• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Wednesday, August 14, 2019

    I'm conflicted on whether to take a Helios 300(2019) Or a Lenovo Y540. Please help me out guys.

    I'm conflicted on whether to take a Helios 300(2019) Or a Lenovo Y540. Please help me out guys.


    I'm conflicted on whether to take a Helios 300(2019) Or a Lenovo Y540. Please help me out guys.

    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 12:06 AM PDT

    The specs are:

    Lenovo Y540:

    i7 9th Gen 16 GB ram on single channel

    No max fans, can't control fan speed manually.

    RTX 2060( the most common config is a GTX 1660ti but I'm looking for the RTX on this one) 1TB ssd No undervolted cpu from the box. Also no overclocking CPU/GPU

    Helios 300

    i7 9th gen

    16 GB ram on dual channel Max fans and overclocked GPU and CPU on turbo mode. 1660ti(Not looking for an RTX for this one because the RTX version of Helios is very costly.) Undervolted and better thermals. 1TB hdd and 256gb ssd.

    Now u might say, Helios is the clear option but the case here is the price is almost the same for both and if I opt for the Y540 I'll get an RTX and 1tb of ssd(no hdd though) Please Help me out.

    submitted by /u/ashishsunny
    [link] [comments]

    college student here!

    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 12:12 AM PDT

    hello, i'm in the need of owning a laptop for my first year of college. I don't really know much about laptops on what's good to get and to have in handy. I'll be mostly be using it to do my homework, youtube, surfing the web and maybe make personal videos. Something light weight, easy to cary around, good battery life. I've had my eye on a macbook pro, a little to expensive for me, but i am an apple user, i use my icloud email more. Doesn't have to be a apple, any suggestion works. My budget is 500 - 800ish tops.

    I DONT KNOW WHATS GOOD BUT THANKS

    blacklist keyboard, not dull, ugly lookin laptop ha

    submitted by /u/melixcx
    [link] [comments]

    Help me decide between these two laptops please.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 03:24 PM PDT

    My wife is in college and wants a laptop for all of her schoolwork but also one that she could load up fortnite and play a few games without bad FPS at decent graphics. I came across these two and we are looking around a budget of $800 and these two are the best two I have found.

    https://www.microcenter.com/product/513696/dell-g3-15-3579-156-quot

    https://www.microcenter.com/product/606146/tuf-fx505du-mb53-156-gaming-laptop-computer---black

    Any help is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Tarzeus
    [link] [comments]

    A laptop for college. Thanks for the help in advance!

    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 12:40 AM PDT

    **Total budget and country of purchase:** Around $900 USD

    **Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.** I prefer a touch-screen, so a 2 in 1 is ok, with a good battery life (8 hours or more). Like many other college students, I am not that wealthy so I want something that is worth my money.

    **How important is weight and thinness to you?** I would like something at most 5 lbs. Thinness doesn't really matter to me.

    **Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.** Windows, I will be programming as a computer science major.

    **Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.** N/A

    **Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.** Just programming.

    **If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?** I am not looking to game with the laptop.

    **Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?** I would like a touch-screen. Optical drives and finger-print readers aren't really necessary for me.

    **Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.** Generally, I will be using this laptop for college. I want a laptop that isn't heavy so I don't destroy my back and I want a decent battery life to last throughout the day. Once again, I am not using this laptop for games so the graphics card doesn't need to be that good.

    Is the Acer Spin 3 a good option? What other options are available besides this? https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Convertible-Fingerprint-Rechargeable-SP314-53N-77AJ/dp/B07QXL8YCX/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=acer+spin+3&qid=1565768234&s=gateway&sr=8-3

    submitted by /u/crazymandan123
    [link] [comments]

    College laptop for note taking.

    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 12:33 AM PDT

    I bought my ProStar gaming laptop from people's suggestions here last year and I am still using it to this day. So now I'm back looking for suggestions on a laptop for note taking that includes a pen.

    I found this one but maybe there is one out there with a slightly bigger screen? https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/student-laptops/300e/p/81FY0019US

    • Total budget and country of purchase: Around $500 U.S
    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. 2 in 1, with a pen. The pen is a must for me lol
    • How important is weight and thinness to you? Not really that important.
    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Windows
    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. Around 13-15.6
    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.
      No, just note taking
    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?
      Don't need gaming specs.
    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? Touchscreen, with pen. Good battery.
    submitted by /u/WeichengJL
    [link] [comments]

    Which one of these is the better machine for me?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 04:11 AM PDT

    I need a smooth, relatively lightweight, reliable machine for Firefox/Chrome/Opera(a looooootta tabs)and video editing.

    I also need great battery, good temperatures and decent screen.

    My options are:

    MSI PS63 Modern 1050-Max Q version, 1500 USD

    Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 2018, 1200/1500 USD

    Macbook Pro 13 2019, 1400/1600 USD

    Huawei Matebook X Pro 2018/2019, 1500/1600 USD

    I buy in Europe/USA Screen Size doesn't really matter Budget is around 1500 as you can see

    submitted by /u/StrawHat1997
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop for Programing, Photo editing and gaming max 1500€

    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 04:00 AM PDT

    Hey everyone. I am searching a laptop for :

    • programing(SQL, CSS, HTML, PHP, JAVA SCRIPT, C#)
    • Photo editing(Lightroom, Photoshop, Illustrator)
    • Gaming(CSGO, GTA5, PUBG...)high to highest more than 60 fps on 1920:1080.

    Right one I found a perfcect laptop: Razer Blade 15 (2018 base model).

    I want a good enough display, and solid body + no gamerish look that is to thick and so on.

    If you find anything similar or better value please give me some recommendations.

    Have a good one

    submitted by /u/LaDeyc
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a high quality laptop

    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 03:19 AM PDT

    I'm looking for an MacBook alternative aside of Razer

    It must have:

    • a great great great touchpad
    • metal unibody design
    • gaming capabilities
    • good battery life
    submitted by /u/loveit666
    [link] [comments]

    HP Pavilion Gaming 15 (2019) v Dell G3 Gaming 15 (2019)

    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 03:00 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I'm about to go to University in September away from Home, I'm a keen gamer, so I really was looking for a laptop that would allow me to play some games, at 60 FPS, but I'm not expecting to run AC Origins on Ultra or anything like that, games like; Hearts of Iron 4, Rainbow Six Siege, Overwatch, Civ VI etc.

    I found two laptops within my budget that have the right specs I'm looking for, both have exactly the same specs, but I don't know which one to go with.

    The first one is the HP Pavilion Gaming 15 Inch laptop: https://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=7DZ22EA&opt=ABU&sel=NTB

    The second one is the Dell G3 15 Inch Laptop: https://www.dell.com/en-uk/shop/gaming-and-games/dell-g3-15-gaming-laptop/spd/g-series-15-3590-laptop/cn35919

    The Dell is around £100 more than the HP but after using my entitled student discounts I get the Dell down to around £740 and the HP down to £719, it's really just which one is better.

    I want something to last me the entirety of my degree, so 4 years at least. I don't want something that's going to overheat, or be a crap laptop.

    Would appreciate any assistance in choosing :D

    submitted by /u/Storxm
    [link] [comments]

    Ultra book for light gaming and casual use.

    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 02:38 AM PDT

    Im looking for a laptop as a complement to my gaming station.This is why i prefer a good looking, thin and light ultra book. I will do some light gaming (mostly Wolrd of Warcraft Classic, farming and leveling) and watch twitch, youtube netflix etc.

    Total budget and country of purchase:

    Around 1500 EUR, will buy the laptop in Sweden

    Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.

    Prefer 2in1 not required, don't care about battery life that much.

    How important is weight and thinness to you?

    Very important

    Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.

    Windows

    Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.

    13-15

    Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.

    Gaming, twitch, youtube, neftlix etc.

    If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?

    World of warcraft Classic, around 40-60+ would be nice.

    Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?

    I really prefer a good looking, thin laptop over anything else. Similar to Macbook or Matebooks, in metal and thin bezels all around the screen.

    Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.

    I've mostly looked at all of the matebooks, 13,14 and x pro. I really like the looks of those laptops, and I think they would be enough for me to farm some wow while hanging out with my GF in the living room. I cannot seem to find any information about the 2019 models and their release dates here in Sweden. So if you know of anything similar I'd love to here about it.

    submitted by /u/Ditail
    [link] [comments]

    A 2-in-1 business/gaming laptop for a maximum of a $1000.

    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 02:02 AM PDT

    * **Total budget and country of purchase:** Hungary or Austria, €900/$1000 (absolute max)

    * **Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.** Best specifications, if it can do 3-5 hours browsing/office, I'll be happy.

    * **How important is weight and thinness to you?** Weight not so much, but it shouldn't be bulky/too thick.

    * **Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.** Win10

    * **Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.** 14-15.6

    * **Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.** I'd like to do some gaming. I'd be nice to run Witcher 3 and the like, but it doesn't need to run the most recent games on ultra high.

    * **If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?** Witcher 3 in an enjoyable form, Fifa 20

    * **Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?** NVME SSD was recommended to me, so maybe that. A nice keyboard would be great and I'd like to specifically avoid the "gaming laptop" look.

    * **Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.**

    My main goal is to find a laptop, which I can bring to class if needed, so it looks nice and neat, but it has something going for it under the hood. So no integrated graphics card and so on.

    Thank you in advance for all of your help.

    submitted by /u/abrakdarabra
    [link] [comments]

    Budget laptop for heavy typing tasks/online work

    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 01:40 AM PDT

    I need something for work. I'm typing practically 8 hours a day and constantly have several active tabs open on Chrome, one of which takes a ton of memory. Current laptop is this and it's literally falling apart and just doesn't cut it.

    * **Total budget and country of purchase:**

    US, $500

    * **Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.**

    Best specifications

    * **How important is weight and thinness to you?**

    Not at all

    * **Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.**

    Windows, Chrome

    * **Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.**

    15.6" minimum.

    * **Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.**

    Would be cool if I could jump on World of Warcraft like I do maybe 2 months of the year, or use a DS emulator.Otherwise no games.

    Am doing video editing type tasks online.

    * **Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?**

    I need a GREAT keyboard, good display and good sound card.

    submitted by /u/trwwyco
    [link] [comments]

    14" and up. MAX $1600. (US) I'm lost. It's been so long, I don't know what I'm looking at.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 09:47 PM PDT

    The last time I bought a laptop was in 2011, the same time I built my desktop, and I honestly don't even know what I'm looking at anymore. I haven't kept up with the technology over the years.

    So, please help me.

    A little background:

    • I am a CAD Draftsman, and I am looking for a laptop that can handle AutoCAD pretty much constantly, a lot of which is GIS based with multiple layers and overlays/underlays. I will be using Inventor/Solidworks just as much.

    • I won't be doing any gaming or anything.

    • My max budget is $1600, and I will have to finance it. (I am still a student as well, so if you know of any discounts to help me out, that would be awesome)

    Here are a few that I have looked at so far:

    I am by no means limited to these, and very open to suggestions.

    submitted by /u/GodDamTrendyAssPoser
    [link] [comments]

    Need an Ultrabook with discrete graphics

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 01:29 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    Like the title said I'm looking for an ultrabook size laptop with discrete graphics. I need portability but would still like the option of light gaming in my hotel room. The main games I play right now are overwatch and rocket league. I'm coming from a macbook but need a windows laptop and I don't want to run parallels or bootcamp.

    Total budget - $2k+

    Screen size - 13"-14"

    Factors that are important to me:

    • Need an i7
    • 16 gb ram min or have the ability to upgrade
    • 512gb nvme min or have the ability to upgrade
    • Weight - I don't want a 5lb laptop. I would like something lightweight.
    • Heat - I don't want an over on my lap. I often use a laptop as a "laptop" and have it on my lap. I was looking at an MSI PS63 Modern but the thermals got crazy hot.
    • Materials - I'm coming from a macbook so obviously I prefer aluminum construction. Not a fan of plastic panels.
    • Screen - 1080 or 4k either will work but I care about brightness. I've looked at a few 250-300 nit screens and they just look dim.
    • Touchpad - This is super important to me as I'm places where I can't use a mouse quite often. I'm spoiled coming from a macbook. I've tested the surfacebook and razer touch pads and they seem to be my two favorite.

    Laptops I've considered:

    • Razer Blade Stealth (2019) w/ MX150 - I love the look of this laptop. This was my front runner until I read through many, many problems people are having such as left type c not working often, overheating, lid wasn't formed properly and therefore won't close and can't sustain a charge while gaming and plugged in. There just seems to be a big problem with QC on these units. Also, apparently the screens are TFT and not IPS? I hope that's not right.
    • Huawei MateBook X Pro - Love the look of this laptop. I've read about major issues with a touchpad rattle and that would drive me insane. Also, concerned about warranty issues.
    • Dell XPS 15 -- Overall I wasn't very impressed. The laptop felt kind of cheap for the price tag and I could not stand the touchpad.
    • Lenovo Yoga C930 - I actually bought this laptop fully spec out. I loved everything about it and hoped just maybe i could get overwatch to run at playable settings but that was no go on the UHD 620 so it was returned. If I could buy this laptop with a discrete card that would be the winner to me.

    I'm honestly lost at this point. I would love some guidance and opinions as I just can't seem to find the laptop that fits. I appreciate any help!

    submitted by /u/S3RIPH
    [link] [comments]

    Chemistry grad student needing to replace my old laptop, USA, ~$700 +/- $200, 15.6"+

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 08:47 PM PDT

    • Total budget and country of purchase: About $700, plus/minus $200. Obviously the best bang for your buck is great, but also don't want to shaft myself in a few years

    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. I think a decent amount of RAM would be good, as many windows/programs are usually open at a time for me. Not sure if this is the right interpretation of it but I'd prefer a traditional laptop over a 2 in 1, but again price is a little more important for me

    • How important is weight and thinness to you? not very

    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Windows ideally, but I know plenty of people who use Mac in chem

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. I like a bit of a larger screen, just so I can see what's going on. Probably at least a 15.6"

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. No CAD, although there are several chemistry-based programs I need to run; ChemDraw, MNova, and Mercury are the main ones. I'd also want to be able to be able to do a little bit of casual gaming.

    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? As mentioned above, it's pretty casual. I mainly play Civ with my friends, and I'm not worried at all about the graphics for that.

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? I'd prefer to avoid a touch screen. I do like having a number pad on the keyboard as opposed to just the numbers across the top. Finger print reader isn't necessary but is nice, and I feel the same way about the optical drive.

    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. I'm looking to move on from a 64 bit Thinkpad (E540 I think?) that had an i7, 4 GB of RAM, and then it says I have a "449 GB" hard drive. It got me through undergrad and my first year of grad school and is crawling to the finish. It seems like previous posts all received similar recommendations of a Lenovo T480, so that's something else I could look into. Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the input!

    submitted by /u/pinotsandro
    [link] [comments]

    A laptop for University. 400€, Greece.

    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 12:29 AM PDT

    Total budget and country of purchase: 400€, Greece

    Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. I would prefer both but a good battery is more important for me

    How important is weight and thinness to you? I would prefer something not heavy but it's not a deal breaker

    Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Windows 10

    Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. N/A

    Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. I will play videogames on my PC. I will probably use some Photoshop and Davinci Resolve with this laptop.

    If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? -

    Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? Good build quality and I guess good input devices

    Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. This laptop will be mainly used for Office and a lot of Netflix/Hulu.

    submitted by /u/r1092387456
    [link] [comments]

    I want to buy a engineering laptop that will last me through university. I have used the form provided to give my requirements! Thanks in advance!

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 03:28 PM PDT

    • Total budget and country of purchase: I prefer to stay below $1000 in around the $800, $900 range. I am in Canada.

    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. I need a laptop for engineering and while I don't know the exact requirements, I know I need i5 processor minimum, 256GB SSD but 512GB SSD preferred, and 8GB RAM.

    • How important is weight and thinness to you? I don't like the super bulky gaming laptops. I'm not too concerned as long as it's not like one of those gaming laptops.

    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Windows because I need to run engineering applications.

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. Somewhere around 15 inches.

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. Programs like autocad etc that will be used for engineering.

    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? Not a gamer!

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? Something that can last me my 4 years of engineering and potentially even more. Something durable and something that isn't too uncomfortable to use.

    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. I start 1st year in September. Obviously engineering requires you to run a lot of powerful applications. What is required, 256GB SSD or 512GB SSD? And what is the minimum for RAM, 8GB RAM DDR4 or 16GB RAM DDR4?

    submitted by /u/SunsCanucks
    [link] [comments]

    I'd love some help finding a good laptop for general use with the possibility of light to moderate gaming/photo editing

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 08:59 AM PDT

    I've been using the websites recommended but many of the computers I like are unavailable now or a different price than listed.

    I was interested in/drawn to the Asus Zenbook 13 Ultraslim; Dell XPS 13/15; LG Gram Thin & Light, etc.

    * **Total budget and country of purchase:**

    $1000, USA. Will go a bit higher if absolutely amazing

    * **Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.**

    Battery and space important! I want the most quality I can get for the price and something that will last more than a couple of years. Speed and reliability are big. 2-in-1/features are nice but not important.

    * **How important is weight and thinness to you?**

    I'm fairly flexible but thin and light is better

    * **Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.**

    Prefer Windows, may be open to Mac

    * **Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.**

    N/A

    * **Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.**

    Probably some photo editing (Photoshop/GIMP) and would like to start light to moderate gaming.

    * **If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?**

    Sims 4

    * **Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?**

    Need/prefer backlit and high quality keyboard, reliable build.

    Touch screen, number pad a plus

    * **Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.**

    -My main uses are internet and work (I'm a teacher so lots of pdfs, word processing etc.) I would like to be able to game a bit and do some recreational photo editing without it impacting the laptop's function for work. Speed, space, and a long life are top priorities.

    TIA

    EDIT: details

    submitted by /u/agentspinnaker
    [link] [comments]

    Incoming Freshman looking for reliable laptop

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 11:27 PM PDT

    * **Total budget and country of purchase:**

    Around $1000 +/- 300? I am willing to go higher for something that will last me a long time. USA

    * **Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.**

    I am intrigued by 2-in-1 but have never used one. Not a deal breaker if it's not. I would like a good battery life, something around 10 hours?

    * **How important is weight and thinness to you?**

    the lighter the better

    * **Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.**

    Windows

    * **Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.**

    13" or 14" something that won't take up much space on a desk/table

    * **Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.**

    maybe some light gaming

    * **If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?**

    nothing too demanding

    * **Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?**

    I would prefer a keyboard with more of an "impact" than something like a macbook, I like to feel the key presses. Touch screen would be nice but if it affects battery or performance I'd rather go without because i don't see myself using it too much. finger print reader would be a plus.

    * **Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.**

    I will be using this laptop for college and want something that will last me through at least 4 years. I will mostly be using it to run MS Office and watching youtube/Netflix. I would prefer something with a usb A. So far I have considered the Dell XPS 13 or a Thinkpad (like the X1 carbon?). If i had to put what I want into one word it would be "reliable." Any recommendations/thoughts appreciated :)

    submitted by /u/Benny_Harvey
    [link] [comments]

    Help me choose a machine

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 11:22 PM PDT

    Hey, so I am about to buy a laptop and I am trying to pick between these two ( I am able to take either one for the same price) the Lenovo has 2400 MHz 16 GB Ram the cheap 60 hz display i7-9750H 256 ssd and 1TB hdd and a 4GB GTX 1650 and the Omen ( full name is HP Omen 17-an105nu - 4PR83EA) has 2666MHz 16 GB ram, 4GB GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB ssd and a 1TB hdd.

    I would love to hear what you guys think and if you need any extra info, please let me know.

    submitted by /u/BlueProducer
    [link] [comments]

    Dell Inspiron 7591 vs Lenovo Ideapad L730 Gaming vs Asus Zenbook 14/15 - $1000-$1300 (India)

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 11:20 PM PDT

    • **Total budget and country of purchase:**
      $1200 & India
    • **Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.**
      Anything
    • **How important is weight and thinness to you?**
      Moderate
    • **Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.**
      Windows
    • **Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.**
      N/A
    • **Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.**
      All
    • **If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?**
      playable FPS
    • **Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?**FP Reader, good touchpad
    • **Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.**

    So I have finally jotted down three laptops (four considering ASUS's pricing).

    Dell Inspiron 7591:i7 9750H, 16 GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB SSD, GTX 1050, Fingerprint reader, 54 WHr battery, 1.85 kg, $1200

    Lenovo L340 Gaming:i7 9750H, 16 GB DDR4 SODIMM RAM, 512 GB SSD, GTX 1050, *No Fingerprint*, 45 WHr battery, 2.12 kg, $1083

    Asus Zenbook 14:i7 8565U, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Intel UHD, Fingerprint + Windows Hello, 50 WHr, 1.19 kg, $1199 Asus Zenbook 15 i7 8565U, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1060 MAX Q, Fingerprint +Windows Hello, 73WHr 1.67 kg, $2,111

    Which one do you recommend? Or is there any laptop you would add to list?Intent of Usage: 3D applications CAD, Industry softwares, Browsing, AAA light gaming & lightweight too.

    submitted by /u/uni3que
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on Lenovo L340 gaming laptop?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 10:59 PM PDT

    This laptop looks pretty cool. Good hardware, not really any gamer aesthetic. What are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Jakobee129
    [link] [comments]

    Need A Laptop For School - Lightweight and Semi-Powerful

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 10:35 PM PDT

    Hello! I'm in the market for a laptop for school. I wanted a laptop for school that was sleek, lightweight, and semi-powerful. I plan on doing some light-medium gaming.

    I would prefer the following specs, but they are not required:

    -Any quad-core i5/i7

    -gtx 1050ti

    -8/16gb RAM

    -512gbSSD (atleast 512GB of storage, preferably ssd but not required).\

    I've been looking at the Dell XPS 15 9570 and it seems like a solid laptop, but it's very expensive. I wouldn't mind gaming laptop recommendations as long as they're not too bulky. Is there anything you know of that could rival the XPS 15 at a better price?

    submitted by /u/OceanDescendant
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for $1000 +/- $300 for Computer Science/Engineering at University

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 02:42 PM PDT

    Hello! I start college in 2 weeks and I am still in having trouble finding the perfect laptop. I've got certain features I prioritize more than others -

    My #1 Priority is weight, I am goimg to be at a large campus and my walk between classes is about an hour each day and I don't want to be weighed down by a massive laptop.

    My next priority is the keyboard, I've been programming for years and what I hate more than anything is a squishy keyboard, also I have pretty big hands so I don't want anything too cramped. In that same vein I'd like a touch screen for convenience purposes

    Decent specs are important too as Java eats up menory like nobody's business and I will need to run programs like Solidworks and the like.

    Other than that, a good display is pretty important, a bright screen would be nice as I'd like to work outside every now and again.

    I'm willing to compromise on any of these features and maybe shovel a bit more money out there for the perfect laptop. I don't care which OS the laptop has. Alsooo, thanks for reading this and have a great day!

    submitted by /u/PigInATuxedo4
    [link] [comments]

    Need a dedicated Laptop!

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 11:49 AM PDT

    Hello,

    So i am looking for a dedicated laptop (currently have a Surface Pro 4), mainly to play light games (Runescape, Indie Games, Older games, maybe Overwatch), and overall web use/video watching. Ideally its light weight, and 13 inches. But i could push both of those.

    My budget would be $600. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/dbuck79
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel