• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, September 30, 2018

    What's the best adblocker right now? Android Help

    What's the best adblocker right now? Android Help


    What's the best adblocker right now?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 03:25 PM PDT

    Title.

    submitted by /u/Lewis63
    [link] [comments]

    An app on my old phone is no longer available. How to transfer it to my new phone?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 07:19 AM PDT

    Can anyone point me to an info resource about this?

    I have a simple little app that I use often for work that didn't transfer automatically to my new phone. It no longer exists on the play store.

    submitted by /u/Culinarytracker
    [link] [comments]

    Cant install apps on Play Store or apk files after rooting Samsung Galaxy S7

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 08:42 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm new to rooting and I followed this guide https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-edge/how-to/easy-4-newbie-root-guide-sm-g930f-g935f-t3596558

    I have the G930F. Installing or updating apps always gives me error 936 or 907. I've already tried unmounting SD and deleting caches of Play Store, Play Services and Download Manager but it still doesnt work. Installing apps through apk mirrors also dont work, they just show error message "App not installed".

    I also noticed that sometimes a notification pops up with the Play Store updating over and over again. Any help appreciated.

    submitted by /u/WarninglSign
    [link] [comments]

    Best Touch-Wiz ROM for S5 ?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 10:19 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a Touch-Wiz based ROM as I want to use some Samsung features and apps that can't just be sideloaded due to proprietary drivers and such, not to mention the camera quality is sub-par on non-stock roms.

    Important: If there's one without GAPPS built in, it would be awesome.

    submitted by /u/Deranox
    [link] [comments]

    Taking a road trip soon to Banff soon and I want to take a time-lapse of the drive, what's the best app right now for this?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 06:25 PM PDT

    I tried Microsoft hyperlapse but I don't think it fits the bill

    submitted by /u/YoureSparePartsBud
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to get the favorites section to display in the same list format as contacts in google's "phone" app?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 10:08 PM PDT

    The favorites are formatted into these stupid blocks, reminds me of windows phone. I'd like to get it to display as a list format, just like the contacts list two tabs over.

    submitted by /u/jazir5
    [link] [comments]

    Xperia XZ premium - I have absolutly no option to move apps to SD card. Am I missing something?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 09:45 PM PDT

    No way to move them through settings. Going to Apps and opening a specific moveable app/game - no option to move it to the sd card, or anywhere, too. I tried using an app, for moving apps... No luck. It just opens up "Apps" on my phone, and opening a section of a moveable app I have and it tells me to press "Change" and then "Move to SD card" but there are NO options like that, or alike.

    Phone is not rooted (tried but stopped when it got too complicated and something didn't work out for me, and I didn't want to fuck something up).

    Am I missing something?

    submitted by /u/WhiteHaired_
    [link] [comments]

    Is my charger killing my batteries?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 05:52 PM PDT

    I'll explain.

    Last year I bought this charger Aukey PA-U35. As it says, it's a 30w 6A charger with 3 USB outputs(each 2.5A max). Since I have it I've use it with two phones at the same time(only nights), a ZUK Z2 and a Nexus 5. Last year I bought an iPhone 8 Plus and sent the Nexus 5 to retirement so I went from 2 android phones charging at the same time to one iPhone and the Zuk Z2.

    This year in june I noticed that my ZUK looked weird so I gave it a better look and discover a swollen battery. After looking some videos I removed the battery and deposited it in a safe place. I brought back the Nexus 5 from retirement and started using it and 3 months later the same problem, yesterday I found another swollen battery.

    One charger, two android phones, two swollen batteries and one iPhone, one using USB-C cable, another with a MicroUSB cable and the iphone phone with a wireless charger).

    One more thing. The use of my second phone(First the Nexus 5 then the ZUK Z2) is as an alarm and a multimedia controller for my Chromecast and Roku devices. With the ZUK Z2 I used to have it plug ALL THE TIME. My mistake, I know. With the Nexus 5 I changed that, I had it plug in the night and disconnected in the day, so I disconnected it at 6AM and plug it again at 11PM, always having like 50-60%.

    I don't know if is a coincidence that this thing happened with the same charger, for the ZUK Z2 I used this USB-C cable(BensonApproved) and a generic microUSB with the Nexus.

    I know that in the case of the Nexus 5 is old so it was a question of time, but I'm getting a little nervous that the same thing it'll happen with the iPhone.

    As a note this is the specs of the charger and the specs of the ZUK's official charger:

    Aukey PA-U35

    Model PA-U35

    Input: AC 100,240V 50/60 Hz, 0.8A Max

    Output: DC 5V 6A (each 2.4A Max)


    ZUK's official

    Input: AC 100,240V 50/60 Hz, 0.35A

    Output: DC 5.3V 2.5A

    submitted by /u/aldach
    [link] [comments]

    Android 6 and 7 intermittent Bluetooth disconnections

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 11:00 AM PDT

    Hello all. I have a problem with intermittent Bluetooth disconnections. I've been working on it but without any effect. Turning off the saving mode from all the Bluetooth applications didn't help at all. Do u have any other ideas? My phone is bluboo s1 on mtk

    submitted by /u/spayker
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus 5 bluetooth cant turn on

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 09:09 PM PDT

    I've had this problem for a week. Suddenly Bluetooth turned off and it wouldn't let me turn it back on. I've tried restarting the device countless times, tried updating, tried airplane mode, safe mode. I don't want to factory reset because I don't have a computer to sync it to as I'm in the military.

    I can't turn it on at all through the quick bar(the menu from swiping down) it gives feedback and shows that I've pressed the button but nothing happens.

    When I'm in the settings to turn it on, the switch goes over to blue and says on, but no Bluetooth devices show up. So it's off, but it just says it's on. Because when I go out of the settings app, and back in to check if it's still on, it's off.

    Any help? Running the latest update of whatever OnePlus software.

    submitted by /u/Karlsen9910
    [link] [comments]

    Pixle 1xl user thinking of switching to note 9. Need help choosing Android community.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 03:55 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I'm currently using a Pixel 1xl. I have been disappointed with the lack of features coming up with the pixel 3. I'm thinking of switching to Samsung Note 9 but I'm worried about what aspects of the Google integration I lose. I like having photos save directly to Google photo and not having to worry about storage maintenance. Also I'm a much bigger fan of the Google UI versus Samsung. I'm looking for help on a decision.

    submitted by /u/faroos_arsenal
    [link] [comments]

    How to limit my internet speed ?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 06:48 PM PDT

    I use 4G connection and i have max internet quota 1.5GB every day with unlimited speed. How i can limit this internet speed with app ? and what kind app is that ?

    submitted by /u/adeguntoro
    [link] [comments]

    How to display battery % at top without swiping down the notif bar? Don't wanna use a widget app (android one 8.1)

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 06:38 PM PDT

    Does anyone know?

    submitted by /u/taszatt
    [link] [comments]

    MMS messaging is impossible

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 06:19 PM PDT

    I've literally looked up EVERY guide on the internet, either I get to a dead end because apparently other motorola phones have that feature and mine doesn't despite it being literally the exact same brand, or I literally do the feature and it still doesn't work. Any actual help?

    Phone: Motorola g4 play Carrier: H2o Wireless

    I'm looking for group messaging in particular.

    submitted by /u/BareWatah
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a less than 5 watt charger I can use to "slow charge" my phone? If so, is it safe?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 06:10 PM PDT

    Currently charging my redmi note 5 pro with a 5w apple charger that came with my old iPhone 6, I was going to charge it using my computer to get it down to 2.5w, but with the stigma around plugging phones into PCs and stuff, is there a charging adapter that can replicate this or go even lower than 2.5w? And, like I said in the title, would this be safe?

    submitted by /u/forcefulinteraction
    [link] [comments]

    Android SMS Messages for Web: Can't Scan QR code

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 09:24 AM PDT

    It seems to scan the QR code very quicky and then says on my phone "Something went wrong. Try again in a few minutes" and never brings me to the messages interface on the computer.

    I'm on lineage OS (Android 8.1) with the latest updates. "Dark mode" doesn't seem to work either, if that matters. I tried clearing the cache on the phone's SMS app and even deleting the local data in the system settings. Different browsers on my computer, etc...

    submitted by /u/clon3man
    [link] [comments]

    Galaxy S7 - Recent Update, now I can't use my SD card in my phone.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 05:55 PM PDT

    Today I updated my Galaxy S7 to the most recent update, I had the update on my phone for awhile I just never wanted to update the phone because I hate these updates. Ultimately this was reasonable because I realized that this new update now prevents me from using my 64 gb sandisk sd card that I've had in it for years. The sd card does work when I plug it into my laptop, (though it does keep telling me to repair it) but still I can view all the pictures and data. I've also copied everything off of it and am buying a new sd card. But has anyone had this problem? because if I put the original 2gb sd card in the phone that works also.

    submitted by /u/theblondeginger
    [link] [comments]

    What's worse for a smartphone battery, more voltage or more current ?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 01:06 PM PDT

    What's worse for a smartphone battery, more voltage or more current ?

    So when reading and comparing different fast charging technologies (Huawei SuperCharge and USB-PD in my specific case) I noticed the different approach they take. Whereas SuperCharge puts out 22.5W at 5V/4.5A, USB-PD does put out 18W at 9V/2A.

    Now my device can use either of the techniques. Difference in charging speed because of the 4W difference aside, I asked myself which of the two is better.

    We all know heat is a huge enemy of the battery. So my question is, which does produce more heat and/or wear out the battery faster:

    Increased voltage or increased current?

    Maybe someone here can lay out as to why current or voltage should be the increased value and which one does affect the battery less and why, since you read a lot of controversial stuff online where one site says voltage is bad and one says current is bad so I'd like to have a good answer to that question.

    submitted by /u/Bl4ckCreep
    [link] [comments]

    Instagram on galaxy s8

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 10:53 AM PDT

    So my 60 year old mother in law is having "problems" with her Instagram on her Samsung s8. I've never had Instagram or a Samsung so I don't know if it's her phone or app that is misbehaving. Anyway apparently her Instagram used to scroll all by itself but for some reason it has stopped doing so and now she has to suffer the hardship of using her thumb to scroll. Does anybody know how to get it scrolling by its self as she will soon be exhausted from manually scrolling?

    submitted by /u/rawjaw
    [link] [comments]

    Chrome autofill password in search bar

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 05:56 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/mEC62z5.jpg I accidentally hit autofill in the hold down menu whilst in the search bar and can't figure out how to stop Chrome showing what's in the screenshot everytime I go to search something. Any help is much appreciated

    submitted by /u/Beeswaxinnotrelaxin
    [link] [comments]

    How exactly is a Blackberry android more secure than any other android device?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 01:24 AM PDT

    I am thinking about going back to Blackberry with the the Key2 because I'm nostalgic about them and the keyboard, and also a bit of a privacy zealot.

    I've done my research. I know about the lacklustre (read: bad) camera, even compared to its predecessor. I know about the weird aspect ratio of the screen making instagram stories etc display strangely, and the processor not being top of the line by any stretch.

    I don't care too much about any of that if it makes up for it in security, but the people I've seen review it on YouTube just seem a bit myopic in their approach, choosing to focus mostly on the bad camera. So, can any of you nice folk provide me with any insight into exactly what makes a blackberry android safer and more secure than any other android? That's still their key selling point still but I haven't been able to gather enough info to make a choice for myself.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/FinalGary
    [link] [comments]

    Huawei Y6 not playing left channel through speaker

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 03:40 PM PDT

    I've tried sound tests on YouTube and nothing for the left channel comes out of the single speaker. There are no stereo/balance options in the sounds or accessibility menus. It's running Android 6.0.

    Any thoughts as to how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/GoldmanT
    [link] [comments]

    Quick question about usb type c

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 03:33 PM PDT

    My phone is a Nokia 8. Is it possible to simply plug in a usbc to HDMI adapter and then plug this into my tv? Nokia 8 is indicated to have usb 3.1.

    submitted by /u/use_the_flux
    [link] [comments]

    How does the "frequently contacted" list work?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 02:13 AM PDT

    I've looked all over the internet for this but I haven't found out how this list is generated. The reasons this matters to me is because my girlfriend asked me to text her boss, so I went thru her contacts and I saw her ex was at the top of the list. We've been going out for about 8 months and she swears she hasn't talked to him since, but now I don't know what to believe.

    submitted by /u/Throwaway19twenty
    [link] [comments]

    Problems with bluetooth on Verizon LG V20 after Oreo update.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 03:11 PM PDT

    So ever since I updated to Oreo on my LG V20 I have an issue with bluetooth not working properly when wifi is disconnected. What normally happens is I get in my car and my phone connects to the car and I can start playing music. When I drive away and the wifi disconnects my phone switches to playing music through its own speaker. In the drop down menu it lets me reselect my car's stereo, but I don't wanna have to do this while driving. Turning off my wifi before it connects to my car prevents this from happening, but I don't want to have to do this every time since I mainly drive between my apartment and school and I want wifi on in both of those places. Any suggestions on how to stop this from happening?

    submitted by /u/JokklMaster
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel