• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, August 10, 2019

    Android Help Saturday APPreciation (Aug 10 2019) - Your weekly app recommendation/request thread!

    Android Help Saturday APPreciation (Aug 10 2019) - Your weekly app recommendation/request thread!


    Saturday APPreciation (Aug 10 2019) - Your weekly app recommendation/request thread!

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 04:15 AM PDT

    Note 1. Check out our apps wiki for previous threads and apps curated by the reddit Android community!

    ***NEW: Download the official /r/Android App Store based on our wiki!

    Note 2. Join us at /r/MoronicMondayAndroid, a sub serving as a repository for our retired weekly threads. Just pick any thread and Ctrl-F your way to wisdom!

    Note 2. Join our Discord, IRC, and Telegram chat-rooms! Please see our wiki for instructions.


    This weekly Saturday thread is for:
    * App promotion,
    * App praise/sharing


    Rules:

    1) If you are a developer, you may promote your own app ONLY under the bolded, distinguished moderator comment. Users: if you think someone is trying to bypass this rule by promoting their app in the general thread, click the report button so we can take a look!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Smartphone video capabilities are often ignored. Reviewers should focus more on providing information on the video recording aspect of a smartphone .

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 09:53 AM PDT

    As the title said, it blows my mind on how smartphone reviewers often neglect the video recording quality and features on smartphones. Video recording are literally the second part of a good camera, especially on smartphones. So why does people often ignore the videos capabilities and features on a smartphone?

    I want to see how well the colour are produce on video. I want to see how well the stabilization, OIS & EIS, works. I want to see the video capabilities at night. How well does it fares in difficult lighting. How good are the microphones. Does it have stereo audio capabilities.

    Does it support 4k60fps. How's the ultra wide angle lens video recording compared to the normal wide lense. How hot can the phone become when continuosly shooting a video. What extra features are baked-in the camera app. Does it support HDR10/HDR10+ recording. How good are the Slow Mo videos.

    This applies to the front camera as well. How good is the video capabilities on the front cam. Does it have 4k recording (only Samsung and Asus have 4k front video recording as far as I'm aware of). How good is the stabilization. And etc.

    For example, Google have a tap-focus feature to lock the focus and exposure on a moving subject. Sony have a 21:9 video taking mode to take professional cinema looking videos. Samsung have Super Steady Shot to have the most steady video shots on a smartphone, and with the new Note 10, it have a Zoom-In-Mic feature to block excess sound when zooming in on an object. Not to mention the Live Bokeh Videos on the Note 10+. But this are rarely been pointed out and possibly won't be thoroughly tested by smartphone reviewers.

    Instead, most of the reviews are fill with photo quality, comparing various aspect when taking a photo, while completely rushed through the video capabilities of a smartphone.

    IMO Samsung and Apple are the only company that take video recording seriously, and their video quality and capabilities are one of the best in the market. Samsung even markets their S10 as action video cameras.

    For me at least, video recording is just as important as photo capturing. So I really hope more reviewers start focusing more on video recording quality on smartphones.

    submitted by /u/ggjunior7799
    [link] [comments]

    The Razer Phone 2 is currently 50% off for a limited time

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 12:44 PM PDT

    After 13 months without any updates, my HTC U11 just got Android Pie

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 04:32 AM PDT

    Well, you can't really say the company is dead lol

    Proof: https://i.imgur.com/UAyO7kk.png

    submitted by /u/Roby289
    [link] [comments]

    Here comes your very first look at upcoming hashtag LG phone which I assume will be launched as new G Series model... - OnLeaks on Twitter

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 04:08 PM PDT

    SenseTime requests DMCA takedown of 454 Xiaomi vendor repos

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 09:44 AM PDT

    PSA: Using the Mi Fit app on your Samsung device might degrade your Bluetooth Audio Quality... a lot.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 07:33 AM PDT

    ((Sorry for Any grammar mistakes, English is not my first language)

    Mi Fit is a companion app for your smart wearable. In my case I cannot connect my Mi Band 4 directly to my phone, instead I need to download the app itself and pair it on there. And this is where my problems started

    So I just bought an A70. Its a great phone, excellent display, great build, despite some user feedback, the fingerprint sensors works pretty great for me. However upon connecting my Redmi Airdots I noticed the sound quality was really bad. Like imagine a static noise whenever some highs were present. I tried lowering the volume, using different bluetooth devices (2 Logitech speakers, one Bluetooth speaker" that static noise were still there. So I started googling my problem and I found this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Uh9l2ZvgVs

    The problem in this video is similar too mine. However as you see his fix was to disable dual audio (A feature not represent in my A70). But I'm pretty sure the cause of the problem is the same. The Mi Fit app (and the wearable itself) forces your device to be the primary Bluetooth device connected to your phone, giving that connection a better bandwidth while your actual bluetooth audio device getting a much worse connection.

    I tried unpairing my Mi Band 4 in the Mi Fit app, the problem still remained. So I straight up uninstalled the app and the problem was gone. The sound quality was good again, however now I cannot use my Mi Band 4

    submitted by /u/lesi20
    [link] [comments]

    VMOS Virtual Android on Android - Double Your System

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 06:20 AM PDT

    Run a VM (Virtual Machine) on your android smartphone.

    Have a secondary phone environment on your phone.

    Has root access via SuperSU and runs Android 5.1.1 {Lollipop} (90% app compatibility)

    Has full Google play services.

    Runs smooth on Samsung Galaxy S8+

    4gb of ram is the minimum.

    Also vmos gets root for any device that can't be rooted like Samsung via vm. So you can test your mods and try out root apps.

    To root your vm:

    Settings - - > about phone - - > tap build number tell it says you're a developer - - > go to developer settings (above about phone) - - > turn root on & reboot your vm

    Go to SuperSU app go to settings and make SuperSU apps only. Don't touch anything else.

    Now your vm has root access.

    Magisk will not work on your vm only SuperSU.

    Google Play download

    submitted by /u/Blood_Reaper
    [link] [comments]

    EMUI 10 Android Q on Huawei P30 Pro hands-on

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 12:36 PM PDT

    [DISCUSSION] Why are phone manufacturers ditching the headphone jack?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 08:35 AM PDT

    Considering the fact that Samsung's Note 10 won't have a headphone jack, I feel like the time, when no 3.5mm connection will be the norm, is really close.

    I'm wondering why are more and more manufacturers making this decision.

    I am genuinely interested in what you guys think?

    submitted by /u/PartyPancakes123
    [link] [comments]

    Oppo Reno 10x Zoom experiences - color me impressed

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 01:45 PM PDT

    After much liberation I decided to jump into the unknown and give the Reno 10x zoom a try. Oppo is very unknown in Western Europe, but I knew that they were pulling massive numbers in other regions.

    At first I was hesitant to get the phone due to this measure of unfamiliarity. After 48 hours I can easily tell you that getting this phone has been, without a doubt, the best decision of the year thus far.

    The phone is very unapologetic with great battery life and a great camera. It is also one of the best non-curved flagships currently available for who cares about that sort of stuff. The phone is heavy, I'll admit, but to me that is something that I like about the phone. It doesn't have an IP rating which sucks a bit but I would never purposely expose my phone to conditions that would warrent such a rating. Still it is a thing to consider.

    As far as the software is concerned, color OS 6 has been very comfortable and I prefer it over Samsung's One UI that I have on my secondary phone. It is clean and easy to use with useful adaptations to Android Pie such as the smart assisant and the notifications menu with it's bigger buttons to make one handed use easier.

    The thing I am the most impressed about is the camera. The photos it shoots very capable pictures without too much saturation or contrast.

    With the immediate and long-term future of Huawei being in question, the Oneplus pro's camera not being the best and Samsung's flagships (al least the Exynos variants) also having their own sets of problems, the Reno 10x zoom offers a true viable alternative to the aforementioned devices.

    I hope Oppo is able to get a foot on the ground here in Europe. And I would recommend this phone to most people who are in the market for a big screen flagship.

    I will edit this post later to include some photos which I took showing off the camera.

    submitted by /u/Barnie25
    [link] [comments]

    Daniel Micay on OS Security: iOS vs GrapheneOS vs stock Android

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 03:43 AM PDT

    Android Auto Update UK

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 02:32 AM PDT

    Hopefully this is helpful for some people like myself that didn't know but you can enable the New UI within the Android Auto app settings on phone. Phone needs to be disconnected from USB on Vehicle when enabling.

    This was on Pixel 3 XL hopefully all phones should have it too.

    submitted by /u/hengensheight
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel