• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, August 11, 2019

    Do no disturb option confusion Android Help

    Do no disturb option confusion Android Help


    Do no disturb option confusion

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 04:57 PM PDT

    Hello, I have and OP5T with the latest android (9.0.7) and trying the do not disturb option to limit scammers calling me. but i have trouble setting it up. it does not seem to reject any calls only limits sounds. Meaning it's not different then the silent mode. The notification still show up when call is missed and when its calling I always get the option to reject or answer the call. How do i auto reject anyone that is not saved in my address book or even better block every unknown number that is not saved in my contacts.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/thepicknick
    [link] [comments]

    Can I run two instances of one app?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 06:29 PM PDT

    I have a particular app that can only run one account at a time which is really inconvenient as I have to frequently log out and in. Is there anyway to run two instances of one particular app?

    I tried that parrell space app but had issues. Is there any other method?

    submitted by /u/Reddevil313
    [link] [comments]

    What way of streaming spotify in my car from my phone gives the best quality?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 08:35 PM PDT

    I have an Essential PH-1. From what I can see there are lots of ways to do it, and I'm kind of overwhelmed by choice tbh.

    submitted by /u/noxnoctum
    [link] [comments]

    In light of One UI...

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 02:50 PM PDT

    I had recently been getting notifications of the new software update that features One UI. Since I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to customizing my phone, I'm reluctant to install this given I fear it will render my phone looking like a child's iPad. Aside from my concern regarding the appearance, I keep seeing complaints from people who install the update and speak of performance issues and being unable to uninstall the update. I've decided I don't want to run the risk of this being pushed to my phone. I've already disabled automatic OS updates a while back, but I still get the frequent notification for it. I absolutely DO NOT WANT anything to do with One UI, I want to make that abundantly clear. Is there any way I can disable the Android update service, or at least completely remove it from my notifications? Any response would be appreciated.

    Specifications: Samsung Galaxy S8 - T-Mobile - Android Version 8.0.0 - Samsung Experience Ver. 9.0

    submitted by /u/Guybot1001
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any difference between USB-A to USB-C vs USB-C to USB-C?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 06:16 AM PDT

    If you have two almost identical charging bricks, but the ports are USB A and one is USB C. And you have two identical phones with a USB C port, would one charge faster with the different cables?

    submitted by /u/MrZer
    [link] [comments]

    Disable microphone icon sound

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 04:40 PM PDT

    Hey there,

    Recently discovered voice to text function on my s9. I assume it's part of the google keyboard as it's available In the texting app and whatsapp. I would like to disable to sound effect it makes when you tap the microphone icon. Anyway to do this that I'm overlooking?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/NoShortageOfTorment
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know an app that allows you to edit a person eyes (like for example a squint eyes effect)

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 07:55 PM PDT

    Title. Thanks

    submitted by /u/MNC95
    [link] [comments]

    Do not disturb and bluetooth

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 08:50 PM PDT

    Device: Pixel 1st gen with Android 9 (build PQ3A.190801.002). Issue: When DND is enabled, calls from unknown contacts interrupt audio playback. I use my phone as a media device, so I have it connected to a bluetooth device (speakers, headphones, or car stereo) probably 12 hours out of the day. With DND > "No sound from notifications" enabled, the bluetooth device will stop playing music and rings. I have attempted to workaround this by setting a silent ringtone, and by setting DND > "No visuals or sound from notifications." The result is that when an incoming call from an unknown contact happens, music is paused and the phone is simply silent for the duration of the ringing (not a particularly useful configuration, frankly).

    The call screening feature is.. cute, but spam callers are dialing from random SIP numbers, so reporting each one for the last few months has proved more or less ineffective. I only get one or two a day but they are clearly not stopping or even slowing down. At this point my tolerance has run out and I can no longer use my phone as a reliable media device. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/isuldor
    [link] [comments]

    Annoying Pop Up. Possible Virus...

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 01:08 PM PDT

    Somehow I gotten this lovely pop up. I have tried locking chrome and default browser down by restricting pop ups, cache, and ads. Dont see any odd looking apps that are installed. Googled quite a bit to no avail. Anyone have any tips or advice?

    https://i.imgur.com/VNekD0r.png

    submitted by /u/MiX74P3
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube Vanced ADS.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 10:27 PM PDT

    All of a sudden YouTube vanced is filled with full of advertisements. All over note 10 & samsung ads. Isn't YouTube vanced ad free :/

    submitted by /u/maniamosh169
    [link] [comments]

    Wiped and soft bricked One plus 7

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 10:20 PM PDT

    TLDR : Rooting went wrong and I'm an idiot looking for help.

    Over the weekend I rooted my one plus 7 only to find Netflix wouldn't run at all with an unlocked bootloader not just without HD as I'd thought.

    Right, I'll unroot.

    Fastboot OEM lock.

    Queue a softlock, 'your device is corrupt and won't boot'

    Manage to get into twrp, find out that unless a device is completely stock that relocking boot loader results in a softlock.

    Get overzealous in wiping in twrp and now there's no recovery partition or anything for that matter so adb is out of the question.

    Attempt to re lock the boot loader before an RMA and get back to a softlock 'corrupt' loop.

    RMA booked but that can take 10 working days.

    Is there literally anything I can do besides bite the bullet and fork over whatevers required for repairs?

    submitted by /u/Jod3000
    [link] [comments]

    What would you want?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 01:24 PM PDT

    Would you give up the size of your Device size and weight for more features or would you just keep it the way it is?

    submitted by /u/Crazygamerlv
    [link] [comments]

    Beat the hell out of my S8 pretty early into my contract. What should I do?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 07:14 PM PDT

    I've had the S8 for about 10 months now, and it's definitely not a phone I like. I hate the style of One UI, and I'm starting to dislike the glass material used. Mostly because it scratches super easily and always looks ugly.

    I recently dropped it face first onto a tiled floor, which beat the hell out of the bottom right corner. There's some glass missing, and I'm concerned it'll get worse with time, especially since I've got over another year of my contract to go.

    Thankfully, I'm not too bothered about the phone itself, but I need it to stay in contact with friends on various apps.

    I'm wondering what would be the best thing I can do from here? I don't have a lot of money, especially since I'm paying $40/mo for it, so buying another phone is out of the question.

    I could opt to get it repaired, but if any of you have handled a Samsung since the S7, you know how disgustingly difficult it is to replace anything in the phone. If I wanted to replace the glass, I'd also have to replace the entire display. All in all, I'd be paying hundreds of dollars for a phone that honestly really don't like.

    Or I could just keep using it, and hoping my dumbass doesn't let it slip out of my jeans like the last two times, which caused most of the damage.

    submitted by /u/Rush_B_Blyat
    [link] [comments]

    I have a RealMe 3 Pro, and it uses VOOC charging. So other chargers and adaptors don't work with it. Now I'm in need of a Power Bank, but I'm guessing there's gonna be the same problem with it. So are there any Power banks out there, which will be compatible with my phone?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 01:27 AM PDT

    Hello. I have a Samsung Galaxy Express Prime. I cannot change the lock screen settings, or set a screenlock

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 08:43 AM PDT

    I even have called tech support (ATT). I went so far into this that I accidentally locked my sim card, had to call them, and get my PUK code to unlock the device. When I try to enter the pin when prompted, it doesn't even say the pin is wrong, an error message "settings has stopped working" and it gives the option to restart the app. I would like to fix this, because certain features on Google will not work without a screenlock in place. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/derpsalot1984
    [link] [comments]

    Can I wipe the phone without logging in?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 01:55 PM PDT

    I'm moving, and as part of the move I'm dug up a few old phones. One of these is my first smart phone from like 12 years ago. I don't remember the unlock pattern, and I don't remember what my Google password was at the time - my current one does not work. All I want to do is wipe it before I take it to Staples for recycling - is there any way to do that that doesn't require me to log in? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/smoothpapaj
    [link] [comments]

    S8+ Not Charging After Getting Wet

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 01:42 PM PDT

    So I had a moisture detected message pop up the other day and cleaned out my charging port. The message kept popping up so I restarted my phone with the charger plugged in and it went away. The next day I realize the phone isn't charging anymore. I try restarting again but nothing. But I was able to figure out that it will still charge, just not when its turned on. Any ideas how to resolve this?

    submitted by /u/Naoto_Invader
    [link] [comments]

    My Galaxy S6 occasionally vibrates, but it's not the built-in vibration function. It feels irregular and like it's coming from somewhere within the phone.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 03:48 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I have a Galaxy S6 that I have had for a few years now, and for the last few weeks it's vibrated very strangely. It's not at all like the normal notification vibrations or anything like that, it's like a strange vibrating sound coming from within the phone and almost sounds like a rattling. I have a simple white and grey Otterbox case that I've had on it the entire time and it has never caused an issue, so I don't think it's the case. Upon taking it off, I don't see any warping or distortion like this thing's gonna blow up on me, but I'm still irked by the strange rattling vibrations. Has there ever been reported issues like this? Is there something I should do about it?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/MagnoliaCottage
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking about buying an LG G8 Thoughts?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 03:34 PM PDT

    Currently using a BLU R1 HD....haha it's antiquated to say the least. The camera picture quality is about as good as a Kodak digital camera from 2001. However it's stable and good enough for me, that is, up until about 2 weeks ago. I noticed many apps now suddenly are "not supported on this device". Welp time to upgrade to a new phone that doesn't cost as much as my mortgage. I was going to go with an HTC. Upon browsing this sub and other places, I quickly learned HTC isn't a good choice (probably still better than my current dinosaur).

    Thanks for reading. Hope I get some educational feedback:)

    submitted by /u/thinkinthatheneedsit
    [link] [comments]

    "Move To..." vs "Copy to"

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 03:28 PM PDT

    Files>Move to... -- (for reference, see method 1, step 5 at WikiHow - https://www.wikihow.com/Move-Files-on-Android).

    Please confirm that "move to..." Moves (copies then immediately deletes local copy) works for "moving" files from internal Android storage to Google Drive.

    I want to Move files off of my Android onto Google Drive. I do not want to have copies in both locations. I want the file deleted from the android once it has been uploaded to good drive.

    There are many files, so it isn't feasible to copy to drive and then compare the two, then delete.

    Original Pixel XL running stock, most current Android Version of Operating System. I didn't see any info about this function in the r/android Wiki

    submitted by /u/AlarmingConsequence
    [link] [comments]

    [Device settings question] App Icon Appears Before Rest of Home Screen

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 11:54 AM PDT

    Device is Samsung Galaxy J1(6) with Android 6.0.1.

    Recent, when closing an app and going back to the home screen, the apps icon (the little box with the 9 boxes, like a phone pad) comes up for about 0.2s before the rest of the home screen comes up.

    The user does not like this new behavior. Is there any way to suppress that app icon coming up briefly before the main screen loads?

    submitted by /u/GroundbreakingHawk2
    [link] [comments]

    Help w easy Keep hack! Plz

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 11:22 AM PDT

    gmail - restore all label sync/notification settings from another phone?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 10:43 AM PDT

    How can I restore all label sync/notification settings from another phone? I use labels as folders to filter them out of my main inbox, and it's a pain to go through and set each one up again.

    My phone (LG G7) is set up to google backup and to restore backups (from the S7 edge) when installing an app, but it doesn't seem to trigger off of an app already installed by the system, even if I clear its data and update it in the play store.

    I used adb backup and restore for most of my apps which worked great, but for some reason it does not work with gmail, possibly related to it being a system app again.

    submitted by /u/Eruditass
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Air Pod style earbuds

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 10:33 AM PDT

    I'm looking for an air pod style set of ear buds for Pixel 2. I have a pair of Jabra 65t but the left one does not stay in my ear very well. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/UDM_2004
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel