• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, August 11, 2019

    I'm a student saving up for a decent laptop, but I know absolutely nothing about them.

    I'm a student saving up for a decent laptop, but I know absolutely nothing about them.


    I'm a student saving up for a decent laptop, but I know absolutely nothing about them.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 09:02 PM PDT

    I don't even know the exact name of the laptop I'm currently using, but I believe it might be a Dell Inspiron 15.6'. I know that the thing on the corner on the inside to the right says it's "intel core i3", if that means anything. I've had this since about 2015, it's getting a little rough around the edges and I need something faster and lighter for school. My dad got me an iPad for graduation, and I'm grateful, but it's not gonna cut it for school, so I'm on my own with this purchase.

    My top priorities with details are a decent battery life and something lightweight. I'd like it to be fast, but it doesn't have to be insane. Obviously, you get what you give with price ranges. With storage space and all that, I don't find that to be super important. I'm not going to be saving much on the actual computer itself, I'm not going to be doing any gaming or any of that either. Any pictures, assignments, or whatever else all get saved onto my google drive or phone.

    I'm also clueless about what's cheap, but too cheap for laptops. I currently have around $300 saved up, and I have an event coming up that might offer a little more to that. I'm getting a job pretty soon and I can add to that as well, but I'd like to make the purchase within about a month or so, considering my school starts on August 22. But, if there's a computer absolutely worth the money, it can wait for me to save money.

    submitted by /u/redclearpointpencil
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop for studies, coding

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 03:58 AM PDT

    * **Total budget and country of purchase:**

    around 800 euros, Lithuania

    * **Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.**

    need good batery life, and good spec

    * **How important is weight and thinness to you?**

    light and not thick. Computer should be slim if it is possible.

    * **Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.**

    Windows

    * **Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.**

    from 13''- 14''. 3:2 ratio would be awesome.

    * **Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.**

    I need laptop for studies, especially for programming. Sometime I am playing light games.

    * **If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?**

    CS GO, Paladins...

    * **Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?**

    need good keyboard, do not need touch screen I wont use it. Keyboard and screen quality is very important, because I will spend a lot of my time working. Build quality is also important.

    * **Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.**

    Gaming is light, so if need I can survive with intel hd. I saw zenbook series, Matebooks. They look awesome, but I have read that these very very slim models have a lot of issues with temperatures. They get really hot even on light game and throttling is very big. Maybe undervolting would help? I am not very experienced in that kind of laptops.

    All in all I am asking for help to find best product under that price. All suggestions are welcome!!!

    submitted by /u/Rick_pick
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for sub-14 inch laptop in Australia for under $700 - refurbished?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 03:41 AM PDT

    NOTE: I have a couple that I've been looking at at the bottom, I'd love opinions on whether they meet my requirements because I'm very confused and stressed about the whole thing. Thanks so much!!

    • Total budget and country of purchase: I have $700 at a push, and am buying in Australia which seems to make things bloody annoying.

    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. Battery life is important because this is for uni mostly. Pretty keen on 1080p if possible, and basically I just want something that will run smoothly while multitasking. Can't get a Chromebook because I need Sibelius the composition software.

    • How important is weight and thinness to you? I'd quite like it to be light, because it'll live in my backpack for uni. Thinness isn't important to me.

    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Windows preferably, Mac if it's a really good deal I guess.

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. Probably around 13 inch.

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. Nope.

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? Build quality - it'll live in my bag. I really want something that will last me at bare minimum the next 2.5 years to finish my degree. Preferably longer!

    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. I'd be very open to something refurbished or second-hand, but I'm not sure just how old I can safely go while having something that will last. Is this XPS 13 too old? This Latitude?

    submitted by /u/Lady_Ada_Blackhorn
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop for university - Dell xps 15 vs. Razer Blade 15 vs. Lenovo x1 extreme gen 2

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 03:24 AM PDT

    * **Total budget and country of purchase:** Canada

    * **Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.** decent battery, 2 in 1 doesn't matter

    * **How important is weight and thinness to you?** generally would like it to be as light as possible

    * **Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.** windows, mac

    * **Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.** 14-15.6 inches

    **Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.** Using adobe photoshop, lightroom, and illustrator. CAD - maya, sketch up, rhino. Would like to do some light gaming if possible

    * **If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?** The most intensive games I would be playing would be overwatch and battlefield. Generally like to play smaller casual games otherwise

    * **Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?** nice keyboard, a good display for all of the graphics i'll be doing (is 4k necessary?)

    * **Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.** I've been looking at the xps 15, razer blade 15, and the new lenovo x1 extreme gen 2. Not really sure if the razer blade is the most worth it because it is the most expensive. Can't tell if the new xps and lenovo will meet all of my necessities as I'm worried about thermals. Or do y'all have any other recommendations that you think would be better? thanks :)

    submitted by /u/royalcrownvg
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Huawei matebook D i5 a good but?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 04:01 PM PDT

    Hey, Finance student looking to buy a reliable laptop to last me through 5 years of collage. I need to be able to do simple coding, and I'd like to be able to play low intensity games (Like Runescape). Battery life is also important to me. The price of this in Norway is 9999kr, which is 1.1k USD. Will the following be a good buy, or do you reccomend something else.

    HUAWEI MATEBOOK D 14" I5 256 GB

    14" IPS (1920x1080)

    Intel Core i5-8250U-prosessor (1,6 GHz, 4 cores)

    8 GB RAM

    256 GB SSD-

    NVIDIA GeForce MX150 (2 GB GDDR5)

    802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1

    1x USB C, 1x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0, HDMI

    Windows 10

    submitted by /u/Oah420
    [link] [comments]

    Arquitecture atudent laptop

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 02:21 AM PDT

    I'm going to start arquitecture degree and i need a laptop but i have no idea about computers. What should be my esencial technical requirements?

    submitted by /u/kiew_18
    [link] [comments]

    Need help for gaming laptop (Belgium | 1500€)

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 01:55 AM PDT

    • Total budget and country of purchase: Can go as high as around 1500-1600, Belgium
    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. A decent balance, although more than 4-5h is in no way needed
    • How important is weight and thinness to you? Not too important although it can be used to determine between two laptops that are alike. Nothing super bulky though.
    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Windows
    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. 15" although neighbour sizes (14" and 17") are also acceptable.
    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. Gaming wise: the witcher 3, cities skylines workwise: lots of multitasking and work as a data analist
    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? see above: the witcher 3, cities skylines, several (MMO)RPG's (e.g. path of exile, WoW, ...) and some titles that won't matter. High - highest setting possible with at least 60 fps, ofc preferable higher.
    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? Good AZERTY keyboard would be highly prefered. A right sided Ctrl-key is prefered as well as right/left click buttons on the touchpad A laptop that is somewhat neutral has a preference above an obvious gaming laptop
    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. Thought about buying the razor blade (GTX version rather than RTX) but not deliverable in belgium with AZERTY i believe?
    submitted by /u/auyara
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions for decent gaming laptop under $1000 USD

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 11:11 AM PDT

    • Total budget and country of purchase: Under $1000 USD, United States

    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. Best specs for the money, just want a traditional laptop with good keyboard.

    • How important is weight and thinness to you? Not super important, will typically use while at home.

    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Windows or Linux

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. At least 15 inches

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. Want a gaming laptop that covers the basics for a casual gamer.

    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? Just want to have a reasonably good experience for popular FPS, RPG, Racing, Adventure type games. Some that come to mind are the fallout series, Bioshock series, borderlands series, Witcher 3.

    At least 60fps desired.

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? Good responsive keyboard, reliable build quality

    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. Any suggestions appreciated!

    submitted by /u/bgross2012
    [link] [comments]

    Canada|$900 CAD before taxes|School, FL studio, light/old games

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 09:58 PM PDT

    Total budget and country of purchase: Canada|$900 CAD before taxes|School, FL studio, light/old games

    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. A 2 in one would be cool, it would make it easier to use for school. A decent battery life is all i need, and specs are great but not at the sacrifice of being above 5 lbs.
    • How important is weight and thinness to you? Pretty important, im gonna be toting this around school mostly.

    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Windows only, I can't use the other 3 cause of FL Studio and lifelong use.

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. Ideally 14 inches, 13.3 is cool too but i can't have it thermal throttling so i imagine 15.6 or 14 would be best.

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. Ill be using FL studio, a little bit of light gaming/emulation (in home streaming from my 2600x/1070 desktop mostly)

    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? Mostly older titles and party games, but also maybe shooter stuff like overwatch and apex, but im content with lowest settings to get 60fps.

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? No optical drive, but id like a touchscreen if its a 2 in one and a fingerprint reader if possible.

    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. My prime suspect right now is the lenovo flex 14 but Im not sure if its the best option. Thanks for your help!!!

    submitted by /u/Crashtroid
    [link] [comments]

    I need a laptop for one thing

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 01:37 AM PDT

    Hello, I'm not much of a gamer anymore but I really miss age of empires. I want to buy a laptop literally to only play this game and probably watch YouTube or something, but that's secondary. I just want to play the sweet sweet AOE. I'd like to spend the least amount of money possible, I don't care for weight or screen size or battery life, it only has one purpose. Thank u very much

    submitted by /u/NotThenNotNow
    [link] [comments]

    gaming laptop suggestion(price quality>cost)

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 09:45 PM PDT

    Hey all, so I want to buy me a gaming laptop that will last without me needing to upgrade it.(I do not care about how it looks, how heavy it is or, loud the fans are.)

    The extent of my knowledge is that RAM is good and 64 of the RAM's should do me in for 2 years beyond that I know little.

    * **Total budget and country of purchase:** no budget, Canada...ehh *

    **Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.** best specifications for the money *

    **How important is weight and thinness to you?** weight does not matter to me *

    **Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.** Windows please *

    **Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.** N/A *

    **Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.** gaming, ideally any and all non-VR steam games*

    **If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?** most FPS I can get *

    **Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?** 64 gb of RAM *

    **Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.** I would don't want to have to upgrade it in any manor aside from an external hard drive

    submitted by /u/tehmythel
    [link] [comments]

    College recommendation

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 09:45 PM PDT

    **Total budget and country of purchase: India, around 80,000 rupees

    **Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Good battery life, best specifics, 2 in 1 preferred but not necessary

    **How important is weight and thinness is to you? It should be lightweight.

    *Which OS do you require? Windows

    *Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.

    *Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? Auto Cad and basic programming

    Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? reliable build quality, shouldn't heat up, and should be fast.

    Just want a laptop that won't give me stress in college. That's all lol

    submitted by /u/Justapotato8
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop for music recording / mastering and CompSci (max $1800 with Swedish Keyboard, Sweden)

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 09:08 PM PDT

    Total budget and country of purchase:

    $1800, Sweden (!IMPORTANT! need a Swedish keyboard layout with å,ä,ö)

    Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.

    Specs are prioritized. Will be plugged in to power most of the time and I don't care too much about 2 in 1.

    How important is weight and thinness to you?

    3/10 - specs have priority over portability.

    Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.

    Preferably Windows, although I do not mind Mac or Linux.

    Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.

    Somewhere between 14-15 inches (can do 13 too if value is good)

    Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.

    My main focus is to use the laptop as an on-the-go recording/mixing studio for my music projects. I will also do some programming for Uni, mainly python and C++ for ML projects. I play some games but these are kinda old.

    If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?

    Probably League of Legends, CS 1.6. Gaming is not my priority for this device.

    Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?

    I need a good SSD for music production.

    Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.

    I have been looking into a good laptop for a while now and it seems like 16 GB RAM and 258 GB SSD are minimum requirements for music production, however, latency also seems to be of big importance. I will not use my laptop for live music so I am not sure if this applies here. Let me know if you know more :) Thanks reddit!

    submitted by /u/raccoon2o2o
    [link] [comments]

    Student from Canada. What would you guys recommend? (Budget around $600-800)

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 11:29 PM PDT

    Hi All,

    I found two laptop deals and was wondering if people thought their price points makes them a good deal. Also, which laptop is the better choice? Any other suggestions around this price range are welcome

    ASUS VivoBook 15.6" Laptop - Grey (Intel Core i5-8265U/256GB SSD/8GB RAM/Windows 10)

    https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/asus-vivobook-15-6-laptop-grey-intel-core-i5-8265u-256gb-ssd-8gb-ram-windows-10/13499151

    or

    Acer Aspire 5 A515-54-85U7 Laptop, i5-8265U

    https://www.costco.ca/Acer-Aspire-5-A515-54-85U7-Laptop%2c-i5-8265U.product.100502619.html

    submitted by /u/Will_Ali
    [link] [comments]

    College student (Network Admin)

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 07:29 PM PDT

    * **Total budget and country of purchase:** $500 USD, USA

    **Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.** Good battery life/Best specs for the money

    **How important is weight and thinness to you?** Not that important

    **Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.** Fine with any OS (Currently Windows user, familiar with Chrome OS)

    **Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.** 11" or around there

    **Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.** Mostly light school work, possible coding

    **If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?** N/A

    **Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?** Reliable build quality, pref SSD

    **Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.** This will be used for college work for the next few yrs, hoping to find something affordable that will last. Already have a custom built PC so this will be used mostly in cafes/classes

    submitted by /u/Elyxium
    [link] [comments]

    15.6 inch thin and light as possible with good battery life for $700 or less?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 10:53 PM PDT

    That is at least slightly better than my previous 17.3 inch 7 pound laptop which had a:

    I7-4700mq Gtx 770m 8gb ddr3 1600mhz

    Also ability to charge with a power bank would be a plus. Also would prefer if under 4 pounds and dimensions were less than a gp63 8rf which is 15.07 x 10.23 x 1.16 in

    Am even willing to get manufacturer refurbished with warranty or go down to a 14.1 inch. Would prefer 15.6 inch though for a full keyboard.

    submitted by /u/Tmansdc
    [link] [comments]

    Buying a preset or upgrading a cheaper laptop?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 10:43 PM PDT

    To preface, I'm from India so info specific to that will be extra helpful. I want a laptop for normal daily use and lots of coding and some other stuff, and I'm thinking about these (for various reasons)

    1.Lenovo s340 ryzen 5 This one is 14 inch(which I prefer) and seems to have a higher build quality+ a backlit keyboard, the processor is also the newer ryzen. (Around $580)

    https://www.reliancedigital.in/lenovo-35-56-cm-14-inch-ideapad-laptop-amd-3-70-ghz-8-gb-1-tb-128-gb-s340/p/491431485

    2.Asus vivobook ryzen 5. This one is much cheaper so I'll have to upgrade the RAM and add an SSD. (Total expense will be about $500 or a little less)

    https://www.flipkart.com/asus-vivobook-ryzen-5-quad-core-4-gb-1-tb-hdd-windows-10-home-x505za-ej505tx505z-thin-light-laptop/p/itmfdwyyqgvxmtve?pid=COMFDTDDXSEU4MQE&lid=LSTCOMFDTDDXSEU4MQEMWKM3M&marketplace=FLIPKART

    So should I upgrade or buy the lenovo?

    submitted by /u/i_am_the_kiLLer
    [link] [comments]

    Engineering Student going into freshman year, budget of $1500 max

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 03:45 PM PDT

    Hey all, I was looking at different laptops that can run software needed for engineering students as cleanly as possible, stuff like CAD software with light gaming on the side. I'd also like for it to be as portable as possible ,and preferably have a relatively good battery life. I was looking at the HP Spectre x360 15T, but I don't know too much about laptops. If anyone wants to help me ou that'd be very appreciated :)

    submitted by /u/Willthemost
    [link] [comments]

    USA - $500 to $700 laptop, purely for college/general usage

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 03:38 PM PDT

    • Total budget and country of purchase: willing to pay up to $700, USA

    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. Battery life is important (8+ hours pref), as well as warranty and solid specs for the price. Not looking for 2 in 1/other fancy features

    • How important is weight and thinness to you? very important, must be portable (under 5 lb)

    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Windows

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. preferably 14 inches

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. MS Office, 20+ chrome tabs, maybe some league

    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? league, low/med settings at 60 fps is fine

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? a good warranty policy would be nice

    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. my last laptop was an Acer Swift 3, which was great for my needs until it just stopped turning on (tried replacing the battery but it's still bricked). repairs are pricey so i'm considering just buying a new & more reliable machine (wary of Acer atm but willing to take suggestions).

      i have a gaming pc so this laptop is really just for taking to class/studying in the library. battery life (8+ hrs), long reliable warranty, quality screen res, portability, and good webcam are most important. would also prefer at least 12gb ram and SSD (bonus if it comes with 1 tb HDD too).

      thanks for all the help in advance!

    submitted by /u/DeeJay_
    [link] [comments]

    Help choosing Gaming Laptop

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 09:10 PM PDT

    As title suggests, I am looking into buying a gaming laptop soon. I think I've narrowed it down to two options: the MSI GS65 Stealth and the Asus Rog Zephyrus S. Both of these being the GTX 1070 versions with 512 GB SSD. $1599 and $1399 respectively on Amazon. They both look to have the same specs but a $200 price difference. I have no experience with gaming laptop so I'm unsure what to look for in terms of heat issues and such. I am not a hardcore gamer. I play games such as Destiny 2, Rocket League, Overwatch, Fortnite, and such. Nothing too demanding and I dont mind not having max graphic settings but would prefer it obviously. The MSI is definitely on the expensive side for me and pushing my budget. Other options would be appreciated but I would like something that could continue to run newer titles. I understand that a PC is better having built one myself two years ago but my current living space is very limited and the portability of a laptop is what I need currently. Thanks in advance! Edit: USA with $1300-1500$ budget. Dont mind waiting a month or possibly two for any upcoming sales.

    submitted by /u/TOMMYNATER1
    [link] [comments]

    Thin and Light Laptop With Good Battery $1100 Canadian

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 02:27 PM PDT

    * **Total budget and country of purchase:**

    $1100 Canadian Dollars

    * **Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.**

    Don't care if it is a 2 in 1 or not, I care more about battery but would like decent performance

    * **How important is weight and thinness to you?**

    Very, I want something super light and portable

    * **Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.**

    Windows

    * **Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.**

    11.6-13.3"

    * **Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.**

    Mostly web browsing and microsoft office, some light CAD work for 3D printing

    * **If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?**

    Light games such as Automation and Minecraft so an igpu is all I need

    * **Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?**

    Build quality is important as I would like it to last atleast 4 years

    * **Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.**

    Just want a thin and light laptop with atleast an i3 and good battery life

    submitted by /u/vinceventresca
    [link] [comments]

    A laptop at 1500AUD for Office work

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 07:56 PM PDT

    • Total budget and country of purchase:

      $1500 AUD, Australia

      • **Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply

    2in1 form factor is a must and good battery life

    • How important is weight and thinness to you?

    Not over 2kg

    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.

    Only Windows

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.

    14-15.6 inches

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.

    Video/Photo edit with a bit of design on the side (hence the 2in1)

    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?

    Slight gaming with esports titles

    • **Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?

    Reliable build quality and fingerprint or face ID

    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.

    Maybe a laptop with at 4gb vram will do, like a 1050/1650

    submitted by /u/GiraffeStrafe
    [link] [comments]

    Is Asus UX310UA a Good Laptop For Me?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 03:17 PM PDT

    I am an undergrad student who is looking for a laptop and I found a used Asus UX310UA for $450 CAD. It has an i5-6300 and the owner says he upgraded the RAM to 16 and it has a 256GB SSD. I am going into computer science at university and want to play League of Legends with 60FPS on any setting. Is this laptop good enough for that? Also would it be possible to add a higher storage unit whether it be an HDD or M.2? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Wildthirsty
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for portable laptop with long battery life + good keyboard, <$750, country: USA

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 06:31 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm mainly looking to edit and store documents and excel spreadsheets on this laptop. I also want to use it when teaching myself to code in Python and R. A long battery life, a decent keyboard, and portability are important.

    I've been using Windows until now, but I'm not wedded to any OS. I'd prefer a screen size between 12 and 14 inches. I will not be using this for photo/video editing or gaming or for work (laptops are provided at the office) and I have an iPad for general browsing/social media/Netflix, so I'm not looking for anything super fancy and want to spend as little on this as is reasonable.

    I don't have any other strict requirements and am pretty clueless on tech specs, so I'd love any advice on which specs would be appropriate for what I want to do. Also, thoughts on new vs refurbished?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/darkflaneuse
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel