• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, September 29, 2018

    Why there isn't a launcher which can sort apps by colour? Android Apps

    Why there isn't a launcher which can sort apps by colour? Android Apps


    Why there isn't a launcher which can sort apps by colour?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 02:56 AM PDT

    This can sound stupid at first, but I tried it and I found it extremely brilliant.

    When I unlock my smartphone I want it to launch an app (95% of the time), but it takes a little mental effort to find the app. I know this because sometimes I'm doing something else (e.g. talking) and it takes a bit more time to launch the app I want.

    A lot of people use a "positional remembering" of where an app is, but this is good if you have a few apps and if you never move them. The app drawers aren't good for positional remembering because usually they reorganize apps alphabetically. Some app drawers keep the position of an app, but they tend to stack up your new apps at the end.

    One great idea is to organize apps in folders and categories (e.g. Smart Launcher). This is a great way to rapidly find an app, but it keeps requiring a little mental effort to think about which category an app belongs to. I realized that sometimes I switch between all the categories looking just for the icon app that I want, because I don't want to think of the specific category or because my mind is busy thinking of something else.

    When I think of an app the first thing that comes into my mind is the icon. The colour and the shape of the icon. Sorting apps by colour takes the minimum mental effort. I already have in mind the icon and I don't have to find it in a big mess of apps, I can go straight to the color and then just look for the shape I want between a few apps.

    Example: I want to launch Google Keep. The first thing I think is of a yellow light bulb. I don't think to where it is. I don't think to at which category it can belong to. I don't think to where it is alphabetically speaking, I don't even care if it's called Google Keep or just Keep, and this obviously changes its alphabetical order.

    My question is: why popular launchers don't have a colour sorting? I mean, there are few launchers which sorts apps by colour (e.g. com.yandex.launcher), but they're not good as the most popular ones.

    You can give a look at how I organized my Nova Launcher with Glim icon pack. There are more apps in the app drawer, but I colour sorted the apps that I use more.

    https://youtu.be/dDaVyi98hN8

    Try it yourself!

    submitted by /u/Mirko1618
    [link] [comments]

    How force GoogleSearch to use Firefox instead of "Chrome" (Android 8, Nova Launcher, no root)

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 01:35 AM PDT

    ---------- EDIT: SOLUTION ----------

    Uninstall Chrome - I did it by using AndroidAssistant's uninstall feature.

    ----------------------------------------

    First off: I do have Firefox set as my default browser and it works fine for links and the like.

    What I'm looking for is a way to force the search results I get when I search for something via the GoogleSearch bar to open in Firefox instead of that weird in between thing. I don't even think it's Chrome, when you open the menu it even just says "powered by Chrome" on the bottom.

    Also I'm using Nova Launcher to have the GoogleSearch bar be located in the dock - if that is of any relevance.

    An alternative all together would apparently be the Firefox search widget, but that doesn't show up in the widget menu for some reason.

    Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/The-Big-Bukowski
    [link] [comments]

    [DEV] I made an audiovisual app called Just Retrowave, it's free and I'd appreciate some feedback.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 09:43 AM PDT

    Hi!

    Short backstory: I was working on a simple one touch mobile game when I came across an app called Just Rain. Inspired by that I modified my game to make a relaxing audiovisual retrowave app.

    The app features a few different options. Colours can be changed, clock and/or date can be added and a car can be added to the screen. The app also features a CRT shader emulating both scanlines and screen bulge. I've tested the app and it ran great when I used it as a desk clock for a few hours. But of course I'd appreciate some more feedback.

    The application was made using Corona SDK, is completely free (no ads) although there is a donate button if any one likes it enough to buy me a coffee. Link below:

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.squiden.justRetrowave

    submitted by /u/JSRF17
    [link] [comments]

    [DEV] Contact Tiles - contact photo generator

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 04:32 AM PDT

    Hello all!

    After few years and three main releases I'm presenting you newest version of my app.

    It's big update and I'm very satisfied how it came out - along with some new features I also managed to get UI right (I hope). It is now more user-friendly and intuitive to use.

    So what it's all about? If you have contacts without photos, they are presented with different icon in each app. They are often ugly and inconsistent across system. You also can add photos manually if that's your thing, but is tedious task and results not always are great (because for some people you may haven't photos at all).

    And that's where Contact Tiles comes in - it will create photos to all your contacts. Choose background color, pick avatar or letter initials an voula - now you have personalized, clean look of contacts everytime you open dialer, messaging app etc.

    There's quite few options to customize appearance of tile with built in palettes, fonts and avatars. And if that's not enough you can create your own color schemes, add fonts from sdcard or even use Google Fonts library from within app!

    Get it here Contact Tiles Plus

    or here Contact Tiles Free

    submitted by /u/shavn
    [link] [comments]

    I need an icon pack app having a lot of icons, pixel like, any suggestions?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 11:05 AM PDT

    Can someone recommend an app for text expansion?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 01:30 AM PDT

    All of the posts I can find on this sub are over a year old.

    submitted by /u/VisuelleData
    [link] [comments]

    Strange widget/app appeared...

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 05:47 AM PDT

    Widget screenshot

    Does anyone know what this app is? It just appeared on my Galaxy S7. Works just like the Edge app..

    submitted by /u/klock23s
    [link] [comments]

    How to enable dark theme shelf on OnePlus 3 launcher?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 07:01 AM PDT

    http://imgur.com/gallery/4YUgNbO

    Updated the OnePlus Launcher from Google Play, which said it has a dark theme.

    I searched through the settings and widgets, how do you make the shelf dark as advertised?

    Using OnePlus 3 non rooted Oreo, Oxygen OS 5.0.5

    submitted by /u/netad
    [link] [comments]

    Need to find APP

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 03:07 AM PDT

    So,one or two years ago i used an live wallpaper app,that added some raindrops over any wallpaper that i had and blurrines,acting like a window.. I remember it had settings to change the blurrines strength and i think the raindrops size/numbers.. Does anyone know any app like this ? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Teodorescuuu
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone with original Huawei watch here? Is it supposed to get the new Wear OS update?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 11:42 AM PDT

    Keyboard app that allows offset from bottom of screen?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 07:25 AM PDT

    I use substratum to hide my navigation bar completely, even when keyboard is open, but the keyboard is too close to the bottom of the screen. Is there any keyboard app that does like the iPhone x where it adds just a bit of space between the bottom of the keyboard and the bottom of the screen?

    submitted by /u/MajMin5
    [link] [comments]

    How to easily save a bunch of MMS pictures in High Quality ?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 11:04 AM PDT

    That's the question : How to save a lot of MMS pictures in High quality ?

    I've try "Save MMS" app but it is saving them in low quality... It seems that I need the Pro version to be able to save them in HD...

    With "Save MMS" photo size are like 50ko (low quality) but if I do it manually in Samsung Messages app, it is like 150ko wich is good.

    But seeing the number of MMS, I can't do it manually...

    What's the best way to do it ?

    Thanks !

    submitted by /u/MapleB0X
    [link] [comments]

    [Request] Apps that let me control my PC remotely

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 10:33 AM PDT

    For those times I'm extra lazy when I climb into bed and forget to shut it down, or for using my Phone as a general remote control etc.

    I've used team viewer mobile before but I was wondering what some other solutions may be.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Nav3taX
    [link] [comments]

    What useful android app should be made but doesn't exist yet

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 10:32 AM PDT

    I'm an android developer looking for new app ideas or improvements to make people's lives easier and make me some money at the same time.

    Thanks for your contributions in advance

    submitted by /u/kehinday
    [link] [comments]

    Remote App

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 10:10 AM PDT

    Hi, is there a app to control the tv and other devices using the phone?

    I prefer a application for all, not one for each.

    My phone doesn't have a ir blaster, how can I turn on my TV with my phone without a ir blaster, is it even possible?

    submitted by /u/schofts
    [link] [comments]

    what's the best way to send web pages and send files from PC to Android? and to get notification?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 08:14 AM PDT

    Microsoft Edge browser can't send web pages from PC to Mobile Phone.

    Opera on PC to Opera Touch on android do work to send web pages.

    can use Google Messages on the Web to get notification for SMS

    what's the best alternative?

    submitted by /u/umbrokhan
    [link] [comments]

    Location spoofing app?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 09:27 PM PDT

    Having Location turned on uses much too much battery, even under battery saving mode. Is there an app that will run in the background to spoof my location for apps requesting for it, that i can just turn on and off, that uses less battery than actually having to turn on my location?

    submitted by /u/fxdil
    [link] [comments]

    Sosin is a messaging app where you always edit your messages!

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 04:36 PM PDT

    Hey, reddit! Recently I published my first app made with Flutter and thought it would be a nice idea to share it around here too.

    Sosin (whisper in estonian) is a messaging app quite different from the others! Instead of having everything saved to a list of messages, you're always editing your own messages! It also has a "text-only Omegle" type of feature where you can find people waiting on channels based on common conversation topics.

    In previous versions, you could only send messages if both participants of a chat were online, and that changed to: you can send a message if your previous one was read. There's no "Typing..." indicator yet, nor voice messages, and any other features of the main messaging apps because, well, I did this all alone to learn a new framework and how to setup a serverless app with Firebase.

    How am I making money? For now, no money has entered the app's revenue, but the monetization is based on the fact that the previous message of the chat is the only history saved. If you already sent "Hey!", and then edited to "How are you?", "Hey!" will be kept until the next change and so on, and you can pay to unlock a chat permanently (for $1) so you can always see the previous message.

    So that's it! If you haven't clicked the link above, here's the Play Store link and also the App Store link if you're an iPhone lurker, but I also did a post around there!

    Thanks for reading and I hope you will be a frequent user!

    For the frequent questions, I'll edit this main post with the answers.

    submitted by /u/caneret
    [link] [comments]

    A decent free alternative to soild explorer

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 06:15 AM PDT

    Its just a couple of months old, but so far its good and free.

    Although the dark theme is missing And some more plugins to storage services.

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cxinventor.file.explorer

    Give it a try.

    submitted by /u/High24x7
    [link] [comments]

    Best Bible app?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 09:48 AM PDT

    I'm looking for a bible app, not worried about "Scriptures of the Day" or annoying notifications. Different translations and perhaps commentary on verses would be interesting. No ads would be nice too. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/CaptainPatterson
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a good Android app for offline turn by turn directions, but going across the United States?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 02:09 AM PDT

    I've done the drive from NY to the west coast, and it took me 4 days. I'm going to make the trek back, but I dont want to kill my data. Finding a hotel would be fine because I can use data for that, but would it screw up my trip directions? I've never used offline maps

    submitted by /u/limpingzombi
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a diary/journal app that supports media attachments and location, with better visualisation than just calendar entries. A "timeline" sort of visualisation would be ideal.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 05:41 AM PDT

    The big focus here is on visualisation of your entries. An information rich photo-album with in-app viewers for entries over time, and media files over time.

    Requirements:

    • not facebook

    • An entry consists of: Title, description, attachments, location, tags, date, time

    • Add/edit/remove text entries. Bonus points if the text entries can be formated or support markups

    • supports file attachments to each entry. Bonus points if media can be played in-app - i.e. view photo or video within the app itself

    • supports location - i.e. the user can add a location to the entry, in the form of GPS coordinates or address. Bonus points for location lookup

    • Bonus: 2 types of accounts, editor and viewer. So that the diary can be shared with a friend or family member.

    Visualisation

    • Allows entries to be listed: text + media thumbnails

    • Map visualisation: with search filters for date and tags

    • timeline visualisation: entry title and media, over time

    Use cases

    • Baby photo album - baby development tracker for parents and family

    • frequent traveller

    • industrial, commercial, property, asset inspector who needs to document places of things over a time and review them later

    submitted by /u/br-rand
    [link] [comments]

    An app that shows me the caller's Notes section when they call?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 01:41 PM PDT

    Fluid navigation gestures help

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 12:33 AM PDT

    Hi, can anyone say why quick dial is not working with fluid? Am I missing some permissions or something? I checked and it has the "phone" app permission. Thanks

    submitted by /u/KukametsaVello
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel