• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, September 29, 2018

    Can't un/install programs on a dead drive. Tech Support

    Can't un/install programs on a dead drive. Tech Support


    Can't un/install programs on a dead drive.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 01:12 PM PDT

    I've tried scanning it and repairing it but the drive it dead and I can't uninstall programs that were on it. Every time I try to install the program it says it's already installed and every time I try to uninstall it says I don't have access to the drive. Drive unplugged and plugged in does the same thing.

    Specs:

    Windows 10

    i5

    multiple drives

    submitted by /u/CrysisBacon
    [link] [comments]

    PC constantly "Freezing" for extremely short durations.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 08:31 PM PDT

    So it seems my computer is having a strange issue of late.

    I first noticed it when I played a game; FFXIV. At certain points it got seriously choppy, but it was a day or two after patch, so I chalked it up to server overload or even DDOS attacks since that's happened several times before. But then I ran my oculus rift and games that were normally silky smooth were a little choppy at times too. Also I saw when my FFXIV game would be choppy in my other monitor facebook would give an error and ask to reload. Around this time I also noticed that I was making a LOT more typos than usual. At first I thought I was just fumbling, but then I was paying attention to my key presses and sure enough, it seems like my whole system, online or offline, is just locking up for split seconds. Not enough to disconnect me or crash, but just enough to skip keys and chop the absolute crap out of my games. Even as I type this I've had to correct typos several times. I've also since noticed audio both online and local will skip, almost like a cd skips in the old players.

    I admittedly don't know much about computer maintenance, about the only thing I do is use the disk cleanup option occasionally to keep the junk files down. So if anyone's got an idea, or even maybe a software recommendation to help clean things up if that's the issue would be very much appreciated.

    I've cleaned my memory and internet caches, I've ran diagnostics for my drives, and memtests, everything comes back totally clean. I've even tested my internet health even though it's happening on the local level as well. I just cleaned the crap out of my computer to see if that's what it was, and no dice.

    http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11061483 If that information is useful all.

    Temperatures and Utilization percentages while under load (Robo Recall via the Rift) pulled mid game hence the "current" number as well.

    Utilizations

    CPU: Current:36% Min:19% Max:49%

    Memory: Current:48% Min:45% Max:48%

    GPU: Current:59% Min:52% Max:73%

    Temperatures

    CPU: Current:55c Min:49c Max:64c

    GPU: Current:75c Min:72c Max:76c

    Edit: I should also note that I have not changed any hardware in months. The only thing that I could think has changed, is that I downloaded the patch file for FFXIV. However I really doubt that's the cause. GPU files are all up to date, and all my updates are done. The computer isn't acting slow at all, it's just like it decides to skip sometimes. My OS is located on an SSD that I have mirrored, and the bulk of my info is on an HDD.

    submitted by /u/Bedlight
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use Macrium Reflect to back up the drive that the same computer is working on?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 10:04 PM PDT

    Not sure that question makes any sense. What I want to do is use Macrium Reflect to image/backup/copy/duplicate the main drive of a computer. Can I run Macrium Reflect on the same drive that it is copying? Or does that not work?

    submitted by /u/thats_no_jackdaw
    [link] [comments]

    USB power surge on laptop...

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 08:02 PM PDT

    i just got a new dell 7567 and im having problems with the USB ports. when i connect my mouse directly after boot up nothing happens. the problem is when i disconnect the mouse and connect another usb device in its place. the device works fine but then when i reconnect my mouse (in the same port) it shows USB power surge message. yesterday my mouse wire melted after i; removed my working mouseconnected a pendriveremoved the pendrive>>connected my mouse.

    can anyone help me on this? is my new laptop malfunctioning?

    submitted by /u/fukin_weeb
    [link] [comments]

    Bad Trojan virus ( pretty desperate)

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 03:44 PM PDT

    Hello everyone. The other day I opened a file on my computer that was from a shady looking download site and what a surprise I got a virus. I have tried malware bytes, and it cleared over 1200 threats on my PC but still the problem persists. I'll try to explain the various viruses.

    1)Every time I am using a browser every 2-3 seconds it redirects me to a site called "technologieaubriye.com" or something like that, it basically just looks like a really dodgy yahoo that is rammed full of popups and more malware.

    2)Whenever I open my files they open through an application called "ChameleonFolder.exe" which no matter how many times I delete it it comes back or tells me it is running when it is closed. I tried task manager , taskkill, /del nothing would get rid of it in fact now it has stated saying access denied which is odd seeing as there is only on account on the PC which is an admin account.

    3)chromium was downloaded somehow.

    4) a PUP keeps creating all sorts of popups all with process names like AHFYENXI.exe

    5) despite me deleting the original Trojan file and about 80 copies of it that were in my program files it is still there somewhere.

    6) the virus appears to be able to hide in folders I can't access such as ProgramData and Temp files.

    7) I think the virus is excluding itself from the scans as malware bytes, hitman and rkill all are saying everything is fine despite it clearly not being fine.

    8) also it is possible the virus may somehow have created an admin account above mine so if anyone has any methods for me to break into my system and reassert myself as the only admin that would be greatly appreciated as well.

    Also if possible it would be greatly appreciated if someone found a cheap option seeing as I am a student and I'm not exactly raking it in right now. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/NetworkingNobody
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel