• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, July 4, 2019

    Simple Questions - July 04, 2019

    Simple Questions - July 04, 2019


    Simple Questions - July 04, 2019

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 05:12 AM PDT

    This thread is for simple questions that don't warrant their own thread (although we strongly suggest checking the sidebar and the wiki before posting!). Please don't post involved questions that are better suited to a [Build Help], [Build Ready] or [Build Complete] post. Examples of questions:

    • Is this RAM compatible with my motherboard?
    • I'm thinking of getting a GTX 1070. Which one should I get?
    • I'm on a very tight budget and I'm looking for a case < $50

    Remember that Discord is great places to ask quick questions as well: http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/wiki/livechat

    Important: Downvotes are strongly discouraged in this thread. Sorting by new is strongly encouraged.

    Have a question about the subreddit or otherwise for /r/buildapc mods? We welcome your mod mail!

    Looking for all the Simple Questions threads? Want an easy way to locate today's thread? This link is now in the sidebar below the yellow Rules section.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    What are the AMD graphics card equivalent to Nvidia?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 11:41 AM PDT

    Is the Noctua NH-D15 the best air cooler?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 06:40 AM PDT

    My bunny peed on top of my tower

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 06:30 PM PDT

    Well as the title reads. I was playing Tropico 6 being a ruthless presidente. Suddenly, my pc shuts off and I look at my mini itx case and my bunny is on top and i see pee going down into the case. My worst nightmare! So I open up my pc and try cleaning everything. There was some pee on my motherboard which I presume is dead now. I cleaned up everything and checked my psu (which still turns on). But it wont turn on when connected to other components. My question, is my motherboard completely dead? Will dry and eventually work? Pls help. Btw I have a i5 4670 with Gigabyte H97N mobo.

    submitted by /u/weeag
    [link] [comments]

    Am i correct in thinking that 2nd gen Ryzen will drop in price with release of 3xxx Ryzen chips?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 11:32 AM PDT

    Will 2x8Gb 3000MHz C15 be enough for purely gaming on a 3rd gen ryzen CPU?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 09:21 AM PDT

    Are these compatible ?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 10:19 AM PDT

    R7 2700

    Amd a320 pro-e

    Gtx 1050 ti

    Are these all compatible ? I just installed my r7 2700 and can't get my monitor to display anything ?

    submitted by /u/KJH113
    [link] [comments]

    Is a 650W PSU enough for a 3700X and RTX 2070S?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 06:17 AM PDT

    According to these two power consumption benchmarks for the 2070S, peak consumption can go up to around 450W. Are these supposed to be only for the graphics card or for the entire card? And if they're for the entire card isn't there a risk of the PSU not being powerful enough to withstand these peaks during heavy usage?

    submitted by /u/Keagel
    [link] [comments]

    First time pc builder here, just wanted to run my parts list by you guys to see if i’m missing anything.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 10:05 AM PDT

    Parts list Finally decided to switch from my console to a pc. Was looking for some advice to see if this all meshes together and if there are any cheaper changes to make.

    submitted by /u/Snipezyo
    [link] [comments]

    Building my first PC and plan on buying the new Ryzen 3000 chip, how do I perform a BIOS flashback?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 07:11 AM PDT

    So I'm building my first PC and pretty much have every part except for the two most expensive ones (CPU and GPU), waiting for Ryzen 3000/2060 Super.

    I have the MSI B450 Tomahawk Mobo and understand that I'll have to do a BIOS flashback (I think?) to make it compatible with the new Ryzen 3000's.

    How do I even do this? Ive heard since it's a brand new build it may require more steps? Any help is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/ForestKin
    [link] [comments]

    240 GB Budget SSD for Laptop. Bests option advice appreciated.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 02:41 PM PDT

    Replacing a dead HDD with an SSD. Stupidly took the advice of shop tech, looking at the reviews for the BX500 it's clearly a poor quality drive. compared to the Kingston. Looking at £26 range ish. The MX500 is £34 and might be worth the extra, but if you would suggest any of the others in that bracket I would appreciate it.

    https://www.cclonline.com/category/718/Storage/Solid-State-Drives-SSDs-/2-5-Solid-State-Drives-SSDs-/attributerange/227/240.00-256.00/

    submitted by /u/InformedChoice
    [link] [comments]

    First time build help: Ryzen 2600X, ~$1,100 with monitor

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 09:30 AM PDT

    I really don't know much about computers, but have learned a lot trying to build this. I'm just looking for any issues/suggestions/wisdom.

    Use

    Mainly I want to be able to play games like Rainbow 6, Skyrim, CS:Go, Assassins Creed. As for performance while playing the games, I'm not looking for anything fancy. I've been trying to use a shitty ~$350 laptop so it's going to be a missive improvement. Also if anyone is into science, I'm going to try to use the computer for video/picture analysis in FIJI.

    Budget

    Right now it looks like everything together will be about ~$1,100 and I really can't to anymore than that. I can probably get cheaper RAM, but I'm a sucker for RGB.

    Build with everything is here. updated list

    Also if anyone knows the best time to buy parts, aka when they'll be cheaper? I saw something about waiting till after the 7th to buy the CPU (again don't know shit about shit).

    Thanks for the help, much appreciated!!

    submitted by /u/Closet_Russian
    [link] [comments]

    Took some advice from my first post and now have come up with this. Anymore advice

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 09:20 AM PDT

    PCPartPicker Part List

    Type Item Price
    CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor £158.18
    CPU Cooler be quiet! - Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler £53.58 @ Aria PC
    Motherboard MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard £89.84 @ AWD-IT
    Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory £136.98 @ Aria PC
    Storage Intel - 660p Series 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive £60.89 @ CCL Computers
    Video Card MSI - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB VENTUS OC Video Card £313.47 @ Ebuyer
    Case NZXT - H500 ATX Mid Tower Case £69.95 @ Amazon UK
    Power Supply Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply £63.83 @ CCL Computers
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total £946.72
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-04 17:19 BST+0100
    submitted by /u/xHa7
    [link] [comments]

    Asus strix rx vega 64

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 08:47 AM PDT

    Found a new Asus strix Vega 64 for 294usd. Is it worth the money?

    submitted by /u/natenous
    [link] [comments]

    Is it safe to use very old hard drives?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 03:27 PM PDT

    Hello,

    So I've very old 2.5" HDD about 10 years old give or take, and I've read a few people mentioning that old drives might damage my PC? I also need to mention that those drives have an OS (Windows vista and windows 7), won't those affect my PC or cause damage to my files or deletion/corruption of some?

    Is it totally safe to plug in through my gaming PC without any set back?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/ashoom
    [link] [comments]

    Is it true that a 240hz monitor will cause your FPS to be lower than if you’re using 144hz monitor?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 01:14 PM PDT

    Added additional RAM and PC wouldn't boot up?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 03:22 PM PDT

    So about 5 years ago I built my PC with 8gb RAM - Kingston HyperX Fury HX318C10FK2/8 8GB (2x4GB) Blue.

    Just recently I decided to upgrade to more RAM, and decided to go with an additional 16gb - Kingston HyperX Fury HX318C10FBK2/16 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Black.

    Motherboard is ASRock H97 Performance

    As the specs look pretty similar, I just assumed that they should be compatible but when I installed the new RAM the computer started to boot (with nothing coming up on the monitor), would then power down and immediately try to boot up again by itself, repeating the process over and over. I then took out the old RAM and it booted fine - does anyone have any clues? I'm kind of afraid to try putting the old RAM back in in case I do some damage to the motherboard.....

    submitted by /u/obsoleteconsole
    [link] [comments]

    PSU Question

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 03:12 PM PDT

    Hi guys!

    I'm looking for a PSU and here are the best ones I can afford, considering this tier list, my country's prices and my budget:

    • Corsair 550W CX550M Semi Modular 80 Plus Bronce = $75.45
    • Thermaltake 650W Smart 80 Plus Bronce = $93.17
    • EVGA 600W 600B = $90.85
    • EVGA 550W 550 GD = $105.37

    Here's my final build with my CPU and GPU: https://outervision.com/b/SHj8w6

    I added the 550GD but it's slightly out of my budget, and considering my country's poor financial situation those $12-30 dollars here are much more than what you guys think

    I'm asking here because I've asked my friends and they told me that either I need at least 750W or to get at least gold certificate, and since they know more than I do I'm not sure if the one I was planning to buy (the bronce 550W CXM) was a good choice

    I'm not asking for the best, I'm asking for the that can work without any problems in the long run since I've got a very limited budget

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Koumi7
    [link] [comments]

    Corsair RGB hub question

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 03:07 PM PDT

    So my SO and I are hooking up her RGB fans are not lighting up. We bought the 2 of them, the lighting node pro and the rgb hub from Corsair themselves. But it's missing the double ended 3 Pin female cable. I know her RGB wouldn't be controllable without that cable, but her fans are not lighting up at all. Should the fans light up regardless if that cable is connecting the LNP to the Hub?

    submitted by /u/gtonizuka
    [link] [comments]

    Power supply advice for my new build

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 07:31 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I'm about to order PSU for my first PC ever and I need some confirmation of experienced builder. I have RTX 2060 and will be ordering a new Ryzen 5 3600X when it comes out. RAM will be 16 gb DDR4 3000/3200 mhz, Kingston SSD 240 gb, 2x fans (140mm) and probably B450 Gigabyte elite MOBO.

    Will this one be enough https://www.centro.hr/corsair-enthusiast-series-tx550-watt-modular-power-supply-80-plus-gold-certified-eu-version.aspx?utm_source=nabava.net&utm_campaign=nabava.net&utm_medium=click ?

    Feel free to advice me to buy some other PSU

    submitted by /u/ibralii123
    [link] [comments]

    Different fans on the same connector

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 02:55 PM PDT

    Hi guys, i'd like to know if it could be a bad idea using two differents fans in the same connector. I'm running one noctua nf s12a pwm on the rear paired with a cooler master SickleFlow 120mm on the top, connected by Y noctua splitter. Both fans are exhaust. My mobo is Aorus H370 gaming 3 wifi, my BIOS F11 in default setting (no change in MIT or fan settings) My pc was built 1 year ago and it works fine.

    Could it be harmful for my PC, on the long term, keep on working in this condition, namely with 2 differents fans in the same channell?

    Anyway i think i'll buy another nf s12a soon, trying top intake configuration to get less noise and positive airflow (although there's no dust problem in my case).

    Thank you very much

    submitted by /u/pettore84
    [link] [comments]

    Ryzen 2700 X bottlenecking

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 02:46 PM PDT

    What is the minimum gpu I should get to prevent bottle necking, and what is the maximum gpu that won't be bottlenecks by it? I got a 1060 6gb for cheap but I'm looking to upgrade it and I want to know a good range to look at.

    submitted by /u/chosenboiiiiiiiiiii
    [link] [comments]

    Is an RX 560 for $50 worth it? (Free Shipping)

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 02:31 PM PDT

    4GB OC model.

    submitted by /u/Radictor
    [link] [comments]

    New RAM stick causing PC to go into a reboot loop

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 10:43 AM PDT

    Troubleshooting Help:

    What is your parts list?

    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LYqJYT

    Describe your problem. List any error messages and symptoms. Be descriptive.

    After adding a new RAM stick (The 'Kingston Value 4 GB DDR3-1333 Memory', the other two were already in place), my PC will not properly boot anymore. It's basically constantly trying to boot up and shut itself off again. As far as I can tell the RAM sticks are all properly clicked in as well.

    Removing said new RAM stick resolves this issue.

    List anything you've done in attempt to diagnose or fix the problem.

    I've tried reseating the new RAM stick in several of the RAM slots, including the ones the old RAM sticks are using. No difference in result.

    submitted by /u/Diregroves
    [link] [comments]

    Need help upgrading or rebuilding first gaming pc

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 10:43 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I just got my first used gaming computer and I wanted to upgrade it, but I want to do it safely and starting with the most necessary parts. Unfortunately, I don't know much about building gaming computers yet so I figured I would ask you guys. I don't really have a strict budget, and I plan on slowly upgrading or rebuilding it if it's worth it.

    CPU: Intel i5-7400 Quad Core @ 3.00 GHz

    MOTHERBOARD: MSI B250M Bazooka

    MEMORY: Crucial 8GB (2 x 4 GB) 4gb ddr4-2133 udimm

    STORAGE: Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB 7200 RPM

    GRAPHICS CARD: AMD Radeon RX 480

    CASE: Large Cooler Master Case but cant find exact model

    POWER SSUPPLY: Thermaltake Smart Series Power Supply SMART 600W

    FANS/COOLING: There are 2 large Raidmax fans on the front and one the back. The fan on the CPU also looks like the stock intel one if that matters.

    Any help is appreciated as I don't really know where to start.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Ramenkamen88
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel