• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, September 30, 2018

    Samsung Been with Samsung for a long time! (also had a note 3)

    Samsung Been with Samsung for a long time! (also had a note 3)


    Been with Samsung for a long time! (also had a note 3)

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 02:19 PM PDT

    Got me some wireless earbuds

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 10:29 AM PDT

    Well that sucks. Took me a while to get there and it's slowly going to waste.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 06:28 AM PDT

    Software update problem

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 07:43 AM PDT

    Multiple times my S7 Edge seems to download and install the update successfully then when my phone starts up again I always get the message 'unable to download/install update, please visit your nearest service centre'. Unfortunately I'm unable to visit as it's too far away. I've tried a factory reset twice and no luck. The model number is SM-G935F and it's using Android version 7.0. Can anyone please help?

    Edit: Now it says 'error' halfway through installing

    submitted by /u/Quatezz
    [link] [comments]

    Whats the difference between Tab s2 8.0 and tab s2 8.0 VE Edition ?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 07:38 AM PDT

    Galaxy Watch question: is it possible to create a shortcut to get to Goodnight Mode, or alternatively a faster way?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 06:47 AM PDT

    Just seems like an excessive amount of moves to do every night and morning for such a smart device.

    submitted by /u/therazorstepping
    [link] [comments]

    Screen repair quandary

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 06:24 AM PDT

    I cracked my screen. Usual story, phone fell of conference table at work, yadda yadda.

    I went to have it repaired (at my cost) at ubreakifix. A Samsung authorized repair shop that uses Samsung components.

    They refused to fix my phone, because it had recorded being wet and plugged in. Now, I don't disagree that my phone has gotten wet, and I had tried to plug in the USB power cord to early probably.

    But, now apparently that makes my phone persona non grata and now I can't get it fixed in a timely fashion without resorting to the mall kiosk guy who does screens.

    Honestly, how am I supposed to get my phone fixed correctly?

    submitted by /u/DrBiochemistry
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone tried using the Sidesync app on 2 Samsung devices recently?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 05:12 AM PDT

    I've been able to successfully connect my Note 9 and my Galaxy Tab S4 using Sidesync. But when I try to control the phone and access the screen through the tablet it just says connection lost. I can do this via my MacBook Pro however. I know Sidesync is a dying (if not dead already) app but it would be nice to have this working between phone and tablet until maybe Samsung Flow catches up. I hope it's not just wishful thinking but am thinking it might be. I'm using what I believe is the latest version of Sidesync, which is version 4.7.8.2. on both devices.

    submitted by /u/diehardbattery
    [link] [comments]

    Just spent $1,000 on a 2 year old phone, Am I an idiot?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 10:23 PM PDT

    So here's the story, Around about January this year my dad gave me his old Galaxy S5 as he was upgrading to an S7 as part of his phone plan. The phone was great and I loved it but it had a few problems such as horrible battery life even after replacing the battery twice with genuine Samsung battery's, screen burn in at the top and the fact that it was extremely slow and almost unusable in 2018. A month or so ago I was sitting in a car park using the phone as I normally do and I had just got a proper S View case the week before which was great but it was very difficult to hold in one hand (you see where this is going...) I was literally sitting on the ground and the phone fell literally maybe 10 centimeters screen first onto the ground and landed on some tiny rocks. As there was nothing protecting it, the screen got a small curved crack in the bottom portion of the display, I didn't even notice it at first then I tried brushing it off thinking it was a hair or something. So I had "dropped" my first phone and it was all because of the case, I have never dropped a phone before in other cases and regretted not buying one of the $1 screen protector's being sold at my work.

    Anyway fast forward maybe a month later, I had a bunch of money coming in from a second job I started and decided I might as well just pull the trigger and get a new phone. I bought a brand new Galaxy S7 Edge off of Ebay for $421 Au thinking that if I got a cheaper older model I would have some spare money to get one of the new Galaxy Watches or something. I had to get a new sim card sent out as my old one wouldn't fit but I absolutely loved the phone, the curved edge is brilliant, the battery life was incredible and the camera was perfect...... until I bricked it. You see I didn't realize that I was buying an international model of the phone and that it had the wrong firmware which would not update to Android 8.0 Oreo, I spoke to Samsung and they said it was because the model I bought was from Telstra and had been previously unlocked and could no longer connect to the update server for some weird reason. I was instructed to travel a 1 hour drive away to my nearest Samsung Store to get it updated.

    Of course I didn't do that and tried to update it myself using odin and a stock firmware thinking it would be simple... it wasn't, the firmware transfer failed and essentially bricked the phone. I kept trying with older firmware's through the recovery screen and none of them worked, I looked it up on youtube and they claimed to have a simple solution by downloading some recovery file and flashing it over and guess what I tripped the freaking KNOX. I was so mad with myself at this point and was just regretting it constantly, I eventually got the phone semi-usable again (I believe it wasn't working because of an AMD incompatibility) and I hated it. No Samsung Pay, no S Health, no secret mode in Samsung Internet, it was a mess not to mention I couldn't even use it as a phone as it wouldn't ever get reception indoors. So I made up some stories and eventually got my money back from the Ebay guy, I was unsure what to do at this point as I loved that phone.

    So I called around and managed to find the 3 last Unlocked Galaxy S7 Edge devices available New in Australia as an actual Australian model (none of that international crap). There were 2 pink ones available and one black one for $200 more, of course I had to have the black one and I finally got the price which was $1049 Au for a phone released 2 years ago! they were selling S8's for $749 and the S9 was about $1100. I hated the design of the S8 and S9, they lack physical navigation buttons, a fingerprint sensor on the front and they don't look very comfortable to use either, I did have a play with one in the store and although I couldn't really hold it because of the stupid security things on the back I did not find it as comfortable to use as the S7 Edge. So there I was deciding between the phone I wanted and the phone that I "should" be wanting, 30 minutes passed and I made my decision and just bought a brand new Unlocked Galaxy S7 Edge 32GB for $1049 Au.

    Am I an idiot?

    submitted by /u/CForChrisProooo
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else run into this on their Note 9?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 12:17 PM PDT

    I've got a problem...

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 03:09 AM PDT

    After an update feom at&t yesterday night, sept 28th, I woke up and went to watch a video on my phone.The video hung and an amber alert-like soound blared through the speakers for 10ish seconds. The phone restarted and my message widget was gone.

    I thought that was weird and checked the app. The interface used to be this orange pale color and now its blue...

    And some of the functionalities are gone like scheduling and being able to use it as a god damned widget. What happened? Was it the update? How do I change it back?

    It hasn't been dropped in water or involved in any major drops, heck it's a refurb from asurion I got a few months ago.

    submitted by /u/Originalshyster
    [link] [comments]

    adhell 3 and OS upgrades

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 01:59 AM PDT

    Theoretical question - if I upgrade the phone OS, do I have to re-install adhell 3? Should I uninstall it first?

    Does it matter if its a minor (e.g. security) or major (e.g. Oreo --> P) upgrade?

    FWIW I'm referring to s9+ stock

    submitted by /u/wintermute000
    [link] [comments]

    Now don't get me wrong. I love Samsung but...

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 03:11 AM PDT

    I've been with Samsung since the S4. I would get an iPhone. They look pretty nice. And I think Samsung is about on the same level. But, I feel like if you have a Samsung phone, people kind of look down on you. Like you're a nerd, you know? At the same time, Apple keeps taking out stuff like the headphone jack, fingerprint sensor, making warranties more expensive, etc. Just taking a step back. Idk I just can't decide between a Note 9 or an iPhone XS or XS Max or whatever.

    Please don't downvote, what do you guys think? I would post to r/Apple too but it says my account is too young lol rip. I deleted my old one cuz irl people found it

    submitted by /u/BiggieCheeseSteak
    [link] [comments]

    What's the price of a S9 screen cost? I mean the screen repair part.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 10:21 PM PDT

    Note 9 Gifs from Video is all black???

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 10:13 PM PDT

    Whether it's a Youtube video, YouTube TV, or Netflix - doesn't matter, all animations I record with the s pen end up as solid black boxes. It's driving me CRAZY!!!!!! It was part of the reason I wanted this phone. I'm watching tutorials from Samsung on YouTube showing me you can do it, but my phone won't. Is there a permission somewhere that is deactivated I need to hit? I can't find anything anywhere. I'd really appreciate any help from you all.

    submitted by /u/localfruit
    [link] [comments]

    I need feedback on the Galaxy S8 :)

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 06:26 PM PDT

    I'm looking into buying a new phone, doesn't need to do anything nifty, don't care about cameras, just want it to be quick and have a good battery because I app-multitask a lot through a day. Needs to have some longevity too (not drop in performance within a year, I remember Apple being accused of that), had my HTC M9 since March 2015 and it's been a gun, but it's battery is pretty crappy now.

    I was looking at the OnePlus because value for money but it can't be bought properly in Australia so I was instead looking at an S8 because they're on sale for $689-$777AUD right now which is similar pricing to the OnePlus. I would love to hear feedback on the phone, the specs look pretty great for that price, and I'm not going to pay double that for an S9, no way.

    My only hesitation is it's a year old so it might be just worth getting a 2018 phone of similar pricing for the concerns I mentioned (which would be an Oppo or Huawei). Thank you for any help!!

    submitted by /u/ObligatoryNameee
    [link] [comments]

    Why side ports on a flagship would be beneficial!

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 01:52 AM PDT

    Preferred on the right side of phone with usb c being in the center and 3.5jack to the left or right of it, with this the weight of the phone wont matter, and this provides a better landscape and portrait experience, all buttons located on the opposite side. And to balance out weight, and H, U , I etc. shaped battery. this would also make the phone easier to hold even for left hand. 100% all users that are in portrait mode have their hand close to a surface causing the wire to bend easy theory just think from brain pls, its better usablility, its current state is normal now for charging vertical in pocket but not commonly used like that. Just a thought, not a huge issue at the moment. also a fixed aspect ratio for video that doesnt require zoom to fill would be amazing, stretch to the perfect size that fits entire screen and doesnt look stretched but normal, has been found already and looks way better than zoom to fill for current aspect ratios.this is definately a main issue that shouldve been worked on before release of s8 or even worked on for s9+/note9.

    submitted by /u/usarivenop
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung IconX worth it? Or cheaper wireless earbud alternatives...

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 09:53 PM PDT

    Thinking about getting the Samsung IconX true wireless earbuds, but the reviews aren't glowing. I have an S8+, so the synergistic tech appeals, but I'm not sure if I'd be better off with a cheaper pair. Main features that interest me are Voice Focus, music storage, touch controls, and voice assistant control. Mostly using for music or games on my phone.
    Anyone have any recommendations whether they think the IconX are worth it, or have cheaper alternatives? I was looking at the BlueAnt Pump Air earbuds, which look good. The Sony H.Ear In earbuds are on sale atm, but I was hanging for true wireless, so I'm unsure.
    Shoot me your thoughts at me and aim for the heart.

    submitted by /u/ThePoetPyronius
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to turn off or get around auto-proportion when cropping a photo? (Galaxy J7)

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 09:49 PM PDT

    I don't know what it's called, but it's a part of cropping photos where the cropped edges snap into a proportion, like 1:1 or 16:9. It's kind of annoying but I don't know how to fix it.

    I use a Samsung Galaxy J7 2016 and run the latest version of Android.

    submitted by /u/FunnyOcelot
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know how to disable noise isolation on s9+

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 08:45 PM PDT

    I need to hear everyone in a conference call and the voices at the back are fighting the suppression making it sound like its cutting out. There are other ways to do the calls I know, but I want to know specifically for phone calls. Any ideas ? I've searched settings and couldn't find it

    submitted by /u/KeeganWilson
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone annoyed with auto correct on Note 8?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 08:03 PM PDT

    Seems my auto correct was pretty normal forever until I updated it last. Now it never auto core ts my messages, as if anything i frequently typed in the past year just disappeared. It's very annoying, I find myself mistyping too much lately, and it also correcting types words to misspelled words. For instance, it tried to change the word "mistyping" in my last sentence 3 times to a word that doesnt even exist. Rediculous

    submitted by /u/CapnCanfield
    [link] [comments]

    How Long does Samsung Batteries Degrade Overtime?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 10:07 AM PDT

    I've find that the apps on the Google Play store are no where near accurate, how long can they last? I hear that after 2 years they retain about 95% of their capacity with their newer phones after their Note 7 fiasco, but I don't know if that's true.

    I have an S9+ that's on Verizon, if that matters.

    submitted by /u/BrandonLuvsLyfe
    [link] [comments]

    There's not a huge difference between the Speed of Exynos 7885 Galaxy A7 vs Galaxy S9+ Exynos 9810

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 07:40 PM PDT

    Samsung experience 10

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 01:19 PM PDT

    Is samsung experience 10 coming to galaxy s8?

    submitted by /u/Mateic123
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel