• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, August 5, 2019

    Dont ask how, but i accidentally got ketchup in my phone's charger port. The phone has an IP68 Water and Dust resistant rating. Any help on how to get it out or how long i have to wait for it to dry? Tech Support

    Dont ask how, but i accidentally got ketchup in my phone's charger port. The phone has an IP68 Water and Dust resistant rating. Any help on how to get it out or how long i have to wait for it to dry? Tech Support


    Dont ask how, but i accidentally got ketchup in my phone's charger port. The phone has an IP68 Water and Dust resistant rating. Any help on how to get it out or how long i have to wait for it to dry?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 10:39 AM PDT

    As said in title.

    submitted by /u/Joester202
    [link] [comments]

    CPU overheats which causes PC to shut off

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 12:45 AM PDT

    I have been having issues with my PC randomly shutting off with no warning for ages. Usually this issue occurs while gaming, though I have had my PC shut off while multitasking, upon restart, when updating drivers or watching youtube. I checked the temperature of the CPU, and it shuts off before reaching 90°c which can take as little as 30 minuets to reach while playing lighter games.

    In trying to fix the shutting off issue, we have tried changing the graphics card, power supply, CPU thermal paste and we have dusted out the inside - and although the issue seems to have gotten better, my PC still easily overheats.

    My boyfriend changed the thermal paste and told me that he used a dime's amount of paste. I am suspecting that he used too much paste but my PC was shutting off before the paste was changed. Would it be worth changing again? What sort of paste should I be using?

    I only have 1 fan in the back (not including the fans on my heat sink, graphics card & power supply) - is it possible that I do not have enough fans? I took off the case's side panel for now hoping that it would help with the airflow. My PC is not in direct sunlight and the room that it is in rarely gets warmer than 25°c (all fans work correctly)

    How often should I be dusting out my PC? It is off the ground and we have no pets. When dusting, should I be taking out all the pieces?

    Is my processor and/or motherboard just fried? My boyfriend seems to think so, but I am seriously doubting his expertise (he had me change all other parts calming they were the issue)

    Thank you in advance, any info, tips and tricks are greatly appreciated as I am a total noob. Let me know if I am missing any relevant information.

    AMD FX 6300

    Radeon RX 570

    16 GB RAM

    Edit: Formatting, extra info & clarifications

    submitted by /u/habaneroharlot
    [link] [comments]

    Cut and paste from Android phone to PC gone awry

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 12:59 AM PDT

    Hi all, I did a cut and paste of my video files from my android phone to my PC. I know, stupid, should have copy and pasted instead. It seemed like everything did cut and paste, all the file names still have there names intact. But huge problem, I can't open any of them. When I click on each video file, I noticed each video is 27.3 GB! Which was actually the size of ALL the file transfer, not just that one video. Each video was about 1 to 2 gigs, again not 27.3 GB. It also says size on disk is 4kb of each video if that matters. Any idea what could be wrong and how to fix? Are my files gone forever?

    Help would be greatly appreciated, these were precious family videos!

    submitted by /u/photon777
    [link] [comments]

    My friend can hear the sound of my gameplay when we talk in discord

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 01:59 AM PDT

    is this an issue with the headset itself or is there any fix for it?

    submitted by /u/ayxanshiraliyev2112
    [link] [comments]

    PC found dead after holiday

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 02:08 AM PDT

    I've been on a city trip last week, and turned the power button on my pc off before I went. When I returned yesterday evening I turned the power on. It worked fine.. for about ten minutes. I started up Minecraft and found the perfect seed for a survival world, when my pc shuts down out of the blue.

    It kept turning itself on for about 10 seconds (screen starts lighting up, but no image, and no power to my keyboard and mouse), when it shuts down again, and booting up and shutting down and booting up and shutting down etc. As it was late, I turned the power off and went to sleep. When I tried again this morning it got stuck in the same loop again, this time booting up for only about 1-3 seconds before shutting down again. I checked my wiring (disconnecting and connecting everything again) and my RAM. It still gets stuck in the boot loop.

    From what I could find on the internet it's most likely my PSU. That wouldn't surprise me, as it is 4-5 years old. Is there a way to check if it's my PSU for sure? A new one is about €100 so I'd rather check before I make the investment after my trip (London and Dublin are EXPENSIVE :().

    submitted by /u/HighHeelSneaker
    [link] [comments]

    These windows installer error messages keep on coming up. Tried task manager, they keep popping, what do i do?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 03:24 AM PDT

    Not going to use my laptop for probably 2 or 5 months, is it okay?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 02:45 AM PDT

    So i am going to university tomorrow and I'm not taking my laptop with me for first semester. So I'm probably not gonna use it till October or December. Will it do any harms to battery or any part.

    submitted by /u/adamboss78
    [link] [comments]

    A quick question about RAM OC & XMP

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 12:37 AM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    Just a quick question about RAM overclocking. Do I leave XMP profile turned on or off when manually entering timings and subtimings?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Dazr87
    [link] [comments]

    More then 50% RAM usage when start PC

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 02:49 AM PDT

    I have this annoying issue. When I start my laptop the RAM spikes up to over 50%. I have no programs open. And I have 8 GB of RAM. How do I fix this? Your help would me more then welcome <3

    submitted by /u/iVoytek
    [link] [comments]

    Unknown file with an unknown file type on my hard drive. Checked Google and couldn't find anything. Any ideas?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 02:48 AM PDT

    Was cleaning up my computer when I found this sitting on my backup harddrive. The file name is:

    tmppkgisrBq6b4giJAfWogoSgYnGHCfQ3C1O.WR0QhpNlt1u3tox2H.iMeCAwaKkhUA72RFrx2w5g0UmWrfKZ8EkkU.AsgoxcLaA-Q22oqGlhxtyjoABiTwILnw.dqm2d5jgiuY.hcY7FWAOsq.VdpS8OiU4tZ0F6fqsoU6R2Raz-N6SLFQ.0Neh8NVzueElOiSInhkTWxlS.IRGdywOGMzNt-.saWlNrGeEG2aGIWDQn0R_EzQqQQ6UpRiLoL

    and the file type is:

    .SAWlNRGEEG2AGIWDQN0R_EZQQQQ6UPRILOL

    I got zero idea what this file is, Google is giving me nothing, and I'm not getting any issues with it from Windows Defender, Avast, or Malware Bytes. I was wondering if it's a Windows backup file but I checked Windows backup and it doesn't appear as a backup file nor is it the right file type. Does anybody have any idea what the file is and whether or not I can safely delete it? Would be fantastic free up 110GB.

    submitted by /u/Beddict
    [link] [comments]

    How does on unlock sim?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 12:24 AM PDT

    I have an lg-h872 and its clearly a t-mobile variant.I was wondering how many ways are there to unlock the sim if i live abroad.Also can i buy their unlock online if i live abroad? Cause i was trying to unlock it by a 3rd-party mechanic and he said that he conducted a similar case a few days ago and charged around 3500pkr (which is around 21$ ig) .Was wondering if that was a good price and if there was a way i could do it myself?Like root or something like that? Cause i think the sim somehow might be locked too ,i tried inserting it in another device and it said "Emergency calls only".I also heard about octopus was hoping someone who had an experiance with that could enlighten me?

    submitted by /u/fk826
    [link] [comments]

    PC wont boot past BIOS screen

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 01:58 AM PDT

    Hey, I tried resetting the CMOS, testing ram, tested the GPU. Ram and GPU both work. Cmos didn't help.

    I read that I might have to boot from a CD and whatnot, but I currently do not own a CD drive.

    submitted by /u/lebron_jaques
    [link] [comments]

    Brand new laptop, Chrome doin' the "aw snap" all the time.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 08:52 PM PDT

    Howdy, so my mom just got a brand new Dell laptop, something on the cheaper end. And from THE very hour that I set it up for her, Chrome has been giving "Aw snap!"/can't load the page errors almost nonstop.

    Apparently she's just been dealing with it for the week and a half since then and it's driving her crazy.

    SO, I've just asked her to try other browsers to see whether the issue persists or if it's just Chrome, but I was wondering if anybody here has suggestions. Because the laptop is brand new, I can't imagine what could be wrong.

    submitted by /u/rika84
    [link] [comments]

    Dual monitor setup was working, Messed with the refresh rate, now both get black screen when used together

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 01:49 AM PDT

    Specs:
    16 Gb Ram
    I7 4770
    GTX 1050 ti
    MS-7817

    Both displays were working fine, I actually got both displays (HDMI AND DP) to work together (60 hz and 144 hz), but I was playing around with the 144hz monitors refresh rate and switched it to 120hz when both screens froze up.

    rebooting the system, both monitors wouldn't work. So I tried only 1 monitor at a time, the 144hz monitor worked by itself and the 60hz also worked by itself. I've tried the HDMI cable on both monitors and it looks like the cable isn't the problem. I've connected the HDMI and the DP on my 144hz monitor and It extended the display. So I'm really dumbfounded on what the problem is.

    I'd appreciate some help on this. Thank you so much to whoever replies. If there was any important details I missed out please ask me I won't mind answering it.

    submitted by /u/bORINGtRasH12
    [link] [comments]

    Black Screen problem

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 06:06 PM PDT

    Problem: Black screen appears randomly(Only on HDMI I have a display connected on DVI too, and I don't have the problem).

    Observations: In Euro Truck Simulator 2 on DX11 this problem seems not to appear I played for approximately 2 hours The problem appears after a time, and it seems to appear after the computers enter sleep mode.

    I tried the following drivers:

    Another older version I can't remember.19.7.525.20.15025.1002 (Default windows driver)

    Hardware:

    CPU: Intel Core I5-7600K RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz 8GB

    Motherboard: ASUS TUF Z270 MARK 2

    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon RX550 Pulse 2GB

    Storage: SSD M.2 Western Digital Green 240GB

    SSD Kingstone A400 480GB

    VBIOS:113-3672E-UO5

    OS: Windows 10 Pro(18362.239)

    What have I tried:

    Clean PC

    Uninstall drivers with DDU

    Change monitor

    Change cable

    Edit: video:https://youtu.be/x2ILkhc-_Ss

    2nd edit: https://youtu.be/SDytD_ankok

    submitted by /u/Cshark14
    [link] [comments]

    HP Laptop flickering with horizontal lines

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 01:18 AM PDT

    It's a HP Pavilion dv4-2045dx laptop. There are horizontal lines in the taskbar (bottom of the screen) and half of the screen is flickering. I bought a screen and it didn't work. I removed the inverter and after looking at the screen with a flashlight, the lines/flickering are still there. Any advice? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/S0108
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t cancel a subscription that’s over $60 a year! Please help

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 10:18 PM PDT

    I created an account on Musescore just to use the free 30 day trial, and deleted my account before it ran out. I thought that I would still be able to cancel my subscription on the way out, but there is literally no way to access it. I ended up getting billed over $60 for a service I didn't want and couldn't even use anymore because I don't have an account. Now I'm stuck. Customer service is unresponsive. I can't access my old account or cancel the subscription. (If this is the wrong sub for this, please redirect me, thank you)

    submitted by /u/auklette_
    [link] [comments]

    [READ] Ryzen 3000 series CPU with fresh x470/b450 Motherboards.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 04:14 AM PDT

    For anyone who is getting one of AMD'S Ryzen 3000 series CPU with an older Motherboard fresh out the box then please read. I've had so many issues and I want to share my knowledge with everyone so they don't have the same issue as I did.

    If you have a fresh x470 or a B450 board that's fresh, you can't just put all your components together in order to work. Reason being that the BIOS isn't up to date to fit the CPU and therefore won't post (show anything when you turn it on) in order to tackle that, you need to obviously update your BIOS. There are a few ways to do so.

    BIOS FLASHBACK: If your Motherboard has BIOS flashback then you're in luck, it essentially let's you boot a BIOS update from a FAT32 USB stick, if you need to know how best to google it so it's 100% accurate (don't want to miss details out)

    CALL UP A HARDWARE STORE: If you have any local computer store, call up or go in and ask if they do any BIOS updates. They will go from there

    USING OLD COMPONENTS: If you have an older same socket AMD CPU or your friend does, ask if you can use it to boot up your PC and then install the new BIOS update.

    AMD BOOT KIT: If you go onto their website, they offer a kit where if you prove you have an AMD 3000 series CPU, they will send you a kit to use which will then let you boot up and install the new BIOS.

    COMPATIBLE MOBO: Purchase or exchange your older board for a x570 board as that will work fresh out of the box.

    After you've done one of these 5 things, put everything together as you would and it will boot up fine. Only reason it wouldn't work is that either one or more of the parts are faulty, the BIOS wasn't updated correctly or the RAM isn't compatible. (FYI I have Corsair Vengeance RAM and I couldn't find it anywhere on the compatibility page for my MOBO or CPU however on Benchmark websites and forum posts it said it was fine, and it indeed was).

    As far as I'm aware, there's no other way to work around to this. I've had so much stress with this situation,waiting over a week to sort it out. However once your MOBO is officially updated it will indeed work. I had this issue but some of my parts were faulty so you could imagine my confusion and stress. If you have any questions please ask and I will help out in any way I can, I wouldn't want anyone else to go through what I did.

    Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/Woopiie
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with adware and possibly malware

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 04:11 AM PDT

    So my brother just downloaded a random exe off the internet and got some adware installed. It installed Search Manager (chrome extension) and Avast. I've removed the latter, but whenever I remove Search Manager through Chrome and with Adwcleaner, it comes back on restart.

    I have no idea what else the exe might have done to my PC, and I'm running scans using the several programs that I use. What do you recommend I do now? Also how do I keep Search Manager from installing itself?

    submitted by /u/matharooudemy
    [link] [comments]

    Consistently getting BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 12:23 AM PDT

    Hi,
    as the title says, I'm using a Gigabyte Sabre17 in conjunction with photoshop use, and I seem to be getting random BSOD with the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE message. I believe it may be to do with my GPU as it seems that the computer freezes up, then stops responding, then crashes.

    I've attempted to update all of my drivers, and even lodged a support request with Gigabyte who told me "just reset ur computer lole" which is really unhelpful as I am in the middle of Uni and can't afford to have to go through and reinstall all of my software. Especially considering I took it back to the computer store I bought it from, and was charged $50 to reinstall a copy of windows on it, which seemed to resolve the problems, if only temporarily. It had stopped doing it for a while, since that point, but seems to have started up again out of the blue.

    Hardware is all as purchased, the only changes to software have been driver updates.
    Pls halp.

    submitted by /u/Oscardaguy
    [link] [comments]

    JULGO9R file

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 12:20 AM PDT

    Does anyone know what a JULGO9R file is and what it is doing in the recovery disk? Its a 1.7 gb file and so I was wondering if I could remove it without any trouble (to clear some space, because my recovery disk is almost full).

    submitted by /u/tiothesuperseal
    [link] [comments]

    So My pc white screens a lot

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 04:00 AM PDT

    This happenes when i get into a fortnite game and have spotify open i have a good pc i have a rtx 2060 6gb a i5 9600k 32gb of 3200 mhz ram 2tb HDD can someone please help me

    submitted by /u/etiahteshaam4413
    [link] [comments]

    Nvidia control panel Display tab not showing

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 03:58 AM PDT

    As the title says, for some reason my Nvidia control panel only has the 3d graphics tab. I've looked at varoius videos and tutorials online, but nothing helps. Any idea of how I can get the tab?

    submitted by /u/GuppieIII
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop going into sleep mode while being used

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 03:56 AM PDT

    Hi, thanks for the help in advance.
    My Lenovo X1 Extreme I7-8750H has been undervolted by -140Mv using Intel's XTU. I have run overnight stress tests @ -150Mv so I know that -140Mv is stable. However I have begun having issues where the laptop will give me a warning chime and say my battery is critically low and immediately go into sleep mode (battery is 100% and charging). It often happens while gaming (though I can't confirm if it's exclusively while under load). My temps are ordinary (71-85 C) and I get no tell-tale errors upon relogging.

    The laptop comes with a 130W charger however is being charged via a 100W USB C cable. I still have the same issue on the 130W charger as well as the 100W so it's not the cable. Could this be related to CPU temp/undervolt or is this a battery issue?

    I have not had the issue while using the battery (which is solid btw, 5-6 hours) but I don't use it for long periods of time on battery.

    Can anyone let me know where the point of failure is here? When I log back in I cannot see anything spiking in temps/CPU clock speed/RAM usage etc just before it was forced to go to sleep.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/rexbeetle
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth headphones interference?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 03:39 AM PDT

    I recently purchased a pair of bluetooth headphones from amazon. They're well reviewed and such, and when paired to my computer they work fantastic, but paired to my phone and walking outside there is a crapton of static. Especially around cars. I noticed no problems in my building or even at the grovery store, but a heck of a lot of static or interference when outside or on the bus. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/GreatSmithanon
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel