• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, July 1, 2019

    30 gigs of system files I can't delete? Android Help

    30 gigs of system files I can't delete? Android Help


    30 gigs of system files I can't delete?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 05:12 PM PDT

    Galaxy S8 had for a few years, observing some drive scans shows 30% of a 64 gigs are just system files. Forums said they were dead apks, but I can't access them to delete. I tried deleting the cache partition from the boot menu thing, didn't work.

    submitted by /u/LeSypher
    [link] [comments]

    Can I take a European apk of Google messenger to get RCS early or how exactly does the rollout happen?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 09:04 AM PDT

    question about screen sharing from a stock android

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 04:36 PM PDT

    yesterday I tried to cast my display to an Xbox one. I had everything set up according to this guide But it didn't work because my phone didn't see the Xbox (worth noting that I'm on stock android) I did some reading online and read that stock android phones can't cast to anything except a chromecast. Is there an alternative way to cast my display without getting a chromecast?

    submitted by /u/sas088
    [link] [comments]

    Does Storage Space Effect Battery Life?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 12:26 PM PDT

    About a week ago, my phone's battery went down pretty fast, even if I barely touch it (from 100% to 0% in about 4-5 hours). I also checked my phone's storage space and saw that I had barely 4 gigs of storage left. I decided to by a 128gb micro SD just for the hell of it. I didn't think it would effect my battery life in any way. I just wanted more space for my phone.

    Now recently, my battery is able to hold a charge like it was new. I can fully charge the phone, and don't have to charge it for the rest of the day.

    I have no idea what I work like it was new again. I guess removing the battery from the phone removed some unnecessary amount of charge or something? I dunno.

    submitted by /u/DemonikFlame
    [link] [comments]

    Questions About Stolen Phone

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 10:04 PM PDT

    My phone was stolen from my truck today. Galaxy S7. I am new to cellphones, 100% landline unitl last NOV. Loving the S7. I should not have left on seat in truck and I also do not have a password. Lessons learned.

    A friend helped me a bit today, and I filed a police report.

    Went to google to try to locate - it says "can't reach device". I assume this is because the phone was turned off. It rings once and goes to voicemail. i never turn it off. Or maybe the SIM card was removed?

    I don't have much hope of getting the phone back, but I am concerned about someone accessing various things on the phone.

    So google can also Secure the Device or Erase the Device. But it can't do either of those things if it can't locate it.

    As I understand it, having tried to locate and having tried to secure it, these things will happen automatically as soon as the phone is turned on. I have not yet decided to erase it, but probably should - same thing - it can't do that until it is turned back on.

    So of course I have to get a new phone. I have one on the way from ebay and hope to have in a couple of days. I will then activate a new SIM card with my SAME phone number. So when I do that, the old SIM is automatically inactivated (I think).

    So then what? Can google no longer find or secure or erase it when it gets turned back on?

    That's my main question. Of course I would like to locate the phone, or at least lock it up, or even erase it. But once I have a new SIM card with the same number, is that no longer possible?

    I have some bitcoin in Cash app. I wonder what happens to that. And just concerned in general about someone accessing various accounts, not that I do banking on there, but just not sure what all someone could do.

    I guess the common thing would be to steal a phone, maybe wipe it, and take it to a pawn shop. So the police put the SN in a database, maybe it turns up someday. But I am more concerned just with someone accessing my stuff.

    I really need to be back up soon with my phone, so I pretty much have to activate a new SIM with the same phone number.

    submitted by /u/TLSOK
    [link] [comments]

    Quick way to turn "Mobile Data" and "Data Saver" on (and off) simultaneously? (Android 9, Galaxy Note 8)

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 09:45 PM PDT

    Pretty straightforward need, that's why I assume there's a way.

    When you're on mobile data instead of WiFi, you usually want to also turn background data use of via "Data Saver". And vice versa.

    Is there a way to tie these buttons together, so to speak? Main reason is I don't want to forget one with out the other either way.

    submitted by /u/king_of_the_universe
    [link] [comments]

    "Unable to Move" Photos?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 08:59 PM PDT

    I like to sort my photos into albums. I recently tried to do this and it said I was "Unable to Move" the photos. I currently use an external SD for storage and the album I'm trying to move the items to is on the external SD card, but this has never posed an issue before....any tips?

    submitted by /u/-misschanandlerbong
    [link] [comments]

    Note 9 Corrupt configuration data

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 07:32 PM PDT

    So, my girlfriends Note 9 decided to take a shit last night. The phone randomly shut off and now is stuck on the T-mobile carrier screen. I have done lots of soft resets using the power and volume down buttons, started the phone in recovery mode using the Bixby, power and volume down buttons, tried clearing cache partitions from the recover mode menu and starting in safe mode. Sometimes it will boot to the lock screen and will recognize her fingerprint, but once it prompts for the passcode, the screen does not work. After being on for a little while it will randomly reboot and has given us a screen that says there are corrupt files and wants us to clear app data. Our problem is we have a lot of pictures of our son since he was born that did not backup to google or anything and we really dont want to lose those. As of right now the phone is displaying the "Some configuration data may be corrupt" and have been trying to figure out ways to transfer the files to my computer, but my computer isnt recognizing the phone. I took it in to a local phone repair place and they gave me a number for Drive Savers who want 700-1900$ to extract the pictures which is not happening.. It is covered under warranty so we are going to get a new one as soon as we get the pictures (If we can). So some questions I have are:

    Will clearing app data clear our gallery?

    Is there a way to select which appdata to clear?

    I got Android Studio hoping that there is a work around but I am not sure where to even look. Thanks for the help in advance!

    submitted by /u/Scottage_Cheese_
    [link] [comments]

    Transfer help (Pixel 3 -> Pixel 3)

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 10:03 AM PDT

    Could use some help setting up a new Pixel 3. Moving things from an old Pixel 3 with a faulty usb-c. I did the "normal" transfer via cable no problem, but am noticing things are missing. WhatsApp and Signal messages didn't transfer, having trouble getting in to my work authenticator app, etc. Is there an advanced transfer process I'm missing?

    I'm sure this sort of thing has been asked before but didn't have luck with search. Links to relevant answers appreciated!

    ***

    Extras: I have both phones (both Pixel 3s). I have one sim card, currently in the new phone. There are a few days' worth of whatsapp/signal messages on the new phone I'd rather not lose if possible, but it may be worth getting the old messages over anyway if not. Android 9 on both. LMK if anything else would be relevant or helpful.

    submitted by /u/VioletMechanics
    [link] [comments]

    Gmail App doesn't show me new emails...

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 05:24 PM PDT

    Hi guys, my gmail app on Android doesn't notify me that I got new emails by itself. I have all the notifications turned on but when I get a new mail by app doesn't "refresh" the inbox itself I need to click on the app myself and open to it a few times to make new emails show.

    What can I do?

    submitted by /u/chocolatecakebat
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with DND automation

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 05:23 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a way to set a DND setting to my phone

    Easy:

    • If [10AM - 2PM] then [set DND on]

    • If [3PM - 7PM] then [set DND on]

    Hard:

    • If [Widget press] then [text #_______ "break"] and [toggle DND off for 15 minutes]

    • If [Widget press] then [text #_______ "lunch"] and [toggle DND off for 15 minutes]

    I have used the default built in DND timer for Android but issue is when I go to break. I forget to disable DND so I can message my SO when she messages me

    submitted by /u/Ashtonmore
    [link] [comments]

    A question about magisk root

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 07:45 AM PDT

    I have a galaxy S10. I want to root it with magisk, I can see that magisk can install OTA updates without having to flash the whole rom again, is that right?

    submitted by /u/MoveToLinux
    [link] [comments]

    ".com.android.systemui has stopped " i keep getting this error which stops me from using my tablette even after i formated it with recovery mode is there any solution?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 04:23 PM PDT

    Google Calendar Calendars

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 04:04 PM PDT

    I created a custom calendar for a certain type of event that I share with a friend on my computer and moved all those events from my calendar to that custom calendar. However, now I can't see these events on my calendar on my phone. How can I import the new calendar onto my Samsung S10 on top of my personal calendar?

    submitted by /u/chick3234
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 wont turn on, stuck on a downloading screen. mmc_read failed. Any suggestions?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 03:58 PM PDT

    My device automatically boots to a downloading screen with this info:

    Could not normal boot. ddI : mmc_read failed ODIN MODE (HIGH SPEED) PRODUCT NAME: SM-N910V CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official SYSTEM STATUS: Custom REACTIVATION LOCK: ON QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB) RP SWREV: S1, T2, R1, A2, P1 SECURE DOWNLOAD : ENABLE UDC START

    Downloading... Do not turn off target!!

    So yeah. It's been on this screen for hours now. No indication that it's actually doing anything.

    Sometimes it won't turn on at all, but when it does that's the info it shows. Haven't been able to actually get into the phone.

    submitted by /u/jeremyruihley
    [link] [comments]

    Did I brick my tablet?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 11:53 AM PDT

    Hi so, 4 years ago I got a samsung galaxy tab 4, and at the same year I rooted it, and someday it started with "downloading, do not turn off target", I searched on youtube and it said to download odin and a file, but it always FAIL!

    so what should I do? I did it 4/3 years ago, so I put the tablet away and forgot about it as it has died, but can I still recover it?

    submitted by /u/softpocari
    [link] [comments]

    Drive storage full of photos from iphone, how do I save them directly to my android phone

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 11:49 AM PDT

    At the moment all my photos are in the photos app on my android, but not saved on the actual device, I want them removed from drive but saved directly on my phone. Can't find how to do this anywhere, any help appreciated.

    submitted by /u/TroutGrub
    [link] [comments]

    I'm afraid I ruined my phone screen forever

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 03:02 PM PDT

    Guys, I had to do a thing using my phone (Honor Play) that required me to leave the screen on for several hours on the same image. Now when I have something dark on the screen I can still see in the back the image that was on for hours. Did I already ruin my screen forever? Please tell me something, it took me 2 whole days to have this phone completely set up and I'm panicking at the idea that I already ruined it. This wasn't even a concern on my old iPhone so it didn't even cross my mind that something like this could happen. Please, I'm about to start crying like a little baby, I don't even know what to put on Google to have some answers

    submitted by /u/FabulousStomach
    [link] [comments]

    Charging bug?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 08:32 AM PDT

    Just a quick question, has anyone else experienced a bug where your phone is plugged in and charging (evident in the charging light on) but the device itself says that it is not charging? The percentage battery still increases, it just doesn't state that it's charging. Is this a recent bug? My phone updated recently. Should I be concerned? Reboot hasn't solved it (Android version 9)

    submitted by /u/Visionette
    [link] [comments]

    Can android device connect without SIM?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 02:14 PM PDT

    I've noticed that every single CPU chip used in android device has SIM controller and connectivity ability. so I thought that if it had dummy SIM data written in somehow deep in chip, it can send data to chip maker secretly? and those chips are made in China.
    Is there anything stop them to do this?

    submitted by /u/mrsecurityhole
    [link] [comments]

    Storage is full but says only half is being used

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 02:08 PM PDT

    I'm trying to record some video, but my phone ways that there's no storage left. I check the storage report and it says I have 99% of storage used on a 64G phone, but the breakdown only shows 32 G being used. Though, in another report, it shows an 'other' item which accounts for the missing 32G. I've tried restarting the phone and no luck.

    Thanks in advance!!

    submitted by /u/Ablueblaze
    [link] [comments]

    Which rom should I get installed on the Motorola XT907

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 01:33 PM PDT

    Given choice to select a rom for my Motorola XT907. I don't know which way to go. What would be best? Is battery drain associated with certain roms ?

    submitted by /u/JustYogurt
    [link] [comments]

    Mcpe lagging on samsung galaxy s8+

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 01:00 PM PDT

    I am playing mcpe on samsung galaxy s8+ but the fps rate fluctuates frequently. I tried closing background apps and activating 4x msaa but it barely mattered I have the cracked 1.12 beta version. What should i do to make the game run better?

    submitted by /u/Pepeisontheleft
    [link] [comments]

    Blocking private callers?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 12:16 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel