• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, August 1, 2019

    Is anyone's Messages+ app not opening? Android Help

    Is anyone's Messages+ app not opening? Android Help


    Is anyone's Messages+ app not opening?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 06:30 PM PDT

    Mine keeps crashing and won't even open. I feel the latest update killed it for some reason. It's extremely annoying

    submitted by /u/MurphaWorph
    [link] [comments]

    Experience transiting from a Snapdragon 800 to 600 series.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 06:26 PM PDT

    So I've had a pixel xl ( the first one ) that has a Snapdragon 821. Phone works but battery has gone the way of the dodo. I don't really play games ,but I do like a smooth transition while using apps. I was thinking of the moto g7 power which has a Snapdragon 632.

    I tried comparing old specs, but benchmarks don't always translate to actual user exp. And reviews are always more about moving upwards and paying more etc

    Wanted to get some anecdotal experience form people that have gone from 'older' flagship models to newer lower mid range phones.

    submitted by /u/lefttheovenoff
    [link] [comments]

    Why does Messages have a cache huge?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 09:04 PM PDT

    I was just looking at my storage on my Pixel XL and I noticed that my biggest app was messages, and a close second was Reddit. Both had almost of gb of cache data that I cleared with no adverse effects. So, I wonder why isn't there some cap on cache or why doesn't it get periodically cleared?

    Edit: How did I messup the title so bad?

    submitted by /u/Aidan_Welch
    [link] [comments]

    How to restore backed up photos from Google Photos back to my devices local storage?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 09:40 PM PDT

    I've been using the 'back up and sync' feature on Google Photos for a while now and all of my photo library is stored on the cloud. There is an option in Google Photos to remove the photos already backed up on the cloud from your phone to free up storage and I have used it. What if I now want to restore these photos and get them back on my phones local storage?

    submitted by /u/oh-nothing
    [link] [comments]

    Full Voicemail Notifications

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 06:24 PM PDT

    How do I stop them from appearing? I like my voicemail full

    submitted by /u/ThedreadedPanda
    [link] [comments]

    Bixby briefing gone

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 09:10 PM PDT

    I've lost bixby briefing and want to get it back. I've made sure clock is updated and Bixby set up is done. I don't see the option to turn in briefing. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/ListofReddit
    [link] [comments]

    Download/ Install troubles

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 08:53 PM PDT

    I recently downloaded an APK for Google Play Services 12.6.85 and it downloaded fine. However anytime I try to install it via "files" it loads 75% of the way and then says "App not installed". I havent been able to find any explanation as to why or a fix. Hoping to find a solution

    submitted by /u/ImNotChrisPratt
    [link] [comments]

    headphone volume not working

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 08:47 PM PDT

    I can not get the message that let me turn of the headphone volume limiter off. I have closed and restarted the app, rebooted my phone, tried another apps, lower the raise the volume back up. Nothing gets the message to pop up.

    submitted by /u/Joel_feila
    [link] [comments]

    Message+ keeps stopping

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 06:13 PM PDT

    Hi gang. Samsung Note8, Verizon, Android ver 9 Kernel 4.4.153

    Trying to start Message+, white window pops up and closes. Try again, it says "Message+ keeps stopping" It worked earlier today, then a Verizon security/tuneup app said it's a about time to restart the phone. So I did. Message+ hasn't worked since. I tried clearing message's cache. Reluctant to clear the data... there's a legal thing in there I'd like to hang onto if possible.

    I goofed around a little. If I longpress Message+, it has some of the recent texts I've dealt with, which I can open and it shows the thread. I can longpress Message+, pick Camera, take a picture, and make like i'm going to send it to somebody. It'll show my contacts there. I can text myself (giggity) and the text shows up. But if I try to back out from that, Message+ just closes.

    One time while longpressing into Compose, picked contacts, and none of the contacts had names, it was just phone numbers and Contact photo (if they have one). So that was weird. So I thought Contacts was broken. Open Contacts, everything is there, looks fine.

    I sent feedback and let them have the system logs, for whatever that's worth. I tried to read the logs but they're huge and it just looks like Java dumps. I wonder how to back up Message+ just to try and salvage my threads. Well that's my story. Thanks for any ideas.

    submitted by /u/DoDinosaursHaveBoobs
    [link] [comments]

    (sidesync question)Is there any way to have the presentation mode enabled by default in sidesync?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 08:15 PM PDT

    Because I don't like that my phone screen turn off when I use sidesync and sometimes my phone screen wont turn on after I close sidesync.
    Sorry if my english is bad

    submitted by /u/duradara
    [link] [comments]

    My carrier won't let me use my Hotspot

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 05:58 PM PDT

    Is there anyway to cheat their block, if I want to use it I have to pay extra like if I didn't pay enough monthly

    Hope you can help me, love you!

    Also I'm from Mexico and my phone is a galaxy s10+

    submitted by /u/PieroRenero
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone using a feature phone?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 07:25 AM PDT

    Hello! I am just gonna go ahead and say I'm addicted to my smartphone.... I want to go back to using a "dumb" or feature phone. I did it once for a month or so, but I had problems with the device I was using not getting signal so I ended up going back to my iPhone. Aside from just generally wanting to not feel the need to be glued to a screen all the time, I also live in a big city and often use public transit. It scares me all to hell to even pull out my iPhone while I'm alone in the city or waiting for the train. I honestly would rather feel safe carrying a plastic Nokia I can only call/text on that constantly being afraid of being a target. Just wondering if any of you are using feature phones for similar reasons...What your experiences are with using feature phones? And what device are you using? Also: how have you gone about music/mp3? I just carried an old iPod shuffle with me but I seemed to have lost it since then

    • sorry for all the run on sentences! Yikes
    submitted by /u/fukkup4
    [link] [comments]

    Using Mobile Hotspot Data but Carrier Thinks It's Normal Mobile Data?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 02:41 PM PDT

    I have a 15 GB limit on mobile hotspot usage with AT&T, but on my old phone - LG Phoenix 3 - my carrier can't tell the difference between hotspot data usage and normal mobile data usage, so I never go over my hotspot data cap even when using my phone as a hotspot. When I put my SIM in a new phone my carrier can tell the difference between using my phone as a hotspot and using data on the phone itself, so I went over my hotspot limit.

    Is there a way I can make the carrier think that I'm using data on my phone itself when I'm really using the phone as a wifi hotspot and using the data on another device?

    EDIT: Problem solved, EasyTether Pro for $10 was the best solution I found.

    submitted by /u/MSUCru
    [link] [comments]

    Change screen timeout when notifications come in?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 09:54 PM PDT

    I keep my phone in my pocket, and the amount of time that it takes to retrieve from my pocket when a text comes in is apparently about 1/4 of a second longer than the screen stays on when a text (or other notification) comes in.

    I know this is a pretty minor thing, but seeing the screen go dark an instant before I go to unlock it gets frustrating when it happens every. single. time.

    I have an S9+ running android v9.

    submitted by /u/PMmeURarchitecture
    [link] [comments]

    How do I figure out which app is showing me ads?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 09:41 PM PDT

    Over the past week, I've been getting constant pop ups in my Chrome browser, and full screen ads in apps like Messages and YouTube and small banner ads all over the OS. I figured it's most likely an app and not from a browser tab, as it draws over existing apps. Is there a way to check?

    submitted by /u/ziks_a
    [link] [comments]

    Can you root an imported snapdragon phone? (International version - Not from the US)

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 09:25 PM PDT

    Title says it all.

    submitted by /u/Boltropox
    [link] [comments]

    Motorola Message+ Broken?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 05:27 PM PDT

    My grandparents each have a Motorola phone. A G6 and a G7. All of a sudden, in the past few minutes, they've both been unable to open the Message+ app. I tested it on my LG V30 and I had no issue whatsoever. Is anyone else having this issue?

    submitted by /u/AceGaimz
    [link] [comments]

    Pending download stuck. Playstore.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 04:48 PM PDT

    So i tried versions: 14 15.8.23 16.0.5

    And all have the same issue Pending download but nothing is downloading. So it just sits there. Doing nothing. The only thing that fixes this is to clear data. And that clears my settings and everything.

    Anyone have a fix?

    submitted by /u/nigel12341
    [link] [comments]

    Removing Google app word suggestions - Android Pie

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 04:44 PM PDT

    So I recently got a Pixel 3a with Android P and I found a really annoying "feature" on the main google app that I cannot find a solution for. Whenever I tap a word, any word, a bar will appear at the bottom of the screen with the definition of the word, and suggestions for it. It's super annoying because it makes it a lot harder to just copy things to my clipboard. Anybody know where in the settings to disable this?

    submitted by /u/junica
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung A70 Social Media Notifications

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 04:29 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    So I've recently switched from a Galaxy S5 to the A70 series- yes, I've had the S5 for some time! With that being said, I want to reduce the amount of social media notifications I receive. What I want is my email, text message and phone call notifications to appear on my lock screen, and my social media app notifications to appear only as badge notifications and not on my lock screen? Is this possible? Thank you so much

    submitted by /u/SWKmajor_28
    [link] [comments]

    LG G8 ThinQ charger/battery case?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 07:38 PM PDT

    I've been looking around online for a case for my LG G8 ThinQ that charges it. I've seen them for the G7, G6, etc. but none for the G8. The G8 ThinQ has been out for a little while now so I'm not sure why I can't find one. Has it not been made? Am I not looking in the right place? Help is appreciated, thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/noahr17
    [link] [comments]

    Idiot that needs help restoring photos in Private folder

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 01:21 PM PDT

    I had to factory reset my Galaxy S8, I transferred all of my photos onto my PC, or so I thought. But all of my photos from my private folder didn't transfer and like a doofus I factory reset prior to double checking. I thought it was at a loss but I reconnected my phone to my PC and the private folder is still there along with the same amount of memory used up.

    I have private mode on my newly reset phone and I still can't access the files anywhere (phone or PC).

    I'm not 100 percent sure on what I backed up. I know I backed up some things like apps, texts, contacts etc but I'm not sure if I backed up the system. I'm hoping there's a way I can access the files through my PC, if not if I find a system back up and restore that then I should be able to access my private folder, right?

    Also, I apologize if I used the wrong terminology, hopefully I got my point across.

    Edit: I'm thinking my best option is to find the system backup, restore and try from there, I just want to make sure there's not an alternative so I don't need to reset again as well as avoid potentially messing this whole thing up some more.

    Edit 2: I tried Fonelab to see if I can recover anything but I think I might need to root it. I'm not super comfortable doing that at the moment because I've never rooted a phone before and am not super knowledgeable. Anyways I did the normal scan and it only recovered items from since the factory reset.

    submitted by /u/redhedted
    [link] [comments]

    Android phone repeatedly crashing after adding external SD card. Advice?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 07:01 PM PDT

    Hello! I own a Moto G5s Plus Android phone, currently running Android 7.1.1.

    The internal storage on the phone is not great. So I purchased an Samsung Evo Select 256GB external SD card, to allow for music and photo storage etc.

    One day after installing the card, my phone began crashing & rebooting pretty much non-stop. Anytime I tried to make a phone call, open an app, or even hit the side key on the phone that lights up the screen from dark to activated, it would crash.

    I immediately took out the SD card, but all of the problems are persisting. I even just did a total factory reset, and the phone is STILL crashing and resetting every time I attempt to use it. The external SD card is not in the phone.

    Any suggestions? My research online seems to suggest once most people remove the SD card that seems to be causing the problem, the crashing & rebooting stops. My phone is still crashing even after the SD card has been removed, and after a factory reset.

    Could it be the external card slot holder is faulty? Thankyou!

    submitted by /u/allspiceisnice
    [link] [comments]

    SD Card with full TWRP backup inaccessible (TWRP: MicroSD 0MB) and not visible by OS

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 01:03 PM PDT

    Phone: Xiaomi Redmi5 (Rosy)

    ROM / Android version: OFFICIAL Global Stable 10.3.2.0

    Root (yes/no): No (post OTA)

    Xposed, or any other modifications: No (post OTA)

    Any physical damage prior to defect: No

    Describe your issue: Can't access my SD Card which contains a full backup (by TWRP). TWRP sees just (microSD 0MB) MIUI doensn't see the SD card at all.

    Long story short - had a rather customized setup (TWRP, Magisk,Xposed) which naturally went away after the OTA update. Had to re-install TWRP Recovery (to get Root) after OTA, in the process of flashing Magisk ended in a bootloop, decided to instead restore the full backup I did before accepting the OTA update.

    Initially could not restore as while the Backup was detected, the constituent parts weren't so I got a no partitions selected for restore" error.

    Looked around, seemed it was a cause of too many subfolder so I tried to copy one of the many files in the backup folder in the directory above it.

    After a restart (and possibly trying a slightly different TWRP) I was unable to see either Internal Storage or MicroSD (had 0MB for both). Needed to wipe data to re-see internal, but the MicroSD is still very much invisible.

    submitted by /u/Kostaz
    [link] [comments]

    Can I somehow use my phone as a wired (USB) speaker?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 07:00 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel