• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, September 29, 2018

    Simple Questions - September 29, 2018

    Simple Questions - September 29, 2018


    Simple Questions - September 29, 2018

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 05:12 AM PDT

    This thread is for simple questions that don't warrant their own thread (although we strongly suggest checking the sidebar and the wiki before posting!). Please don't post involved questions that are better suited to a [Build Help], [Build Ready] or [Build Complete] post. Examples of questions:

    • Is this RAM compatible with my motherboard?
    • I'm thinking of getting a GTX 1070. Which one should I get?
    • I'm on a very tight budget and I'm looking for a case < $50

    Remember that Discord is great places to ask quick questions as well: http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/wiki/livechat

    Important: Downvotes are strongly discouraged in this thread. Sorting by new is strongly encouraged.

    Have a question about the subreddit or otherwise for /r/buildapc mods? We welcome your mod mail!

    Looking for all the Simple Questions threads? Want an easy way to locate today's thread? This link is now in the sidebar below the yellow Rules section.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Getting an ssd is truly one of the best gifts you can get for yourself.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 12:38 AM PDT

    I have always ignored the "get an ssd for your pc" comments and decided to stick to my HDD drives mostly due to the larger capacities.I recently caved and bought a crucial 256 gig as a boot drive. And ooh boy ! is this thing blazing fast.There is no going back. No human being should have to endure such slow mechanical speeds if they don't have to. Heavy programs boot up in seconds..Thank you guys ..

    submitted by /u/Mc460
    [link] [comments]

    THANK YOU /r/buildapc!

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 08:55 AM PDT

    I've waited so long for the parts to arrive that I researched everything to death, saw every building video on YT and spent countless hours here reading the various topics and even troubleshooting problems I haven't even encountered yet, just in case!

    Finally, all the parts arrived today and I started building. Less than 2 hours I have a fully working pc, 1st boot was successful, everything went extremely smoothly. I 100% expected the pc to NOT boot before I pressed the power button for the first time, I was certain something must have gone wrong, a cable here, a cable there, the rgb wouldn't work, I short-circuited something, anything. And yet, nope! Windows installed extremely fast, BIOS and GPU drivers update super fast, I am so happy right now! :D

    Honestly, if you don't rush it and watch a couple of YT videos it's ridiculously easy.

    The most difficult part in my opinion is the cable management. Since this was my first build I was afraid to bend the cables a lot or mistreat them. I have NO idea how in some builds you can't even see the 24pin or the GPU's 8pin, where do people hide that?? Or do they take those out for photos??

    Thanks /r/buildapc!

    Pics: https://imgur.com/a/1Q2Ggm5

    submitted by /u/Baator
    [link] [comments]

    Best monitor under $300.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 12:45 PM PDT

    I am looking for a good monitor that is 144Hz and 1080p, I have a budget of $300. And I have a Nvidia GPU. Any suggestions.

    submitted by /u/Juicyjackson
    [link] [comments]

    1080p 144hz build. How's the part list looking?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 09:09 AM PDT

    Build Help/Ready:

    Have you read the sidebar and rules? (Please do)

    yeah

    What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better.

    Gaming and light video editing

    If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? (Screen resolution, framerate, game settings)

    1080p 144hz max settings

    What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?

    Max is 1600 USD

    In what country are you purchasing your parts?

    Mexico, ordering from newegg

    Post a draft of your potential build here (specific parts please). Consider formatting your parts list. Don't ask to be spoonfed a build (read the rules!).

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Type Item Price
    CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor $170.98 @ Newegg
    CPU Cooler Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $90.99 @ Newegg
    Motherboard MSI - B450-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard $79.99 @ B&H
    Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $144.99 @ Amazon
    Storage ADATA - Ultimate SU650 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $68.99 @ Newegg
    Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $58.99 @ SuperBiiz
    Video Card MSI - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB Titanium Video Card $459.99 @ B&H
    Case Fractal Design - Meshify C Dark TG ATX Mid Tower Case $96.78 @ Walmart
    Power Supply SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $69.01 @ Newegg Business
    Case Fan Corsair - ML120 Pro 75.0 CFM 120mm Fan $23.53 @ Amazon
    Case Fan Corsair - ML140 97.0 CFM 140mm Fans $35.82 @ Amazon
    Monitor ViewSonic - XG2402 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor $249.99 @ Amazon
    Keyboard Corsair - K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Wired Gaming Keyboard $100.00
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total (before mail-in rebates) $1690.05
    Mail-in rebates -$40.00
    Total $1650.05
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-29 12:06 EDT-0400

    Provide any additional details you wish below.

    I found a h100i v2 refurbished on newegg for a decent price (60 dollars), and since I'm planning on overclocking my CPU, I think this cooler should be good

    submitted by /u/FireKirby545
    [link] [comments]

    AMD Spire Cooler nightmare install, is it just me?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 09:39 AM PDT

    Is it just me or is the AMD Spire Cooler a nightmare to install? I've been at this for 45 minutes. You cannot get all 4 screws started. I can get 3 but never 4. Anyone have any tips so I don't break my motherboard trying to screw these things in?

    It makes no sense to require this much force to screw in sensitive computer parts.

    submitted by /u/agffth
    [link] [comments]

    It took me 2 years but I finally got an SSD

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 07:54 AM PDT

    I built my current system 2 years ago and have been making small upgrades now and then to keep it running newish but I never invested in an SSD. I have a hybrid drive so my startup time isn't bad at all but games take forever to load, I never felt like I really needed one but I had some extra money and my 256gb Intel 545s should be here Monday, super excited! That and a much needed upgrade to my stock CPU cooler, I know it's a crime

    submitted by /u/Sujitsuki
    [link] [comments]

    Turning on the power for the first time on a build

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 12:05 PM PDT

    What else do I need?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 01:06 PM PDT

    Hey guys. I just ordered all the parts for my gaming rig and I am planning to build it next Friday-Sunday. This is what I ordered:

    • ASUS Radeon RX Vega 64 Strix OC
    • AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
    • MSI B450 Tomahawk
    • G.Skill RipJaws 3200 MHz 16 GB
    • Seasonic Focus Plus Platinum 650W
    • Fractal Design Meshify C Dark TG -Samsung EVO 860 500 GB

    So my main question now is: What else do I need to build my PC? Any cables or screws not included in the parts' packages? Thermal paste? Am I completely missing something?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/TheShivara
    [link] [comments]

    GPU Issues? Really need some help!

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 04:35 PM PDT

    Troubleshooting Help:

    What is your parts list? Consider formatting your parts list.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Type Item Price
    CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor $165.99 @ Amazon
    Motherboard MSI - B350 KRAIT GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard $119.99 @ Amazon
    Memory Kingston - HyperX Fury 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory $178.31 @ Amazon
    Storage Samsung - 860 Evo 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $97.87 @ OutletPC
    Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $44.89 @ OutletPC
    Video Card MSI - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card $384.98 @ Newegg
    Case Corsair - SPEC-03 White ATX Mid Tower Case $114.40 @ Amazon
    Power Supply Corsair - RMx 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $92.02 @ OutletPC
    Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $94.89 @ OutletPC
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total (before mail-in rebates) $1323.34
    Mail-in rebates -$30.00
    Total $1293.34
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-28 11:33 EDT-0400

    Describe your problem. List any error messages and symptoms. Be descriptive.

    At random times my system will hang for a second or so, and then go to a black screen for another second. After that everything will work fine again. Like sometimes I am not doing anything at the PC when it happens but the other time I will be typing a message. So its totally random.

    Another small detail, when I am watching a video in VLC player and it happens, after the screen comes back the video is broken. Its either a black screen or it just shows my desktop. I have to completely restart VLC and the video to continue.

    At first I thought it was only a problem on the desktop but I have noticed that games seem to crash quite a lot. Also it seems to be getting worse over time, untill I reinstall windows again.

    List anything you've done in attempt to diagnose or fix the problem.

    -Reinstalled Windows

    -Uninstalled drivers with DDU and reinstalled

    -Reset CMOS

    -Make sure the GPU and cables are connected properly.

    Post relevant photos of build/parts here.

    Replace this text with your answer.

    Provide any additional details you wish below.

    The PC is roughly 1 or 2 weeks old. It seems to work fine except for this single issue. I am thinking it might be a bad GPU or RAM but I really have no clue. Is it worth it to try switiching RAM slots and or trying it with 1 stick at a time?

    Anyway any help is much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/iggyiggz1999
    [link] [comments]

    1080p/27"/144hz or 1440p/27"/144hz monitor?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 02:21 PM PDT

    I can't decide which I should go with---I currently have a GTX 970, but I'm planning on upgrading to a 1080ti within the next few months. I've had the same Asus VH238H monitor for the past 7 years, so I am looking for a substantial upgrade. I was originally leaning toward a 1440p monitor, but if I don't get the 1080ti for 5-6 months, I am unsure if my 970 will be sufficient for 1440p.

    If I go with a 1080p, I really liked this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074JLD4HZ/

    My current specs:

    Mobo: MSI Z87-G55 LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX

    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 12GB DDR3

    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell Quad-Core 3.5 GHz

    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970

    submitted by /u/GetThatNoiseOuttaHer
    [link] [comments]

    Heating problem, starting to lose mind

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 02:08 PM PDT

    2 weeks ago my pc started to crash after 30 minutes of playing games, with drrr sound and after that black screen..i saw that my cpu (amd a8 6600k) was always on 80-90 celsius..so i bought new cooling system (cooler master hyper 212x) And now its aprox on 75 80 celsius..i renewd thermal paste also..what can also cuz the problem? Pls help give me ideas, maybe its not heating problem but those crashes are killingg me P.S i bought new grapfic card and ram month ago and they were working fine for 2 weeks without issues..

    submitted by /u/Canismajoriss97
    [link] [comments]

    Review my build for me? 3.2GHz CPU, 16GB RAM, 6GB GPU

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 04:08 PM PDT

    Build Help/Ready:

    Have you read the sidebar and rules? (Please do)

    Yes. I built this myself on PC Part Picker and it says there are no incompatibilities.

    What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better.

    Gaming. Want to try PUBG, Civilization, Rim World, the new Elder Scrolls game when it is released, other new stuff when it comes out, and random games from Steam. Internet browsing, music and movies, and word processing occasionally.

    If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? (Screen resolution, frame rate, game settings)

    Decent performance and a reasonably good frame rate. IS 60FPS too much to ask here? Is this VR capable?

    What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?

    $1750 CAD

    In what country are you purchasing your parts?

    Canada

    Post a draft of your potential build here (specific parts please). Consider formatting your parts list. Don't ask to be spoonfed a build (read the rules!).

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Type Item Price
    CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor $208.68 @ Amazon Canada
    Motherboard MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard $120.95 @ Vuugo
    Memory Team - Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $169.99 @ Newegg Canada
    Storage Samsung - 860 Evo 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $119.99 @ Amazon Canada
    Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $47.99 @ Newegg Canada
    Video Card EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SC GAMING Video Card $349.99 @ Amazon Canada
    Case NZXT - S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case $119.99 @ Memory Express
    Power Supply Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $79.99 @ Amazon Canada
    Wireless Network Adapter Gigabyte - GC-WB867D-I PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter $44.99 @ Memory Express
    Monitor Asus - VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor $328.53 @ Mike's Computer Shop
    Keyboard Thermaltake - CHALLENGER PRIME Wired Gaming Keyboard $34.75 @ Vuugo
    Mouse Logitech - G300S Wired Optical Mouse $40.53 @ Amazon Canada
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total (before mail-in rebates) $1676.37
    Mail-in rebates -$10.00
    Total $1666.37
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-29 19:00 EDT-0400

    Provide any additional details you wish below.

    Just quick build just now. I want to make sure everything is going to work. I am concerned about CPU/GPU bottleneck, and fitting everything inside the case.

    submitted by /u/silverjack100
    [link] [comments]

    Is this everything I need to build a PC?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 04:04 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I'm new to the overall concept of building Gaming PCs and I've been doing extensive research on the subject. I spent the last few days picking out the parts I would need. However, since it's my first time, I want to make absolutely sure that I have everything I need. I already have a monitor and a mouse, so those two can be marked off the list.

    https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Reskov/saved/Ht9tgs

    submitted by /u/PineconeSquad
    [link] [comments]

    4K gaming build advice

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 07:49 AM PDT

    Which setup would be the best performance for 4K gaming and staying pretty quiet? My budget is about $1400 or $1900 (depending on if I sell my 1080ti and try to go for a 2080ti).

    Opt1:

    • i7 8700k
    • Be quiet dark rock rock cooler
    • 16gb ram
    • EVGA FTW3 1080ti (Currently own)
    • 512gb M.2 SSD
    • 512gb SSD

    Opt 2:

    • Ryzen 2600/2600k
    • 16gb Ram
    • 2080ti FE (Assuming I can grab one at retail cost)
    • 512gb SSD

    Opt 3:

    • Ryzen 2600/2600k
    • EVGA FTW3 1080ti (Currently Own)
    • EKWB Custom water loop for cpu/gpu
    • 16gb ram
    • 512gb SSD

    I am leaning towards the Meshify C ITX case and going for a small build. But I am open to midtowers. I just want to stay kinda small.

    About me: I normally play single player campaigns or co-op horde mode with friends. I don't really play competitively.

    My gaming area:

    • Office with a 28" 4K G-Sync.
    • Living room with 65" 4K HDR and Nvidia Shield TV.
    submitted by /u/gillberg1111
    [link] [comments]

    2011 Mac just died, need help with parts list

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 03:43 PM PDT

    Build Help/Ready:

    Have you read the sidebar and rules? (Please do)

    Yes.

    What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better.

    Gaming! I would like to be able to run Bethesda games, including ESO. I also play League of Legends.

    If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? (Screen resolution, framerate, game settings)

    High to max preferred for all game settings.

    What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?

    $1200-ish I want this to last a long time so if a small upgrade would be worthwhile, I'd be willing to pursue that.

    In what country are you purchasing your parts?

    USA.

    Post a draft of your potential build here (specific parts please). Consider formatting your parts list. Don't ask to be spoonfed a build (read the rules!).

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Type Item Price
    CPU Intel - Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor $309.99 @ Amazon
    Motherboard MSI - B360I GAMING PRO AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard $97.16 @ Amazon
    Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $120.89 @ OutletPC
    Storage Samsung - 860 Evo 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $55.99 @ Amazon
    Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $44.89 @ OutletPC
    Video Card Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB D5 6G Video Card $274.98 @ Newegg
    Case NZXT - H200 (Black/Blue) Mini ITX Tower Case $79.99 @ Newegg
    Power Supply Corsair - CX (2017) 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $49.99 @ Newegg
    Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $94.89 @ OutletPC
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total (before mail-in rebates) $1158.77
    Mail-in rebates -$30.00
    Total $1128.77
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-29 18:21 EDT-0400

    Provide any additional details you wish below.

    I did not include a CPU fan because the one I'm looking at on NewEgg includes a fan and cooler. I have plenty of monitors, keyboards, and mice.

    I've been gaming on my Macbook so anything would be a huge improvement.

    I'm completely new to this and greatly appreciate any and all thoughts/concerns/advice.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/ais_ice_baby
    [link] [comments]

    First Build DONE. (DISCLAIMER: Another thank you post)

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 03:40 PM PDT

    Thank you to this sub for helping me complete my first build. If it werent for this sub i wouldnt have dared try this & would have ended up paying $1,000.00 for some pre-built with a 1050ti in it or something.

    Got my GPU "used" (it was sent in RMA, but came back with new S/N so maybe they replaced the whole thing?) from /r/hardwareswap as well as my CPU & MOBO combo. All in all a solid build that actually booted up properly first time through.

    Again, thank you all so much for always being so informative & not condescending. Ive asked my fair share of stupid questions, & was surprised at how nice you all are.

    Pic of its guts. Sorry if the cable management isnt the prettiest.

    Parts List w/ Grand Total

    submitted by /u/shahab_joon
    [link] [comments]

    What is this build missing?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 03:05 PM PDT

    I asked about the build here and monitor here, and recieved help which I'm very grateful for. Is there anything this build is missing? If so please let me know. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fzfbyX

    submitted by /u/MakoSnaq
    [link] [comments]

    What's the difference between all the GPU manufacturers?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 02:57 PM PDT

    When I search "1080 ti" there's a bunch of results from different manufacturers, all using the same chipset. What are the strengths of each one? Is there one I should be preferring?

    submitted by /u/CaptainSteelmeat69
    [link] [comments]

    Is an 120gb ssd enough for watching videos/homework

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 11:11 AM PDT

    Hey im wondering whether or not an 120gb ssd is enough for my laptop(its hdd is a dud) is enough for me to use for homework and watching videos(im not downloading games or anything on it)

    submitted by /u/Didnot_Get_The_Joke
    [link] [comments]

    After years of low resolution and terrible fps, I have finally saved up enough to build my own gaming desktop. Am I using my budget optimally with this build?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 06:05 AM PDT

    Have you read the sidebar and rules? (Please do)

    Yes!

    What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better.

    Gaming and general use (internet, word processing, saving pictures and videos, etc.). Examples of games I'd like to play are the Assassin's Creed series, The Long Dark, Heroes and Generals, Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

    If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? (Screen resolution, framerate, game settings)

    1080p, 60fps on very high/ultra settings, at least for the older games. Hopefully also newer and more demanding games at very high settings.

    I am not planning to overclock.

    What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?

    €1000, but that also includes buying a screen and an operating system (Windows, specifically). Windows is not included in the list below, but the cheapest retail version I can find is €120, leaving me with a budget of €880.

    Where are you buying your components?

    The Netherlands.

    Post a draft of your potential build here (specific parts please). Consider formatting your parts list. Don't ask to be spoonfed a build (read the rules!).

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Type Item Price
    CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor $165.99 @ Amazon
    Motherboard Asus - PRIME B450M-A Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard -
    Memory G.Skill - Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $63.99 @ Newegg
    Storage Kingston - A400 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $39.99 @ Amazon
    Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $44.89 @ OutletPC
    Video Card Sapphire - Radeon RX 580 8GB PULSE Video Card $274.98 @ Newegg Business
    Case Cooler Master - MasterBox Lite 3.1 MicroATX Mid Tower Case $35.98 @ Newegg
    Power Supply Corsair - TXM Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $54.99 @ Newegg
    Monitor AOC - G2260VWQ6 21.5" 1920x1080 75Hz Monitor $112.99 @ Walmart
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total (before mail-in rebates) $823.80
    Mail-in rebates -$30.00
    Total $793.80
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-29 08:59 EDT-0400

    Provide any additional details you wish below.

    With the list above I'm using all of my budget based on prices in the Netherlands. Any recommendations for better parts would therefore require other parts to become cheaper.

    I intend to buy a second 8GB RAM stick when I've saved up a bit more.

    I could replace the Sapphire Pulse with a Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 GAMING 8GB, which would save me about €20. Should I do this? On the one hand I've seen several people recommend the Sapphire Pulse, but others keep saying that it doesn't really matter which RX580 you buy.

    Any feedback is really appreciated! I'd love to hear what you think and if any improvements can be made.

    EDIT: formatting.

    submitted by /u/Mount_North
    [link] [comments]

    X470 Motherboard advice

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 11:48 AM PDT

    I am planning on starting my first build, but I have not picked a motherboard yet. Perhaps the unlimited source of knowledge that your are can help me choose.

    Requirements:

    AM4, X470 4 RAM slots RGB At least one m.2 slot At least two sata slots for a Samsung 860 Evo SSD and a HDD At least one PCIe x16 slot Overclocking CPU and GPU possible SLI and CrossFire

    Thanks already

    EDIT

    SLI and Croasfire

    submitted by /u/ThaPTGaming
    [link] [comments]

    S2716DGR can't plug display port to graphic card

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 11:39 AM PDT

    Hello, all I have to do is now plug in my monitor but I'm having trouble. Display port does not fit in my graphic card for some reason and I honestly have no idea what to do. I have been using HDMI forever and don't know anything about DP

    Edit. Ok so i tried usb cable included with the monitor and it seems to fit perfect. Then what do I do with DP (HAS SS symbol on it

    submitted by /u/Alarakbar
    [link] [comments]

    System won't POST after moderate troubleshooting

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 11:38 AM PDT

    Troubleshooting Help:

    What is your parts list? Consider formatting your parts list.

    Parts list

    Describe your problem. List any error messages and symptoms. Be descriptive.

    System will not POST. No error beeps from the system speaker. Power supply is operational, fans are spinning, and the case's power LED is on - but no visuals appear on the monitor.

    List anything you've done in attempt to diagnose or fix the problem.

    • Ensured all parts are firmly fixed to the motherboard
    • Attempted to POST with only CPU
    • Tried different combinations of memory with CPU, in different slots as well
    • Same as above, but with graphics card
    • Swapped between HDMI and VGA during all of the above (monitor works, tested on a different system)
    • Cleared CMOS and retried the all of the above
    • Replaced with different (but identical) motherboard and tried all of the above

    Provide any additional details you wish below.

    My thoughts after all of this is that it's a CPU issue. This is my first time building a PC and I'm pretty burnt out with troubleshooting - any outside help will be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Dyrayle
    [link] [comments]

    Best place to buy pc parts online for Ireland

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 01:29 PM PDT

    Title ^ (most cost efficient)

    submitted by /u/MrWong111
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel