• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, July 6, 2019

    Simple Questions - July 06, 2019

    Simple Questions - July 06, 2019


    Simple Questions - July 06, 2019

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 05:12 AM PDT

    This thread is for simple questions that don't warrant their own thread (although we strongly suggest checking the sidebar and the wiki before posting!). Please don't post involved questions that are better suited to a [Build Help], [Build Ready] or [Build Complete] post. Examples of questions:

    • Is this RAM compatible with my motherboard?
    • I'm thinking of getting a GTX 1070. Which one should I get?
    • I'm on a very tight budget and I'm looking for a case < $50

    Remember that Discord is great places to ask quick questions as well: http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/wiki/livechat

    Important: Downvotes are strongly discouraged in this thread. Sorting by new is strongly encouraged.

    Have a question about the subreddit or otherwise for /r/buildapc mods? We welcome your mod mail!

    Looking for all the Simple Questions threads? Want an easy way to locate today's thread? This link is now in the sidebar below the yellow Rules section.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    is a GTX 1070 still worth in mid 2019?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 10:32 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a good GPU for my first build and tried looking on eBay to see if I could find a good deal. I see the 1070 at some very attractive prices (auctions starting ~$150)

    Is the 1070 starting to get left behind? I would prefer not to spend over 200 a GPU but I still want to get as much performance as possible in AAA games.

    submitted by /u/justeeeno
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone recommend any minimalistic cases for less than $100

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 01:31 PM PDT

    I've been looking at the Corsair Spec 06 but I've been told the thermal performance is pretty poor. Are the NZXT H500 or Corsair Carbide 275R any good?

    submitted by /u/Furry_Magic
    [link] [comments]

    My 1st PC build (Didn't receive any feedback @ PCPP)

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 01:27 PM PDT

    What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better.

    Gaming is the primary purpose. I'd also like to get into streaming, and perhaps some video editing later on.

    If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? (Screen resolution, framerate, game settings)

    1440p @ 50-60+ FPS / some 4k @ 30-50ish FPS

    What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?

    trying to keep it around 1500

    In what country are you purchasing your parts?

    US

    Post a draft of your potential build here (specific parts please)..

    PCPartPicker Part List

    Type Item Price
    CPU AMD - Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor $329.99
    CPU Cooler NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.17 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $139.89 @ OutletPC
    Motherboard MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard $99.89 @ OutletPC
    Memory G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $99.99 @ Newegg
    Storage Samsung - 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $89.99 @ Amazon
    Video Card EVGA - GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER (assumed price) $549.99
    Case NZXT - H500i ATX Mid Tower Case $92.99 @ Amazon
    Power Supply EVGA - 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply $84.98 @ SuperBiiz
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total (before mail-in rebates) $1507.71
    Mail-in rebates -$20.00
    Total $1487.71
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-06 01:20 EDT-0400

    Provide any additional details you wish below.

    Cooler, Case & RAM were chosen for aesthetics. Other noob questions I have:

    1. Should I be investing in a "better" MB?

    2. Is the PSU enough to power all the components to meet my needs?

    3. Should I just go with a SATA 6 as pose to the M.2?

    4. I'm also looking at the following monitors (I'd like something to take full advantage of the system I'm assembling. I'm planning on using the monitor for FPS games, so while I do want it to look pretty, performance would be my primary concern.

    Dell S-Series 27 inch (S2719DGF)

    MSI Optix MAG27CQ

    Dell Gaming S2716DGR

    ASUS ROG Swift PG279QZ 27"

    LG 27GL850-B 27 Inch

    4b. My 4k HDR TV (Sony 930e) has a native refresh of 120hz. If I wanted to play single player titles like Dark Souls, Assassins ect, can i literally just plug my PC into my tv's HDMI and play 4k on reduced framerates?

    Like I mentioned in the title, I didnt get much help from PCPP, so I'm hoping to get some help from the community here. Thank you in advance to everyone who chimes in!

    submitted by /u/bmth310
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to purchase 2080 ti. Is the difference in manufacturer's 'boost clock' worth it?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 10:58 AM PDT

    The standard black edition EVGA 2080 ti has a boost clock of 1545 MHz, and for $300+ the FTW3 Ultra has a boost clock of 1770 MHz. My questions are:

    1) Is this an inherent boost? i.e. do i have to run the EVGA overclocker software every time in order to get the speed increase?

    2) Is a 200 MHz boost really that much better? I can't imagine it would...

    submitted by /u/MrPickleton
    [link] [comments]

    What is your experience of buying computer parts on newegg including parts quality and warranty issues? specifically people who live outside of US

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 07:11 AM PDT

    I don't live in US and computer parts are very expensive here, for for example a computer build for 2000$ here will cost me 1000-1200$ on newegg with shipping and tax

    I have 2 primary questions:

    1) How is the quality of popular parts? for example the 4/5 or 5/5 rating graphic cards with 50+ reviews and such

    2) How exactly does warranty work? say I order a graphic card or CPU and it either does not work or stops working or has some problem within 6 months, do I actually have to pay for shipping it to the US and then wait for an answer? wont this take me months?

    submitted by /u/Takzuke
    [link] [comments]

    PSU providing no power to any part of PC, what should I do?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 02:12 PM PDT

    Not even case fans turn on :/

    PSU is corsair 650 Watts, which is more than enough for my build

    Motherboard is TOMAHAWK B450

    Case is kolink observatory

    Everything is seemingly wired correctly, all parts were received new in package, l bought from amazon directly.

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/rabbitballs
    [link] [comments]

    Gaming on medium-high at 1440p; are the new GPUs worth it?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 12:44 PM PDT

    Hi r/buildapc,

    I'm looking to run an eGPU setup to my laptop to play older games at 1440p 60hz, medium settings (I know, eGPUs aren't great, but I really like the technology and I think it's neat, plus I'm looking to upgrade to a PC further down the line and the eGPU is a temporary solution).

    My initial choice of card was going to be the RX580, but I visited the Microcenter to check out the prices today and the RX580 ($185) is really close in price to the 1660 ($200), and I saw a Vega 56 for just shy of $300. I was seriously considering buying it, but there's also the RTX 2060, soon to be a lot cheaper, and the Navi cards coming out.

    My question is, is it worth it to buy the newer cards? Am I going to need them, or am I better served by buying the cheapest RX580?

    Note on budget: I'm not short on money, persay (within reasonable limitations), but I just don't really see the need to push high or ultra settings on things I play. Anything under $400, as long as there's a reasonable benefit for the extra cost, I would consider.

    submitted by /u/RiceOnAStick
    [link] [comments]

    Hey y’all, building my first pc and was wanting to know if y’all could criticize my build list? I plan on getting one of the gen 3 AMD CPUs that are coming out and also going to be getting the RTX 2070 super when it comes out so just ignore the CPU and GPU for now. Thanks in advance...

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 08:57 AM PDT

    Is this good

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 12:51 PM PDT

    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WNQWxG IMPORTANT: im not rlly using the rtx card that is in my build im rlly using the rtx 2060 super but i put that graphics card on the list cause its relatively the same price

    submitted by /u/Raven-_-12
    [link] [comments]

    Heatsink moved a little when replacing a fan, should I pull it and replace paste.

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 01:19 PM PDT

    Or am I paranoid and it's probably fine.

    submitted by /u/Lap202pro
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to upgrade this desktop I built years ago after some issues I've been having.

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 02:25 PM PDT

    So just to preface this, my computer has been crashing generally when playing games and I wasn't sure if it was the GPU or the memory so I'm just looking for better parts to upgrade all around now. Thanks :)

    Build Help:

    Have you read the sidebar and rules? (Please do)

    Yes I have.

    What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better.

    Gaming and general desk work.

    If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? (Screen resolution, framerate, game settings)

    1920x1080, At least 60 FPS, and Medium to High Settings.

    What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?

    I think the original price of this build was around $600 or $700 USD so from there to about $900 I'd say.

    In what country are you purchasing your parts?

    US

    **Post a draft of your potential build here (specific parts please). [Consider formatting your parts list.] PCPartPicker Part List

    Type Item Price
    CPU AMD - Athlon X4 860K 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Processor -
    Motherboard ASRock - FM2A88M PRO3+ Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard -
    Memory Crucial - Ballistix Sport 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-1600 Memory -
    Storage Seagate - Barracuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $44.49 @ Amazon
    Video Card MSI - GeForce GTX 950 2 GB Video Card -
    Case Enermax - ECA3212-BL ATX Mid Tower Case -
    Power Supply EVGA - 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $48.89 @ OutletPC
    Optical Drive Asus - DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer $19.85 @ OutletPC
    Case Fan Cooler Master - SickleFlow (Red) 69.69 CFM 120 mm Fan $9.99 @ Amazon
    Monitor AOC - G2460PF 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor $169.99 @ Amazon
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total (before mail-in rebates) $303.21
    Mail-in rebates -$10.00
    Total $293.21
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-06 17:09 EDT-0400 (http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/wiki/pcpp) Don't ask to be spoonfed a build (read the rules!)**.

    Provide any additional details you wish below.

    Not much else...

    NOTE: You do not have to follow this format, but please be sure to answer these questions. Please do not ask to simply be given a build. You are welcome to delete this section.

    submitted by /u/SunEverlasting
    [link] [comments]

    Using an SSD as a HD (Laptop)

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 01:12 PM PDT

    I recently purchased a laptop but it only comes with a 1TB SSD. I wanted to know if I would run into any problems using the SSD as the sole drive. I do know that you shouldn't download/write to an SSD excessively but I will definitely be doing so. I'm not sure if I should get an HD to complement it or are SSD's at a level where using it as normally as using a HD would be okay. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/jkllol
    [link] [comments]

    New builder. What do you guys think? Ignore the GPU on the list. i'm getting the Rx 5700 instead. Cyberpunk 2077, here I come?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 07:31 PM PDT

    PCPartPicker Part List

    Type Item Price
    CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor $199.99
    Motherboard MSI - B450M GAMING PLUS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $99.89 @ OutletPC
    Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $79.99 @ Amazon
    Storage Crucial - MX500 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $64.89 @ OutletPC
    Video Card MSI - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB VENTUS OC Video Card $349.99
    Case Fractal Design - Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case $49.99 @ Amazon
    Power Supply Corsair - RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $89.99 @ Newegg
    Case Fan be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM 50.5 CFM 120 mm Fan $24.99 @ SuperBiiz
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total (before mail-in rebates) $989.72
    Mail-in rebates -$30.00
    Total $959.72
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-05 22:16 EDT-0400
    submitted by /u/Yo_Pelvis
    [link] [comments]

    2080 Ti, 2080 Super, 1080 Ti or 2070 Super

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 07:15 PM PDT

    I got an unexpected amount of inheritance and would like to splurge a bit. Right now I have an 1070 Ti, would it be worth the price/performance to upgrade to any of these GPU's? I'm torn, because the 2080 Ti doesn't seem to be really worth the rediculous asking price. The 2080 Super from what I've read might only be 10-15% faster than the 2080. A used 1080 Ti would be great for the price, but it's pretty old and doesn't support ray tracing well. A 2070 Super doesn't seem that big enough of an upgrade from a 1070 Ti, but it's great for the price.

    Which GPU should I get?

    submitted by /u/Sacredgun
    [link] [comments]

    Fractal Design Meshify: Is there a way to remove the ugly logo?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 03:02 PM PDT

    Does anybody with this case know if the logo badge is removable somehow?

    submitted by /u/ZaryXYZ
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on first pc build?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 02:58 PM PDT

    I've done tons of research and am fully aware of new AMD CPUs/GPUs as well as RTX super line, including their benchmarks, etc. I've decided that these are not worth the extra $$$ for what my purposes are. Change my mind;)

    I am shooting for only gaming, 1080 high FPS in games like Rainbow 6, PUBG, Skyrim, MCC, etc.

    I'm curious about people's thoughts on this build? Most likely will be the build I pull the trigger on.

    https://pcpartpicker.com/user/graziaam/saved/#view=cY4Nqs

    submitted by /u/Graziaam
    [link] [comments]

    How are my i7-2600k temps?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 01:07 PM PDT

    Hi I was wondering how my temps are for my 2600k OC'd to 4.1ghz at 1.24v

    Load with Prime95:

    https://i.imgur.com/OqHZdN9.png

    Idle:

    https://i.imgur.com/WFIwQMD.png

    I'm using this cooler...

    http://www.deepcool.com/product/cpucooler/2013-12/7_487.shtml

    submitted by /u/iammodbox
    [link] [comments]

    First Build for Gaming/ML PC

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 10:23 AM PDT

    I'm new to building PCs, and would love for your opinion on a build I put together. I'm trying to hit a lot of the deals for 7/7 at Microcenter/Newegg so I'm looking to buy right away. My budget is $1000-$1300, and I'm going to use the PC for gaming - I play a variety of games and don't want it to be bottlenecked for anything resource-intensive. I also would like it to be useful for machine learning, since I'm learning that as well and would prefer not to buy server time since I'm going to have this nice new computer. This is at about a $1250 USD on PCPartPicker, but I can get it around $1050 with all of the deals.

    PCPartPicker Part List

    Type Item Price
    CPU AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor $259.99 @ Amazon
    Motherboard Asus - Prime X470-Pro ATX AM4 Motherboard $139.89 @ OutletPC
    Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $71.99 @ Amazon
    Storage Intel - 660p Series 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $59.89 @ OutletPC
    Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $59.99 @ Adorama
    Video Card Asus - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB STRIX GAMING OC Video Card $489.99 @ Newegg
    Case NZXT - H500 ATX Mid Tower Case $69.99 @ Amazon
    Power Supply SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $79.98 @ Newegg
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total (before mail-in rebates) $1306.71
    Mail-in rebates -$75.00
    Total $1231.71
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-06 13:22 EDT-0400
    submitted by /u/dcheezy34
    [link] [comments]

    help- Which new Ryzen?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 01:51 PM PDT

    Hello, looking to upgrade my 2600 with one of the new generation Ryzen CPUs.

    What would pair best with my EVGA 650w gold PSU, RTX 2080 GPU, Asus Prime X470- Pro mobo, and 1440p 144hz monitor?

    Mostly just use it to code and game, what new Ryzen model should I get?

    submitted by /u/SumKallMeTIM
    [link] [comments]

    My build still won't post, any help appreciated!

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 01:41 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    My troubles all started when I decided to upgrade my CPU from my previous build. I had recently purchased a 1080 Ti, and realized that my old i5 6th gen was severely bottlenecking it. Without doing my homework, I bought a new i9 9900K, put it in my Z-170 mobo (first mistake), flipped the power button, and... nothing. I got a green light on the mobo but wouldn't post at all. While trying to make it work I took out the different components, ensured the correct connections, and continued to try to power it on without success. While doing this I realized that I got a minuscule amount of thermal paste on the bottom of the cpu and I did attempt to start it with the thermal paste on the bottom before I noticed it (2nd mistake). I cleaned the bottom carefully with a dry cloth and didn't see any residue or any damage at all to cpu there.

    I asked a friend, realized my mistake that the mobo was incompatible with the cpu, and purchased a brand new Asus Maximus Hero XI Z-390 card. The only problem I ran into when reassembling was that the power connections for the CPU were an 8 pin and 4 pin, where as my PSU only had 8 pin connections for the CPU. I was able to plug both in with the extra pins hanging off of the side. Otherwise, I had no problems connecting everything. I turned the PSU on and the motherboard lit up. I pressed the power button, and the fins spun for just a second and the mobo lit up and then ... again nothing! Wouldn't post. There is an error code system on my new card which briefly lights up yellow which is the "DRAM failure" indicator according to the manual, however the RAM was just working in my last card and according to pc part picker my RAM is compatible. In addition took all of my RAM sticks out and checked them one by one with the same result.

    I thought that perhaps it wasn't posting due to shorting out so I took it out of the case completely. I took the mobo out, put it on a table with the static plastic bag under it that the motherboard came in, and plugged in only the CPU, CPU fan, GPU, and 1 stick of RAM. Still the same thing- the fan started up, same error code lit up, and then stalled out after a second.

    I thought it might be prudent to share what happens exactly when I attempt a start: - Usually when the PSU is first powered on and I press power switch, nothing happens at all. - I flip the PSU switch off for a few seconds, flip it back on, press the power switch, and that's when the mobo attempts to post for a second or two and then stops. - if I press the power switch again, nothing happens until i turn the PSU off and on again.

    At this point I have a few guesses- maybe you all can shed some light? Or at least learn from my mistakes.

    a) I broke the CPU by trying to post in a wrong mobo, even though they are both LGA1151 socket mobos. I did try to post it in the Z-170 several times.

    b) I fried the CPU with the tiny amount of thermal paste on the bottom. I don't see anything wrong physically with the card at all however. Curse my fat fingers.

    c) The PSU is incompatible with this motherboard regarding the CPU power. I tried to check on PC part picker but it doesn't really say one way or the other (the compatibility is ghosted out when you go to their website).

    d) Somehow the RAM is not working in this board even though PC part picker says it is compatible with my mobo

    e) The BIOS isn't updated for this CPU- I really doubt this is it. I looked it up and this CPU should be compatible with all Z-390 cards out of the box from what I can tell.

    PCPartPicker Part List

    Type Item Price
    CPU Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor $484.99 @ Amazon
    CPU Cooler Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $34.89 @ OutletPC
    Motherboard Asus - ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $282.89 @ OutletPC
    Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $72.99 @ Newegg
    Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $72.99 @ Newegg
    Storage Samsung - 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive $137.99 @ Amazon
    Video Card EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB iCX GAMING Video Card $1249.99 @ Amazon
    Case NZXT - H500i ATX Mid Tower Case $91.99 @ Amazon
    Power Supply Corsair - Enthusiast 750 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply -
    Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $99.39 @ OutletPC
    Monitor Pixio - PX347c Prime 34.0" 3440x1440 100 Hz Monitor -
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total (before mail-in rebates) $2548.11
    Mail-in rebates -$20.00
    Total $2528.11
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-06 16:36 EDT-0400
    submitted by /u/medicaldude
    [link] [comments]

    What quiet CPU water cooler under $130 would you use on the Ryzen 3900x for OCing?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 03:36 PM PDT

    I think I'm going to go with water cooling just because I don't want any ram slots blocked. Actually it won't be a big deal if only 2 are blocked.

    What do you guys recommend? I was considering the thermalake water 3.0 but I've read about too many issues on amazon from purchasers.

    I don't care about lights or anything.

    submitted by /u/siaman1
    [link] [comments]

    Should I sell my 4K 60Hz Monitor and buy a 1440p 144hz.

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 03:29 PM PDT

    I'm building a pc I'm just waiting for the 2070 super to be released, I got an i5 8600k. This is my first build, I have a ps4 Pro (sorry) that I still plan on using a lot so I'm not sure if it's worth it, on my pc I plan to mainly play competitive games like Overwatch, Rocket League and some other stuff like Watch Dogs 3 when that comes out. I mean I would rather just buy a new one and keep both but I'm going to start college and I don't think I can fit two monitors on my desk.

    submitted by /u/theepicpander
    [link] [comments]

    Possibly liquid cooling a Navi 5700

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 03:09 PM PDT

    Anybody know if I will be able to slap a Corsair h55 auto and a kraken g12 onto the new Navi cards?

    submitted by /u/Jovial4Banono
    [link] [comments]

    PC won't turn on

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 11:21 AM PDT

    Troubleshooting Help:

    What is your parts list? Consider formatting your parts list.

    PCPartPicker Part List

    Type Item Price
    CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor $145.74 @ SuperBiiz
    Motherboard MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard $114.99 @ Amazon
    Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $72.99 @ Newegg
    Storage Team - L5 LITE 3D 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $49.99 @ Newegg
    Video Card Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING OC PRO Video Card $377.99 @ SuperBiiz
    Case Cooler Master - MasterBox Pro 5 ATX Mid Tower Case $79.99 @ Amazon
    Power Supply Corsair - CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply $57.98 @ Newegg
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total (before mail-in rebates) $914.67
    Mail-in rebates -$15.00
    Total $899.67
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-25 04:38 EDT-0400

    Describe your problem. List any error messages and symptoms. Be descriptive.

    I followed the ~$900 build from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5jFXl0GZJo&t=767s

    i followed the video closely (not every part matched exactly, and the case was slightly different). When I flip the on switch none of the fans or LED lights come on. All i hear is a slight whirr from the Power supply.

    List anything you've done in attempt to diagnose or fix the problem.

    I haven't tried anything yet, but i might try looking over the various cables and plugs, which is probably where the problem lies. I think the power supply is turning on, as i can hear a faint whirring when the power is flipped.

    Post relevant photos of build/parts here.

    submitted by /u/nj19970622
    [link] [comments]

    New builder is an understatement. Can anyone point me in the right directions on some parts and help me know what to look for on them?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 02:46 PM PDT

    I want to build a PC for gaming, but not some super build for getting competitive or running 4k graphics on the most complex games on the market.

    So far I have the AMD Ryzen 5 2600, with 6 cores 12 threads 3.9 GHz on my list for CPU, a WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM hard drive, and vengeance LPX 16GB (8GB x 2) DDR4 3000MHz for RAM.

    What would be a good motherboard? My uncle said go with ASUS and that led me to an Amazon rabbit hole.

    Also said EVGA or ATI for video card, that just opened up a way more expensive amazon rabbit hole. I don't even know what to look for or what any of the numbers and whatnot meant, I just know this is a very important and expensive step and I don't wanna screw the pooch here.

    Does it make sense to wanna decide case, monitor, mouse and keyboard after all this is settled or is my case a pretty important part in choosing the motherboard here?

    submitted by /u/Dankadopolis
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel