• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, August 5, 2019

    How do I set up keyboard macros if I don’t have a dedicated keyboard software or a windows keyboard? Windows Help

    How do I set up keyboard macros if I don’t have a dedicated keyboard software or a windows keyboard? Windows Help


    How do I set up keyboard macros if I don’t have a dedicated keyboard software or a windows keyboard?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 06:00 PM PDT

    Mouse won't click

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 04:07 PM PDT

    So I just turned my pc on and my mouse clicks won't work. The cursor moves, but I can't click anything. I can only click things initially on the start screen. Help? (I'm using a Logitech g402 mouse)

    submitted by /u/ziro2
    [link] [comments]

    Install windows from Linux without reboot

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 06:42 PM PDT

    Hi all, I was surprised this worked and thought I'd share.

    No burning USB sticks or faffing around with keys when the computer they are written down on is out of action.

    Objective: Install windows on my other hard drive for dual boot

    Staring point: Ubuntu, a ke,y and a Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft

    Method:

    1. Install VMWare Player (free)
    2. Run VMWare Player as root
    3. Create a new windows VM, enter your serial, and create a little 1gb virtual drive as you won't be using it
    4. Boot the new VM. It will begin installing windows on the virtual hard drive
    5. Quickly open the running virtual machines settings, click add.
    6. Prompted for type in the wizard select Physical Hard Drive and choose your target drive from the dropdown
    7. Reset the virtual machine and watch as it formats the physical drive and installs windows
    8. Allow the virtual machine to reboot so vmware can magic the post install, wait for boot to desktop
    9. Terminal: sudo update-grub
    10. Reboot choose Windows, enjoy

    I suspect this would work for a partition also, if it showed up in the Physical Hard Drive list.

    submitted by /u/ButlerFish
    [link] [comments]

    Windows NTFS File System Journaling - Forensics

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 04:53 AM PDT

    Good morning,

    I've just released a new episode in the Introduction to Windows Forensics series entitled "NTFS Journal Forensics." As you might have guessed by the title, this episode covers file system journaling in NTFS. From a forensics perspective, there's a large amount of information that can be gleaned from this data, including one of the only ways we can prove if and when something was deleted from an NTFS volume. We'll take a look at the $MFT and the two different journals maintained by this file system ($UsnJrnl and $LogFile), and highlight the differences between them. Then, we'll learn how to use Triforce ANJP to parse these important artifacts.

    Episode:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mwiShxREm8

    Episode Guide:
    https://www.13cubed.com/episodes

    Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/13cubed

    Patreon (Help support 13Cubed):
    https://www.patreon.com/13cubed

    submitted by /u/13Cubed
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with windows 10 and my keyboard

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 03:44 PM PDT

    It was very spaced out before, but now it happened twice in one day. Whenever my PC goes to sleep, I need to log back in like normal. Whenever this happens almost all of my keys don't work. The fix I found is pressing "forgot my password". That's it. At that point I just exit out and I can use my original password to sign in, keyboard functionality completely restored.

    submitted by /u/SkeleHoes
    [link] [comments]

    Just a Little Throw Back to One of My Favorite Operating Systems

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 06:24 PM PDT

    Old versions of WMM

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 09:02 PM PDT

    so i'll be honest, i just wanna make ironically bad memes for my friends and i. so i was wondering if i can download the old versions of windows movie maker online?

    submitted by /u/HDElevator
    [link] [comments]

    Create Snapshot for Windows

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 12:53 PM PDT

    Hello,

    Every time I install and Set up a PC I usually install the same software and make the same configurations (systems settings as standard apps for filetypes, registry changes, installation of programs etc.) and I wanted to know If there is a possibility to make some kind of a snapshot of my system as an .iso-file to later use it for a re-installation so that I don't have to do the same procedure over and over again.

    For those who ask, I often format and reinstall my PC when it get's too slow or something similar.

    submitted by /u/Alpha-Inc
    [link] [comments]

    Extracting Windows License for potential use elsewhere?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 03:17 PM PDT

    I think I might already know how to do this, but I'm posting here just to make sure I know what I'm doing so I don't end up having to buy a new license or something. I bought a laptop recently, and it's going to have Windows 10 installed on it. I'm actually going to be installing a different OS entirely on it and deleting Windows, but I want to extract the license key so I can re-install Windows in case I need to return the laptop or anything like that. If I'm not mistaken, I think there might be a feature in the Windows 10 installer to say you don't have a product key and it'll try to detect one, but I'm really not sure where the product key could be stored and detected even if I wipe the hard drive, which is what I'm planning to do anyways, so I want to still do this just in case so I can make sure I will be able to re-install Windows if I ever need to.

    submitted by /u/messazoic
    [link] [comments]

    How does a Installer Work?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 11:41 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I recently installed some old Games which came on CD on my Windows 10 and because the CD looks really scratched and destroyed and as far as I can evaluate I don't think the CD won't be „alive" for a long time. So my question in general is, what does an Installer of a cd does? Is ist just unpacking all the files to my local hard drive or does it something more?

    In order to that Is It possible to copy all the extracted files on my hard drive to an external hard drive to use the files later without a re-installation? Before anyone want's to say something - Neither the game nor the CD has a DRM Protection so I'm not asking for anything illegal.

    submitted by /u/Alpha-Inc
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 keeps resetting my settings. Any way to prevent this?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 08:45 PM PDT

    Every time Windows 10 updates (which is frequently), all of my settings get reset. System Restore points are re-enabled, automatic defragmenting is re-enabled, etc...

    Is there a toggle switch somewhere that tells Microsoft to leave my settings alone?

    submitted by /u/knightmike2018
    [link] [comments]

    "The file '<%1 NULL:NameDest>' is too large for the destination file system" pops up when creating a new folder within symoblic link

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 08:38 PM PDT

    I used to have a symbolic link on my "C" drive that points to a network location using the command "mklink /D C:\link \\network\share" and everything worked well. Recently after updating windows, when I go into the symbolic link inside C:\link and create a new folder, an error pops up saying "The file '<%1 NULL:NameDest>' is too large for the destination file system". But whenever I go directly to that network drive using "\\network\share" and create a new folder, everything works flawlessly. I recreated this symbolic link on a different computer that has not been updated to the newest windows update and it does not have this problem. Is this a bug and what can I do? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Djstar12
    [link] [comments]

    Need your help... I've tried everything. USB ports not working.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 11:37 AM PDT

    Recently ALL my usb ports on my Asus laptop stopped working. I'm pretty tech savvy and usually able to fix everything myself, so I go and check the drivers and see that there is almost no USB drivers installed. The only one there was the intel 3.0 driver that had a Code 10 error. I uninstalled that last driver and restarted Windows because windows will usually reinstall missing drivers upon start up. Windows did not install any of the necessary drivers except xHCi compliant host controller which ALSO has a Code 10. At this point I backed up my data via my home network and reset my PC (reinstall windows). After I reinstall windows I have the same problem, no drivers, and it's not like USB root hub drivers are available online and the intel 3.0 driver isn't either. What should I do? I felt like I've done everything. Also I have no idea why they stopped working, I just woke up someday and nothing was working. I wonder if there are any command line/powershell things I can do to force windows to install the drivers?

    submitted by /u/justinsst
    [link] [comments]

    Windows Update Disconnects My WiFi

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 03:23 PM PDT

    Hello,

    My laptop did an automatic update, and I haven't been able to properly connect to my wifi ever since.

    Sometimes my laptop disconnects and I have to restart it and it always worked, but when I did it this time it only worked for about a minute and the wifi icon changed to some sort of globe, I tried resetting it again and it keeps happening.

    Is anyone else having this problem? How can I fix this issue?

    submitted by /u/MrsMonterey
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to set your keys to the following: you press f and it triggers the “f” function, and when you release the key it triggers again? Instead of sending one hold f signal, it would send to f signals, one when you press f, and one when you release. Thanks for the help.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 06:39 PM PDT

    Strange mouse sensitivity problem

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 02:40 PM PDT

    So today i got back from vacation back to home and booted up my PC, super motivated to create things. I noticed that the mouse sensitivity is extremely fast, so i tried changing the sensitivity settings but nothing seems to work.

    submitted by /u/Jadturentale
    [link] [comments]

    Fixing Event ID 10016

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 02:37 PM PDT

    After having spent the past day intensely hunting down Event Viewer errors and warnings, I got a whoa moment today by following this simply guide that explains the reason; https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/windows-10-error-id-10016.2752271/

    1. Type or paste 'regedit' into the Search Windows box.
    2. Navigate to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Ole'.
    3. Delete these four keys if they appear, DefaultAccessPermission, DefaultLaunchPermission, MachineAccessRestriction, MachineLaunchRestriction.
    4. Reboot your computer.

    I followed the guide thinking noting special would happen, but something did because Windows became much more responsive all of the sudden, and looking in the Event Viewer there were about 5 red alerts because of dead DCOM objects that were no longer loaded after rebooting. The registry deletions basically forced Windows to evaluate all DCOM objects and purge all dead ones.

    submitted by /u/sn0wf1ake1
    [link] [comments]

    Starting with a fresh installation of windows

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 02:57 PM PDT

    In the "recovery" section of settings there is an option to start fresh with a clean installation of windows. Has anyone here done that? Does it work? Is it a good idea?

    submitted by /u/dancingcats99
    [link] [comments]

    Please help. Windows 7 professional.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 04:50 PM PDT

    So a friend gifted me a basic computer with Windows 7 professional installed. I have another computer and it has windows 10 and whatnot but I have no idea how to transfer stuff in between computers so anyways. Anyways this new one doesn't want to connect to the internet at all. It says it needs a driver for my network adapter. How do I fix that? What is that? I've tried looking it up but I can never find a clear answer. Thanks advance guys.

    submitted by /u/ZeroXmbreon
    [link] [comments]

    Reinstall Windows Microsoft Surface Pro 4

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 01:43 PM PDT

    Does anyone know how to do this without the stupid "Recovery Key" and associated garbage they've applied? All I want to do is get a clean install of Windows.

    submitted by /u/greylaw89
    [link] [comments]

    Windows Defender is blocking Windows'

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 12:52 PM PDT

    First it asked if it should allow access to windows explorer, now its asking if it should allow access to shell infrastructure host. I clicked allow the first time, now I haven't yet because I don't know wtf is going on.

    Edit: Title was supposed to say Windows' programs

    Update: my computer restarted by itself. I haven't recieved any more noitifications.

    submitted by /u/Cinigra
    [link] [comments]

    Making bootable device for windows 10

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 06:18 PM PDT

    Hello guys I want to ask how can I make a USB bootable device for my new rig if it only supports UEFI? UEFI supports fat32 by default and fat32 have 4gb limit while the iso of windows 10 is 4.6 gig.

    submitted by /u/xzql
    [link] [comments]

    Why does a Windows 10 1803 and newer setup ISO refuse to accept any Windows 10 1709 images?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 01:43 PM PDT

    I noticed this while working on my personal Windows AIO disk image. For some reason, whenever I use an install.wim image that has any variant of Windows 10 1709 (except for Server Core) included, the setup claims it can't find the software terms when choosing any of the 1709 images. This even happens when using the install.wim file from an official Windows 10 1709 ISO.

    Does anyone know what actually causes this issue to occur and how it is suppose to be fixed?

    submitted by /u/TheMCNerd2014
    [link] [comments]

    Where is hide disabled devices in Windows 10 now?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 11:30 AM PDT

    I can no longer find the option to hide disabled devices in windows. The reason I want to do this is it shows these disabled devices as options in my sound settings. It also will try to randomly select these for no apparent reason that I can figure. If I could just hide or disable them permanently, or at least while I am not using said devices it would be nice.

    submitted by /u/mymar101
    [link] [comments]

    Windows won't activate after hardware swap, even though I followed the instructions before I swapped parts

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 01:05 PM PDT

    So I just swapped pretty much everything on my computer except case and storage drives, and did a clean install of Windows 10 with USB so I wouldn't have any issues (switched from Intel to AMD processor among other things).

    Now, I did as Microsoft website said, and linked my license to my microsoft account and all that before rebuilding the computer. I installed Windows, I log in to my microsoft account, verify my account, go to activation, troubleshoot, select recent hardware swap, select my new computer, and... failed.

    It won't activate. I don't have the original product key (original license was a Windows 7 license from a prebuilt computer 5 years ago, later upgraded to Windows 10. What do I do, there must be some way to fix this? I really don't wan't to spend 100$ on a new license when I have one and did all the steps Microsoft said.

    Anyone had this problem before and know what to do?

    EDIT: Actually, I'm not selecting my new PC after pressing "recent hardware swap". I'm selecting the old one, the new one doesn't even show up. When I go to my microsoft account it's there together with my old PC and my laptop, but in activation troubleshooter it only shows my old PC and my laptop..

    submitted by /u/TorWhale
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel