• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, September 30, 2018

    Simple Questions - September 30, 2018

    Simple Questions - September 30, 2018


    Simple Questions - September 30, 2018

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 05:14 AM PDT

    This thread is for simple questions that don't warrant their own thread (although we strongly suggest checking the sidebar and the wiki before posting!). Please don't post involved questions that are better suited to a [Build Help], [Build Ready] or [Build Complete] post. Examples of questions:

    • Is this RAM compatible with my motherboard?
    • I'm thinking of getting a GTX 1070. Which one should I get?
    • I'm on a very tight budget and I'm looking for a case < $50

    Remember that Discord is great places to ask quick questions as well: http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/wiki/livechat

    Important: Downvotes are strongly discouraged in this thread. Sorting by new is strongly encouraged.

    Have a question about the subreddit or otherwise for /r/buildapc mods? We welcome your mod mail!

    Looking for all the Simple Questions threads? Want an easy way to locate today's thread? This link is now in the sidebar below the yellow Rules section.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Are gaming chairs worth it or are they gimmicky?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 02:20 AM PDT

    It seems like the common opinion is that chairs like dxracer are comfortable but don't last long. I've been playing video games in a dining chair and my back starts to have minor pain if I sit for long sessions (I know a dining chair is horrible). I now have money to go all out and buy a great chair. Are racing chairs worth and it good for my back? There are also a ton of people who claim office chairs for lower price will be the same quality. I've been looking at the Dxracer formula series (I'm 5'4" and 140lbs). Are they worth the price or no? I don't want to end up with a ripped chair in a few months and unable to get a replacement due to warranty only covering the frame.

    Edit: forgot to mention I sit legs crossed all the time, literally all the time. I'm also looking for chairs that I can do that and armrests won't be in the way.

    Edit: A lot of people are recommending Herman Miller and Steelcase. Those do look very comfortable but the prices are like 3 dxracers. I'm a broke college kid and $300 is my max price. Any suggestions at $300 or less? Some steel cases are $400 but that's still too much regardless if it's worth the extra money, money I don't have.

    submitted by /u/ToyMachine471
    [link] [comments]

    8 years I've waited - The Totally Unnecessarily Powerful Gaming Build Of My Dreams™ - Please critique!

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 09:48 AM PDT

    8 years ago I was 20 years old. I would drool over the builds I saw in this sub and always draw up my dream build on Newegg, never to pull the trigger. I am financially conservative (any /r/financialindependence people here?) and for the longest time I never really had the disposable income to justify a gaming build of any kind. I had my laptop for work and I would always make due.

    Fast forward to today - I am now finally making good money in software engineering with plenty of money saved, and I am finally ready to go all-out and splurge on The Totally Unnecessarily Powerful Gaming Build Of My Dreams™. I have deprived myself of good PC gaming experiences for so long (laptop gaming, GeForce NOW, etc), so I want to really treat myself with this build considering I pretty much never buy myself anything nice. I want top (or near top) of the line components in this bad-boy, even if it's overkill.

    I will admit that life has happened and therefore I am not as up-to-date on hardware these days, so I'd like to get the expert opinions of you all. Any incompatibilities here? Will the liquid CPU cooler work with the case I've chosen? Will the GPU fit alright? All feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance, you're all awesome.

    Main concerns:

    1. Not splurging enough on the MOBO - limited OCing abilities. Suggestions for alternatives?

    2. Ability to fit GPU in case

    3. Ability to fit CPU liquid cooler in case

    4. Should I downsize my PSU?

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Type Item Price
    CPU Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor $399.99 @ Amazon
    CPU Cooler Fractal Design - Celsius S24 87.6 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $104.42 @ Amazon
    Motherboard ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $158.98 @ Newegg
    Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $134.99 @ Newegg
    Storage Crucial - MX500 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $89.85 @ OutletPC
    Storage Seagate - FireCuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive $95.78 @ Amazon
    Video Card Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 8GB GAMING OC Video Card $829.99 @ Newegg
    Case Fractal Design - Define R6 Black TG ATX Mid Tower Case $109.99 @ Newegg Business
    Power Supply Corsair - RMx (2018) 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $70.00 @ Newegg
    Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $94.89 @ OutletPC
    Monitor Dell - S2716DGR 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor $482.43 @ Amazon
    Keyboard Razer - Cynosa Chroma Wired Gaming Keyboard $56.99 @ Amazon
    Mouse Mionix - NAOS 7000 Wired Optical Mouse $44.26 @ Amazon
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total (before mail-in rebates) $2712.56
    Mail-in rebates -$40.00
    Total $2672.56
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-30 15:16 EDT-0400

    EDIT: Updated given first wave of feedback.

    EDIT2: Updated given second wave of feedback.

    EDIT3: Updated 1080ti to 2080. TREAT YO SELF 2018.

    submitted by /u/EvenHovercraft
    [link] [comments]

    With your help I’ve built my first PC!

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 04:50 AM PDT

    I've not posted much here if any at all but just being able to go through all the different threads, reading what everyone has said, and great articles linked has allowed me to piece this thing together.

    Thank you for all of your outlooks, opinions, and banter. Without them this build would have never taken place.

    Also want to shout out to /r/buildapcsales to for allowing me to come in under budget!

    Edit: Specs included

    CPU: Intel i5 8600k / Mobo: Asus Prime Z370 A / GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW2 / Cooler: Corsair H110i / PSU: EVGA 650 G3 80+ Gold / Ram: 4x4gb Hyper X 2400 cl15 / SSD: Crucial MX 500gb / HDD: Seagate Firecuda 2TB / Case: Fractal Meshify C

    https://imgur.com/gallery/3JX106y

    submitted by /u/dannyb311
    [link] [comments]

    [Build Complete] First PC Built! GeForce 1080 Ti + Ryzen 2700x

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 11:53 AM PDT

    I finally built my first PC and wanted to share its specifications, performance, build remarks, and answer any questions you guys might have. My budget was up to $2000 to build a computer primarily for video editing and gaming. I wanted to build a PC to optimize value and to get a better understanding of how the physical parts come together. After about two weeks of looking online for parts and their prices, I ordered them after seeing a CPU and MOBO sale at my local Micro Center (Online). Fortunately, I had no major issues assembling and powering up my computer. Overall, it was truly an eye-opening experience to see how all the parts fit together and gave me a lot more confidence and control when working with computers, e.g. CPU and GPU temperatures, fan direction, accessibility to upgrade and replace parts.

    Picture: https://imgur.com/a/cPtHRSM

    Specifications

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Type Item Price
    CPU AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz 8-Core Processor $318.89 @ OutletPC
    Motherboard Asus - Prime X470-Pro ATX AM4 Motherboard $158.93 @ OutletPC
    Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $139.89 @ OutletPC
    Storage Crucial - MX500 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive $159.89 @ OutletPC
    Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $58.49 @ OutletPC
    Video Card MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB DUKE OC Video Card $684.98 @ Newegg
    Case NZXT - H500 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $69.99 @ Amazon
    Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $69.89 @ OutletPC
    Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $94.89 @ OutletPC
    Case Fan Noctua - NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan $24.90 @ Amazon
    Case Fan Noctua - NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan $24.90 @ Amazon
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total (before mail-in rebates) $1855.64
    Mail-in rebates -$50.00
    Total $1805.64
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-30 14:55 EDT-0400

    *I bought the graphics card on Ebay, used, for $530

    *I bought the CPU and Motherboard together for $400 at my local Micro Center

    Performance (No overclocking)

    Here is a benchmark of my computer from userbenchmark.com

    http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11161089 --> updated benchmark after overclocking RAM to 3200 MHz http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11177258)

    Experience and Tips

    • The biggest help and guidance for me when building this PC was watching a YouTube PC tutorial video by BitWit (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhX0fOUYd8Q) and reading the motherboard manual

    • I did not use a magnetic screw driver; however, I would recommend one, especially when screwing in the bolts to connect the motherboard to the case. It's not necessary, but it would have been very convenient to use

    • My GPU sagged, so I bought a GPU holder (https://www.amazon.com/upHere-Graphics-Anodized-Aerospace-Aluminum/dp/B079HSVSLR/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1538331076&sr=1-6&keywords=gpu+holder) to support the sagging end. It ran fine without the GPU holder, but I am neurotic and wanted to reduce the stress on the PCI Express slot and expansion bay bolts

    • For cable management, I used common sense and help of my case's cable management paths to find the shortest route to connect cords to either my motherboard or PSU without making it look too messy. I did not keep the transparent side of my case too clean, as you can tell from the cords in the picture, and just wanted to make sure cords were positioned to reduce any stress on the motherboard that may be caused by the cord's orientation

    • Installed two intake Noctua fans that are very quiet and have reduced my idle GPU temperature by about 10 °C, did not see how much they reduced my CPU temperature-CPU was low and not a concern without them. (Two intake at the front [Noctua Chromax 140mm], and two exhaust in the back and top [NZXT Aer F 120mm])

    • Overall, the building process was straightforward and I fortunately experienced no problems with any parts not working after powering my computer on

    Minor Issues

    • Unfortunately, when attaching the CPU stock cooler (AMD Wraith Prism), I had to reattach it to the CPU because I could not get one of the latches to connect and I was afraid to push down into the CPU, resulting in the pre-applied thermal paste not being applied evenly. This in general is not an issue if you just wash the thermal paste off and reapply, but I did not have any and made me neurotic about whether it spread well or not. Make sure to be careful and know the orientation of the CPU cooler before installing if you don't have any spare thermal paste

    • Putting in the motherboard into my ATX case was a lot more strenuous than I thought, granted I was not lowering it with one side tilted (I/O shield part), as the manual recommended. Try fitting the motherboard in the case with the I/O shield tilted into the case as you lower it

    Fortunately, a smooth, straightforward, and awesome experience building my first PC. I am in love with it and am grateful for the confidence and knowledge I have gained. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and please let me know if you guys have any questions!

    submitted by /u/Cristal_God
    [link] [comments]

    The PC I'm Considering to build

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 01:29 PM PDT

    Hi I'm new to PC building and considering to build the following parts. I'm trying to aim for a budget build that will allow me to animate, edit videos, and play some games. With the parts I have listed, will this build somewhat help me with what I want to do? (I do not yet have a GPU in this build, I plan to use the APU provided by the Ryzen CPU and possibly overclock it. I do plan to buy a GPU later down the road.) Thank you very much for your support!

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Type Item Price
    CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor $199.99 @ Amazon Canada
    Motherboard Asus - PRIME B350M-E Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $95.95 @ Vuugo
    Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $104.99 @ Amazon Canada
    Storage Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $53.25 @ Vuugo
    Case Cooler Master - MasterBox Lite 3.1 MicroATX Mid Tower Case $53.75 @ Vuugo
    Power Supply Thermaltake - TR2 500W ATX Power Supply $56.00 @ Vuugo
    Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $119.75 @ Vuugo
    Wireless Network Adapter TP-Link - TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter $12.75 @ Vuugo
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total $696.43
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-30 16:26 EDT-0400

    submitted by /u/psychopie64
    [link] [comments]

    Has the nzxt H500 replaced the s340E?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 02:51 PM PDT

    The s340E has been rising in price of the last few weeks and it hasn't been instock for a while. Is it beeing replaced by the H500?

    submitted by /u/amk52024
    [link] [comments]

    75hz or 144hz in 1440p?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 01:38 PM PDT

    Going to build my first gaming pc with a 1080 amd a i5 8600k, the 1080 will be able to keep my fps around 100fps on my prefered graphics settings wich is good for 75hz but will start tearing for 144hz, wich means that i will have to buy a g-sync monitor wich i think is not worth the price but is 75hz really enough for high paced, online, multiplayer, gaming?

    submitted by /u/pitjoker
    [link] [comments]

    [Build ready] €2500 first build, almost ready to buy

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 12:28 PM PDT

    Build Help/Ready:

    Have you read the sidebar and rules? (Please do)

    Yup!

    What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better.

    Gaming, maybe some machine learning work.

    If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? (Screen resolution, framerate, game settings)

    1440p 144Hz. I want to get 144+ fps in games like Fortnite, and good fps in games like Ark: SE and WoW.

    What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?

    Around 2500 including a monitor, a bit more is okay.

    In what country are you purchasing your parts?

    The Netherlands. Most prices where found using tweakers.net

    Post a draft of your potential build here (specific parts please). Consider formatting your parts list. Don't ask to be spoonfed a build (read the rules!).

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Type Item Price
    CPU Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor €337.50
    CPU Cooler Noctua - NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler €89.90 @ Paradigit
    Motherboard MSI - Z370-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard €98.95
    Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory €148.00
    Storage Samsung - 860 Evo 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive €103.00
    Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive €63.95 @ Paradigit
    Video Card Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AORUS Video Card €719.00
    Case Fractal Design - Meshify C Dark TG ATX Mid Tower Case €89.00
    Power Supply SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply €95.00
    Wireless Network Adapter Intel - 7260HMWDTX1 PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter €40.00
    Case Fan Corsair - ML120 Pro 75.0 CFM 120mm Fan €23.40
    Case Fan Corsair - ML120 Pro 75.0 CFM 120mm Fan €23.40
    Monitor Acer - XB271HU bmiprz 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor €689.00
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total €2520.10
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-30 21:24 CEST+0200

    Provide any additional details you wish below.

    I'm planning on buying parts this week. I made a post yesterday where I got some advice which I incorporated into my build, and now I want to double check everything is compatible and I'm getting the most value for my money.

    Things I'm unsure of: does everything fit on the motherboard? Is the 650w PSU good enough? Are the two Corsair ML120 fans okay? And how is the wireless adapter I added? I won't have a wired connection for a while so a decent wireless adapter is required.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Sidoth
    [link] [comments]

    Have a five year old SSD but just purchased an 860 Evo. What are the differences?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 01:33 PM PDT

    Per the title, I just picked up a 500GB Samsung 860 Evo as I got my old SSD back in 2013 (link). Besides the jump in space, what differences could I expect to notice between the two? Comparing performance numbers doesn't seem like anything too wild, but given what a booming industry SSDs are has me thinking the benefits aren't as simple as it just being "faster".

    thanks for any help :~)

    submitted by /u/Wulfan
    [link] [comments]

    Will an SSD decrease stutters?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 07:04 AM PDT

    I currently have a build with an Xeon X3440 (3.8 GHz OC), 8 GB of DDR3 and an R9 290x. My storage is an 7200 Rpm 500 GB HGST Hardrive. I mainly play CSGO at 1080p and have an average of about 200 FPS. But when I enter a game I seem to have alot of stutters at the beginning and a few later in the game. Could an SSD fix this, because it seems to me that the stutters occur when something hasn't loaded properly yet or so.

    submitted by /u/palle-meister
    [link] [comments]

    Australian iMac Pro Killer

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 06:02 AM PDT

    Recently, I've been considering buying a mid-range iMac Pro in Australia, the prices used to be "reasonable", however for some reason they have absolutely skyrocketed ($12,100 for this build's rough equivalent). So I put together a list for a mid-range iMac Pro killer and was after an overlook on the final build. I've built computers in the past and know enough to get the job done, however I am not as knowledgeable as other people on here, so I am after peoples opinion on the build and whether there is something potentially wrong with it or somewhere I can improve it.

    It's intended to be used the same way as the iMac Pro: 4k video editing, VFX, and Photo Editing.

    Base MAC Pros begin at $4899 AUD

    Base iMAC Pros begin at $7300 AUD

    Thanks.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Type Item Price
    CPU AMD - Threadripper 1920X 3.5GHz 12-Core Processor $598.00 @ Shopping Express
    CPU Cooler Corsair - H80i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $124.00 @ Shopping Express
    Motherboard MSI - X399 SLI PLUS ATX TR4 Motherboard $389.00 @ BudgetPC
    Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $453.00 @ Shopping Express
    Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $453.00 @ Shopping Express
    Storage Samsung - 860 Evo 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $82.50 @ Shopping Express
    Storage Samsung - 860 Evo 2TB 2.5" Solid State Drive $635.00 @ Amazon Australia
    Video Card Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming OC 11G Video Card $1089.00 @ Shopping Express
    Case BitFenix - Nova TG (White) ATX Mid Tower Case $75.00 @ BudgetPC
    Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $146.00 @ IJK
    Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home Full 32/64-bit $157.00 @ Shopping Express
    Monitor AOC - U3277PWQU 32.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor $599.00 @ BudgetPC
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total $4800.50
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-30 22:50 AEST+1000
    submitted by /u/TheLogicalGoldfish
    [link] [comments]

    Feedback appreciated on new build

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 02:33 PM PDT

    Build Help/Ready:

    Have you read the sidebar and rules? (Please do)

    Yup

    What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better.

    Primarily gaming but likely some simulation and solidworks work.

    If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? (Screen resolution, framerate, game settings)

    Was planning on a 1440 monitor. Not too obsessed with the framerate as long as it's decent and more importantly consistent. I'd like to play current games on about max settings.

    What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?

    <$1500 preferably

    In what country are you purchasing your parts?

    USA

    Post a draft of your potential build here (specific parts please). Consider formatting your parts list. Don't ask to be spoonfed a build (read the rules!).

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Type Item Price
    CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor $219.88 @ OutletPC
    Motherboard MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard $89.99 @ Newegg
    Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $134.99 @ Newegg
    Storage Samsung - 860 Evo 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $87.99 @ Amazon
    Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $44.89 @ OutletPC
    Video Card MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DUKE OC Video Card $449.99 @ B&H
    Case Phanteks - Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case $99.99 @ Amazon
    Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $57.99 @ Newegg
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total (before mail-in rebates) $1235.71
    Mail-in rebates -$50.00
    Total $1185.71
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-30 17:10 EDT-0400

    Provide any additional details you wish below.

    Really just looking for feedback, please let me know if I've done something dumb. My current build is an Athlon II and a 770 which I built in high school and threw a new card in later so I've been out of the game for a while. I'm not really sure what cards can run what on what monitors. Trying to avoid serious bottlenecks.

    submitted by /u/RedditorsAreAssss
    [link] [comments]

    P.C for video editing, computer science and animation

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 12:55 PM PDT

    Assisting my brother with building a PC for his interests and future schooling, but I don't really have the current knowledge to make it happen. Budget is around 2000$ Canadian have been and will continue to do independent research though all the information out there is kind of daunting.help is greatly appreciated even if it's just a push in the right direction,Cheers!

    submitted by /u/pillowpants90
    [link] [comments]

    Quick check over before I pull the trigger

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 02:29 PM PDT

    Build Help/Ready:

    Have you read the sidebar and rules? (Please do)

    Replace this text with your answer.

    What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better.

    Playing League of Legends, Insurgency Sandstorm, Forza Horizon 4, etc.

    If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? (Screen resolution, framerate, game settings)

    Will be ordering a acer predator xb271hu in the near future, so 1440p 144hz on most games.

    What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?

    ~$2300

    In what country are you purchasing your parts?

    USA

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Type Item Price
    CPU Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor $434.98 @ Amazon
    CPU Cooler Corsair - H150i PRO 47.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $174.86 @ Newegg
    Motherboard Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $215.32 @ Amazon
    Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $157.67 @ Amazon
    Storage Samsung - 860 Evo 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $95.68 @ Amazon
    Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $64.04 @ OutletPC
    Video Card EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 GAMING iCX Video Card $874.97 @ Newegg Business
    Case Lian-Li - PC-O11DX ATX Full Tower Case $146.80 @ Newegg
    Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $88.63 @ OutletPC
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total (before mail-in rebates) $2282.95
    Mail-in rebates -$30.00
    Total $2252.95
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-30 17:27 EDT-0400

    PRICE DOES INCLUDE TAX JUST FOR MY SAKE OF FIGURING OUT TOTAL PRICE.

    Right now I'm just trying to figure out if I should go for the 1080ti or 2080 just because they're about the same price. Also, what would be some no too expensive fans for the 6 fan spots I need to fill? Heard good things about Silent Wings 2/3, looking more at the silent wings 2 because they're $10 less than the 3's.

    submitted by /u/Guthix70
    [link] [comments]

    First PC, any suggestions?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 02:12 PM PDT

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Type Item Price
    CPU Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor $399.99 @ Amazon
    CPU Cooler Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $19.99 @ Newegg
    Motherboard Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $198.00 @ Amazon
    Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $144.99 @ Amazon
    Storage Samsung - 860 Evo 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $87.99 @ Amazon
    Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $44.89 @ OutletPC
    Video Card Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB WINDFORCE OC 8G Video Card $484.98 @ Newegg
    Case Corsair - 200R ATX Mid Tower Case $39.99 @ Newegg
    Power Supply Corsair - CXM (2015) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $28.98 @ Newegg
    Optical Drive Asus - DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer $21.40 @ Amazon
    Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $94.89 @ OutletPC
    Monitor Asus - VG245H 24.0" 1920x1080 75Hz Monitor $181.99 @ Amazon
    Keyboard Corsair - K55 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard $45.25 @ Amazon
    Mouse Logitech - G502 Proteus Spectrum Wired Optical Mouse $49.98 @ Amazon
    Headphones Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel Headset $35.99 @ Amazon
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total (before mail-in rebates) $1939.30
    Mail-in rebates -$60.00
    Total $1879.30
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-30 17:00 EDT-0400
    submitted by /u/Rolanddeschain54
    [link] [comments]

    Should I get a GTX 1060 or 1070 for 1080p gaming?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 12:38 PM PDT

    So on friday I finally built my first PC after eagerly waiting for 3 years to get one. I bought everything but the graphics card because I plan buying them on black friday once the gpu prices (hopefully) go down because of the new 20's gpus.

    My question is if I should buy either a 1060 or 1070 if I plan on gaming at 1080p, I'd like to be able to play on ultra or the higgest settings possible on my 144hz monitor.

    On a side note, would a i3 8100 bottleneck a 1070? I read somewhere that it won't bottleneck a 1060 but I'm not sure about a 1070.

    submitted by /u/EdieKnox
    [link] [comments]

    Should i wait for Blackfriday/Cybermonday?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 06:37 AM PDT

    I want to make a new build but idk if i should wait for BF/CYM.
    Mostly i would know what your opinion on waiting for Gpu like 1080ti and 1080. will it still be in stock at this time?
    and of course about Ram,cpu,psu,mobo but i dont think i will regrets to wait there for part like these.

    submitted by /u/Golhiathmaster
    [link] [comments]

    I appreciate you boys helping me with my build.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 03:55 PM PDT

    I finally got it up n running. Thanks boys

    submitted by /u/BushmanV2
    [link] [comments]

    Budget music production PC, what is the best value CPU I can get?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 07:24 AM PDT

    Hi! I'm building very soon an amateur music-production oriented PC for which I'd like to spend more or less 1000€, screen included (I already have an audio interface), and I'd like to make an educated choice for my CPU.

    I intend to use Cubase and a few plugins (mainly virtual instruments), and according to this documentation:

    " Some things to consider on the processor architecture:

    • Processors with faster cores are preferable to a higher core count for real-time audio performance.
    • The more cores are available, the more thread synchronization is required. This can lead to a reduced processing power and slow down the system after all.
    • A higher core count might require a different RAM configuration (dual channel, quad channel) for optimal performance.
    • A higher amount of CPU cache (L2, L3) can have a positive impact on the real-time processing. "

    Based on these informations, I have a few questions:

    1. When we're talking core speed, are we talking about the frequency at which the CPU runs (ex: 3.6 GHz) or is it about the single core performance (such as the single thread performance one can see for a CPU on cpubenchmark.net) ?
    2. Regarding core count (hyperthreading/SMT non activated), real-time audio performance and thread synchronization, where would be the sweetspot at: 4, 6? I think 8 is too much already...
    3. I've made these two tables (4-core CPUs ; 6-core CPUs, red means highest value, green means lowest value) ; based on those and the previous answers, what CPU would be the best choice?

    Thank you very much!

    submitted by /u/amateurhumanbeing
    [link] [comments]

    Judge my build

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 03:32 PM PDT

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Type Item Price
    CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor $219.88 @ OutletPC
    Motherboard MSI - X470 GAMING PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard $129.89 @ OutletPC
    Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $144.99 @ Amazon
    Storage Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $44.89 @ OutletPC
    Video Card MSI - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB GAMING X 3G Video Card -
    Case Corsair - Crystal 460X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case $129.89 @ B&H
    Power Supply Corsair - RMx (2018) 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $69.99 @ Newegg
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total (before mail-in rebates) $769.53
    Mail-in rebates -$30.00
    Total $739.53
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-30 18:30 EDT-0400
    submitted by /u/Trollehh
    [link] [comments]

    Best PC for beginning youtubers

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 03:29 PM PDT

    [PCPartPicker part list](https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Gb28zY) / [Price breakdown by merchant](https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Gb28zY/by_merchant/)

    Type|Item|Price

    :----|:----|:----

    **CPU** | [Intel - Core i3-8100 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/YqKhP6/intel-core-i3-8100-36ghz-4-core-processor-bx80684i38100) | $118.90 @ B&H

    **Motherboard** | [Gigabyte - B360M DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/PgQG3C/gigabyte-b360m-ds3h-micro-atx-lga1151-motherboard-b360m-ds3h) | $65.99 @ SuperBiiz

    **Memory** | [Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/y9rcCJ/corsair-memory-cmk16gx4m2a2400c16) | $134.99 @ Amazon

    **Storage** | [Kingston - A400 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/2FDzK8/kingston-a400-120gb-25-solid-state-drive-sa400s37120g) | $27.99 @ Amazon

    **Storage** | [Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/MwW9TW/western-digital-internal-hard-drive-wd10ezex) | $44.89 @ OutletPC

    **Video Card** | [Asus - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Dual Video Card](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/jZJkcf/asus-geforce-gtx-1060-6gb-dual-video-card-dual-gtx1060-o6g) | $285.42 @ OutletPC

    **Case** | [Cooler Master - MasterBox Q300P MicroATX Mini Tower Case](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/rXRzK8/cooler-master-masterbox-q300p-microatx-mini-tower-case-mcb-q300p-kann-s02) | $59.99 @ Amazon

    **Power Supply** | [EVGA - BT 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/GQX2FT/evga-bt-450w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-100-bt-0450-k1) | $24.99 @ Amazon

    **Operating System** | [Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/96RFf7/microsoft-os-kw900139) | $119.98 @ OutletPC

    **Keyboard** | [Redragon - K552-R KUMARA Wired Gaming Keyboard](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/RXTrxr/redragon-k552-r-kumara-wired-gaming-keyboard-k552-r-ca) | $33.49 @ Amazon

    **Mouse** | [Redragon - COBRA M711 Wired Optical Mouse](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/dZQG3C/redragon-cobra-m711-wired-optical-mouse-cobra-m711) | $19.99 @ Amazon

    **Other** | [Wifi Adapter 600Mbps EDUP Wireless Usb Adapter ac600 2.4GHz/5.8GHz Dual Band Usb Adapter 2dBi External Antennas](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/6XYWGX/wifi-adapter-600mbps-edup-wireless-usb-adapter-ac600-24ghz58ghz-dual-band-usb-adapter-2dbi-external-antennas) | $15.99 @ Amazon

    **Other** | [AmazonBasics Gel Mouse Pad with Wrist Rest](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/9ytQzy/amazonbasics-gel-mouse-pad-with-wrist-rest) | $7.79 @ Amazon

    **Other** | [USB Lavalier Lapel Microphone,FIFINE Clip-on Cardioid Condenser Computer mic plug and play USB Microphone With Sound Card for PC and Mac.(K053)](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/9cBTwP/usb-lavalier-lapel-microphonefifine-clip-on-cardioid-condenser-computer-mic-plug-and-play-usb-microphone-with-sound-card-for-pc-and-mack053) | $16.99 @ Amazon

    | *Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts* |

    | **Total** | **$977.39**

    | Generated by [PCPartPicker](https://pcpartpicker.com) 2018-09-30 18:25 EDT-0400 |

    submitted by /u/PaneraBread1234
    [link] [comments]

    Wiping HDD

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 03:14 PM PDT

    So I am currently wiping the partitions on my Hard Drives so the next person to have my computer can't recover anything. I am about to wipe the partition that has the O.S. on it, if I do that, can I restart my computer with the Windows 7 disk in and install Windows again? How will this all work?

    submitted by /u/Sovereign156
    [link] [comments]

    Can I install the fan 3 pin connectors to the Mobo and not plug the 4 pin molex to the PSU?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 02:59 PM PDT

    Upgrading my prebuild pc

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 02:31 PM PDT

    So yeah i got an acer aspire gx 281 and i'm going to buy a cooler master h500 and 8gigs of ram and transport my pc into a new case. Any tips for doing so? I have alreade checked inside the case so that everything i want is removable so no problem there. It would be my first pc building experience

    submitted by /u/Keke_vuorinen
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel