• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, July 4, 2019

    Can't type the word "suck" on my Samsung S7, how to fix? Android Help

    Can't type the word "suck" on my Samsung S7, how to fix? Android Help


    Can't type the word "suck" on my Samsung S7, how to fix?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 08:14 AM PDT

    In hangouts in particular, I literally cannot send the word "suck". It doesn't matter if I swipe or tap it out, as soon as I press space it becomes "sick" or "duck". Pretty lame since it's not exactly a swear word and has many legit uses. I don't want to modify my dictionary for every banned word if avoidable.

    submitted by /u/Mastiff37
    [link] [comments]

    Google feed, at a glance not working

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 08:55 PM PDT

    Hey I'm using an Android one device(mia1), which has all new google updates and running on Android pie. All was waorking fine but yesterday I found my google feed and at a glance is not working. In discover it says "discover is disabled for your account contact domain administrator"

    As instructed I tried to contact my domain admin but I don't have one because I use my personal gmail account

    Need help to figure this out

    submitted by /u/Alucifer123
    [link] [comments]

    Zenfone 6: Audio from headphone jack is not stereo?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 08:14 PM PDT

    I have tried some youtube videos and BlackPlayer to check. Its same from both left and right. I have tried every headphones and earphones i have even the one provided in the box but its same. But stereo works on Bluetooth and the speakers. Can someone please check with their device. The mono setting in accessibility is disabled.

    submitted by /u/thepsych0
    [link] [comments]

    I'm unable to download updates to apps or new apps to my phone.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 05:39 PM PDT

    I have enough storage space on my phone, but when I download an app, it makes it to 100%, then keeps dow loading over 100%, and then restarts the download up to 3 times before it cancels the download.

    submitted by /u/DannyH04
    [link] [comments]

    4G Not Working w/ LineageOS?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 07:39 PM PDT

    Soooo, new to Android. Got my phone yesterday and put LOS on it via TWRP. No gapps. Using Moto X4.

    I'm not sure if I have 4G or not because at my house and when I went to dinner last night, my phone specifically was saying "3G," but I know on my iPhone, I'd 100% always have 4G at those places.

    I went into APN settings, but everything is greyed out and can't be edited. Not sure if I can use 4G or not or how to tell if I am on this phone.

    A guy named Frank, with StraightTalk live chat, told me that my device isn't 4G compatible....like, at all. Wth...?

    submitted by /u/Tuwb56wjazh
    [link] [comments]

    What is this "noPkg" program

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 07:28 PM PDT

    I've checked my battery usage today on my Oppo Reno and noticed a few "noPkg" program using a lot of battery today, but it didn't show up on yesterday's battery usage. I googled about it and there's no post regarding this on an Android device. https://ibb.co/3MtmW3D

    submitted by /u/SARlihint
    [link] [comments]

    Pocophone F1 not turning on after screen change

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 07:20 PM PDT

    Old screen broke, so i decided to change it, i have disassembled it before to the screen and put back together with no problem, this time did not work so well

    Although the screen itself does not turn on, the notification light can blink. When put to charge, it can blink a few times pretty fast, but thats that. Earlier when i held down the power button, it would blink about once a second. Same with power/volume-

    Also when i do put it to charge, it gets hot. The entire phone gets fairly hot, including the screen.

    There are no sounds/vibrations

    edit: i tried putting back the old screen to see if it worked, but it did not seem to work either

    submitted by /u/PlusLettuce
    [link] [comments]

    Is it Possible to root Note 9 Snapdragon?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 10:09 PM PDT

    Or somehow flash the firmware to make it rootable?

    submitted by /u/TheItalianDude96
    [link] [comments]

    A delay between audio and video while connected to Bluetooth!

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 09:47 PM PDT

    Hi All...

    I searched before posting this issue but I couldn't find any related topics maybe I used the wrong keyword.

    Anyhow, like it said in the title, I'm using oneplus 6, while connecting to my car stereo system, I can notice that there is a dealy between the audio and the video that is been steaming from my phone.

    Is there any way to fix that?

    Please advise

    submitted by /u/yasserdawood
    [link] [comments]

    App that tracks expenses using voice

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 05:26 PM PDT

    Trying to budget. But don't want to type everything in. Can budget with my voice?

    submitted by /u/b00dup
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to use Socks 5 for a specific app? Android Pie.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 05:09 PM PDT

    I'm looking to use a Socks5 proxy only for one specific app. What would be the easiest way to do this when it's not supported directly by the app, if it's even possible?

    submitted by /u/zekerman
    [link] [comments]

    If i removed apps from galaxy device using adb, can i still officially update it? Or will it break things?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 02:24 PM PDT

    Keep Flashlight on With Camera Open

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 04:25 PM PDT

    Using an HTC 10 and I would like to be able to essentially use the camera flash as a light source while focusing the picture and all. The default camera app and a replacement I now use both turn off the default flashlight as well as some flashlight app. Both a solution for the default app combination or an app that allows me to do this would be helpful

    submitted by /u/Lobuttomize
    [link] [comments]

    Should I reinstall the Android Q beta? Or wait for the next version?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 08:01 PM PDT

    My Pixel 3 XL has Android Q Beta 4 installed. For the most part it works fine. But the fully gestural navigation seems to never work. It's always laggy and there's a 1-2 second delay when switching apps or swiping up to go home. It's just unusable, which is disappointing because I really want to use it. Should I uninstall and reinstall the beta (yes, I know I'd have to reset my phone)? Or is it worth it to just wait it out until the next beta and hope for a fix?

    submitted by /u/ShMarkle87
    [link] [comments]

    Galaxy s7: “extend battery life” how do I disable this notification from appearing?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 04:02 PM PDT

    I clicked on the notificaiton to open the notification settings for the "settings" app but it wouldn't let me disable notifications for the app

    submitted by /u/computerstuffs
    [link] [comments]

    Selecting multiple entries in call log

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 03:38 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I've got an honor 9 lite and it appears that its impossible to multi select entries in the call log in EMUI. Are there any workarounds or alternative simple apps that have that functionality?

    submitted by /u/Jetblast787
    [link] [comments]

    Private DNS and VPN?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 09:20 AM PDT

    I'm trying to de-root my phone and the next step is to efficiently block ads. I've read that the Private DNS feature in Android 9 supports DNS-over-TLS, thus I'll be able to use a DNS service that blocks ads, securely.

    However, since I'm using ProtonVPN to get around the session logging that's happening in my country, the Private DNS feature doesn't work. I get the message "Couldn't connect" when I'm connected to the VPN. If I disconnect, it connects right away.

    Is there a way around this, or is this impossible?

    submitted by /u/notop20
    [link] [comments]

    Google Play Music

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 01:04 PM PDT

    Can't figure out how to downgrade from a family plan to an individual plan. Do I need to cancel my plan and resubscribe?

    submitted by /u/PM_me_ur_dookie
    [link] [comments]

    Nokia 8.1 won't shut off / stuck in fastboot

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 03:07 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    during the second to last day of my summer holiday (and without having backupped any of my pictures), my phone has decided to die on me. I think the error message included something like data corruption.

    It is a Nokia 8.1 and I have been keeping everything up to date.

    The following happened/I did the following:

    1) I was using it as a navigation device when it buzzed and shut off

    2) it restarted and was in recovery mode with two options i) try again ii) do a factory reset

    2a) I did i) for a couple of times and it didn't boot

    3) I shut it off by holding the power button

    4) After 1-2h with the phone I started the phone again

    5) It went again to recovery mode

    6) I did it again ( off / on ) and might have hit the volume switch while doing it

    7) Here the loop begins, I'm stuck in fastboot mode and whenever I hold the power button down to shut it off, it restarts again and is stuck in fast boot. There is a percentage sign in the top right corner and its decreasing in value (started 60% now 40%, could be the charge but i don't know)

    My question now is:

    What can I do?

    I really really really really really want to save my pictures on the phone by any means. I also still have warranty on the phone so that isn't an issue.

    Can I mount the phone somehow to my pc to get the data?

    Do I have to find a professional to extract it?

    In any case thank you very much for your help!

    submitted by /u/Not_A_Bandit_Bandit
    [link] [comments]

    One friend's texts coming from a different country code than I text them with.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 02:00 PM PDT

    So, for a while now whenever my friend texts me her texts come from an incorrect country code (044) with the same number afterward. To text her, I text her usual one (1), and cannot send messages to the one she texts me with. This has been occuring for a few months, and occasionally stops but will usually revert back within a day. Ideas?

    submitted by /u/Neotella
    [link] [comments]

    Should i upgrade to emui 9?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 01:58 PM PDT

    I just got the huawei y9 2019 and im thinking of upgrading to emui 9 but im scared that it will consume more ram and the gaming experience will be worse what should i do?

    submitted by /u/youssef99422
    [link] [comments]

    How does the Motorola Z from 2016 stand up in 2019?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 01:32 PM PDT

    I'm looking to save some bucks. I bought the Motorola Z (not the force version) when it was brand new in 2016, for £570. Pissed me off that the Carphone Warehouse slashed the price a few months later to around £420. I still got my modular speaker from back then. Nowadays, I'm looking for a new phone to last me until Christmas.

    My old phone is currently on Amazon for £130 in new condition. I'm thinking of getting it again, to win back the money I wasted on it before >> So overall I've averagely spent around £300 for each.

    However, it's now a three-year-old phone. How does/would it hold up in summer 2019? Am I better off buying a Samsung A10 or something? The Motorola Z was a flagship device, does that mean anything now?

    submitted by /u/WilliamHadleyyy
    [link] [comments]

    Best keyboard with auto-correction similar to iOS?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 04:58 PM PDT

    I've been on iOS for 12 years, and just last week I switched to Android (S10+). It's a great phone, but I haven't found a keyboard with decent auto-correction. I loved that iOS auto-correction worked on phrases and not just individual words.

    For example, I often type "o ly" and "key oard" which correctly get updated to "only" and "keyboard" on iOS, but on Android, only the last word seems to get corrected if at all.

    I've tried these keyboards:
    - Samsung Keyboard
    - Gboard
    - SwiftKey
    - Fleksy

    I've tried swiping/gliding on the different keyboards (since that would solve my problem), but I just can't get into it. I'm used to typing with two thumbs. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Raqem
    [link] [comments]

    Value of a Pixel vs Galaxy

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 01:08 PM PDT

    I'm curious, because I see Samsung repeatedly doing this, where they create this "top of the line" phone, which less than 6 months later drops by over a quarter of the original price. Then they push out another phone not long after that. Google's phones on the other hand tend to stay at their original price almost all the way until the next generation of phone comes out, and it gets a slight discount.

    In the long run, this would seem like it would make Pixels more expensive, right? Because the 3 right now is still $800, but it looks like I can get an S10 for $600 in some places. Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of a lot of design choices, like the curved screen and the "features" that I have to dig through my phone and disable (I got screwed once or twice missing meetings because Samsung auto snoozed my notifications), but it seems like the value isn't a bad option.

    I've been interested in the Pixel line for a while, and I'm a big fan of Google's other products, like their smart home devices, and I know the Pixel will integrate really well with this. I've also heard that their phones last significantly longer than Samsungs (my S7 made it 20 months and my S8 is starting to die now after just 12 months), and that would definitely make the price worth it to me, if I could get 2-3 or even 4 years out of it.

    I'm mostly curious, what makes the two phone developers take such different approaches?

    submitted by /u/Elarionus
    [link] [comments]

    Need help finding Android settings res folder

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 12:57 PM PDT

    I'm putting together a Tasker scene that has a number of app shortcuts in it. I've been using the stock APK icon pngs, but can't locate the icons seen on the left side of the main settings screen in Android 9 (apps, battery, display, sound...). I've looked in /system/priv-app, /system/app, and /data/app with no luck. Does anyone know where else I might look, or if I'm missing it somewhere in the above? Thanks

    submitted by /u/mehPhone
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel