnip
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung note 8 double status bar

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 03:31 PM PDT

    I have a Samsung note 8 and every time I get a message from any notifications the status bar at the top of the screen gets doubled and slightly shifted e.g.

    https://imgur.com/b749qGh

    Seems to have only started happening after the latest update,

    https://imgur.com/WbHZZAC

    If anyone has any idea what's going on, it's getting quite annoying.

    submitted by /u/Radioactive_Beard
    [link] [comments]

    Do all android devices do this?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 05:04 PM PDT

    I have a Redmi phone with MIUI.
    If you press the lock screen button by accident during a call you have to unlock the phone, tap the narrow green stripe at the top to bring up the call then press the red button to hang up.
    It's really frustrating, so I'm wondering if I'll face the same problem if I get a different phone. This MIUI seems pretty garbage.

    submitted by /u/2234234324
    [link] [comments]

    Pairing Sony SW 3 with Phone makes Phones App Store think it's a Watch

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 05:04 PM PDT

    Facebook Messenger delaying sent messages

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 10:55 PM PDT

    I encountered this problem earlier today where out of nowhere my messages on Facebook Messenger take up to five minutes to send out. From what I can tell receiving messages is much quicker. I was a few minutes away from home so I figured I would wait for my WiFi to kick in but the same thing keeps going on. After some time I noticed some other performance problems, like opening the app and non-cached items taking forever to load. I'm not sure if I've toggled a setting or something but I've gone through all the battery and data restrictions within the app and within my system settings and can't find anything off. What makes me think it's a setting issue is that shortly before this happened, my phone was in my pocket and was receiving random screen presses - but I'm not sure what could have changed.

    I'm on a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S

    I'm on T-Mobile in USA

    I've tried reinstalling the app twice, clearing cache and leftover data

    I've tried restarting my phone

    Thinking it was the Facebook servers, I downloaded Messenger Lite but to my surprise that is working completely fine, missing many features though so this is not a long term solution for me

    Only the Messenger app is having this performance problem

    Let me know if other info is needed, thanks. Honestly stumped with this one and not sure how to even troubleshoot.

    submitted by /u/hello_vault
    [link] [comments]

    Questions About Game APKs

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 07:08 PM PDT

    I want to install an online game app however it will not be released in my country so I'm forced to install it as an apk.

    Its free aswell so what I'm doing isn't illegal and the reason it isn't being released is because of the poor target market.

    My questions are;

    1) If I install an apk can I still update it through the play store?

    2) Since it's an online game will it be on the same servers as the countries in which it is available?

    submitted by /u/Black_Asterix
    [link] [comments]

    [Huawei P20 Lite, unrooted, EMUI 9.1.0] Bluetooth earphones/controller issues since (probably) Android 9 update

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 06:58 PM PDT

    I'm trying to play a game using wireless xbox one controller while using QCY T1C Bluetooth earphones on my phone. Now few months ago, when the phone was on Android 8, I remember I played with no issues, sound and controller both worked as they should.

    Now when I connect both devices and sound happens to work - the controller is nigh unusable, input delay, phone thinking I'm holding the button even though I just pressed it briefly, or some inputs don't go through at all. When the sound doesn't work however, the controller works flawlessly.

    I put "probably" in the title as the update to 9 Pie was the only major thing that happened to the phone since then.

    I should also mention this happens in every game and out of games as well.

    submitted by /u/LarsikFtw
    [link] [comments]

    New to Android.... I have a Samsun A30 and when I take photos they appear rightside up in google photos but when I send them on what app to my family they are upside down. Any Idea how to fix this?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 06:52 PM PDT

    Secondly.... In the default camera app there are two on screen buttons overlapping for taking a photo. Obviously a glitch. Is there a way to fix this?

    Edit Fixed the camera issue by resetting the camera settings.

    submitted by /u/Christiphis
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to block cookie warnings on Chrome for Android?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 02:35 AM PDT

    They're pissing me off, every time I try to read an article the page is swallowed by some "WE VALUE YOUR FUCKING PRIVACY" bullshit.

    submitted by /u/MarcXJF
    [link] [comments]

    How should I format a new, high speed, 256 GB SD Card? Is there a way to use part of it as internal and part as external?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 03:51 PM PDT

    Moto G7 Power. 32 GB internal memory. Android Pie.

    I'm really not clear on what my options are and the implications of each option.

    My phone filled up with games and videos, so I went out and bought a high speed ("type 1" I think) SD card. Is it good enough to just format it as internal and I'm good to go? I could use that to add new apps to my heart's delight, take videos, etc, with the only drawback that I cannot use it to take out and transfer files to a computer?

    Or should I perhaps, if possible, format it part internal part external so I can have the ability of using it as file transfer as well? Is that even possible? (I think I read this is possible with some special command, perhaps it was using a unix shell.)

    Or should I format it as all external, and use some kind of trick to be able to load apps onto an external SD card?

    submitted by /u/QuestionerAnswerer
    [link] [comments]

    Can we retrieve the recently deleted Facebook messenger conversations

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 01:59 PM PDT

    Can we retrieve the recently deleted Facebook messenger conversations ? Thanks

    submitted by /u/MNC95
    [link] [comments]

    System data @22 gb. How do I clear this?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 12:03 PM PDT

    The more I delete the more it grows it seems... What's the best way to fix this?

    submitted by /u/sqygrene
    [link] [comments]

    New to android - why do my notifications seem to be cut off halfway? I've tried changing how they should present in the settings but no luck

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 03:35 PM PDT

    Hi all, here are some screenshots:

    https://i.imgur.com/8BuNpLk.jpg

    https://i.imgur.com/LTlS4WE.jpg

    Happy to provide any additional info needed to diagnose.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/F73h
    [link] [comments]

    Verizon question

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 06:42 PM PDT

    Long story short, smashed my contract phone and wanting to just put my sim in another phone. Verizon customer service told me if I put in a prepaid type it would automatically brick my account. What does this mean and is it even true? Any help appreciated.

    submitted by /u/swampdonkey409
    [link] [comments]

    Can't get links to open in duckduckgo browser

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 06:41 PM PDT

    So recently I switched from chrome to duckduckgo but there's an issue. Whenever I click any link from the youtube app it can't open it in duckduckgo. When the screen pops up on what app you want to open the link in duckduckgo isn't there. What to do?

    submitted by /u/Poseidon_05
    [link] [comments]

    Apps keep crashing

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 09:28 AM PDT

    Hi there I dont know if this is where I post this but it really helps me out. My uncle's android phone(Samsung J7 prime) app such as Facebook messenger keeps crashing I have tried clearing cache and memory that did not help I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but again no help. So far my only option is factory reset but that is my last resort as I don't want him to lose stuff. Is there anything else I can do before I factory reset

    edit: Thanks for the help guys

    submitted by /u/rekosin1
    [link] [comments]

    How do I stop a 34-day old message from Google system that keeps telling me about a thunderstorm we had over a month ago?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 08:21 AM PDT

    Every time I restart my phone, this message keeps reappearing. I don't want to tell all of Google system to stop sending me notifications, and no other notifications keep reoccurring. It's just this one about a storm.

    I wish I could post a photo to show you what I'm talking about...

    submitted by /u/samep04
    [link] [comments]

    Media is Slightly Pixilated

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 04:12 PM PDT

    Ever since my phone updated to Android 9.0, almost all media when I'm browsing online is slightly pixalated. I thought it was just Twitter at first, but I've noticed it's also Reddit. It seems to be mostly ok when I'm just browsing pages on Chrome.

    Im wondering if there was a setting added to save data or something, and where I might find that. Because it's rather irritating.

    I have an Asus Zenfone 5q.

    submitted by /u/serendipity127
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel