• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, July 6, 2019

    Why do iPhone users think people with Samsungs are poor ? Android Help

    Why do iPhone users think people with Samsungs are poor ? Android Help


    Why do iPhone users think people with Samsungs are poor ?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 06:32 PM PDT

    Is there a way to use a phone as a second screen?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 12:56 PM PDT

    So is there a way to use a Hdmi to Type C cable and use my phone as a screen either through native support or a second party app? I would like to do this without any need for rooting aswell. Also on a Galaxy S8.

    submitted by /u/the_potato_pal
    [link] [comments]

    Should I go with S10, S10+ or wait for Note 10

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 02:36 PM PDT

    I am in need of a new phone. I tend to replace my phones every 4 years or so so my old s5 is really out of date.


    Things I really care about on the phone:

    Reading - I like it to double down as a e-reader on a go. I read a lot and like to grab few min here and there when waiting for kids and kids clubs etc.

    Writing as in recording messages in written format be not necessary actual writing with pen. I do a lot of work in written form on a go similarly to my reading I want to be able to edit something here and there, work on some google docs and sheets documents if I can. I know laptop or tablet would be better but I like portability of a phone. With that also comes reading and responding to e-mails on a go.

    Apps - I use few apps for organising my life mainly IFTT and todoist but I also want to get into Tasker in a future. I will use other apps as well sometimes I will have few open at the same time switching between what I work on.

    Running - I run few times a week I use armband to keep my phone so need something that will fit in it without being uncomfortable. I am happy to buy new one or some other way of holding it.

    Good Bluetooth - I listen to podcasts a lot on my Bluetooth headphones mostly when doing things at home like cooking or cleaning or when I go running.

    Speaker - I use phone as sat nav when traveling I like to hear what sat nav lady says to me with my current phone even on max volume it's a struggle sometimes.


    Things I absolutely don't care about:

    Camera - Apart of some occasional pictures of kids here and there I could live without camera

    Headphone Jack - I hate cables and I am no audiophile I don't hear any quality loss between my Bluetooth headphones and best top quality sounds.

    5G - 4G works good enough for me


    Bonus/Nice to have:

    Battery Life there are days when I can be really heavy user and my battery drains a lot obviously my phone is no old so this contributes.

    Resistance I have 2 kids who love knocking things down etc - if there is any good shock resistance covers for any of models this would be big plus

    I live in the UK and am with EE pay as you go and I want to keep it that way. I am not fused with budget that much It's one in 4 years expanse for me I saving £100 here is not a key priority.

    The more I watch videos about Note and s pen the more I am tempted. How useful is a pen really in real life scenario vs gimmicks that look flashy in youtube videos?

    submitted by /u/Grand_Strategy
    [link] [comments]

    Help! My Tab A 2016 is slow!

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 08:27 AM PDT

    Hi! I have a Galaxy Tab A 2016 (SM-T580) (16GB, 2GB RAM) updated to Android 8.1.0. Since the update the tablet is slow not very fluent for exaple scrolling the Notification panel. Any solution? I don't want to buy a new one.

    submitted by /u/NvrGiveUp02
    [link] [comments]

    MI 9T Pre-Applied Screen Protector and Case

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 03:48 PM PDT

    As the title says , I want to know if the MI 9T comes with a Pre-Applied Screen Protector or you have to buy one.

    And I am curious about how good is the case. :)

    TY!~

    submitted by /u/Saronnyx
    [link] [comments]

    How do you hide/manage the 'frequently used apps' bar on Galaxy S9?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 05:33 PM PDT

    I'm talking about the five-icon bar at the bottom of the "open apps" menu which shows your most frequently used apps.

    Any ideas how to disable this?

    submitted by /u/Annoido
    [link] [comments]

    Max. vol higher during phone call

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 09:19 PM PDT

    The max volume when listening to music doesn't sound high. When I'm in a phone call though the max volume increases somehow. How can I have it this high all the time? It's similar to how in Windows certain programs will lower background audio during VoIP but this is a reversal.

    submitted by /u/StonedApeGod
    [link] [comments]

    How to enable USB tethering without losing connection?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 05:26 PM PDT

    Periodically, my computer loses connection to Internet when via USB tethering. I have to re-enable it every time to get access again.

    submitted by /u/tn_collision
    [link] [comments]

    How can spouses sync Google calendar with an iOS calendar?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 09:11 PM PDT

    I recently switched back to Android after a couple years of using iPhone. My wife and I had a family sync for our calendars and it was really easy to add/edit events so we were both on the same page. She doesn't want to switch to Google calendar. How can we keep in sync?

    submitted by /u/peg4sus
    [link] [comments]

    "Can't Play Video" after recording for about half an hour of footage...

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 05:14 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    So yesterday I recorded 2 videos totaling up to about 30 mins together. I did this on my Samsung S8,and I've never experienced this issue before. When I go to gallery I first see this.

    And when I click on the video to play it, it says "Can't play video", see screenshot.

    So then I thought maybe the file is too large, let me copy it to my computer and play it from there. Once I did that and tried playing it, this is the message that shows up on my computer screen.

    Note: I tried a few "solutions" I found online, like restarting my phone, resetting app preferences, etc.

    Appreciate your help, thanks!

    submitted by /u/friedavocodo
    [link] [comments]

    S8 Help

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 08:47 PM PDT

    I Have had this S8+ for 1 year and now even in 100% Battery It shuts of and when I try to boot it ut boots starts up for 5 seconds and shuts of and I have to wait 40 minutes for it to boot normally but it doesn't drain my battery crazy. And charging while booting doesn't help. I've tried everything and phone is not rooted. Please tell me what to do!

    submitted by /u/S8HelpMe
    [link] [comments]

    How to shut off “I’m driving” texts

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 08:46 PM PDT

    Have no idea how to shut it off.

    submitted by /u/dancingdinosaur_
    [link] [comments]

    Can't uninstall app

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 04:40 PM PDT

    I have the Snapchat beta 10.61 installed, and I don't want it installed anymore, because I can't install a theme over it, so I opted out of the beta. When I reinstalled the app, it installed without downloading, and when I checked the app info, it was still in the beta version. I uninstalled it again, downloaded the 10.60 APK from APKMirror, and when I tried to install it, it gave me an app not installed error, which is common when you're trying to install to apps with the same package name. I went to my apps, and it wasn't there, it wasn't in Dual Messenger, and it wasn't in apps when I show system apps. I downloaded a package disabler from the play store even though my device isn't rooted, and I found the package in "/data/app/com.snapchat.android-guS4ADERjyAkXFRgkoOmMw==/base.apk", where I can't get to or delete, because my phone isn't rooted. So now I'm stuck with the base version of the beta app which I cannot uninstall.

    submitted by /u/Jacobosylvo
    [link] [comments]

    Internal-to-SD Migration Issue

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 08:00 PM PDT

    Just to preface this, my SD card is formatted as internal storage, I'm using a Moto G6 Play, and I've been able to migrate my data on this phone before (and on the same SD card) until now.

    When I go to settings → storage → internal shared storage, tap the three dots in the upper-right corner, tap "migrate data" and wait for it to calculate the data for the transfer, it will (after ≈30–40 sec.) go back to the internal shared storage page with a message in one of those small, gray ovals saying:

    "There is not enough space on device for your SD card data. Please remove some items."

    I'm not quite sure what It means. Do I need a certain amount of internal storage space to move it to the SD card? If so, why is that? That doesn't make much sense to me, although I don't know all that much about how this works.

    My internal has 13.82 GB used out of 16, and my SD only has 3.89 GB out of 32. My phone is also able to support the amount of GB my SD is, if I remember right.

    Thank you for taking the time to read this.

    submitted by /u/Persun_McPersonson
    [link] [comments]

    MMS (pics) timestamp 2 days in the future

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 04:14 PM PDT

    I have an s10, friend had an s8 and everything was fine. She switched carriers and upgraded to an s10, and now MMS from her have a future dated timestamp. About 2 days. I get texts with the correct time from her, and other people's MMS is fine. Doesn't mess up on her end, only mine. Pics from her to my BF's LG phone are fine (we have the same account) And no one else has the issue with her and I don't have issues with pics from anyone else.

    I've messed with my phones date/time stuff and factory reset. Still happens. Really annoying since the pic always comes as the new message when texting after.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/katiescott68
    [link] [comments]

    Phone hangs and reboots on any app update.

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 07:57 PM PDT

    Doesn't matter if it's from the play store or via F-Droid. The reboot loop is perpetual unless as soon as it boots I put it into airplane mode and manually stop it from trying to download it again. Is there a way to recover short of factory resetting the phone?

    Motorola E5 Play from BoostMobile, android 8.0.0 last patched May 1, 2019.

    submitted by /u/intok-linux
    [link] [comments]

    Going back closes app

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 01:49 PM PDT

    After pressing the back button and getting to the first screen of an app (eg. Facebook or Youtube), pressing the home button won't close the app, and I can open it again with it not getting closed.

    If I press the back button on the first screen to get back to the home menu, the app will close, and opening it afterwards, it will display its splash screen and will load from beginning.

    Is this behavior normal, and is it possible to avoid the app closing?

    submitted by /u/LogiPredator
    [link] [comments]

    How to change the screenshot with a samsung galaxy tab a 2019

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 07:46 PM PDT

    Now i know that you need to use the power and volume down button but is there any way i can change that to my home and power button

    submitted by /u/pylotpig
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung S8 or A50?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 07:14 PM PDT

    My local phone carrier has a 2 year contract deal with a free S8 or A50, been doing a lot of research but there are so many different opinions and I still don't know which to pick. I care mostly about the camera and gaming.

    submitted by /u/viviann_c
    [link] [comments]

    Best phone at the moment for around 150?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 06:36 PM PDT

    I just ordered a Moto X4 for around $120. I'm still in the clear to return it if necessary. Just curious what anyone might recommend besides it

    I'm currently phasing out a 7 year old phone. I'm sure the X4 is a massive upgrade in every department. That being said, I won't be playing many games, if any. I am a little apprehensive about the size and the camera. Wouldn't mind it being bigger and a better camera - I'm well aware of everyone shitting on the camera.

    I'm on T-Mobile if it matter.

    submitted by /u/HugeRestaurant
    [link] [comments]

    "No Matching Application Installed" Error when trying to open .docx files with google docs

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 06:00 PM PDT

    Screenshot of issue.

    I am unable to open .docx files using google docs, which should support opening them natively. I am using Android 8.0 on an LG V20. The file explorer I am using is called Dir. Any help greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Ocman76
    [link] [comments]

    Reddit app - special feature

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 03:06 PM PDT

    It seems like there is a fairly obvious feature that could be added to apps like Reddit, Facebook, twitter, and possibly Instagram (but I'm not familiar with IG)

    Something like "temporarily hide the first 30 posts you showed me". It could reset the next time you close and open the app. It would just save the scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll thing, when you're trying to get past all the posts you've already seen.

    Is that a stupid idea?

    submitted by /u/qdf3433
    [link] [comments]

    Decent replacement for the Swype app?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 02:16 PM PDT

    Old news, the Swype app is dead. For years I've had a phone that had the app, and I loved the general feel and the features of the keyboard. Specifically I was sold on the easy to use dictionary and the Swype shortcuts for copy, cut, and paste. Recently upgraded and of course lost the app and my dictionary in the transfer. Just wondering if there are any underrated apps out there that provide these sorts of features or something similar. I've heard of Gboard but I want to get a good list compiled before I settled.

    submitted by /u/SparkdaKirin
    [link] [comments]

    How do I format my SD card as internal storage for my LG Tribute Empire?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 01:58 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel