• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, September 30, 2018

    Disposing on Android. The right way Android Dev

    Disposing on Android. The right way Android Dev


    Disposing on Android. The right way

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 11:44 AM PDT

    Retrofit2 kotlin serialization converter

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 12:37 PM PDT

    Fetching Models at Runtime with Sceneform and ARCore

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 03:54 AM PDT

    Android Studio: Chips - Material Components (Part 1)

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 02:55 PM PDT

    Hacking my car dash

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 07:45 AM PDT

    My car dash runs a heavily skinned version of android (not android auto) that has shitty pre installed apps and doesn't seem to have a way to install apps natively or enable developer options. Could there a way for me sideload apps using apks or using adb? If so how would I go about accomplishing that. The system has 2 USB ports for thumb drives and also has a microSD slot for watching movies.

    submitted by /u/TNMYSNGL
    [link] [comments]

    Google Maps API key with google app signing help please?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 01:43 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    I have created a simple app which utilises a few Google Map APIs. I have also used Google app signing. As a result I have 2 SHA-1 keys - my initial upload key (which I signed my APK with in Studio) and Google's SHA-1 key for the app signing.

    Do I need to whitelist both of those SHA-1 keys in the API key restrictions, or just one or the other? I'm not sure which I need to whitelist and only my debug key works, which I have whitelisted too.

    Can anyone confirm that I need to add both for it to work? Many thanks.

    submitted by /u/QuickishFM
    [link] [comments]

    How to find ideas for apps?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 12:40 AM PDT

    I have started as an Android hobby developer, making things that just seem useful to me. I have found this approach quite successfull, my 3 biggest apps have 16 000, 11 000 and 1000 downloads. But my issue is that I only have such an idea every few months, and the rest of the time I feel like coding, but can't find anything to do.

    I'm also willing to switch language or platform, as long as there are things I can create that are useful and have the possibility of being popular (so not a 1000th music player or file manager, there are already tons of them out there). Any tips for how to have more of these ideas? Or a way to find them? Or maybe you can recommend me a platform that has many users looking for apps, but hasn't got many apps yet?

    submitted by /u/Somethingweirdhere
    [link] [comments]

    Help Needed For Rom Development OnePlus 3T

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 11:59 AM PDT

    Hello everyone. We are needing help with our rom development for the OnePlus 3T. We are needing help upgrading our kernel and device trees. We have successfully brought project treble to the OnePlus 3T. We are now rebasing our device trees so we can get the camera working on our rom. Private message me if you are interested.

    submitted by /u/larsonthekidrs
    [link] [comments]

    ExtendedFAB Library

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 07:49 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I have been fascinated with Google's new ExtendedFAB that is seen on Android messages. Due to this, I searched how to implement it on my latest project, but I was unable to find anything. Since I was not able to find either a library nor an official one from Google, I decided to create my own library.

    Here is a link demonstrating the behavior: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jgt9FKGpv-USEKpJ_V_DeYAxtwSVEYFM/view

    If you're interested in using this in your app I have all the information that you need on the repo itself. It's on JCenter and the library is open source:

    Here is the link to the library: https://bitbucket.org/thenotoriousrog/extendedfab/src/master/

    Hope some of you like it enough to use it in your projects!

    [Update] Lowered min sdk to 15 and added support for RecyclerView scroll listening.

    submitted by /u/thenotoriousrog
    [link] [comments]

    Content difference between free Udacity videos and nanodegree

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 10:16 PM PDT

    Hello, I'm thinking of doing Udacity's Nanodegree program. I know there are plenty of free and cheaper options like Udemy, TreeHouse, YouTube, but I am just curious. I know majority (?) of the Nanodegree courses can be found as listed here: https://github.com/mikesprague/udacity-nanodegrees

    But I was wondering if the content of Nanodegrees is any different to what they have available for free, or is it EXACTLY the same videos offered for free but with the addition of peer reviews? If so then it almost does not make any sense to pay such large money just for peer reviews. Is content provided like online lectures or how does it even work compared to free courses?

    If anyone who has done the program could chime in to answer my question and maybe tell me what was their experience of doing a Nanodegree (advanced Android Dev) like that would be very helpful! Thanks

    submitted by /u/Tw1ser
    [link] [comments]

    Play console statistics: get total installs per country for date RANGE?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 01:57 AM PDT

    In play console i can get a graph showing the daily installs for 1 specific country for a date range. However, it doesn't show the sum of these daily installs. The only way to get that total seems to be to manually add them up using the data from the graph or from the bulk report. Or is there an easier way?

    submitted by /u/adrian_pawpaw
    [link] [comments]

    Need help to develop a little app

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 10:34 AM PDT

    Need help to develop a little app

    Greetings,

    I have to develop this app for my school, but i'm out of ideas about a lot of things.
    I'm not very confident with Android (i've readed a book from Big Nerd Ranch 2 years ago) and i'm out of practice with Java, furthermore, i've 2 days left :D

    I can work my way but i need help.

    The app is quite simple:

    Premise: we have stored values somewhere (6 digits makes a complete value).

    We have 3 different parts that will hold 3 different pair of digits (alphanumeric).

    In the bottom-left box, we digit 6 values, say: 3212XR

    The first pair of values will be displayed in Part C, the second in part A and the last one, in part B.

    While we type, a check will be made, so if we type 3212 and we have a stored value that begin with 3212, the bottom-right box will display the matching values (3212XR, 3212GH, 3212..).

    If we type 3212XR and there's a stored value that is EXACTLY the same, the preview box will turn green.

    Oh i've forgot that there's a button that should reset all the fields.

    That's it.

    Sounds easy, but is not for me, not now at least.

    I need to know which widgets should i use for my purpose, which data structure will hold the values once we read from the storage and how to do the matching.

    Yes, basically all.

    I don't need the source code obviously (well... It won't hurt), just a few indication.

    Everything will take action on a single activity.

    An help will be really really really appreciated :)

    https://i.redd.it/ef2fx1ntpep11.jpg

    submitted by /u/Sasha_Graves
    [link] [comments]

    How do I add a payment method to my app?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 09:15 PM PDT

    I'm making a catering app and I need to have a way for the user to pay for their order. What's the best way of doing this? I'd like to avoid requiring the user to use a payment service like PayPal (I want them to be able to pay with their credit card information).

    submitted by /u/yackamajez
    [link] [comments]

    Conversion rate - what am I doing wrong?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 03:06 AM PDT

    My three most popular apps all suck in conversion rate, and I really want to know why. I may not have the best graphics, but I don't see why the rates are so low.

    My most popular app (made for an online game) had 4.3 stars, a decent icon (imo), screenshots describing what it does and a description. But the install rate is 15.5%, below the 25th percentile. Meanwhile, 30 day rate is 66.7%, which nearly fills out the bar and is way above the 75th percentile.

    My second most popular app (a tool for showing chosen photos, while keeping the rest of your phone locked) sits at an install rate of 15.8, exactly the 25th percentile. Reviews sitting at a 4.2, the icon is good in my opinion, the screenshots ok. Description also seems alright to me. 30 day rate is only 45% here, nearly reaching the 75th percentile. But what am I doing wrong with my app listing? Isn't it clear what my app does? Or do people just don't want it? Is there something unappealing there, or something I should correct?

    My last app (a simple app for locking your phone), again sits at a 4.2. Icon seems alright to me, screenshots probably could be better. Again, an install rate of 14.2% seems quite low to me, while the 30 day rate of 45.8% seems right.

    All in all, I read from the reviews and the keeping rate that the apps themselves don't have any major issues. But I guess something is wrong with my app listings, or the conversion rates wouldn't be as low as they are. But what is the wrong thing? For my second app, maybe it's just not clear what it actually does? But what can I fix, what can I do better?

    submitted by /u/Somethingweirdhere
    [link] [comments]

    Scheduling background tasks using android WorkManager

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 02:30 AM PDT

    Admob match rate dropped through the floor

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 08:00 PM PDT

    I just looked at my admob for the last few days and the match rate has dropped down to 3%. It usually is close to 100% though it has been bouncing as low as 30% some days. This is in Japan and france - the 2 countries with the most ad requests for me - does anyone know why this is happening?

    submitted by /u/joelutting
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel