• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, September 23, 2018

    Xiaomi r/Xiaomi Bi-Weekly Photography Thread

    Xiaomi r/Xiaomi Bi-Weekly Photography Thread


    r/Xiaomi Bi-Weekly Photography Thread

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 05:02 PM PDT

    Welcome to r/Xiaomi's Bi-Weekly Photography Thread!

    Please use this thread to share photos and videos taken with Xiaomi devices and discuss photography, including camera hardware and software (such as GCam ports). Photos and videos don't have to come from a Xiaomi phone, you can post anything taken with a Mi Ecosystem product, let it be a smartphone, drone or action camera. However, if you post something taken with a Xiaomi phone, please share your phone model, ROM, camera app and camera settings as well. In case of a GCam port, please also detail the app version.

    Media about Xiaomi products, like unboxing photos or video reviews, don't fall into the category of photography and should be submitted individually, outside of this thread.

    On Reddit Redesign, you can directly embed media in a comment but if you wouldn't like to rely on Reddit, you can use any other website, such as Imgur, Flickr or YouTube, just make sure to post a direct link to your content.

    The bi-weekly thread will be unstickied and replaced by a new thread every second Monday at midnight (UTC).

    Thanks for reading and happy sharing!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Poco F1 got unbelievable antutu score after miui10 update! 291k

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 04:50 AM PDT

    Buying Mi8 in china on vacation?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 09:36 PM PDT

    Hi friends!

    This is a noob question since I've never used a Chinese phone yet.

    I am currently in China on vacation for a few weeks and I am looking to buy the Mi8.

    Is there a way to buy the international version of Mi8 in mainland?

    I rather not wait to go back to Canada and then wait for a month of shipping time.

    If it's not possible, should I just buy the Chinese version on TMALL and then try flashing the international ROM? (I've never done any flashing before) The Chinese sites seem to give you a bunch of free gifts too.

    It looks relatively easy from YouTube videos. Once I flash it with the international ROM, will it continue to update by itself? Or do I need to a manual flash it each time? I am hoping it to be a one time pain if I buy it here.

    Sorry for all the questions! Thanks again!

    submitted by /u/Charizardxl
    [link] [comments]

    Please can someone make this wallpaper fit the Mi 8 notch?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 03:42 AM PDT

    GCam for Poco?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 11:37 AM PDT

    Are there any working GCam ports for Poco? If yes, please link. It has camera2api enabled by default so I guess it probably supports GCam without much tinkering.

    submitted by /u/TheGameOfClones
    [link] [comments]

    I just lost all activity data from August until now. Any chance I can find it again?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 09:55 PM PDT

    I have the Mi Band 2. I noticed when I got home tonight that my band wasn't connected to my phone. When I opened the app I was no longer signed in. After I sign in now, none of the rides I've recorded are in the activity history. Everything before August 1st is fine though. Is there anywhere I can find the data? I especially wanted the last 3 days.

    submitted by /u/RoxieSmarch
    [link] [comments]

    Does Mi A2 Lite have Gorilla Glass or some kind of scratch resistant glass?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 11:54 AM PDT

    Hi, does the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite use Corning Gorilla Glass? There are multiple sources that it does, and multiple sources that it doesn't.

    submitted by /u/kotfilon777
    [link] [comments]

    Google messages crashing on Redmi Note 4 for anyone else?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 09:29 PM PDT

    I've been constantly facing problems with Google messages crashing every 3-5 messages or so and the app not responding prompt popping up. Messages get delivered after a really long time after I send them.

    The native messaging app seems to work really well and really fast.

    submitted by /u/manand881
    [link] [comments]

    PROBLEMS ON MI A2?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 10:33 AM PDT

    I'm planning on buying a Mi A2 coming from an iPhone 6. I've been using iPhones for most of my life and it's my first time to plan on buying an Android phone. Going through reddit i've found that there are a lot of problems with the Mi A2 after a months use such as: • Heating Issues • Type C cables not working • Some apps work like shit • Software problems • Battery Drains

    Are these problems present in other global units of the Mi A2 or are they just very unlucky individuals?

    submitted by /u/2ez4DMG
    [link] [comments]

    Xiaomi Blackshark 4GLte problems in the U.S

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 08:05 PM PDT

    Hello does anyone else have a problem with their black shark phone connectivity for mobile data? i went to at&t to start a new phone plan with unlimited data and only for a couple hours i got 3g and then later there was no signal at all. i couldnt even connect to mobile data at home.

    submitted by /u/aimerguy123
    [link] [comments]

    Mi 8 - Canadian import duties?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 07:46 PM PDT

    I'm thinking of buying the Mi 8 from AliExpress (seen it for around $520 CAD) but I'm curious about how much I'd likely to be charged for import duties? I'm in Canada (Ontario), so is it just the standard 13% tax, or are there any other charges that could be incurred?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/1iam
    [link] [comments]

    Pocophone F1 or Mi 8

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 09:09 AM PDT

    Hi

    I'm going to buy either the F1 64gb or Mi 8 128gb, which should i buy? Is the ir face-unlock in the F1 the same as the Mi 8? And how much better is the AMOLED screen in the Mi 8? The price difference is just about 80$.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Thoumieux
    [link] [comments]

    Constant WiFi/Radio crashes on Mi 6

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 05:45 PM PDT

    Hi Guys,

    I was wondering if you've had experience this issue I've been having since day one with constant radio signal crashes. I'm on Mi6. My symptoms are:

    1. If I'm using WiFi over 5GHz frequency my radio constantly crashes (disconnects and reconnects) almost every few minutes. The crash frequency varies depending on OS I'm on, but I haven't found a stable OS yet.
    2. I get random crashes with radio signal regardless. WiFi gets disconnected and reconnected. Sometime it grinds to a halt and I have to reboot the phone to get my radio signal to work again.

    I've been on many official ROMs as well as custom ROMs and I haven't found a solution yet. However, I did find 1 custom ROM that was running fairly well and my radio signal wasn't crashing on a daily basis. Unfortunately, while I enjoyed the stability I did not enjoy the actual ROM so I had to roll back. I'm now on official MiUI Global 10.0 and the crashes are still going strong.

    I've spent days looking for an answer on the webs and I could only see 1 other person who's been having this issue, but his crashes weren't that bad compare to mine. I've also been reporting this crashes to Xiaomi (using feedback option on the phone) but of course nothing will come out of that!

    Have any of you guys seen/heard or experienced something like this? I don't think the issue is hardware related because I've been going for days without a crash when I was on a custom ROM. And a reboot usually fixes the issue until it happens again.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/jimmyc23
    [link] [comments]

    Mi Mix 2S (second-hand) or the Pocophone F1 (new)

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 05:27 PM PDT

    My current phone has reached the point that I have to replace it, and I'm the type of person that wants the most for his money, and I have around 250-300 euro to spend. A lot of searching has left me with two options:

    -The Pocophone F1 (64GB version). I can get it for around 280 euro at the moment, brand new from a reseller. The main advantage here is the (still limited) warranty and the expendable storage, and best bang-for-buck performance on the market.

    - Mi Mix 2S (64GB version). I have found a second hand Mi Mix 2s that is being sold with a broken screen (everything else is fine), for 190 euro. I'm fairly sure I have enough technical knowledge to replace the screen assembly, which would cost me about 50 euros and another 20 in tools (nice to have afterwards). coming to a total of 260 euro for a Mi Mix 2S, which seems like a steal. Main advantage would be the premium look and the OIS camera, performance seems about similar.

    Both have the bands I need, and I'm not using NFC/wireless charging for anything in the near future, so that functionality is not dealbreaker. Is there anything I should consider when comparing these two? What would you suggest that I pick in this situation? I really like the mi mix 2s, and for that price it seems really good, but it's such a shame that it has not SD-support. I feel that there is never a perfect Xiaomi phone, and they all have some trade-offs.

    Any input is welcome.

    submitted by /u/spacecatsz
    [link] [comments]

    Bad microphone quality (buzzing) on my redmi note 5

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 05:14 PM PDT

    I upgraded from redmi note 4 to redmi note 5 (whyred) a couple of days ago and I've been quite happy with the phone so far until now. I've noticed when taking video snaps or recording a video then the audio in the background makes a huge buzzing sound, even in a totally quiet environment, which never happened on my redmi note 4. I upgraded to MIUI 10 and haven't tested it with MIUI 9. It really bothers me, as I take pictures and videos often. Help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Helar123
    [link] [comments]

    I need a case for my mi A2

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 10:57 AM PDT

    So, I am really scared of something happening to this bulky camera and I am looking for a case that protects the camera entirely, I don't mind the phone getting bulkier. Can you recommend me one? Thank you very much

    submitted by /u/lenowar
    [link] [comments]

    I am planning to buy POCO F1. I had some doubts though

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 04:39 PM PDT

    1)Do newer unit still have screen bleeding issue?

    2)What up with Xiaomi claiming that the phone supports 4.0 quick charge but the website mentions it as 3.0 quick charge?

    submitted by /u/Wolvyank
    [link] [comments]

    Redmi Note 6 Pro Review: All Hail Quadcam

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 08:57 AM PDT

    Recommendation?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 12:32 PM PDT

    I need a recommendation about which Xiaomi to buy to my girlfriend with a budget of max 250-300 dlls, she loves selfies and photos, which Xiaomi is the best option? With best relation Quality-price?

    submitted by /u/pablodotjs
    [link] [comments]

    Can the Xiaomi Mi gaming laptop run Windows 7 or 8?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 11:50 AM PDT

    Just found out about Xiaomi today and it really caught my interest but I need to know if the XMGLaptop can run Windows 7 or 8 (preferably 8)

    Does anyone know or have experience?

    submitted by /u/WolfGangOFKTA
    [link] [comments]

    Quick charge 4.0 and splash resistance in Poco F1?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 07:50 AM PDT

    As stated by poco on its official twitter account, Poco F1 supports Quick Charge 4.0 and is also certified as splash proof device. If it's true, Poco F1 would be one of the first devices to support Quick Charge 4.0!

    submitted by /u/KaranpalSingh
    [link] [comments]

    Does MIUI 10 have any mirrorlink support?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 10:59 AM PDT

    I'd rather not root and go through specific versions of applications to mirror my phone to my car but I do have Mirrorlink on my car. Any idea if mirrorlink is doable with MIUI 10?

    submitted by /u/e-kul
    [link] [comments]

    Quick Charge support on Mi Max 3?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 07:08 AM PDT

    Difference between Global ROM and Global Version?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 05:36 AM PDT

    I'm looking to buy a Redmi Note 5, but unfortunately the 6gb doesn't have a global version. However, the 4gb global version that is available is barely cheaper than the 6gb Global ROM version. Is there any noticeable difference between them?

    Also, only some phones on AliExpress have 'supports OTA updates' on the cover. Is there any difference between phones that have this and phones that don't?

    submitted by /u/lolitsmax
    [link] [comments]

    Is 240€ a good price for a used Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 64GB?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 09:53 AM PDT

    Pretty much the title, thank you for your help

    submitted by /u/chico98
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel