• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, August 5, 2019

    Laptops Rate my new Thin-and-Light

    Laptops Rate my new Thin-and-Light


    Rate my new Thin-and-Light

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 06:34 PM PDT

    Just found about these two laptops 2060 and 2070. Never heard of sager, are these laptops legit good?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 09:54 AM PDT

    Opinion on a gaming laptop in about to buy

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 10:26 AM PDT

    It's the Asus fx505 apart of the Asus tuf series, a budget line of gaming laptops. The version I want to get has 8gigs of ram, and ryzen 7 processor, gtx 1650, and 120 Hz HD monitor. It's currently listed 1,099$ CAD on amazon. Is it worth the price? It looks a little too good to be true.

    submitted by /u/Grintastic
    [link] [comments]

    Please tell me what I'm looking at? Is this the solid state drive? The laptop is a crappy hp 14-bw012nr.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 11:40 AM PDT

    Laptop for 3-D Animation and gaming for $1600?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 12:38 PM PDT

    I will be heading off to uni in September but I am still confused to what laptop I should have as this will be my laptop for the next three years so it would be helpful to know what laptops do 3-D animation students use.

    I have a budget of around $1600 and these are my current options.

    Acer Helios 300

    Asus Zephyrus S GX531

    Lenovo Legion Y7000

    Lenovo Legion Y540

    I'm kinda leaning towards the ASUS Zephyrus S as its light and portable although battery life may be a concern since it is short.

    I filled out a checklist

    • Total budget and country of purchase: $1600 USD.
    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. Something that is light and has good battery for the work it is expected to do.
    • How important is weight and thinness to you? I will be travelling a lot from hostel to campus so it needs to be easy to carry.
    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Windows.
    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. 15.6 would be perfect.
    • **Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.**Autodesk MAYA and other animation software
    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? I would be playing Destiny 2 mainly
    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? A good build quality would be quite nice. Other fancy features are not necessary
    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. It should have at least a 256-512 GB SSD. It should be portable with a good battery life.
    submitted by /u/IronManUltron
    [link] [comments]

    I5-8300H or i7-8750H

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 05:42 AM PDT

    Hello, My laptop this weekend decided to die and I am in the market for a new one. My choice is between two versions of Acer predator Helios 300. Both have a gtx1060 but one is an i5-8300H and another is i7-8750H, the difference in price is 300€. It's worth I spend more money? This will be for gaming, browsing, see videos and, word processing, and some light photoshop. But most for gaming I tend to have my laptop for about 6 or 7 years before they brake down, and this one I want it to last at least 5 years.

    submitted by /u/Imnotdeathyet
    [link] [comments]

    Which one of these two should I get?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 06:19 AM PDT

    One has a GTX 1050 4GB but the other has a GTX 1050 3GB (Mobile). But the 2nd one is equipped with 120hz display and has an SSD, but is $70 higher.

    1st Option

    2nd Option

    submitted by /u/Scouths
    [link] [comments]

    Backpack

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 12:13 PM PDT

    I want to get a 17,3" laptop and what backpacks would be nice for it!

    I'm a student.

    submitted by /u/tasdfsdfsdf
    [link] [comments]

    LincPlus P1 RAM upgrade/taredown

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 01:56 PM PDT

    I wanted to know if anyone has any videos or documentation of the LincPlus P1 being dismantled or if the RAM is upgradeable.

    submitted by /u/MadEvil_Lemon
    [link] [comments]

    I have an msi ge75 with a gtx1060 and 16gb of ram and trying to run minecraft with shaders but it doesnt get better than 15 fps is there smth i can do to increase the perfomance?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 01:03 PM PDT

    Another question, my apologies.. This is a model (hp 14-bw012nr) that doesn't have a fan. Can I install one?? And what the heck is the empty silver space for, a disc drive? There's a port as well with nothing connected to it in the top left corner of the big silver square.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 12:54 PM PDT

    Laptop charger very hot

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 12:41 PM PDT

    Hi need help I have a chuwi laptop I use it for DJING the the USB wall charger gets very hot that you can't touch it what can I do to fix this or is there another charger I or anything else I can do need help before its two late and go on fire thanks everyone

    submitted by /u/Dtoni12
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 15 inch or razer blade 15 mercury white?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 12:12 PM PDT

    Looking for a laptop that is reliable. Will last a long time and I like to game sometimes as well. These are the 2 I like a lot. Love the look and reliability on the Mac. Razer blade is such a perfect laptop and the mercury white looks soooo awesome but sketchy about the razor lottery to get a good one. Using for school, music production, and I already have a gaming PC so will only game with it if I'm at my friends house or not at home. Going back and forth looking at reviews and videos but just can't make a decision :(

    submitted by /u/Jthcong
    [link] [comments]

    Jumpstart Asus ux31a

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 12:11 PM PDT

    I've had a ux31a since 2012. It started having problems about five years ago with shutting of randomly. I fixed the problem by getting a different charger. It works great now except for one thing. If I let the battery die while the computer is sleeping, it cannot be turned back on. The only way I found to turn it back on is to open it up, disconnect the battery, and plug it in. Then I can turn it on and run through the shut-off routine. Now when I reconnect the battery it turns on just fine.

    Problem is, my little battery disconnecting trick no longer works. Is there a way to plug it in and jumpstart it somehow? Maybe some other things to try?

    Edit: added flair

    submitted by /u/stonetelescope
    [link] [comments]

    LG Gram 17 + LG 27UL850 - PD charging works perfectly

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 11:54 AM PDT

    Just a FYI for anyone looking for a USB-C monitor that works well with the LG Gram 17.

    I just picked up the LG 27UL850 4K monitor (2019 model). Using the usb-c cable that comes with the monitor, my LG Gram 17 charges without any issues. No throttling at all in best performance mode. I have also plugged in a wireless mouse and keyboard dongle into the monitor, so now I have a single cable connected to the laptop that charges it, displays 4k@60hz, and provides external keyboard and mouse functionality. I was worried that the laptop may throttle down to unbearably slow speeds with usb-c charging after reading some posts here, but thankfully, everything works perfectly.

    Also, for anyone concerned with the "grainy" matte display, I am happy to report that it is not an issue, at least for me. I am using this monitor for coding, and everything looks crisp and clean. The reduction in glare in a well lit room is a huge positive for me vs the absolute best contrast that can be achieved by glossy displays.

    Very happy with the purchase!

    submitted by /u/matrix4x4
    [link] [comments]

    Needing advice looking for a laptop

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 11:47 AM PDT

    I've not owned a laptop in 10 years. I've used my tablet some I've had for 6 years, and basically used my phone recently got the note 9. If someone could guide me in the right direction and give me their advice. I know very little. I've researched for days through Best buy, Amazon, Walmart, etc I have an idea of what I want. By looking around, of course googling the better brands. I would like the newest released to date, I think I've decided I want either a Lenovo, Asus, HP, or Acer whichever one is better with at least 8gb, 1tb, 15.6 screen or 17.3 screen under $380.00 I'm needing it to write a cookbook, files for our business, for social media, and storing pictures etc I just don't want to buy something and regret it. I would like it to last as long as possible. And I honestly feel clueless I've looked for days. So my son suggested I ask on Reddit for help. I really have no idea what all the terms mean there's so many laptops to choose from that seem so similar, and reading ratings is so up an down it's not solid confirmation enough for me. Thank you so much in advance for your help I truly appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/countrychick77
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on HP 17-ca1203ng ?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 11:20 AM PDT

    I can’t decide

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 11:11 AM PDT

    I'm looking at two laptops, one with a Lithium Ion battery, and one with a Lithium Ion-Polymer battery. Which one should I get? Which one will last longer?

    submitted by /u/TheRealPyr0
    [link] [comments]

    Is this laptop worth it? (Acer Aspire 3 A315-53G-508J Intel Core i5-8250U/8GB/256Gb SSD/MX130/15.6")

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 10:47 AM PDT

    For 500€ ( https://www.pccomponentes.com/acer-aspire-3-a315-53g-508j-intel-core-i5-8250u-8gb-256gb-ssd-mx130-156) do you think it's worth it? Only concern is battery life, as it only has 3 battery cells. Looking at i5 SSD FHD laptops, and this is the best one I think I found for less than 600€.

    submitted by /u/Mic5RS
    [link] [comments]

    Need recommendations for buying a new laptop (I'm an apple person, friend needs a PC laptop)

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 06:44 AM PDT

    My friend wants to buy his kid a laptop for school. She is in high school in the US. She was previously using a Chromebook (which "worked for her") until it was dropped and broke.

    They want a relatively cheap laptop, but one that will last about 3-4 years. Will be tough to balance future-proofing while keeping cost down.

    Since I'm an apple person (and not really a computer guy) this is well out of my area of knowledge.

    If you could suggest a laptop that fits the bill and maybe the best place to buy it (based on coupons or deals, like best buy or Costco/BJs or wherever).

    My guess is 8gb of RAM is probably enough.

    THANKS!

    submitted by /u/Scotching123
    [link] [comments]

    My usb port is powered when my laptop is off

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 10:22 AM PDT

    I need help asap... My 3.0 usb port is powered when my laptop is shutdown making my keyboard (External) RGB on Any Solution? (my usb 2.0 isnt powered when shutdown)

    submitted by /u/PengChoi
    [link] [comments]

    Can this be fixed? When i push the screen pack in to its place it works normally but its so shaky

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 10:04 AM PDT

    Ram upgrade

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 09:58 AM PDT

    I have upgraded the ram on my server. How would I know if I can put the old ram on my laptop? They both use laptop ram.

    submitted by /u/acorn9604
    [link] [comments]

    Performance of a laptop with 1060GTX and I7 8750

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 09:21 AM PDT

    Specs are, 1060GTX 6gb , I7 8750H with 8GB RAM, windows 10.

    Is it normal to get 20-40 fps on anno 1800 (New city, only 5000 population) with this laptop? My settings are Medium/high and some things are on low, running with the DX11,since DX12 crashes and wont give much improvement anyway.

    Same thing is with Cities skylines, around the same fps even when starting a new city.

    The only way i get 60FPS in anno is when i look at the empty sea and on Cities skylines its pretty much impossible to get 60fps.

    Running both games on 1080p.

    Right now running anno 1800, cpu is at 33% usage 75C, GPU is at 50% usage at 70C and RAM is 80% usage. Laptop is plugged and on performance mode.

    submitted by /u/tidder_reverof
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel