• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, July 4, 2019

    My Windows folder is over 71GB. Is there any way to save space? Tech Support

    My Windows folder is over 71GB. Is there any way to save space? Tech Support


    My Windows folder is over 71GB. Is there any way to save space?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 06:48 PM PDT

    Windows is on my (old) 120GB SSD, and takes up 71,7GB out of 120, and is just constantly full. Normally Windows isnt THAT big,right? any way to reduce the size? Don't want to delete anything I'm not supposed to .

    submitted by /u/xxStefanxx1
    [link] [comments]

    How Do I Remove .besub ransomware?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 06:27 PM PDT

    Today all my files got renamed to extension .besub and now I cannot access them. Please help me

    submitted by /u/techlensesyoutube
    [link] [comments]

    Computer overheats and turns off while gaming

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 04:08 AM PDT

    Ok, I've had enough, I bought a new fan and changed the cooling paste - I'm shitty with computers.

    Here's what HW monitor and MSI burner looks like while in game and outside:

    First picture is while playing world of warcraft, second is when I turned it off:

    https://imgur.com/a/m9SyCA7

    World of warcraft can heat a lot more, I played the ptr version.

    submitted by /u/euroguy
    [link] [comments]

    Unknown cause of random file corruption and programs getting unexplained errors or stop working altogether

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 05:05 AM PDT

    I'm having a problem with my PC where I'm getting these random issues consistently. Files will unexplicably get corrupted, programs will just stop opening or start giving me a random error. Even afterbreinstalling whatever program happens to be having issues, the errors will persist. I've tried formatting my PC several times and done a fresh install of Windows but these issues seem to keep coming back usually within a period of 24 hours. I seem to be amiss as to what could be causing this problem. Some of the components in my rig have racked up at least 4-5 years of use. Could an old hard drive be creating instability like this? Any suggestions as to where I might try and focus so I can diagnose this problem?

    Specs: Windows 10 Asus H97M-plus I5-4690k EVGA GTX 1060 16GB Corsair DDR4 3200 120GB SSD - Windows installation 1TB 7200rpm HD - used for everything else

    submitted by /u/st-5
    [link] [comments]

    I need to convince my dad that the PC he bought a year ago is a piece of shit and a waste of $2000.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 01:19 AM PDT

    My dad bought a PC for approx 2000 dollars last year and it can barely run CSGO at the lowest settings. It isn't a gaming computer, but for computer costing 2000 dollars you would expect it to run something like CSGO. I need your thoughts on the PC and tell me if it's shit or if it's actually pretty good. I know a little bit about pc hardware and stuff but there's a lot of stuff that i barely know about Here are the specs and other stuff:

    Intel Core i5-7400

    Intel H110 chipset

    16GB DDR4 2400Mhz

    250GB solid state drive

    Seagate 2TN 7200RPM

    Multi card reader

    Windows 10

    mTower with 400w 80+ PSU

    On Boards audio, GIG lan and wifi and on boards graphics

    Tell me if that is shit or good, and even if you want too how do i convince my dad that out PC is a piece shit, if it is a piece of shit

    Edit: Spelling and Formatting and making it look nicer

    Edit 2: It can't even run MW4 at max settings and it came out in 2007 holy shit

    submitted by /u/gooch_tickler0
    [link] [comments]

    New PC has odd issues (Restarting/Shutdown at seemingly random times)

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 05:01 AM PDT

    I recently just got a new PC and the only holdovers from my old one are the PSU, M.2, SSD and HDD.
    However, it has been through a rough 48 hours. It started out taking about 4 to 5 POSTs before getting to Windows, upon which it would almost immediately crash or BSOD with a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, until I was able to uninstall some drivers. After getting a clean reinstall of Windows 10 Pro, I would still crash just not as often. Updated drivers for everything, less crashing, almost no BSOD, but now it would crash when attempting to plugin a flash drive in an attempt to flash the BIOS. After it would crash, I was able to put in the flash drive fine. Updated to newest BIOS (F8 for this board), and have not experienced a BSOD since, yet still experience a freeze/crash at around 5-10% of the time when inserting a flash drive. Have not been able to repeat it in the last 12 or so hours, however.

    However... now it randomly restarts or turns my computer off at seemingly random times. I am able to run stress tests for 1-2 hours on both CPU and GPU, no issues. Except maybe 2-3min AFTER the tests are done, it would either turn off and not come back unless I press the power button, or freeze and need to be turned off by holding the power button. Sometimes it freezes when I watch YouTube (hardware acceleration on and off), or in the middle of playing a game (Total War: Warhammer 2), or after I close said game. Sometimes it crashes when I am doing absolutely nothing, and sometimes it doesn't crash at all for hours at a time.

    I have ran memtest86 with no errors, OCCT with no errors, Furmark, Prime95, IPDT, Unigine... you name it. No errors during tests, except that when I am done testing, probably 25% of the time it would crash a few minutes after. All my temperatures are well under what I would consider a concerning level (60-70c max load on CPU, 60-63c for GPU) during tests, and go down to the low 30s after testing. I have ran a chkdsk on all drives with no errors found. There are no issues in the device manager, all drivers are up to date. It is really making me want to pull my hair out, to say the least.

    Below are my specs:

    • CPU: i9-9900K (no OC)
    • CPU Cooler: H110i GTX
    • RAM: (4x16GB) 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000mhz (running at 2166 until stability is found)
    • GPU: 2080 ti Extreme Waterforce (Aorus/Gigabyte, no OC)
    • Motherboard: Z390 Aorus Master
    • M.2: Toshiba RD400 512GB
      SSD: Samsung 840 Evo PRO
      HDD: WDC WD10EZEX
    • PSU: EVGA Supernova 850w 80+
    • Case: Phanteks Evolv X
    • Phanteks Riser Cable Premium 220m Shielded PCI-e 16x to vertically mount GPU (mount included in case)

    To me, it seems like the culprit could be the Motherboard or PSU. PSU I have had for about 4-5 years, and I had concerns on whether or not it could supply power for the MOBO, CPU, GPU and all the new components in the new machine. The USB in the I/O and front are powered via some feature on the board called DAC2 or something like that, so could also be contributing to a PSU issue or could flat out be a faulty Motherboard. However, I have no idea how I would be able to put a full load on both the CPU and GPU at the same time and not have it restart consistently, yet have it turn off on me while staring at the desktop and some various monitoring tools. There are no event logs or dumps recorded when these shutdowns/restarts/freezes happen, other than 'critical errors' stating that the PC was shutdown improperly at the time of the crash. Also, in SafeMode, my mouse and keyboard do not work whatsoever (Logitech g502 and g910), and could also point to a bad I/O or Motherboard.

    Any help or insight towards what I could do to both diagnose or remedy the problem would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Zaelers
    [link] [comments]

    Spilled Beer on Laptop. What to do to fix it 100%? It shuts down every hour.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 05:00 AM PDT

    It still opens, I can play video games but it shuts down after an hour and then I can open it again. What is the issue? I cleaned the keyboard, the ram and everything that visibly available to clean... any recommendations? I feel like there's still hope with the laptop because if it was water damage it wouldnt even open ...

    thank you guys in advance

    submitted by /u/Jimyccc
    [link] [comments]

    Computer memory overflowing!

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 05:00 AM PDT

    So I've had this PC for a year and I just checked my storage space for the first time in a while. 110/930 GB. I don't know how this happened?!?! I deleted the games I don't play but I'm still missing upwards of 600 gigabytes?!?! Is there any way to scan through this to find what's taking up so much memory?

    submitted by /u/Hungry-san
    [link] [comments]

    What other options besides Ethernet and a USB adapter do I have to get good speeds on my PC?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 01:13 AM PDT

    My wifi router is in the living room and I don't have Ethernet connected to my bedroom where my PC is.

    submitted by /u/AiryGr8
    [link] [comments]

    Volume not changing

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 04:57 AM PDT

    My friend has a problem that when using speakers, her Logitech G710 doesn't change volume from volume scroll, but it shows volume changing but when using headphones with audio interface, it works normally. What could be the problem?

    submitted by /u/TheRealFinskar
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone activation notification?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 04:51 AM PDT

    If there are two iPhones both connected to one iOS account and one of them has an update and goes back to the "Hello' setup screen when started, will it send a notification to the other device when you go through that process to access the phone again?

    The phone has not been wiped because it still has the wifi connection and PIN code when I start it. I've never seen this before and for personal reasons I would like to know if a notification would be sent. Thank you

    submitted by /u/throwingaway6998
    [link] [comments]

    Webhook to c++?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 04:40 AM PDT

    Is there a way to retrieve data from a webhook, directly into C++ code?

    Specifically i have a CSV file that occasionally gets updated online, and i have a script repeatedly downloading it every few seconds, this is a bit inefficient and causes some problems..

    A webhook would be much more efficient and faster soooo anyone got any ideas? Thankyou!!

    submitted by /u/quantumwoooo
    [link] [comments]

    Blue screen of death on new pc

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 04:36 AM PDT

    Hi. I assembled a new pc and having bsod when I start it up. My specs are ryzen 5 1500x, giga b450m, rx 570, 2x4 ddr4 ram. I really have no idea whybit got bsod but what the frick.

    submitted by /u/mr123nick
    [link] [comments]

    New laptop drops CPU and GPU speeds drastically In game

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 04:35 AM PDT

    I recently got the new Asus zephyrus g, and I've been using it for about 2 days. In all the games I have tested, it plays for about 30 seconds just fine and the CPU idles at about 3.6 megahertz, and depending on the game, the GPU runs at 90 to 100%.but when I play a game, after about 30 seconds, the CPU and GPU drop to about one-fifth of the speed they were going, and then game playing FPS resumes like normal. I've tested for viruses using Malwarebytes, I uninstalled most of the bloatware, and I've checked temps, and even in a game like pubg they only reach about 77 degrees Celsius. If anyone is able to help, I would greatly appreciate it!

    submitted by /u/Teman2001
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 Pro in S mode

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 04:27 AM PDT

    hi guys and girls,

    got a small Problem here.

    Short what happend: Yesterday when starting my PC it was stuck in a infinit starting loop, with nothing like, resetting the pc and such working. so i made a windows boot version on my USB stick and installed windows through that.

    That worked, though im stuck now with Windows 10 pro in S mode and cant change that. when i try to got through the activation pannel and click on "change to windows 10 pro" though the microsoft store and then click on download, i just get the message: "looking for a solution..."

    does anyone here know what i can do to get out of this s mode, since as it seems the store thingy aint working

    submitted by /u/KimJongSiew
    [link] [comments]

    Pc doesn't boot and only makes sound

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 04:18 AM PDT

    So today I wanted to open my pc, clean it a little (only unscrewed the box,nothing more).As I cleaned it, I went to the monitor, plugged it and the pc didn't turn on, or besides the monitor didn't show it and it made a noise coming from the motherboard.Is it something from the monitor or else?

    submitted by /u/Nasko0o0
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know by chance what POE means

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 04:11 AM PDT

    I saw it when I read an online forum that says, You have been banned for the following reason: POE

    submitted by /u/stigmatavssticks
    [link] [comments]

    My Games keep crashing

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 12:25 AM PDT

    Sometimes, at random times my games will just crash and a thing will pop up saying I need to set up my D: drive and I've even bought a whole new Hardrive and SATA cables but it still happens.

    submitted by /u/PappiSherman
    [link] [comments]

    How to combine Local Disk C & D ?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 04:03 AM PDT

    So I have a single 1TB hard drive, my pc came with the drive seperate into 2 500gb disk how do I recombine them ?

    https://imgur.com/a/IYv58g6

    submitted by /u/Jevve
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my laptop keep 'waking up' randomly when I set it to sleep? Open program windows are still open, but sometimes folder windows close and sometimes they stay open with no discernible pattern (to me). It's almost like a mini-reboot but not. It's not a critical thing but it's very annoying.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 04:01 AM PDT

    Win10 64bit, everything up to date; i7-7700HQ@2.8GHz; 16Gb ram; Intel HD 630 Graphics/Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 graphics; stock monitor with a Cintiq 13HD drawing tablet as a second monitor.

    submitted by /u/ReallyDan
    [link] [comments]

    hp laptop clear secure boot keys

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 04:01 AM PDT

    Hi,

    i have an old HP notebook which i want to format entirely and modify it completely for phoenixOS (with hdmi out with sound) from scratch, But the problem is HP have their own HP recovery installed in the bios.

    after Dban i wiped the drive and i cant find proper solution online for hp recovery removal.

    there is no option of secure boot in the bios.

    is there any way how to install the bios completely, if so how? what things i should consider? (my present bios is of insyde version f.42)

    will that remove the HP recovery completely or i will brick the mobo?

    After being on phone with HP support for 4 hours with no solution, reddit is my hope.

    thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/pattagobi
    [link] [comments]

    Static noise from PC speakers when PC is turned off.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 04:00 AM PDT

    I bought the logitech Z333 and whenever I turn of my pc it will start making a buzzing noise at the bass of the sound system. It usually only starts after an hour or more which is an issue after I wake up and hear that my bass is making an audible static noise sound that is too loud to my liking. My question is would it be fine to use the power switch on my extension cord to remove the power from my PC and all of it's peripherals or would this harm the computer over time due to it needing always to be connected to some form of current. I obviously would turn my pc first of from windows. If you could provide me with links or additional info I would be most thankful.

    submitted by /u/robinclarijs
    [link] [comments]

    "Format did not complete successfully"

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 03:56 AM PDT

    Bought a new Crucial MX500 because my old SSD is full, tried to create a new drive in disk management and I get this error. Any solution to this? I tried searching up the errors to no avail, and partition managers didn't help. Thanks a lot in advance.

    submitted by /u/WORST_RIVEN_TH
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to automate a mouse click when a sound is hear?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 03:50 AM PDT

    I want to automate something and I want my mouse to click the screen when a sound is played. Is there any application that allows me to do that?

    submitted by /u/PoopPower333
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel