• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, July 1, 2019

    Android Help Moronic Monday (Jul 01 2019) - Your weekly questions thread!

    Android Help Moronic Monday (Jul 01 2019) - Your weekly questions thread!


    Moronic Monday (Jul 01 2019) - Your weekly questions thread!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 04:22 AM PDT

    Note 1. Join us at /r/MoronicMondayAndroid, a sub serving as a repository for our retired weekly threads. Just pick any thread and Ctrl-F your way to wisdom!

    Note 2. Join our Discord, IRC, and Telegram chat-rooms! Please see our wiki for instructions.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    US smartphone users know little about own phones

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 09:36 AM PDT

    [Invitation] Samsung Galaxy UNPACKED 2019: The Next Galaxy

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 06:03 PM PDT

    OnePlus 7 Pro owners received bizarre spam notifications during a failed internal test

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 02:17 AM PDT

    Boxed in by Chinese rivals, Samsung to sack 1,000 in India

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 06:54 PM PDT

    Android Q Quick Settings have hidden and confusing shortcuts

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 07:15 AM PDT

    July 2019 Pixel Factory Images Released

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 10:31 AM PDT

    Latest Instragram update seems to finally add a janky version of the slide-in animation from the iOS version

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 02:46 PM PDT

    https://gfycat.com/SingleEthicalGnatcatcher

    I'm hoping it's unfinished cause it looks pretty bad!

    Version 101.0.0.2.120

    submitted by /u/Ashanmaril
    [link] [comments]

    Brave Improves Its Ad-Blocker Performance by 69x with New Engine Implementation in Rust

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 10:28 AM PDT

    Android Security and Pixel Update bulletins Published

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 10:14 AM PDT

    July 2019 security patch is rolling out for Essential Phone

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 11:17 AM PDT

    Dispute between Japan and South Korea may cause supply issues for Samsung - SiliconANGLE

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 12:50 PM PDT

    Google's Pixel C Android tablet may not get any more security updates

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 05:29 PM PDT

    The Era of Live Starts Now: Galaxy A80 Available Today

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 05:23 AM PDT

    Galaxy Fold: Inside Samsung’s struggle to deliver a foldable phone – and why the future of smartphones hinges on it

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 10:29 AM PDT

    Filtering and Blocking

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 05:50 PM PDT

    I would love to see an option to block content creators from my Play profile. Example, I don't want to see anything published by EA, Eminem and Disney. I don't want to see it in any of my stores in this example.

    I think this is important to help protect my children from predatory practices. My children are young and starting to get into technology. I want to give them context for things like loot boxes or mature content.

    I can block users and I can limit things by suggest age groups. But, many "kid friendly," apps have an option for $99.99 dollar IAP. KID FRIENDLY.

    For kids...

    Small rant/request from those in power. This goes for any platform that this fits into.

    Thank you for reading

    submitted by /u/EdocKrow
    [link] [comments]

    Ad Blocking

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 01:48 PM PDT

    Do I've been using Adhell 2 for the past year or so, and it worked perfectly. The only maintenance involved was that I had to obtain a new ELM key every 3 or 4 months so that Adhell would remain active.

    Well, I've had to replace my device and that means I had to set my apps up all over again and what do you know, Samsung no longer issues ELM keys to non-partner accounts.

    Today I found out that if you are running Pie, no matter which device you use, we have the option to change our private DNS to "dns.adguard.com" and viola, native, rootless ad blocking. As of now I don't notice any drawbacks. Connectivity is strong and webpages and apps load a lot faster than without.

    Maybe I'm late, but I searched and didn't see this posted recently so I hope I'm able to help someone out.

    submitted by /u/Mr_sippi
    [link] [comments]

    The official statement from OnePlus regarding the weird notifications on OnePlus 7 Pro

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 04:38 AM PDT

    Samsung CEO says he pushed Galaxy Fold launch ‘before it was ready’

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 10:59 PM PDT

    My friend and I both had Chat features available in Messages settings on Telus (Canada)

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 09:25 AM PDT

    My friend has a Pixel 2XL and I'm on a Pixel 3. Both on Telus. He texted me this morning that he has Chat options in his settings. I checked my settings and it turns out I had them too. I toggled on the Chat switch, sent a text and it still went through SMS. Went back into the settings to double check it was still on, and it was back to saying Chat isn't available on my carrier. My friend checked his and it did the same thing.

    Since it's Monday, I'm wondering if something is rolling out today? Either Telus is getting RCS, or maybe Google is expanding their "we'll do it ourselves" version of Chat to Canada. Or it could have been a fluke.

    Anyone else seeing this?

    submitted by /u/Ashanmaril
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel