• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Tuesday, August 6, 2019

    Laptops Is 16gb Ram essential for a gaming laptop or can you get by easily with 8gb of ram?

    Laptops Is 16gb Ram essential for a gaming laptop or can you get by easily with 8gb of ram?


    Is 16gb Ram essential for a gaming laptop or can you get by easily with 8gb of ram?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 10:54 AM PDT

    OLED vs IPS

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 05:41 AM PDT

    Grad student looking for a new laptop. I'm pretty set on the new XPS 15, but I'm not sure if the OLED is really needed in my case. I plan on using it mainly for school and light gaming. My concern is that most of the apps I will be using (office suite and anatomy simulations) are white backgrounds and I'm concerned about burn-in/higher battery consumption.

    I don't have any other devices with OLED, so I can't really compare or have a preference. 4k IPS would probably be fine for me. But then I watch some review vids and the OLED is apparently a must have.

    submitted by /u/tallbro
    [link] [comments]

    Ah yes, two fast as shit Samsung drives.... :)

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 02:14 PM PDT

    How to speed up a slow laptop?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 12:10 PM PDT

    Hey, so I have a really slow laptop, my mother bought it for me quite cheap. I mostly use it to play football manager, however it is REALLY slow when I play it. It's almost as bad as watching paint dry. I'm absolutely not tech savvy at all, but is there a way I can speed it up by buying like an external hard drive or something? Any help much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/mrhighway182
    [link] [comments]

    What does RAM like like in a laptop?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 02:13 PM PDT

    What does RAM look like in a laptop?

    I'm trying to take RAM from a old laptop and put it into my new one but I don't know what it looks like. Can someone link me to a image of one cause I can't find it on the internet.

    submitted by /u/Myles_Petersen
    [link] [comments]

    Asus Zephyrus S: Why you shouldn't buy it

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 01:55 PM PDT

    The Asus Zephyrus S has been a wonder to use, with a GTX 1070 Max-Q and an I7 processor, it holds up with every video game. But why shouldn't you purchase it?

    Simply said, as nice as the laptop is, it's problematic, I've experienced times where it would randomly go into sleep mode, in the middle of doing stuff. This problem is much less a pain than some of the others though...

    The laptop has a huge amount of screen bleed, for the initiated, it's pretty much when backlight bleeds through so much you end up with sploches in areas around the screen. This problem hasn't been as huge of an issue to me, but to some others it could be a deal breaker.

    Now possibly the worst part of this laptop. I have purchased this laptop multiple times, due to them both having this next issue, I was curious. Both times I have purchased the laptop, I experienced a fan noise, not a normal one, no, I'm talking a very loud and annoying grinding/rattling noise, it occured on both laptops, both being the right sided fan. This ended up for me wanting to get it RMA'd, of course, this all happened within warranty, but here's the problem, I couldn't get either of the laptops repaired due to it being a "fault on the customers side" so to speak, meaning I apparently inflicted the damage to the fan, when in no way did that happen, simply because they were, and currently still are, sitting on my desk, and have been since purchase.

    Now, if you like the laptop, and don't mind screen bleed, possibly a few crashes(?) and a loud grinding fan, go for it, maybe you will get lucky, and not experience these things, but from my experience, it hasn't been worth the purchase.

    submitted by /u/Ricochet5
    [link] [comments]

    Does the Surface Book 2 have a 4k UHD display?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 01:48 PM PDT

    Every spec sheet i can find OTHER than BestBuy's says the display is 3240 x 2160. However, on BestBuy's website it states that the screen is 3840 x 2160 (4K). Is this a typo on BestBuy's site or is there a 4k version of the Surface Book 2? Here is the BestBuy page:
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-surface-book-2-15-touch-screen-pixelsense-2-in-1-laptop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-512gb-ssd-silver/6145602.p?skuId=6145602

    submitted by /u/WalterMagnum
    [link] [comments]

    I found a deal for a laptop that seems perfect for me, but I was looking for input from more knowledgable people.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 01:32 PM PDT

    I will be mainly using it for coding and writing papers. Light gaming would be great too (Terraria and, if possible, Factorio and Portal 1 and 2 .). The laptop is here.

    submitted by /u/TheManWithAlotOfFear
    [link] [comments]

    HARD DRIVE INSTALLATION

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 01:03 PM PDT

    Hi I'm looking at laptops to buy for some gaming(lol, overwatch,r6s) since I have a fairly limited budget being a 17yro I've decided to go with the Asus tuf fx505dy but it only has 250gb ssd can I add a 1tb HDD on top of that or do I have to swap it out for the ssd

    submitted by /u/mrpandasir
    [link] [comments]

    Need a laptop suggestion!

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 12:55 PM PDT

    Needing to buy a laptop that can do schoolwork easily as well as light gaming for games like stardew valley, cup head etc.. cheapest option plz.. Budgets only around 350-400

    submitted by /u/dylanlikestorun
    [link] [comments]

    Need a recommendation for a laptop for a high school kid

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 12:51 PM PDT

    Looking for a budget friendly laptop. Used a Chromebook previously which worked but I think a regular laptop might be more future proof. Otherwise I'm clueless. Please help.

    Thoughts on Dell Inspiron? 8GB of RAM and SSD seem like a necessity almost these days. Especially if want it to last 3-4 years.

    submitted by /u/Scotching123
    [link] [comments]

    New Laptop Already Has Account Set Up

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 09:03 AM PDT

    I recently bought a new LG Gram 14 Laptop from Amazon and it arrived today. When I opened the box, I noticed tge seal had been tampered with but I proceeded. After turning on the laptop, I realized I was not prompted to do a fresh set up. The account had the name 1 on it. I've contacted amazon and they're offering a refund but they cant replace the laptop becauae it's out of stock. I bought this laptop on sale and would hate to give it up if I dont have to but I also bought a new laptop so i feel scammed. Any suggestions?

    I would love to know of there are any steps I could take to make sure the laptop wasnt returned for any particular reason.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Overcastisland
    [link] [comments]

    ASUS ROG ZX50VW-MS71 Running Slow - Help

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 12:45 PM PDT

    I recently purchased this laptop and it's running very slow. It's an older laptop, at least a few years old. Can an SSD be installed or does it already have one? What can I do to speed it up?

    I'm looking to do a lot of video editing and maybe some gaming on it, if the intended purpose is needed.

    Any suggestions would be helpful!

    submitted by /u/yatesjk887
    [link] [comments]

    Is the laptop I have my eyes on good as a gaming Laptop?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 12:32 PM PDT

    So the laptop I have my eyes on can be found here , and I'm just wondering if this is a really good gaming Laptop. So, is it?

    submitted by /u/Dailey1234
    [link] [comments]

    Is this deal too good to be true?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 08:27 AM PDT

    Hi everyone. Just wanted to hear your opinion on this Matebook X Pro deal that I found on the german Amazon:

    https://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B07F8H65VN/ref=olp_twister_all?ie=UTF8&mv_size_name=all&mv_style_name=all

    I know it's last years model but it's just that it's more than half the price. It doesn't really a lot of sense. When you look at the seller, it also doesn't seem very authentic because the seller only has 2 reviews.

    What do you think? I was looking for the Matebook X Pro anyway.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/fisk_sugemallen
    [link] [comments]

    Can I Use Snapchat on My Laptop

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 11:47 AM PDT

    Video over USB3.1 possible?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 10:55 AM PDT

    I see some USB-C to HDMI adapters. The listings aren't clear at all though if the USB-C needs to be TB3 or DP capable in order for that to work. It makes it look like a USB-C that is USB 3.1 gen1/2 connector (and not TB3 or DP capable) is capable of connecting to an external monitor.

    Can USB-C that is USB 3.1 Gen1/2, but not TB3 or DP, be connected to an external monitor? If so, is it capable of extending the desktop or just mirroring?

    If that is the case, I might have more options finding a TB3 dock as I posted about here:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/laptops/comments/cmtlgz/tb3_dock_that_will_permit_dual_monitors_and_daisy/

    submitted by /u/strumpy_strudel
    [link] [comments]

    Is the ASUS VivoBook F510UA a good affordable laptop for editing and coding

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 09:58 AM PDT

    Do all HP laptops have wifi issues?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 08:48 AM PDT

    Hello everyone! Forgive me if this has been asked already but I couldn't find a straight answer on this. I recently bought an HP Envy X360, the 15in version. Had an intel i5, if that matters. Anyway, the laptop would drop the wifi signal intermittently, and then constantly. It got so bad I had to send it back to HP. I replaced it with an ASUS Vivobook s15 530 but the sound quality from that thing is straight up garbage, had to send it back too.

    Thing is, I loved that HP Envy. Do you guys think I got a lemon, or is this wifi issue a real problem with HP?

    submitted by /u/Showtime48
    [link] [comments]

    Owners of Razer Blade Stealth 2019: how's it been?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 02:30 AM PDT

    • Total budget and country of purchase: ~1800 canada

    • How important is weight and thinness to you? prefer ultrabook style

    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. n/a

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. 13 - 15 ish

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? good keyboard touchpad, windows hello, fingerprint

    I am currently looking for a new laptop for back to school. Currently I am deciding between a MBP 2019 (~$1700 CAD) or a RBS graphics model ($~1700 CAD).

    With the obvious better specs for the price going to the RBS there are a few things that are preventing me from pulling the trigger.

    1. I have read that battery discharge is a very large problem with the device. Is this still true and what type of activity would cause it? Also, is it an everyday problem or do only very specific workloads cause it?

    2. From reviews I have seen, quality control (coil whine, loose USB C ports) and overall enjoyment of the device seems to be a hit or miss. The price I have is only available from Razer.com which I hear is notorious of for terrible customer service. If I get a bum laptop how screwed would I be?

    3. Lastly, I hear the trackpad is great, but how is the keyboard? I am coming from a base model MBP 2012 and I enjoy it alot. How would it compare in terms of overall typing experience.

    Other info that would be appreciated:

    • How's battery life?
    • The screen is matte so how would that compare to traditional gloss displays?
    • How good is windows hello on this model?

    All responses are appreciated ! :)

    submitted by /u/idontwanttobepoor
    [link] [comments]

    Best 2 in 1 Laptop for $700 and below

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 07:12 AM PDT

    I need a 2 in 1 that:

    Runs Windows 10

    Is reasonably powerful

    1080p or higher screen

    Has a good form factor

    Is $700 or below (Though I am willimg to go higher if need be)

    submitted by /u/Pilot2_Cool
    [link] [comments]

    What are your personal experiences with these similar subnotebooks? (12.5" Thinkpads, Elitebooks, Latitudes)

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 02:15 AM PDT

    Issues on Lenovo 730 13 inch i7

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 06:00 AM PDT

    Hi there. I just got a Lenovo 730 13 inch i7 8550u 16gb 512gb model as a gift. Any pointers on issues in this laptop? I Googled around a little bit and the screen flicker and WiFi issue popped up.

    Also, is this laptop going to be really old stock? I don't see i7 512gb models in stores now.

    submitted by /u/bluepensioner
    [link] [comments]

    Returning my MacBook?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 05:14 AM PDT

    So I bought a 2018 MacBook Pro 13". It's quite nice, but I'm not that comfortable with MacOS (will need to use it at my new job though (on a different machine)). Also I'm worried about performance and longevity.

    Should I return it in favor of either the Matebook X Pro or the XPS 15? Anyone have relevant experience? I want something to get creative professional work done and that will last me a while.

    submitted by /u/FrequentInspector
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop Recommendations

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 09:09 PM PDT

    Any recommendations on a good/decent laptop priced $600-700? Preferably used for gaming and working. Or should I save for a better one?

    submitted by /u/killerleche
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel