• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, September 30, 2018

    The mystery of the six-digit area code. Tech Support

    The mystery of the six-digit area code. Tech Support


    The mystery of the six-digit area code.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 11:31 AM PDT

    Note: this story takes place in the USA. So one day a while ago, an older gentleman comes over to our tech desk with his laptop. He tells me the display cuts out occasionally. I check him in for a diagnosis, but as I'm entering his info into our system I notice something odd - his phone number is too long.

    I ask, (number has been changed)

    Me: "Is this correct? (555) 444-333-2222"

    Him: points to the 555 "Yep. That's the area code. It's my cell phone."

    Now, this is the local area code, but the second set of numbers is also an area code in this region. Suspecting a miscommunication, I ask for his number again, and he says it's 444-333-2222. I get him checked in, and after we finish the diagnosis and repair (display cable came loose) I call him and he picks up. I really do wonder why he used both area codes.

    Edit: spacing

    submitted by /u/LineageOSLover
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel