• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, August 12, 2019

    Enigmatic hardware issue in the jungle (Galaxy S5) Android Help

    Enigmatic hardware issue in the jungle (Galaxy S5) Android Help


    Enigmatic hardware issue in the jungle (Galaxy S5)

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 12:47 PM PDT

    Here's a weird one for you- a couple months ago my boat sank in a storm on the Peruvian Amazon and while swimming desperately to shore, backpack clutched in teeth, some water seeped into my ziploc bag and damaged my phone (Samsung Galaxy S5.)

    I left it in rice for about a week and sure enough it came back to life- partially.

    Now, whether or not my phone display turns on is temperature dependant. Anything less than body temperature and the screen flickers yellow and fails to hold display. The screen still responds to touch during this time.

    I've also discovered that screen brightness plays a significant role in whether or not the display will 'ignite.' Leaving brightness all the way up significantly increases chance of function.

    Once the display has 'ignited,' I can let the phone get cold without losing display but if I turn the brightness down it begins to flicker heavily. If I click off the display while the phone is cold, it won't reignite until warmed sufficiently.

    Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to fix this? I'd get a new phone here in Peru but this one has a giant upgraded battery that I don't want to give up. Thank u!

    submitted by /u/staringdog
    [link] [comments]

    I'm thinking about getting LG V50 thinQ (LM-V450VM). Opinions/Thoughts?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 08:32 PM PDT

    I'm the USA and I'm curious to see if it's worth it to get the phone. I've seen dual screen capability but I don't know if it's available for the USA version. Anyone know?

    submitted by /u/ehhish
    [link] [comments]

    Messages notification on lockscreen

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 08:12 PM PDT

    I was wondering if someone could help me out with setting up notifications on my refurb pixel xl 2. On a prior XL2, when on full notification or do not disturb, when a text message came in, it would wake my lock screen, and display "new message", on this refurb, regardless of full notifications or do not disturb, none of my text messages are waking the lock screen. Can anyone help me with setting this up?

    submitted by /u/sieepiestangel
    [link] [comments]

    Storage

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 08:09 PM PDT

    My Google ay Services is taking up over a gb of storage. It used to take up less than 1 gb. Does anybody know why this is happening all of a sudden?

    Btw this started happening about a month-a month and a half ago

    submitted by /u/NintendoEssentials
    [link] [comments]

    Otg connects to my laptop but I can't connect a wireless mouse.

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 06:25 PM PDT

    I've searched on line and can't find a solution. I have an otg cable that work fine on my tablet. But it's not working on x23 phone. I checked and the phone is otg compatible. Is there a setting I'm missing?

    Edit: I can connect to my laptop and transfer files. Thumb drive won't work either.

    submitted by /u/jaysn9663
    [link] [comments]

    Download booster icon will not turn off

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 06:18 PM PDT

    I was hoping to put a screenshot up because I'm not very descriptive yet here I am. When I got home from work, I saw a notification I've never seen before on my S10, a lightning bolt next to a download icon. Along with the icon, I got home to intermittent and slow Wi-Fi. I found out it was the download booster icon, but as far as I know I'm not downloading anything. I can't turn off the notification, I can only see 0.0 MPS repeating when I tap on the icon. What I don't know is if my phone is glitching from the Wi-Fi, if this is a known glitch, or if the booster is just trying to download something.

    submitted by /u/CancerToe
    [link] [comments]

    Moto g7 play issues

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 07:17 PM PDT

    Hi everyone.... I recently got a Moto g7 play that has an issue where it randomly restarts.... This is the second one with the same issue. Something else weird is that I don't get cell service at home but I get it on my Galaxy a5. Are these common issues for the g7 play or is there tips around it thanks for any help

    submitted by /u/chickennudel966
    [link] [comments]

    So the spotify widget just vanished?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 04:56 PM PDT

    Has anyone else seen this?

    submitted by /u/tengu_ninja
    [link] [comments]

    how come scheduled do not disturb never turns on schedule?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 09:42 PM PDT

    i have do not disturb scheduled every night starting midnight until 8 am.. it worked for about a week. then after a week sometimes the do not disturb turns on as scheduled and sometimes it does not. how do i fix this?

    i ahve a galaxy s10e but this exact issue happened on a free lg aristo 2. im 99% sure its an android issue

    submitted by /u/DOOMGUY_90
    [link] [comments]

    Headphone adapter not working

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 09:44 AM PDT

    Ok, boys, I need some help I just bought a new USB-c to headphone jack adapter and it didn't work I have a Google Pixel 2 and I took it to geek squad (worthless as usual) but it worked with their phones I need some help boys

    submitted by /u/insanenihilist
    [link] [comments]

    How to block Internet to certain apps?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 03:40 PM PDT

    Hello

    Is there any app or way to block Internet to a certain app? To give an example, Spotify will update its weekly playlists on a Friday. I want to be able to block Spotify from using the Internet so that the playlists are not updated for a couple more days.

    Any advice would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/SirCarpetOfBurn
    [link] [comments]

    I still hear texts with Do Not Disturb. My setting clearly says "Allow messages: None"

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 12:17 PM PDT

    I still hear sounds when people text me.

    My setting clearly says "Allow messages: None"

    submitted by /u/slkfj08920
    [link] [comments]

    How To Disable "Block Number" Prompt When Deleting Text Messages?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 11:13 AM PDT

    I have a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and every time I go to delete a Text Message conversation, there's a prompt to "Block Number". Every single time. I have to use 2FA for work and other applications so I frequently want to clean up these random numbers from my messages, but am so tired of having to deal with this "Block Number" prompt and just want to delete the damn messages. Anyone know if there's a way?

    submitted by /u/nimdasySthrowaway
    [link] [comments]

    Waterproof smartphone over 7" in screen size?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 10:46 AM PDT

    Anyone know of any?

    submitted by /u/FlippinFlags
    [link] [comments]

    My phone defaults to 480p

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 10:46 AM PDT

    My phone defaults to 480p when I'm watching YouTube, does anybody know why and how I can fix it? It is a Galaxy S8 with Android 9. Edit: I got it

    submitted by /u/BaconMan465
    [link] [comments]

    Does storage/battery wear noticeably affect the performance within a few years?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 10:31 AM PDT

    Old devices feel sluggish. Of course, they were built with old technology that was slower than the current technology, but I wonder if they have gotten slower than they originally were... Or if it is because the OS has been updated and requires more CPU power for doing the same thing.

    Some people mentioned storage/battery wear, but does storage wear really actually makes the device slower to use within a few years? And what about the battery wear, I know the total capacity will be reduced but if the battery is at adequate level, like 80%, does old battery make the CPU slower? I know Apple has reduced old iPhone's performance mentioning battery wear, but is that applicable to Android?

    submitted by /u/evolution2015
    [link] [comments]

    ANDROID 9 PIE -- Phone disables Wi-fi while sleeping/when it isn't moved for a long time

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 05:59 PM PDT

    My new phone is running Android Pie. I'm really unfamiliar with it.

    When I don't touch the phone for an extended period of time (I'm not exactly sure how long yet, maybe around 10 minutes) it just disables my Wi-fi.

    Is this some sort of setting? Anyone familiar with Android Pie able to help me out? I want my phone to ALWAYS be connected.

    I've scoured my phone looking for some sort of "always stay connected" option but I've turned up nothing. I've tried apps in the play store but I guess none of them work with Android Pie.

    Thanks for your help.

    submitted by /u/EthanFRoberts
    [link] [comments]

    I want to allow access to my gmail/google account, not by sharing my password, but by allowing people to sign in via those 3 number options and some kind of verification code which changes each time. Can I set that up?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 05:59 PM PDT

    I want to allow access to my gmail/google account, not by sharing my password, but by allowing people to sign in via those 3 number options and some kind of verification code which changes each time. Can I set that up?

    To be honest I use my password across a lot of sites, sometimes slightly modified. Which is why I want it done this way.

    submitted by /u/at_work99
    [link] [comments]

    Anyway to determine why Google play services is using my location?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 11:22 AM PDT

    I have location enabled for maps etc. I have location history and location sharing disabled.

    Multiple times throughout the day I'll take my phone out my pocket and the location notification is up. It then goes after 10 seconds.

    In the location part of my phone it just says Google play services. Any ideas? Is it just Google's tracking thing?

    submitted by /u/5footbanana
    [link] [comments]

    With the latest Play Store updates, can cloud save be previewed?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 05:15 PM PDT

    I'm a bit confused to get to know whether a game offers cloud save feature or not.

    Is there a convenient way to find out if a game or app offers cloud save for app data? Like proper information or an icon on app details, etc.

    Idk if I'm too lazy for that, but that's not so obvious with the last updates of Play Store and Play Games.

    I'll try to find it out now, if I get relevant results, I'll come back to report in.

    submitted by /u/K0media
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an app that lets me view every word ive typed throughout the day?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 05:00 PM PDT

    weird question but i want to examine how often i type certain words. Is there an app that lets me look at every word ive typed throughout the day and how many times i type them in a certain period of time?

    submitted by /u/frostmas
    [link] [comments]

    mute and hold problem when making a call

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 04:38 PM PDT

    I have an LG v35 ThingQ

    When making a call, my phone will automatically be put on "mute" and "hold" at the same time. The person Im calling cannot hear me and it will not allow me to deselect mute or hold. When they call me back, it works just fine. This is only an issue when making the call out. Anyone else having this issue?

    What can I do to fix this problem?

    submitted by /u/kalyteaches
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with network

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 07:53 AM PDT

    Hey guys. I have a Galaxy J3 and sometimes my phone just decides it cant make or recieve phone calls (the same with messages), and when restart the phone it goes back to normal. Its not all the time just when the phone feels like it. Anyone have the same problem or maybe some suggestions? It cant be a network problem since after a restart of the phone it goes back to normal.(the network signal is fine, i dont have any apps that could make problems)

    submitted by /u/dronjo12
    [link] [comments]

    Stopping the notification tracking service

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 12:46 PM PDT

    On Android 9, under Settings > Notifications, Android displays the most recent notifications and their frequency, e.g., X notifications per day. How can I completely erase and disable these measurements?

    submitted by /u/Spielsee
    [link] [comments]

    How can I remove user icon on android 9?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 10:29 AM PDT

    Hi! Could anyone help me to remove this annoying user icon on quick settings and locksreen? I am familiar with adb but I need allí the steps to do it, please help!

    I was looking through all my settings on my device and i got to the multiple users menu, I switched to guest user just to see how it worked and now that I returned to my account there is this ugly user icon I can not get rid off.

    submitted by /u/DiegoLsr
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel