• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, August 10, 2019

    Laptops Student from the Netherlands. What would you guys recommend? (Budget around €1200)

    Laptops Student from the Netherlands. What would you guys recommend? (Budget around €1200)


    Student from the Netherlands. What would you guys recommend? (Budget around €1200)

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 04:59 AM PDT

    Laptop key keeps coming off when top portion is pressed (Pics + vid included)

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 01:39 PM PDT

    Hey Reddit, I'm having a problem where if I press the top portion of my "S" key, it will get "stuck" slightly and then come off in the next press (both the keycap and the hinge). Is the hinge broken? How do I fix this?

    Pic of key in "stuck" position:

    https://i.imgur.com/WWEGIuS.jpg

    Pic of front/back side of keycap + hinge:

    https://i.imgur.com/UAkBWUh.jpg

    https://i.imgur.com/9LEYzST.jpg

    Vid of keycap + hinge getting stuck & coming off:

    https://gfycat.com/elaboratescratchybrant

    submitted by /u/PlanetNoob
    [link] [comments]

    Is the HP Pavilion 15 worth it/good ?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 01:33 PM PDT

    Hello, I'm going to be an IT student this fall on 2 September.

    So for my school, I need to buy a laptop and this is the first time for me. but I was considering buying the HP pavilion 15

    I will list the specs below and the link

    CPU: i7 8565u

    GPU: MX250

    Ram: 16GB (1 slot)

    Storage: 512GB SSD

    Battery: 41WH 3 cells

    Screen: 15.6 inch IPS matte screen

    Price: 949,-

    Link: HP Pavilion 15

    The Specs that my school requires are:

    CPU: i5/i7 or similar AMD variant

    Ram: 8GB but recommends 16GB

    Storage: 256 storage preferably SSD

    Wifi: 802.11AC wifi or N/G versions.

    Thank you for reading.

    submitted by /u/Maijie
    [link] [comments]

    Users of the Thinkpad X1 carbon 7th gen (1080p) and Dell XPS 9380 (1080p), how long does the battery last when doing light web browsing?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 12:52 PM PDT

    What laptop should I buy?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 08:48 AM PDT

    Total budget and country of purchase: 20 000 sek/ 2089$ / £1722, Sweden

    Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. Good battery life but I do want good specifications.

    How important is weight and thinness to you? Well I'm looking for a computer that I can carry around when I'm studying but it isn't the biggest problem ever.

    Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Mac or Windows.

    Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. 13" minimum

    Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. I want to be able to play certain games on it, mostly Football Manager and maybe Rocket League. I would also like to have a computer that can run certain creative programs as I want to start playing around with photo editing and graphic design, let's say some adobe programs.

    Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? I want a computer with good build quality as I want the laptop that I buy to be my main computer for many years, I would like to have it for at least 4 or 5 years.

    Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. I have researched a bit prior to this post and there are a few laptops on my mind at the moment. MacBook Pro 13" 2019, Dell XPS 13, Huawei MateBook and Lenovo ThinkPad. I'm open for new suggestions but these are the 4 ones that have caught my interest the most. To summarize: I'm ready to pay quite a bit as I want a laptop that can handle some games and editing/graphic designing programs, and one that doesn't die on me to fast, one that I can use for many years.

    submitted by /u/juicynuts
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop Recommendations For Engineering Student

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 08:38 AM PDT

    Hello everyone, I am looking for a laptop for this upcoming semester. Primarily my schoolwork involves documentation which basically anything can do. But I will also be running MATLAB simulations, with the occasional video and photo editing in adobe applications. I also want to get started in coding but that is secondary. I would like something thin and light with enough battery to last me through a 5 hour school day at least. SSD storage is a must preferably above 256gb, at least 8gb ram, and a 8th gen i5. My budget is around 700 which I realize is not a lot for my specs, but any help would be appreciated. Also I would like a screen with low bezels as I will likely keep this laptop for a few years. Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/Jrbeepboxer
    [link] [comments]

    Does this Laptop (Inspiron 15) have good Battery life? Help Finding Laptop for University

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 12:19 PM PDT

    Hello, been looking for a good laptop for a while now and found this sale. Everything looks good, I dont expect to do much gaming just play Minecraft once in a while but I dont want it to be slow or die on me while im in class.

    So can anyone tell me or estimate how long this battery lasts, I need a laptop that lasts about 7 hours or so, my university doesnt have a whole lot of outlets. Also if its gonna be slow or not in terms of processing. Thank you for any info!

    submitted by /u/HormoneBounce
    [link] [comments]

    Windows alternatives to the new Macbook air?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 08:27 AM PDT

    I'm looking for a thin and light laptop. I have an XPS to do the heavy lifting whenever I need to do more cpu and gpu intensive tasks but I want something else for watching videos, typing out papers, etc. (so things that dont require a 6 core cpu and 1050ti) and also light enough to take to class. The macbook air seems perfect for my situation since it has a high resolution display but the 256Gb model will end up costing me over $1500 with apple care, which at that point, I'd rather buy a low end macbook pro for $1700. So I need a pc equivalent that has at least 250 Gb of storage (or can be swapped out for an aftermarket nvme drive) and a 4k display. 15 inches is preferable but I can live with 13. Also, I'd like something with comparable build quality. I don't like laptops that flex or are made completely out of plastic. Best options ~$1300 or under?

    submitted by /u/RegisterFlexOffender
    [link] [comments]

    Gaming and high school... I will take any help; budget 1300$ CAD (1000$USD/865€)

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 12:07 PM PDT

    I will be playing games like fortnite on low settings possibly, or play games with friends... I have a battle station at home so I don't need it to be powerful or even be good at gaming as long as it has good battery and a good display. I also want it to have thin bevels if possible, I'm not picky... Idk if there are any higher than 60hz displays with good screens, if so I can save up more...

    [Also new to reddit so don't know if I'm doing this wrong and this is the wrong page.]

    submitted by /u/dermouche
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung 860 EVO or Crucial MX500?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 12:04 PM PDT

    I'm looking to get a 1TB M.2 SATA SSD for my last remaining slot in my laptop. (Doesn't support NVMe) Now i read somewhere that the crucial isn't as trustworthy so i thought i'd just ask it here.

    Both of them are 1TB. The crucial is €128 and the Samsung is €165. Which of these two do you think is best/most durable?

    submitted by /u/DrLobaLoba
    [link] [comments]

    HP envy clarification problem.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 11:51 AM PDT

    I want to buy the HP envy 13-aq0000na, but it is listed with Intel's 620 integrated graphics card (in Microsoft store). From what I've seen in reviews, this laptop supposed to come with Nvidia's mx-250 dedicated gpu. Anyone knows whats going on?

    link from ms store: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/hp-envy-13-aq0003na-laptop/8w6v1v9nx3vw?activetab=pivot:techspecstab listed with i-620

    link from an English website which can not ship to my country: https://www.johnlewis.com/hp-envy-13-13-aq0000na-laptop-intel-i5-processor-8gb-256gb-ssd-13-3-full-hd-natural-silver/p4209590?sku=238183017&s_afcid=af_158752&tmad=c&awc=1203_1565462868_1ef5762f84317f92fc9294bce3a1e897&tmcampid=48 listed with mx250

    link from a review: https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/review/laptops/hp-envy-13-2019-3699778/ listed with mx250 (all 3 models)

    submitted by /u/ChaMiller911
    [link] [comments]

    Acer laptop wont turn on

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 11:39 AM PDT

    I just found my old laptop from 2012 its a acer aspire M5-581T(G) It has windows 8 and i plugged in the ac cord and i let it charge for 30 minutes when i came back to try to start it it wont start i pressed the power button multiple times but nothing happens

    submitted by /u/Aheadclover
    [link] [comments]

    Dell G7 15 running hot normal?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 10:29 AM PDT

    6 months ago got this gaming laptop that's a i7 8750 processor with nvidia 1060 card. I noticed yesterday with my CoreTemp running that sometimes max temp did hit 100. I contacted Dell and they mentioned sending a return box for repairs to cooling.

    I undervolted by .120 and set processor speed to 3.3 from 4.0 and would max at 83C while gaming and that's even with the cooling pad on the bottom which has 3 fans.

    This laptop known to run hot or think its actually something Dell can improve if I send it in?

    I watch a YouTube video to taking this model apart to redo thermal paste and adding new cooler from Dell but it's a PITA

    submitted by /u/Emailkook
    [link] [comments]

    Need help deciding on a laptop HP Envy 17 or LG Gram 17

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 10:17 AM PDT

    I can get the LG Gram 17 for $1150 right now at Costco. So that makes them close to equal on cost. Which is better overall?

    submitted by /u/millede74
    [link] [comments]

    Will Gigabyte be updating the Aero 14 line any soon or is it dead?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 09:47 AM PDT

    I would like to see an Aero 14 but with a 1660 or 1660ti instead of a 1050ti. I dislike 15.6" laptops, and even then, I dislike the Aero 15's new hinge design. Any word on Gigabyte refreshing the Aero 14?

    submitted by /u/HereComesPapaArima
    [link] [comments]

    Lenovo Y530/ GTX 1050 version for college

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 09:18 AM PDT

    I start college soon and I started looking into laptops recently.

    I'm a criminology major, so I won't have to do editing or any software stuff on my laptop.

    All I'm looking for is a decent battery life, good screen and some light gaming on my free time. ( GTAV / Dota 2/ Wow and such )

    How good is Lenovo Y530 for me? ( for 650€ ~~ 735$ )

    submitted by /u/LaFlleur
    [link] [comments]

    looking for laptop for college (650$ budget)

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 03:19 AM PDT

    Hello! I am going to Law School soon, and am looking for a laptop. I can go up to 650$. I was looking at the Huawei Matebook D, but would love any other opinions :)

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/akaDreamzy
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a good laptop for school/ gaming. Budget 1000-1500 CAD

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 09:10 AM PDT

    I'm looking for a laptop that will work for school and is easy to bring around to different places and can run games like Minecraft, rocket league, forza horizon 4, etc. My budget as it says in the title is 1000-1500 CAD. My parents are buying me the laptop and said that they would only pay up to 1000 but I can use some of my own money as well if the laptop is a bit more than 1000. If you have any suggestions, they are greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Captain_Carnar
    [link] [comments]

    What laptop should my Gf buy?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 08:51 AM PDT

    My SO is looking for a new laptop, she doesn't need anything beefy. As cheap as possible while reaching the requirements below, we'll probably buy a used one.

    She likes to play CS:GO but does definitely not need to be at higher specs since she plays for fun and isn't very good. She edits alot, both pictures and video so it needs to handle that.

    But one very important aspect for her is the looks, currently she really likes the look of ASUS zenbook 14 and generally the look of Apple computers. The os is preferably Windows.

    Thanks in advance. Hope you have any suggestions.

    submitted by /u/DANK_DAVE_YT
    [link] [comments]

    Finally saved up to $1200 for a laptop and was looking for something good for school and casual gaming. Any advice is helpful!

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 07:45 AM PDT

    Laptop's keyboard keys can't register input

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 07:20 AM PDT

    So, one morning I woke up to a section of my keyboard keys not functioning no more. Most of them are of the middle alphabet row and also the enter key. Just puzzled as to why the sudden malfunction of the keys over the course of a single night. I've tried reinstalling the PS/2 drivers for it to no avail. Need suggestions as how to move on from this. I've been considering getting a new keyboard for it (the stand-alone one and not the one on the keyboard). Either that or send the whole laptop to the repair shop and hope for the best. Need opinions.

    submitted by /u/Rapidstormz
    [link] [comments]

    My laptop was working perfectly fine with internet, and it suddenly stopped. Anyone have suggestions? I’ve tried connecting with Ethernet and that works fine. It’s just wireless.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 07:42 PM PDT

    Best gaming/work laptop that will last at least 5 years. budget: 500-700

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 05:48 AM PDT

    I've done some research on Lenovo, ASUS and MSI and I'm still not sure. (I'm looking for a windows 10 system) I'd be looking for a low to mid range graphics card, 6-8gb of RAM and I'm not too sure about the CPU or battery life. (I couldn't copy and paste the questionnaire for some reason.)

    submitted by /u/AdidasCap
    [link] [comments]

    Swift 3 vs E495

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 10:16 PM PDT

    I was given these two as primary suggestions for a good laptop for school and potentially light gaming. I've looked at both and wasn't really sure which to choose.

    From what I understand, the Swift 3 would have better performance gaming wise but is the difference not too large in comparison to the E495? Or are there other potential suggestions that I might be missing. I was looking for a decent laptop that for Comp Sci and light gaming (primarily FF XIV) within $800 ideally.

    submitted by /u/dirtground
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel