• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, August 4, 2019

    My 60GB C drive SSD is full. Can I simply buy a new 250GB SSD, clone the 60GB to that, plug in the new 250GB SSD, and I'm fine? Tech Support

    My 60GB C drive SSD is full. Can I simply buy a new 250GB SSD, clone the 60GB to that, plug in the new 250GB SSD, and I'm fine? Tech Support


    My 60GB C drive SSD is full. Can I simply buy a new 250GB SSD, clone the 60GB to that, plug in the new 250GB SSD, and I'm fine?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 06:03 AM PDT

    Been dealing with a constantly-almost-full C drive SSD for years now and it looks like I have finally reached the point where there is simply nothing else I can uninstall from my C drive in order to create space. Every time I google something like this, I get a lot of conflicting information. I am hoping--like everyone, I am sure--for a simple fix. Clone and replace. Can it be that simple or are there some parts to this that I am missing?

    Thank you for the help. I am kind of a scrub.

    EDIT: Closing for now as I have some great solutions provided. I will update to SOLVED if I am successful. Thanks a lot to all of you regardless!

    submitted by /u/Pinkieus-Pieacus
    [link] [comments]

    Need a backup program that's similar to how Apple Time Machine works for PC?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 08:39 PM PDT

    I have a Mac and love how wonderful Time Machine works. Make periodic backups, if something screws up on my main drive, I can load TM and revert to an older backup, and everything reverts. System Restore doesn't work nearly as well on PC.

    I'm looking for a program that can do the same thing. I will be installing a 3rd drive in my newly built Windows 10 PC and want to dedicate the 3rd drive as a backup drive that Windows 10 and whatever backup software can use as a "Time Machine" style backup disk to make periodic backups. Is there any program like this, or do I just need to clone my main drive and use that?

    submitted by /u/djxpress
    [link] [comments]

    Mouse doesn't work anymore. Driver error.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 01:56 AM PDT

    Copy and pasting this from my r/windows post:

    So like the title said. I accidentally selected sleep instead on shut down last night and the next day mouse didn't work. Turns out there is a driver error. I unplugged the mouse and deleted the drivers before plugging it back in and it just corrupted the new drivers. Is there anything I can do to fix it. I am have tried two different wired USB mice.

    Issue seems to be with something called hid compliant mouse in the devices manager. This is the exact wording of the device status:

    Windows cannot load the device driver for the hardware. The driver may be missing or corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

    {Bad File} The attributes of the specified mapping file for a section of memory cannot be read.

    That was the exact wording. Attempts to find anything on this only lead me to a dead end Microsoft support post.

    submitted by /u/Rick_Locker
    [link] [comments]

    RAM or HDD/SSD broken?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 02:51 AM PDT

    I think my ram is broken. I've been getting random restarts for last couple of months usually it happens whenever I turn my computer on and once it boots up to desktop I would open google or open steam and it would restart. After the restart it would run ok no problems not until now when I got a BSOD saying BAD_POOL_HEADER. I looked it up and it says it could be ram, hdd/ssd, corrupted files, incompatible drivers, damaged windows registry entries, viruses. Well I can confirm that I have no incompatible drivers, damaged windows entries, and viruses since I only use my computer for photo editing, facebook, youtube and play a bit of games from steam. This my setup

    • Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit
    • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz
    • RAM: Corsair LPX 16gb (2x8) DDR4 2400
    • Motherboard: MSI H170 GAMING M3
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (MSI)
    • Storage: 111GB INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 (SSD) & 931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1SB10C (SATA)

    If my ram, hdd, or ssd broke can you guys recommend me a replacement I don't need something fancy with those weird rgb preferably like hyperx ram or other brands will do.

    Thank you for the response :D

    submitted by /u/JKV_403
    [link] [comments]

    Gaming laptop problems

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 11:44 PM PDT

    Hp pavilion gaming laptop NVIDIA GeForce gtx1050ti 4GB GDDR5; 8GB DDR4 ram; Intel I5 7300HQ quad core 2,50Ghz. This is my gaming laptop configuration, its supposed to be gaming, but Im having problem with low fps and stuttering in games. I tried couple of YouTube videos explaining how to improve it, but it doesn't seem to help me. My drivers are updated (via geforce expirience app) and I have that lap stand/cooler for laptops, and the temps on high usage go around 80-85°C. Its one year old laptop. What can I do to improve the overall performance?

    submitted by /u/keky89
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an easier way to check how large files are in folders besides manually clicking into them all?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 09:53 PM PDT

    Somehow my C drive is close to full. I rarely download stuff and play the same game (it does not download anything while playing) all the time. I have no idea how but 929 GB of space is coming up to full. I have no idea what's taking up so much space and no sure where to look so hoping for an easier solution than manually clicking each folder

    Note: This isn't a sudden thing. It's slowly been feeling for years

    submitted by /u/LordPotatoHead
    [link] [comments]

    Just a bit confused on choosing an SSD

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 08:07 PM PDT

    Hey all ive only ever used 2.5in SATA SSDs so I just need some help identifying what m.2 suits my mobo.

    Motherboard: Z370-A https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/PRIME-Z370-A/

    It says:

    • Next-gen connectivity: Supreme flexibility with Intel Optane memory ready, Thunderbolt 3 and dual M.2 support

    I'm just not sure what style suits...

    This? or This Style? Both are M.2 but the connection differs.

    I found this article: https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/asus-prime-z370-a-review,21.html

    It seems like he's using the first style I mentioned, I am really just not sure and don't want to waste the time and money only being 90% sure.

    Many Thanks

    submitted by /u/Venome456
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot get more than 5 fps in any game

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 11:06 PM PDT

    I have been having this problem since I updated my PC to a Ryzen 7 3700X. Randomly when I boot up my PC and try to play a game, I cannot get more than 5 fps in any game I try. Things at the desktop are working just fine, and I am seeing my monitors 165Hz refresh rate. YouTube will work just fine with GPU decoding, and so will every other webpage. I have tried updating my drivers after using DDU and reseating my GPU and RAM. Temps are not an issue, as HWMonitor shows them at around 40C on both CPU and GPU when I start the game. The weirdest thing is that it is happening completely randomly. Just earlier today I was gaming just fine, but I rebooted,, and then 5 fps in everything (literally every game shows EXACTLY 5 fps). Does anyone have a solution?

    submitted by /u/Windows_Tech_Support
    [link] [comments]

    Upper right corner of IPhone 6S+ screen dark.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 01:32 AM PDT

    So I've noticed recently that the upper right hand corner of my iPhone 6s+ has gone extremely dark. It goes away every now and then but pops up when I press the off button or mess with the volume. Anyone have the same issue or know what's wrong?

    submitted by /u/J_jmc
    [link] [comments]

    Terrible FPS on every game I play. Got a new gpu with no improvement and I'm lost on what to do.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 10:32 PM PDT

    My GPU is a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Ti, my processor is a AMD Anthlon X4 860K quad core processor 3,70 Ghz, and I got 8 gb of Ram. Thought replacing the gpu would improve the fps but it hasn't made any impact. I'm hoping it's a hardware issue but you tell me.

    submitted by /u/Kronk96
    [link] [comments]

    My Download Speeds are Severely Limited

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 09:27 PM PDT

    I've had an issue for years with my download speeds severely under-performing. My household has ~40mbps internet, but whenever I'm downloading files it maxes out at 4-6mbps, it doesn't matter if it's Steam, Origin, Chrome, Firefox, etc. My Xbox gets 30mbps download speeds on the regular, but my PC can never even get close to these speeds. The only difference between my PC and the Xbox (besides the system) is the Ethernet cable, however, the Xbox uses a cat5, not a cat5e like my PC. Besides the cat5 vs. cat5e cable type the length of the cable is the main difference, whereas the Xbox cable is about ~5 feet long my PC cable is closer 25-30 feet long. My PC is mid-range ($1100) and it's only about 2 years old. Speedtests on my PC yield up to 40mpb/s speeds and task manager reports that I am receiving 40mpbs in performance, however this is simply not happening in applications. Does anyone have any ideas?

    submitted by /u/loki6793
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox loses internet connection when PC on

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 09:24 PM PDT

    When my PC is on and I turn my Xbox on it won't connect to the internet. I will hard restart Xbox but it still won't connect. When I restart my router both Xbox and PC work fine. No other device has issues.

    submitted by /u/TonyJabroni94
    [link] [comments]

    RX 580 Pulse throttles (non thermal related)

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 02:16 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    my Sapphire RX580 Pulse has just started throttling in all games with modern graphics.

    I have the clock at 1400 Mhz with 1115mV and it hovers around 1370-1380 and sometimes drops to 1280-1320.

    It has not done this last time I checked. I noticed because I had FPS drops in Battlefield 1.

    I have put the card in my brothers PC and it worked fine with no throttling. So it is probably software related, but I did not change anything since when it worked.

    I have the newest optional radeon version 19.7.5..

    What I tired to do to fix it is: uninstall drivers, reinstall drivers, uninstall with DDU and reinstall again... nothing is working.

    I have no other software for overclocking on my PC. The temps are 65° while gaming with fan speed at 1500 rpm. Power limit is at +25%. Resetting wattman does not solve the issue, then it just throttles at the lower clock.

    Does anyone know what might be the problem?

    Thank you,

    submitted by /u/Craven88
    [link] [comments]

    My SSD is my primary disk. How do i make it secondary?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 02:10 AM PDT

    It's got all the programs folders and so on. I'd like to make my HDD my main.

    submitted by /u/Gharib96
    [link] [comments]

    New PC build won't boot; not even to BIOS

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 08:12 PM PDT

    I build a new gaming PC, and after I figured I was finished with everything in its building process, I turned it on and I get no response on the display. The tower's fans start running, the CPU fan runs, the motherboard and the RAM's LEDs start lighting up, but I get no reaction on the monitor. The first time I turned it on, it looked like the computer started, turned itself off, and turned itself back on a second later. I've confirmed the monitor is not a problem after having it work for my laptop.

    How do I troubleshoot this? :(

    Motherboard - MSI Z390 Pro Carbon AC

    CPU - i7 8700k

    RAM - 16GB G. Skill Trident

    GPU - RTX 2080, MSI

    PSU - EVGA G3 750W

    SSD - Samsung evo 950 500GB

    HDD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB

    SOLUTION Started getting action on the monitor once I connected the DP to the GPU's port rather than the motherboard's... whoda thunk

    submitted by /u/Pianohombre
    [link] [comments]

    Ok so quick bruh moment right now regarding my wallpaper for my lg stylo 4

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 02:04 AM PDT

    Whenever i set a custom wallpaper or even the the default one, randomly after i shut off and re open the phone, the wallaper will be super off centered and very zoomed in, but when i first set it up its perfectly fine, and if i ignore it and leave it be, it will fix itself for about 2 days or so then going back to the messed up display. Im not sure if theres a cycle setting for the wallapers im missing but it does happen randomly. Anyway i just want to get this fixed as it can be annoying and wierd sometimes. Thanks

    submitted by /u/PepeTheGod42
    [link] [comments]

    Computer/games crash when running at 144hz

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 11:12 PM PDT

    Hola squad I've recently encountered quite the conundrum with my Desktop Computer. I purchased a 144hz monitor a few weeks back and my computer ran fine with it but a few days ago it started crashing when running games at 144hz as well as 120hz but not at 60hz. So far I have tried updating my drivers, rolling back my drivers, updating ram, changing graphics card slot, changing display port cable, updating PSU, and finally reinstalling windows. But no matter what my games crash within minutes of launch. Please help, looking for a friend.

    submitted by /u/Jrmanu
    [link] [comments]

    Charge a dead ups battery with smps?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 01:19 AM PDT

    Has anybody tired charging a dead ups battery (12v-7A) with smps 12v power rail?
    if yes: how did you figure out which cable strand is 12v and ground?

    is it workable to just stick the cables in required slots and charge a ups battery bringing back to life?

    submitted by /u/pattagobi
    [link] [comments]

    Port forwarding issues with wi-fi extender

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 09:15 PM PDT

    Hi everyone.

    So I'm trying to set up port forwarding to get a minecraft server for a group of my friends. I've discovered that the wifi extender is causing an issue and I'm not sure how to fix it.

    In my modem, if I set my destination IP to my computer's IPv4 address (10.1.1.55) it automatically changes it to my extender's IPv4 address (10.1.1.219). I've logged into my wifi extender and found nothing on port forwarding there.

    However, I was able to log into it and set a static IP and change the IPv4 to my computer's address (10.1.1.55). This fixed the server and allowed my friends to join, but upon restarting the server it was no longer working. This then made it impossible to log into my extender from my PC, but I was able to do so with my phone to restore the settings.

    Any ideas on how to allow my port forwarding to work more permanently?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/PhannyTwoShoes
    [link] [comments]

    My AOC U2790VQ 27" decided to glitch today. I'm guessing RMA is my only option?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 12:38 AM PDT

    I've never had trouble with AOC, and then my 4k monitor starts doing this no matter the component type or source. https://i.imgur.com/653nIiq.jpg I just bought it on Amazon on May 18th, so I guess AOC is getting this one back. Unless there is something I'm overlooking as to how I can fix this myself. It hasn't been dropped, it has just been sitting on my desk as my daily driver and now this...

    submitted by /u/BoneGolem2
    [link] [comments]

    Winrar files can't be deleted? How do I remove them?!

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 08:47 PM PDT

    I have a lot of Winrar files from old programs and stuff I've downloaded, but I already extracted the files so I no longer need the Winrar icon folder thing. However, I can't drag it to the recycle bin and there is no delete option in a right click? I even tried "shredding" with the McAfee protection thing that came with my computer, but the files are still there and only say "cannot open."

    submitted by /u/andiooops
    [link] [comments]

    Computer has virus HKU/S-1-5-21 HKLM/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT...

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 10:11 PM PDT

    Now, I don't know much about computers. I tried to download something and it directed me to the website gloyah.net. It ended up downloading programs like IdledBuddy and WinZip Registry Optimizer. It also changed my browser from google chrome to yahoo. I have malwarebytes and it removed most of this virus, but I want to make sure it's completely gone. I did some research on the virus and tried to follow a tutorial, but didn't get far. Any tips on how to completely remove this virus?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/WarlesssOG
    [link] [comments]

    Powerline adapter choice with a 1 Gigabits optical fibre Internet contract

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 03:45 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I need advices for my powerline adapter choice. I'm interested by Netgear adapters.

    I have a Gigabits Internet contract so I need at least 1000 Mbps powerline adapters. I have looked for these 2 adapters 1200 Mbps and 2000 Mbps.

    First of all what real speed can we expect with 1200 or 2000 Mbps adapters (by supposing that I don't have any speed limit, that I have an infinite Internet speed) ?

    Then I see in the tech specs that they write « Powerline Performance 2 000 Mbit/s » but just below « Two 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports ». What should we understand ? Theoretically the adapter can reach 1000 or 2000 Mbps ? There are 2 Ethernet ports so each port get 1000 Mbps, no ? However there is only 1 Ethernet port for the 1200 and they still write « Powerline Performance 1 200 Mbit/s » and « One 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet port on each adapter » so at the end, can this adapter send 1000 or 1200 Mbps via one port ?

    That's all thank you for your help :)

    submitted by /u/PercevalLeGallois
    [link] [comments]

    Ram Working fine in windows but crashes in games.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 03:44 AM PDT

    so i have been using the same pc for about 2 years specs are r7 1700 and gtx 1080 16gb ram. so now you know that i have recently getting a lot of blue screens due the one of my 8gb ram sticks so i took it out and its fine however i tried putting it back in and taking out the good one to test it and using it in widows its completely fine with chrome and other apps but soon as i game it blue screens so im not sure whats up with it. i also ram a memtest64 test and it spat back a ton of errors ill include a picture if that means anything to you thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/ImCraven
    [link] [comments]

    Cant install GtaV anymore on PC

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 11:50 PM PDT

    hi guys,

    so story short my gtaV wont launch anymore so ive uninstall it, when i reinstall it, with the launcher downloaded on rockstarsocialclub website, it doesnt download any files and install only 30MB... then say install succesfull.

    Ive tried clean registry, make a clean desinstall with iobit uninstaller, reboot many times..

    Anyway all time i try reinstall it even on other HDD it only install 30MB of file and dont even launch...

    i think i have to reinstall windows cause something seems hardly corrupted..

    hope someone can help

    submitted by /u/bapt337
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel