• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Tuesday, July 2, 2019

    My FB posted a random picture advertising a site that sells cheap shoes. Then proceeded to tag lots of my friends on that post Tech Support

    My FB posted a random picture advertising a site that sells cheap shoes. Then proceeded to tag lots of my friends on that post Tech Support


    My FB posted a random picture advertising a site that sells cheap shoes. Then proceeded to tag lots of my friends on that post

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 11:12 PM PDT

    So suddenly it was posted on my timeline out of nowhere. I only learned about it when one of my friend commented that it was a "scam" which I 100% agree on. I immediately went to the offensive post and deleted it without fully checking what it is.

    There was a group created, I think, and tagged lots of people. I'm so mad because I rarely use FB anymore since it's a fucking shit app and here it was fucking me again over. I wanted to delete my acc but the only thing stopping me is the group chats of my friends. Also, it would be too weird in here for someone who don't have an fb.

    People left a reaction and message me about the scam. I already reseted my password, updated my phone number, changed all the future posts visibility to "only me" , logged out of all the existing devices, activated two factor authentication... what else to do?

    submitted by /u/BlaizePascal
    [link] [comments]

    Year-old PSU suddenly buzzing

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 09:48 PM PDT

    First off, here's a video of the sound. Watch until the end because the sound is more distinctive once i move the camera away and back.

    https://youtu.be/zrQXmtY3yOs

    I've had this PC for a year, and although the PSU fan bearing was noisy from day one, it never produced a buzzing noise like this. It's hard for me to reproduce the sound reliably, but this is the course of events:

    It first happened after I had been playing a game all day long. I turned my PC off for an hour, but the sound continued after booting it back up.

    I turned it off and went to bed. Then, when I woke up and turned it on, the sound was gone. But then it came back again by the end of the day.

    The next day, the sound was gone. I played the game all day and it never came back. I did not turn the PC off and let it go into sleep mode.

    Today, I had to go to work. I played the game for a couple hours on break. Then I went back to work, during which my computer was in sleep mode. Then I came home, played the game for 2-3 hours and the sound returned.

    Sorry for the play-by-play of my lame gamer life, but ignore how much of a loser I am. :)

    The system is completely stable and I am not having any other issues. CPU and GPU are not manually overclocked. All temps are well within safe range under load, and the rail voltages are within spec.

    I'm just very alarmed by this new and unusual noise. I'm afraid that continuing to run my system like this will result in component damage or failure. Or perhaps it's nothing to worry about?

    The noise occurs as soon as the PSU powers on and ceases as soon as it is off. It is of a consistent frequency and volume level, regardless of load or what's being rendered/processed.

    My PSU has a "hybrid" mode where the fan can go completely idle. Pressing the button when at the Windows login screen makes the normally noisy fan go silent (so, likely off), but the buzzing noise continues. This suggests to me that the noise is not coming from the fan.

    I made no hardware or software changes prior to this occuring, other than updating the game I was playing (FFXIV) and getting a new keyboard. The noise does not stop if I unplug the keyboard or use my old one.

    Where can I begin in troubleshooting this issue? Is anyone familiar with this noise?

    Edit: OMG I forgot the specs.

    Seasonic Prime Gold 750w PSU, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-F mobo, Intel i5-8600k, GTX 1080, 16 GB RAM, Samsung EVO 970 SSD, Windows 10 Build 1809 (had color issues on latest build)

    submitted by /u/omgstupidlaptop
    [link] [comments]

    My father is a teacher, he needs to prove a fraud from a student who did the exam on a laptop.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 04:16 AM PDT

    Apparently the student used his cellphone for internet sharing and pasted the content of various websites in the Word file, without forgetting to change some words to make it more believable. It's quite sure that he cheated, the content is exactly the same from the websites he used. But if that's possible he needs to have more proofs.

    Here's my question, is it possible, to see if a content is pasted in Word, or perhaps to see a precise historic of what happened in the file. (He has the original file)

    The laptop has been analysed, and there's nothings, no browsing history, no cookies. He doesn't know what to look for anymore, if you have any idea, it would be perfect.

    Thanks for your help guys!

    submitted by /u/CooperDoppelganger
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10, Kernal Security Check Failure crash, several times per day for a year now

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 09:44 PM PDT

    I get this crash as well DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION less often.

    What is this related to? I faintly recall drivers having to do with it. My computer is somewhat of a Frankenstein that has been worked on since the windows 7 days, then Vista, now 10.

    Is there any solutions to this or am I best off starting from a fresh hard drive and OS?

    submitted by /u/BillnTedsTelltaleAdv
    [link] [comments]

    Intel Boost causing constant restarts

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 02:29 AM PDT

    Hi, I recently bought a new computer with i5-9600K. After complete putting together my all components when I was installing Windows, I've got constantly BSOD with "Page fault in nonpaged area"
    After testing all possibilities of hardware causing this problem I turned off Turbo Boost. Windows has successfully been installed and my computer is working normally.
    But when i tried after few days rerun this feature, computer wont boot, just trying 3s and restart, and again and again

    My setup:

    Intel Core i5-9600k
    MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Gaming Z
    Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
    SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 650W
    Corsair Vengeance LPX, 16GB, 3200Mhz
    SSD Crucial MX500

    submitted by /u/kompanpawel
    [link] [comments]

    Black Screen After Updating Windows

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 06:42 PM PDT

    I got a PC about 2 hours ago, when I first start it, it says to plug in a boot device, but the SSD was already plugged in, so restart and open up the boot menu and go to Windows Boot Manager, everything works fine for about another hour. After downloading some Windows Updates, I decide to restart to install them. I see the restarting and updating screen, then it goes black. I wait a few minutes, shut off the system, nothing. Turn it back on, still black, not even seeing the BIOS logo. Pls Help. Yes I've tried both Graphics Card output and onboard VGA.

    Update: Just had to unplug the computer for 20 seconds. Shout outs to u/eldof9117

    submitted by /u/sil3nt_gam3r
    [link] [comments]

    How to automatically sync music folders between an android phone and a computer when connected threw usb?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 06:00 PM PDT

    I am looking for a method to automatically sync the music from my laptop to my Android device when I connect it through a USB. I have found methods to automatically backup the files from my phone to the computer but to do this in reverse has proven a little difficult. Ideally I would like to set some kind of a rule that when I connect my device to the laptop that the music folders sync and I don't have to manually drag and drop the files as it has started to get messy and time-consuming keeping track of what's where and what's not. Thanks in advance for your help! please no options for online streaming 🙂

    submitted by /u/mtac12
    [link] [comments]

    Certain keys on my wired Apple keyboard have stopped working. Please advise me as it’s actually my girlfriends keyboard and I don’t wanna die

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 12:34 AM PDT

    I had some friends round at the weekend and I can only assume a drink has been spilled on my (her) Apple keyboard. It's the wired version, only about half the alphabet is working.

    Is my keyboard completely broken and past the point of no return? Or is there anything I can do, before just buying another?

    Thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/liamdarbo
    [link] [comments]

    So can my Xbox be hacked?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 08:37 PM PDT

    I ask because some dude decided to turn my Xbox on everytime I turn it off, play my game for me, then when I try to take back control he finds a way to say "fuck you" before wrestling with me for control again. It got to the point where I have unplugged my Xbox completely. Any ideas as to what I should do?

    submitted by /u/SonOfKappa
    [link] [comments]

    "java" command works on cmd but not on ubuntu terminal

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 03:49 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I am trying to use the ubuntu terminal for windows 10 and I am installing Java on my PC.

    I downloaded the JAVA JDK from this site (https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk12-downloads-5295953.html) and it finished the installation.

    When I type the java command in the cmd, it exists and works. But when I do the same in the ubuntu terminal, the java command does not exist. I get the following:

    Command 'java' not found, but can be installed with: sudo apt install default-jre

    sudo apt install openjdk-11-jre-headless

    sudo apt install openjdk-8-jre-headless

    I don't know how to solve this because previously I used linux for all my java development. Should I install one of these packages? Or I should add something in the PATH so that it recognizes the command?

    submitted by /u/vilipche
    [link] [comments]

    Monitor stopped working out of nowhere

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 03:49 AM PDT

    I woke my computer up from a sleep, everything was working up until I had the blue screen of death. I restarted it, and my main monitor (LG 29 inch ultrawide) decided it wasn't going to work with my PC. However, because I have a Mac Mini, that works perfectly fine with the monitor. It comes up fine. Now, I have a feeling that it's my graphics card that is the problem. I've only had it for about 15 months.

    Here are my PC specs: i5 4460 quad core @ 3.20ghz GTX 1050 TI graphics GPU 2 TB hard drive Main monitor: LG 29WK600 ultrawide monitor

    Do I need to buy a new graphics card? All help will be much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/vezus-red
    [link] [comments]

    Peripheral search - USB C powered hub

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 03:48 AM PDT

    Hi folks,

    I've got an Intel NUC i7 and not enough power to run all my USB devices AND a USB C portable monitor. Is there a "USB C / Thunderbolt 3 powered hub" That I'm unable to find with my googling. Basically it would be a USB C Male (to NUC) with three USB C Female plugs 1 x power in, 1 x out for my usb C screen (doesn't have any other way of powering it)

    If the above is not possible I'm looking for recommendations for good powered USB 3 hubs that can survive life in a backpack.

    submitted by /u/thunderborg
    [link] [comments]

    Constant FPS drops

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 03:46 AM PDT

    Hi. I am experiencing problem with my FPS on practicly new PC. Here are specs: Ryzen 5 2600 (no OC), jetstream gtx 1070, 8 gb RAM Viper Patriot 3000 MHz, msi b450 tomahawk, vero L500. My disk is HDD toshiba 1TB. No ssd.

    In every game I've played stuttering occured. In PUBG and Far Cry New Dawn there were constant fps drops from like 70 or more to 20-30 less for a fraction of a second and again every 15-20 seconds. In GTA, only on online, they were different. Rapid drops to like 15 fps, happening when I hit a car in town or when flying above the city, ussualy with sound tearing.

    Have to add I play with 75Hz refresh rate, but it doesn't seem to affect it, cos I changed it 60Hz, didn't help. I tried changing graphics settings, nvidia control panel, made a few changes in windows, like disableing game DVR or turbo boost of cpu. My PC is not overheating, max gpu temp was 67 celsius degree, cpu did not exceed 62. Disk seems to be ok, no problems in cristal disk, but some have suggested buying ssd for system might help. Ram also works fine, memtest executed, everything ok, but I found info, that even if my PC does not use all of 8gb (max 7 in my case), it might cause stuttering and buying additional 8gb might help. Now I'll try installing previous gpu drivers. Also my graphics card is the only second hand component, It's 1,5 year old and my concern is it can be damaged, but nothing really indicates it is (apart from those drops, but I have no idea what causes it). Do you have any suggestions? What do you think of buying RAM and SSD? Do you think it's the card fault?

    submitted by /u/GOLD_FINGER1337
    [link] [comments]

    How to wipe an ssd for a RMA?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 06:02 PM PDT

    This question has probably been asked before but I couldn't find anything recent. What would be the best way to wipe the drive? I already did a fresh install of windows on it, but I've heard from other sources that it might not wipe everything. I don't have any sensitive data on it but I would rather be safe than sorry.

    For any wondering, it is a Kingston A400 480 GB ssd and I've had problems with it being my boot drive, multiple blue screens and crashes that didn't happen when I configured my seagate barracuda 2 tb hard drive as the boot drive.

    submitted by /u/NeonNarwhal34
    [link] [comments]

    Asus flip 15 screen resolution won’t go over 1920x1080

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 03:38 AM PDT

    Hi guys, I'm new to this subreddit, I've looked for help everywhere but didn't find anything so I've come here for help. So i just bought a Asus Flip 15 UX562FD and it has a 4k screen, however my screen resolution won't go over 1920x1080, I've updated all my drivers and still nothing. What could be the problem?

    submitted by /u/Enulax
    [link] [comments]

    Alternative screen for ASUS X555LB--XO248H

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 03:34 AM PDT

    I bought a new used laptop and I am very happy with it altogether.

    Except for the screen because it is a really really bad one. And i somewhere heard/read that there are better ones, even IPS ones but I am not sure where to find some to order to Austria/Germany. Can someone locate me and give me info on the availability of alternative displays for this laptop.

    I saw that there are screens with 40pin connectors and I am sure that I have the 30 pin one, so this is something to take into account as well.

    Thanks in advance :)

    submitted by /u/Fabianku
    [link] [comments]

    Pc won't start, it freezes while booting

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 03:33 AM PDT

    It is the third time this happened and I still have no idea why. Whenever it manages to boot, everything is back to normal. So far the problem was solved after a while of turning the pc off and on.

    Yesterday my pc froze while playing a game. I turned it off and on and I knew this is happening again. The problem is that my pc freezes while booting, sometimes it freezes during login screen, sometimes just black screen.

    I thought it may be due to overheating, but safe mode boots normally (safe mode with online features also doesn't boot for some reason ). I honestly don't know what to do.

    submitted by /u/TheAssiChow
    [link] [comments]

    iPad isn’t on Rotation lock yet it won’t switch to landscape mode.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 03:30 AM PDT

    It will only stay in portrait mode.

    submitted by /u/HelloThere00F
    [link] [comments]

    Wifi conection problem

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 03:23 AM PDT

    My Wi-Fi signal has been inconsistant lately . I have 25mbps on my phone''s connection and only 30-50 kbps on my computer also the signal can appear or disappear randomly . Any solutions? Thx in advance.

    submitted by /u/bez_imena
    [link] [comments]

    Computer stops responding randomly

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 06:36 PM PDT

    I'll be actively working and the monitor will turn off with no signal

    I cannot remote into the computer then it appears as offline

    The only fix is to hard restart with the power button, but this has to be done (the computer is not in an off state where I can just press the power button once and get it turn back on)

    I may be looking at it wrong, as I'm not expert, but there is nothing in the event log. There are no events until restart

    Any way to figure out what's causing this?

    EDIT: One question would be, since its very random and not that frequent, is there some software that would generate a useful log if it happens again so we can get some insight?

    submitted by /u/DumpsterCopier
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone Photos taking up space even after deleting all pics

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 03:20 AM PDT

    My friend has been trying to backup her WhatsApp into iCloud for a while now as she is upgrading her phone. All other irrelevant data has either been deleted or moved, all pics have been deleted off the phone. However, Photos is taking up 1.5ish GB of storage space and to backup WhatsApp we need 500 odd MB of space, we're out of things to delete as of right now. This is a 16GB iPhone 6+ model running iOS 11. Unfortunately I've never used an iPhone so idk if there is something I'm missing that's taking up the storage. Thanks in advance :)

    submitted by /u/PandemKotiya
    [link] [comments]

    Computer froze and on restart stuck on Troubleshoot computer or Turn of computer

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 03:16 AM PDT

    I tried all the options including diagnostic. I took a usb key with a windows installer from microsoft and was unable to finish booting. The option to reset the PC is not there and using cmd commands have't seemed to help.

    I deleted a partition thinking it might help but now the computer wont wont load windows at all exept the usb installer still runs without being able to instal windows.

    No idea what to do, I don't have the factory disc either even though I bought it a few weeks ago

    I don't think there is a warranty

    What could I try to do to fix or get it fixed? Thanks for any help, I don't fully know the rules of this sub yet for formatting sorry

    submitted by /u/03690369
    [link] [comments]

    My Keyboard is Glitching!

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 03:14 AM PDT

    So the glitch looked like this. Glitch

    Info:

    Keyboard: KIMAT XT.2 RGB Gaming Keyboard (Wired)

    Operator: Windows 10

    (I have troubles making this post because the glitch keeps messing things up)

    It happend after downloading shiginima; a launcher for a cracked version of Minecraft.

    After awhile I couldn't type and suddenly a long "`123456789" or something appears and just forces me to click random keycaps to make it stop (literally rub my whole hand all over the keyboard).

    The weird this is that when I sometimes unplug my keyboard, it keeps going for 3+ seconds and it stops.

    submitted by /u/Elifion
    [link] [comments]

    The joystick on my PSP is stuck to the left.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 05:23 PM PDT

    Yeah, I know it's an old system.

    Yeah, I know it's unlikely I'll get a fix for it.

    Yeah, it's still a problem to me.

    submitted by /u/RyanPlaysSkyrim
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop's CPU/GPU fan cleaning

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 02:47 AM PDT

    Hi there, I'd like to ask a question about cleaning out the laptop (Which is Sony VAIO SVE series). Image Should I remove the thing in red in picture? It also feels like it is glued in or something like that (I don't know to call these in english). I will replace the thermal paste later on, of course.

    submitted by /u/kazkas1398
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel