• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, August 8, 2019

    How do I remove this white bar? Android Help

    How do I remove this white bar? Android Help


    How do I remove this white bar?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2019 04:47 PM PDT

    When I full screen videos in my web browser, the white tool bar remains on the screen. Is it possible to remove this?

    I'm using a Samsung Note 8 with the latest android update

    https://imgur.com/ik1qcDt

    submitted by /u/Ratjar142
    [link] [comments]

    Full screen Google ads on my LG G7 when there are no apps open

    Posted: 08 Aug 2019 01:10 PM PDT

    I come through and delete it all my most recent app downloads and it's not fixing the problem. I tried airpush detector. Which triggers the ad but there are no apps listed to uninstall.

    submitted by /u/Unstruckom
    [link] [comments]

    Default weather app opens randomly on Samsung?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2019 05:00 PM PDT

    I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 and a Galaxy Watch (Gear S4?) and periodically I'll be doing something on my phone and the weather app will just open. Like just now I was scrolling Reddit and all of the sudden it redirected me to the weather app for no apparent reason. This has been happening to me every so often (maybe once a week) for some time and I don't know why. I used to think it was because I triggered something on my watch but that is apparently not the case because it's on the charger sitting on my desk like 20 feet away. Any ideas on how to keep it from doing this?

    submitted by /u/SirEdwardthe4th
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a widget that can swap widgets?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2019 05:42 PM PDT

    I'm looking to make a better homescreen but need some help. Is there a widget that can swap different widgets by tapping on it? For example, I want to change from a music player to a calendar. Is it possible?

    submitted by /u/JustaGuyExisting
    [link] [comments]

    Nextboot NXA8QC116B giving a EFI Linux error

    Posted: 08 Aug 2019 05:42 PM PDT

    Hey guys my old tablet gives me an error when I boot it up it goes as follows:

    EFI LINUX ERROR [uefi_display_splash:51] Failed to convert bmp to blt: Invalid ParameterEFI LINUX ERROR [uefi_display_splash:63] Failed to display splash: Invalid Parameter

    Then after like 3 minutes I see the opening screen of the tablet that says "Nextbook" and at the bottom "Powered By Android" I see this screen for like a minute then it goes back to the error screen and a new error appears on top of the old ones. The new error goes as follows:

    EFI LINUX ERROR [target_from_inputs:330] Reset source couldn't be retrieved. Falling back in TARGET_BOOT

    Now the screen randomly turns off and turns on again with the same three errors. I don't care if I have to factory reset it I just need to be able to use it

    My tablet is a Nextbook and the model is:NXA8QC116BI haven't rooted it or anything like that

    submitted by /u/THANOS_COPTER
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with Galaxy S8 and playing music.

    Posted: 08 Aug 2019 04:38 PM PDT

    So I have a strange problem and I'm totally at a loss. I connect to my head unit with my galaxy s8. I have the equalizer set on the head unit perfectly. For a long time, everything was great but recently it has changed. It sounds almost as if the music is playing through two equalizers. The settings on my head unit havent changed. It's just a simple unit without many features. The music is really poorly balanced and sounds really tinny. The galaxy s8 seems to have an equalizer built in but there's no way to turn it off. I'm not sure what changed but I'm pretty sure it's something with the phone settings I can't change. Maybe an update changed something? Anyway, I know it's an obscure problem but thanks for any advice.

    submitted by /u/USModernMilitia
    [link] [comments]

    Fingerprint reader stopped working to take screenshots

    Posted: 08 Aug 2019 10:13 PM PDT

    I have a 2 month old Umidigi F1 with a rear-mounted fingerprint reader. It can be set up to perform certain tasks (when the phone is already unlocked) when clicked, double clicked and long-pressed. Any finger can be used for these actions. I've always had the long-press function set to take a screenshot. Worked fine until today. All of a sudden it won't work. But only for that.

    I changed the setting for the long-press to all of the other actions available (back, home screen, recent task list, close) and they all work. It's just the screenshot action that won't work anymore.

    I can still take a screenshot by holding down the power key, and it works fine.

    I haven't changed any setting or anything recently, and screenshots with the reader were working fine as of last night. Any idea why that one function would stop working completely all of a sudden?

    submitted by /u/rckblykitn14
    [link] [comments]

    Maps/youtube dont load on mobile network

    Posted: 08 Aug 2019 01:20 PM PDT

    On mobile netwerk my maps tells me I am on bad network or tells I am offline but on that moment twich streams are no problem so internet conection is just fine. Same problem for youtube. I tried delete catch and restart thet worked ones for youtube bit the problem started again and deleting catch didnt work a second time. I also reset my network setings and reïnstalled the apps. But problem is still the same. I use a oneplus 6 t with most recent firmware.

    submitted by /u/jochem2405
    [link] [comments]

    Galaxy S9 - phone number links open google hangout or its app store page instead of calling the linked number

    Posted: 08 Aug 2019 12:39 PM PDT

    I just want to actually call the number that I'm clicking a link to via google search. It always used to pop up ready to easily call, but now I get a useless app popping up with a "failed to join call" message.

    After deleting hangouts, clicking a phone number link takes me to the damn hangouts app store page

    submitted by /u/Gonzzzo
    [link] [comments]

    how do I unluck the ability to edit/make spns on the moto g5

    Posted: 08 Aug 2019 05:31 PM PDT

    on my moto g5 can not edit the apns settings I have tried apps like shortcut master but it's still just greyed out. I am not rooted but I do have the ability to do that.

    submitted by /u/SKadiddle_
    [link] [comments]

    Rooting android and bank services

    Posted: 08 Aug 2019 06:27 AM PDT

    Hey guys, just ordered an oneplus 5, and its been quite a while since i owned an android device. Looked around a bit about rooting, and am i corecct in assuming i cant use bank apps and snapchat if i root? Anyone from sweden who know how bankid/swish works when rooted?

    submitted by /u/SynexEUNE
    [link] [comments]

    Note 9 fast charge output in 2019 and beyond?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2019 05:01 PM PDT

    I'm currently searching for a phone and with the release of the Note 10 I saw it have the new super fast charging output of 45w. I compared other models and the Note 10+/+ 5g have 45w super fast charging. The Note 10/10 5g, S10 5g, A80, and A70 support 25w super fast charging. Have other Samsung phones with 15w fast charging increased from prior updates? Will it increase in future updates with Samsung's 45w tech? Overriding the current 15w cap?

    submitted by /u/keving1324514
    [link] [comments]

    S8 turning off notifications for conversations when new SMS messages come in

    Posted: 08 Aug 2019 01:11 PM PDT

    This started a few days ago. I haven't been getting notifications of new texts, only noticing the unread messages when I open the messaging app. When I check, notifications have been turned off (screencap linked). When I turn them on, they sometimes stay on sometimes turn off again. I have all settings turned so I should keep getting notifications, but something is clearly wrong. What am I missing? caption

    submitted by /u/Still_Weird
    [link] [comments]

    How do you flip the camera while recording a video?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2019 08:29 PM PDT

    I recall you could do this on the Pixel but the feature appears to have been removed, typical Google.

    Anyone know of there's an Xposed module or magisk module to enable this?

    submitted by /u/Valiantay
    [link] [comments]

    Galaxy J260t1 Themes?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2019 12:57 PM PDT

    I like this phone way better than the LG Aristo 2 that I had, but the design of the icons look like something that belongs on a children's game. My model doesn't seems to be able to change themes like the other J2's and I'm wondering if Samsung removed the feature since its a base model at MetroPCS. I just want it to not to look cheesy as hell. Are there apps or something that can do that?

    submitted by /u/sprocketous
    [link] [comments]

    HTC U11 just updated to 9.0, how can i get the clock back to the top right of the screen?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2019 11:24 AM PDT

    Basically title, in the new 9.0 update they moved the time to the left of the staus bar but i would prefer having it back on the right side, how can i do this?

    submitted by /u/3X0karibu
    [link] [comments]

    Why do people buy Huawei?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2019 01:09 PM PDT

    I want to know this as i dont understand. EMUI software is not greatest, slow updates + quicker support abandonment than others, internals isnt groundbreaking, prices arent value friendly, and no discernable features other than camera gimmicks. Someone please explain to me

    submitted by /u/nahcekimcm
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else have trouble installing openthos? I don't get the install option only boot from usb

    Posted: 08 Aug 2019 08:20 AM PDT

    Pixel 3 trade in to Note 10+ Question

    Posted: 08 Aug 2019 09:10 AM PDT

    So I've got a question: I currently don't have a working phone but I have enough to buy the Note 10 plus unlocked ($1100+tax) but I see that you can trade in a pixel 3 for $600. Currently, at my BestBuy I could buy a Pixel 3 for $400, is there anything stopping me from buying the pixel 3 (unlocked) for $400, trade it in for $600, and technically have it $200ish off? Not only would I have a discount, but I would have a phone to sit on while I wait for them to send me the phone and the shipping container for the trade-in. Overall would I be making a Big Brain Play, or is this somehow that I don't know, not possible?

    Edit: I just realized I would have to have $1500 total to be able to do this (pixel($400)+Note($1100)= |$1500| - trade($600) =$900

    I hope some else with a little more money can make use of this :)

    submitted by /u/An_Curran
    [link] [comments]

    Just got an old OnePlus One running 6.0.1 Is it safe to use or very vulnerable to... attacks/viruses?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2019 09:01 AM PDT

    I'd like to sync it to my google account and run stuff like Whatsapp

    submitted by /u/8kdk
    [link] [comments]

    My Nokia 6, running Oreo, keeps restarting itself after I cleared out the cache and data of the Google Play services app.

    Posted: 08 Aug 2019 09:58 AM PDT

    I can barely log in before it restarts again. Tried shutting off and starting again but it still occurs. Was just clearing out data and moving things to the internal SD card and without thinking cleared out the Google Play data, without any warning. Then it bricked itself. Anytime I get close to the settings it goes again. Kind of stuck in Limbo here. Any options to solve this?

    submitted by /u/marpolo
    [link] [comments]

    An app that redirects SMS messages to another phone?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2019 11:25 AM PDT

    I'm looking for an app or possibly setting that would redirect SMS messages from a specific sender sent to me, to a different phone instead. By that I mean, person A texts me, person B receives that text, and I do not receive the text at all. I've found a lot of apps that will forward or send a copy but I'm struggling to find something that straight up redirects the text without my phone ever getting it. It's an odd request I know, but any guidance is much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Gotable2345
    [link] [comments]

    Best phone under $400?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2019 08:21 AM PDT

    I have Cricket now with a Moto G3. I've had for like 3 or 4 years. Maybe looking to switch to Verizon. Does any other companies use Verizon towers?

    submitted by /u/weiss27md
    [link] [comments]

    Power, Volume, home and return button issues

    Posted: 08 Aug 2019 09:01 AM PDT

    Hi there, I traveled all the way here to hopefully get some support xD For a few hours I believe, my phone has been behaving pretty erratically.

    I'm using a Huawei P Smart, probably the 2019 version since I bought it recently. Android build 9.1.0.120. The phone went through a bit like all phones I got, hence it got some scratches and the volume up side of the volume button got slightly damaged when it dropped once. But nothing bad, really. The rest worked fine so far and I really enjoyed having a decently running phone for a pretty small amount of money.

    Now to the issues: Neither my home nor volume down button still work. Same goes for the home button and the return button left of it.

    The hardware button already acted a bit weird yesterday, not screenshotting properly once. But today they stopped working for some reason. I did some testing though:

    The power button still works physically because if I press it repeatedly, my phone starts the SOS. It just does not work in the classic sense of unlocking/locking my phone or being used for other purposes. I'm not able to reboot because pressing it continuously does no give me the menu.

    The home button itself works too - if pressed long enough it opens Google assistant. It's not like it is not responding at all. But tapping it does not activate its usual function. The return key does not no anything except the animation when it's pressed.

    Funnily enough I tried switching through key setups in system navigation and its those two not working. The square button and the optional menu down button do work.

    Gestures work fine too. But with those 4 keys, they just seemed to have lost their primary function, all at once.

    I wondered if anyone of you could have a possible explanation or fix for my issues, it's pretty hard to communicate that way. It would really help me out. Hope to hear from you

    submitted by /u/livia4app
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any apps that provide free China VPN?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2019 07:03 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel