• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, September 22, 2018

    Win10_BrightnessSlider - free open source tool puts a monitor brightness icon to on taskbar tray so you can access it with 1 click - targeting laptops. Windows Help

    Win10_BrightnessSlider - free open source tool puts a monitor brightness icon to on taskbar tray so you can access it with 1 click - targeting laptops. Windows Help


    Win10_BrightnessSlider - free open source tool puts a monitor brightness icon to on taskbar tray so you can access it with 1 click - targeting laptops.

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 12:28 PM PDT

    I Made 5 Tracks With The Windows 95 Startup Sound

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 12:34 AM PDT

    Should I nuke a new lenovo laptop and clean winstall W10?

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 03:05 PM PDT

    Honestly it runs like shit, dunno if its the bloatware, its a 320-15abr and it runs like garbage, dunno why.

    submitted by /u/Orc_
    [link] [comments]

    Pictures and Documents folders still defaulting to OneDrive in This PC, but are correct in Quick Access and Libraries. Error when trying to move.

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 05:12 PM PDT

    I have spent a lot of time trying to fix this, and no luck. When I re-installed Windows, I accidentally had the OneDrive option selected, but no big deal right, just fix it later? Wrong.

    I was able to move all the folders except Pictures and Documents. All the links are correct in Quick Access and Libraries, but the former doesn't have Music or Videos, and the latter doesn't have Desktop or Downloads. This PC is the only list that has all 6.

    Under This PC, the Pictures folder is named in a different language (my MS account used to be in that language, so it's not random), but Documents is not.

    I have unlinked and relinked OneDrive, and uninstalled both the program and app, and deleted the Users______\OneDrive folder and contents. Trying to use the Properties>Location tab to move the folder gives me

    Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied.

    Well I'm the admin so...why is Windows denying me access to anything that isn't a system folder? Are my only options to just deal with this crap or reinstall Windows again?

    submitted by /u/LXNDSHARK
    [link] [comments]

    How to get Apple's SF fonts on Windows ?

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 11:05 AM PDT

    I've seen this video of a man preseting the Apple's SF font on Microsoft Word, how did he managed to get it on Windows ?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgOne-I7oXU

    submitted by /u/rlf_93
    [link] [comments]

    Windows Keyboard settings

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 12:28 PM PDT

    I have recently changed my keybooard setting from: 'United States-International (QWERTY)' to 'US (QWERTY)'.

    Because I prefer to just press the 'quotation' keys just once instead of SHIFT + ".

    And realized I couldn't write letters with accents anymore, is there a different way of writing them in the US layout? Or is it simple not possible?

    Tried finding a solution but couldn't find any, so here I am. Hopefully this is the right sub for this.

    submitted by /u/FaZeMarijn
    [link] [comments]

    Error code 0x8007139f when Downloading Forza Horizon 4

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 07:38 AM PDT

    I have a slow internet so where I live there is no access to high speed internet.

    I have been trying to download Forza 7 and FH4 and when I get to a certain point of the download , I get this error which restarts the download and deletes all the downloaded files.

    What should I do to fix this?

    I hate Windows store with a passion , and I will never buy anything from them anymore until they fix their shit.

    submitted by /u/Cynical_Recluse
    [link] [comments]

    Random notifications on Windows 8.1

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 01:11 PM PDT

    I keep getting these weird random notification sounds. I tried muting System sounds etc, but that doesnt do anything, could it be my speakers?

    submitted by /u/RoryGaming_
    [link] [comments]

    Miracast not allowing me to connect to XiaoMi TV

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 06:50 AM PDT

    I have been searching long and hard for a solution to this problem as I previously used Miracast on almost a daily basis to mirror my screen from my laptop to my PC.

    I had a very old laptop that was able to connect to my TV with very little problems, I recently decided to buy a xiaomi gaming laptop, however to my dismay when I try to connect to my XiaoMi TV with miracast it will say it is connected and the screen on my TV will turn black as if it was about to mirror my pc screen but then just suddenly disconnects with no video or audio being displayed.

    I have been googling for the past few days for potential solutions but as of now I cannot find any which is why I am turning to r/windows

    my logic is that if my 5 year old laptop running windows 10 can connect to my TV, surely my new laptop can too?

    submitted by /u/mediumblock
    [link] [comments]

    Ryzen 7 2700u always in Turbo.

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 01:57 AM PDT

    Whenever my laptop is plugged in, I notice that the CPU always seems to be above 2.2GHz, which is the Turbo kicking in, even when I'm doing lighter workloads like Chrome and Video Player. I'm using the balanced power plan and always set the bar at the bottom to "energy saving" so I was hoping that that should've done the trick as it did on my old Laptop. I'm on a HP Elitebook 755 G5.

    submitted by /u/Dan6erbond
    [link] [comments]

    Store Documents and Desktop only locally and not in OneDrive

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 03:45 AM PDT

    So OneDrive has a maximum storage of 5GB and both my Desktop and Documents folder exceeded that limit. Because I didn't bother to exit/disable OneDrive, it tried to sync those folders and then told me that there is not enough space in my OneDrive account and all that cloud stuff kinda annoyed me, so I exited the OneDrive application, uninstalled it and then deleted the whole OneDrive folder, not knowing that Pictures, Dektop, Documents etc. were locally stored in there. So now I am sitting here without a Desktop folder - how do I create a new Desktop without OneDrive and how do I make sure that the Desktop folder is stored directly in the user directory and not in the OneDrive folder?

    submitted by /u/FunnyPocketBook
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know where I can still get a legit copy of Windows 7? Can’t seem to find too much online

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 09:37 AM PDT

    Laptop Battery Performance Change

    Posted: 21 Sep 2018 11:18 PM PDT

    So I have several computers, but the one I'm on now is favored for its long battery life. We're talking I could take it on a weekend away, have it sleeping in my bag, watch a movie on it, and not need to charge it until I got home. It has always quoted me 5+ hours remaining on full charge, and outlasted that with my settings to power saving at <50%. And then it updated a couple of weeks ago now (currently running Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134, update was 1803 KB4100347 and KB4457128). Now I'm lucky if it makes it 3 hours of light use (this particular device is only for web browsing and documents). Overall performance has also changed. Right now it's telling me that Chrome is using 76% of my memory and 68%-100% of my CPU (8GB and i5-6200U). Something's not right, right? Has anyone else experienced a negative change this Windows update?

    submitted by /u/superH3R01N3
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 HOME - Backup entire pc to external hard drive via the command prompt.

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 02:38 AM PDT

    Hey! I've acquired an external hard drive, and I'd like to back up my Windows 10 HOME to it, however, I want a batch file to do it, is it possible to backup the entire pc without using third party tools, and if not, what tools are able to do this?

    submitted by /u/Xydez
    [link] [comments]

    Cut and past in Windows

    Posted: 21 Sep 2018 09:40 PM PDT

    I'm restoring an old laptop, a ThinkPad T30 (2002), that has Windows XP Pro as operating system.

    I've noticed a strange thing: when I cut a file on the desktop, I can paste it only one time; when I cut a file in a ordinary folder, I can paste it multiple times.

    I'm curious to know why this happens...

    submitted by /u/gransignore
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel