• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, September 29, 2018

    Laptops Should I get a Macbook or Windows Laptop for College?

    Laptops Should I get a Macbook or Windows Laptop for College?


    Should I get a Macbook or Windows Laptop for College?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 07:50 AM PDT

    I have a PC that I built and have been using Windows 7 for the past 3 years. It's my senior year of high school and I plan on majoring in either Computer Science or Software Engineering in college. If I get a windows laptop it will most likely come with Windows 10 and if I get an older Macbook it'll come with MacOs. What do you recommend?

    submitted by /u/king_nice7
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone help my esc key came off? I cant get it back on

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 11:53 AM PDT

    So, I need a good alterntive to the standard MacBook.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 07:25 AM PDT

    I've wanted a macbook for a long time now, but I've come to the conclusion that they're just too expensive for me. So I started to save up for a gaming PC for around $850. Now I'm halfway, and I realized something again. The only game I play is Overwatch, so do I need a gaming PC? No. I started to look at gaming laptops, and their aesthetics are way too aggresive for me. So I was wondering, are there any gaming capable alternatives for the standard MacBook that don't break the bank? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Casyn
    [link] [comments]

    What laptop should I get?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 10:08 AM PDT

    Ok so I know really little about computers, let alone about hardware and all the tech stuff.

    I don't think I will use any heavy programs or do long renders or anything like that, the stuff that I'll be using will mainly consist of poker softwares (like PokerStars), and Photoshop. Other than that I don't think much more.

    At the moment the things I am looking for in the laptop are: (I'm not looking for any brand or store in particular either)

    - it has to be of at least 15.6inch and HD

    - good battery power (at least 4 hours or so)

    - I don't want to spend more than 400 euros on it but I could go a bit higher (the least the better)

    - I want it to be white on the outside

    - that it runs the programs mentioned before with no problems at all

    So I've selected a few models that I liked, if possible I would like to hear your opions on these and how they compare to each other keeping in mind what I need the laptop to have/do. I've arranged them from the least to the most expensive, feel free to suggest other models that aren't on this list too! Big thanks!

    1. HP 15-bs521ns
    2. HP Notebook 15-bw040ns
    3. HP 15-DB0007NS
    4. HP 15-BW007NS

    submitted by /u/dullyag11
    [link] [comments]

    Matebook D 14 AMD vs Intel

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 01:45 PM PDT

    I been shopping around and really like what the Matebook D series from Huawei offers.

    I am wondering what you all think about these two models, do you think it is worth the extra $300 for the Intel variant?

    I chatted with a Huawei rep on their website and they confirmed the MX 150 gpu in the Intel variant is the low power model.

    So we are looking at around +50% gpu power compared to the Vega 8 gpu in the AMD laptop.

    The laptop primary purpose is not gaming but it would be nice to play WOW and some older titles if I wanted to.

    submitted by /u/BBizzmann
    [link] [comments]

    Aero 15X v8 and Dell S2716DG TN 27 a good match?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 07:00 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I will be using the Aero 15X as desktop replacement, so it will be stationary most of the time. As second monitor I was thinking of the Dell S2716DG TN 27, will it take full advantage of it? Has anyone experienced this combo?

    submitted by /u/Anoktear
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody using pen for input into Electronic Health Record? (Windows/iOS/Android)

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 12:57 PM PDT

    Wondering if anyone is using either a windows 2-in-one or iOS/Android tablet to input into an electronic health record? I'm setting up a therapist practice with an EHR like Simple Practice (though we're not finalized in that yet) and the therapists want to do pen input because sitting in your therapist session while they type is still not considered kosher, even though doctors do it in their sessions.

    So thus far, android and iOS tablets seem superior, as they have apps specific for this platforms, vs on windows where input is basically on the EHR website. But I haven't tried actually doing any pen input, which is why I'm asking if pen input works for anyone?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/blutoblutootulbotulb
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading from 2013 MBP to a PC -- Best Build Quality?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 12:48 PM PDT

    I really need to move from OSX to Windows for my office. This laptop is going to be used 90% for business, Adobe, Word, Chrome, etc.

    I value incredible build quality, which my MBP has. I want a screen between my MBP size and no larger than 15.x inches. The keyboard and trackpad is extremely important to me.

    I purchased a 2018 15" Razer with the 1070. It's fast, build quality is excellent, but the keyboard layout hurts my hands, shift key is terrible, and battery life is horrific.

    I have a few surface pro's at the office. I am not interested in those flimsy keyboards. I had an HP Spectre 13" at the office, it gave me a few too many issues.

    What should I do, bootcamp a MBP?

    Please give me options! Price is zero concern. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Costco_Law_Degree
    [link] [comments]

    Old Macbook or new Windows?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 08:21 AM PDT

    Guys need some advice. Is it worth to buy Macbook pro 13 2015 128sdd in mint condition for 900 USD? For web developing. Will it last me for at least 3 years? Or better to buy a new and much more powerful windows laptop (thinking about Lenovo yoga 730) and put Linux on it?

    submitted by /u/sanzhique
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop Warranty

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 12:07 PM PDT

    Hello Guys,

    I have recently bought Hp spectre x360 convertible laptop with configuration: 1TB SSD, 16 GB Ram, 8 Gb Graphics card.

    Is it worth buying the 3-year accidental warranty for my laptop? The cost of the warranty is $289 and I have a 125$ HP gift voucher.

    Any suggestion would be really appreciated.

    submitted by /u/kunalkanoi
    [link] [comments]

    Help me choose one of these boiz to get

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 10:57 AM PDT

    Hi! I'm a guy looking to do a few things on a semi decent computer. The products I'm looking at right now are listed below:

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-latitude-14-refurbished-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-black/6297017.p?skuId=6297017

    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-elitebook-14-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-pre-owned-black/6219243.p?skuId=6219243

    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-thinkpad-14-refurbished-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-black/5581198.p?skuId=5581198

    Which computers out of these would be good to choose? I'm looking for something that I could play games like Fortnite (I'm using it as a benchmark since that's one of the newer games that i'd be interested in playing so i feel like it'd be good as an example) on? I'd also be interested in looking at coding engines like Unity and Unreal on the computer. Thank you in advance!

    EDIT: Feel free to suggest computers too!

    submitted by /u/lammbert5
    [link] [comments]

    I'm getting the Acer Predator Triton 700, is the 120hz display going to be much worse than a 144hz?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 10:19 AM PDT

    Title says it all really. Getting the laptop soon...

    Also if there are any other laptops you think are better in a 2k-3k budget, feel free to lemme know

    submitted by /u/Hazzbro786
    [link] [comments]

    Old laptop's battery

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 08:50 AM PDT

    I found an old laptop from 2010 (an Asus K52F) but its battery is obviously dead.

    As the laptop still works fine for internet browsing or office work, I was wondering if I can do anything to "revive" its battery or if I have to buy a new one, if ASUS still has some.

    submitted by /u/fabiooh00
    [link] [comments]

    Remote Desktop conundrum

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 08:50 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I've had a bit of trouble finding the right laptop, as it seems like there is little demand and so no supply for the kind of thing I'm looking for.

    In short I want a cheap laptop that I can use to remote desktop into my more powerful computer, and watch movies and stream TV.

    So things I want to pay for are:

    -Full HD 15.6" screen or better

    -Good WiFi adapter

    -Lightweight

    -Decent battery life

    The desktop will be doing all the heavy lifting so I don't want to be forking out for things I won't use e.g:

    -Top of the line cpu

    -tons of storage space

    -graphics card

    The laptop would probably run xubuntu, and the desktop would be used for photoshop and possible CAD, maybe even trying out steam's remote desktop software

    All thoughts / laptop suggestions / links to posts I've embarrassingly missed are welcome, thank you, soup

    submitted by /u/thatsalotofsoup
    [link] [comments]

    Dell XPS 15 i7-8750H overheat?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 08:41 AM PDT

    Given all of the issues I've seen with MacBooks overheating, I am a little weary of buying a laptop with a 6 core CPU. Has anyone had issues with overheating on the Dell XPS 15 i7-8750H configuration? Dell customer support says I can't get the 4k touch screen without also having that processor. Personally, I'd be fine with a decent i5 processor but for some reason they don't offer that.

    submitted by /u/luigidallege
    [link] [comments]

    Burn in problem on Samsung Notebook 9 Always monitor

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 08:37 AM PDT

    Burn in problem on Samsung Notebook 9 Always monitor

    I have been using this notebook for a year now and this shows up recently. This is the 2017 edition. Can anyone tell me what is the problem of the monitor? The notebook has not been dropped or damaged. Is it the backlight problem? Those ghostings/ shadings are rectangular in shape.Thanks everyone.

    https://i.redd.it/kbaexek967p11.jpg

    https://i.redd.it/alga2dl967p11.jpg

    https://i.redd.it/iln2rfk967p11.jpg

    https://i.redd.it/03wjsgk967p11.jpg

    submitted by /u/BitterNight6
    [link] [comments]

    Current best laptop to be able to run Adobe Photoshop and play games?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 08:37 AM PDT

    I've been waiting too long to replace my mid-2010 MacBook that barely works anymore. New MacBooks are obviously expensive and I'd like to replace mine sooner than later. So, I'm leaning towards a Surface Pro instead. But I'm not computer-literate enough to know which specs I need, etc. I'd like to be able to run Adobe Photoshop, run games smoothly, and have a decent amount of storage. Do I need the Pro or is there a more affordable option for what I need? What specs would you suggest? Thanks so much for your input in advance.

    submitted by /u/sagittaarius
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop CPU temperature i5 8300h or i7 7700hq?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 12:59 AM PDT

    Im reading reviews of laptops where it seems that laptops with i5 8300h usually have higher temperature while gaming compered to laptops with i7 7700hq. Is this true and if it is why is this happening? Is higher temperature bad in the long run?

    submitted by /u/zfev
    [link] [comments]

    Ultrabook for graphic designer

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 07:56 AM PDT

    I'm planning to replace my asus n550jv it's been pretty solid with this laptop 12gb ram gtx850m i7 4th gen a great laptop during 2014 not to mention this laptop is pretty cheap and every penny was worth it, I've used this for editorial layout, illustration (Using Ai) some photo and video editing and recently 3d model and animation using C4D.

    This laptop is pretty much tested its worth but it's quite heavy for me not to mention the charger.

    I need an ultrabook that would do the same as this laptop. I mainly use adobe Ai,Ps and Pr and cinema 4d any suggestion? My price range would be $1000 - $1600.

    submitted by /u/Kemomac
    [link] [comments]

    The Razer blade pro hasn't been updated with the new 8th gen CPUs, but why?..and when do you think we'll see a refreshed blade pro?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 09:55 PM PDT

    When will we get ThinkPad 1x extreme reviews?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 06:11 AM PDT

    Been waiting for weeks, to decide wether to buy it or MacBook Pro..

    submitted by /u/MrIGM
    [link] [comments]

    laptop for university - lenovo 720s or 530s?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 04:05 AM PDT

    completely clueless here.

    they are about the same price in my country, and seem to have simillar specs.

    is there any consensus on which is better?

    i know that the 7xx series is the high-end one, but the 530 is newer..

    submitted by /u/BladesV
    [link] [comments]

    I updated my firmware, is that OK?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 02:25 AM PDT

    Noob question, I was just going through my new laptop removing unwanted programs, and finding updates for drivers, apps, and stuff.. Their was an update for the firmware? So I updated anyways.. Am I suppose to keep that up to date? It updated, flickered on and off, turned on and off a couple times, then restarted. I'm asking because it kinda scared me lol. I hope I didn't do anything wrong..

    submitted by /u/Crusty_Dick
    [link] [comments]

    HP Envy 13t with 4k RGBW Display. Are this dead pixels? These are evenly spread all across the screen and will shift or disappear depending on viewing angle.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 01:08 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel