• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, September 29, 2018

    Are Xbox and Windows gift cards interchangeable? Windows Help

    Are Xbox and Windows gift cards interchangeable? Windows Help


    Are Xbox and Windows gift cards interchangeable?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 12:14 PM PDT

    I want to buy Forza Horizon 4 on Windows 10 via the Microsoft Store, but my local stores don't carry the blue Windows prepaid cards. I would have to wait until I next need to go out of town to visit a store that I know has the Windows cards.

    Considering they're both under the same Microsoft account, I'm wondering if Xbox gift cards, which are much more readily available, can be redeemed and spent on the Windows 10 Microsoft Store the same as the Windows cards? It would be more convenient for me, but I don't want to try unless I know for sure, lest I waste a hundred dollars on credit for a console that I don't even own.

    submitted by /u/flash_baxx
    [link] [comments]

    Using Windows Hello fingerprint scanner for macros or shortcuts?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 08:32 AM PDT

    Firstly, I my apologies if this has been asked before!

    I've recently bought an Asus Zenbook 3 which has a fingerprint scanner embedded into the trackpad - it's a polarizing design feature but I quite like it however I notice that it goes unused most of the time that I'm using my computer. There are functions on allot of Android devices that allow the user to create shortcuts that can be triggered by swiping up or down on the fingerprint scanner and I was wondering, is it possible to do something similar on Windows PCs with a Windows Hello fingerprint sensor built in?

    Failing the swiping, just a shortcut when tapping the sensor, like to lock the PC would be handy and would be a much better use of trackpad real-estate!

    Does anyone know if there are an programs for this or if it's even possible? Cheers!

    submitted by /u/LibraNox
    [link] [comments]

    can IBM processors run windows?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 05:56 AM PDT

    How much is this worth?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 07:07 AM PDT

    Not sure if this is the correct place to ask but i have an original sealed packet of Microsoft Windows For Workgroups & MS-DOS, with user guide, floppy disks and Certificate of Authenticity, does anyone have a clue if this is worth anything and if posted to eBay.co.uk what should be a good price to ask?

    submitted by /u/00110011010
    [link] [comments]

    How can I install a windows XP iso on a bootable usb? I don't want it to install on the computer, just the usb

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 07:33 AM PDT

    Windows 8 laptop help.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 07:33 PM PDT

    I have an old lenovo windows 8 laptop that I had downgraded back to Windows 7. Once i did that I realized that my computers hardware drivers can't run on windows 7 so I couldn't get connectivity. I was wondering instead of going back to windows 10, can I go back to windows 8 from my now windows 7?

    submitted by /u/RoboFerg
    [link] [comments]

    Woke up this AM with a constant 40-50KB/s internet activity...

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 01:15 PM PDT

    I posted on /r/Windows10 earlier and thought I'd try here as well. The title says it all and I can't figure out how to stop it. No updates no new programs installed on PC recently that I'm aware of that would cause this. It's a svchost.exe process network activity.

    https://i.imgur.com/gXAqjVV.jpg

    https://i.imgur.com/fH1uoeC.png

    submitted by /u/spook30
    [link] [comments]

    Boot Windows from an external SSD on PC AND MAC?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 05:44 PM PDT

    Hi,

    is it possible to install windows 10 on my external SSD and boot from it on my PC and from a MAC?

    A little background: I have a MAC @work and a PC @home. I would like to have the same working environment @home and @work. If it is possible, is there any tutorial you can link me? I've been searching quite a bit already...cheers!

    submitted by /u/fk_the_system
    [link] [comments]

    Icon bar problem.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 01:32 PM PDT

    Icon bar problem.

    Is anyone having a problem where, your icon bar is cut off?, if so, any help? I have more icons on it, but can't access them.

    I am on a Dell inspiron 15 7000 gaming edition.

    https://i.redd.it/bdasutotm8p11.png

    submitted by /u/Juststuffinc
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone using clover for Explorer Tabs? -> Disable Updates

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 05:07 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I'm looking for an option to completely disable clover updates. Anyone ever tried this?

    Thanks & Kind regards :-)

    submitted by /u/fr0nksen
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot install windows 10

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 04:05 PM PDT

    I a trying to reinstall windows 10 on an acer z3 - 715 all in one desktop computer. I boot into my windows 10 USB, select custom install, but when I go to select the drive it says windows cannot be installed on this disk. here's more info about what happened 0x8030002.

    Never seen this before and no idea what the problem is. My USB is definitely good, and this is the second hard drive I have tried. I have also tried loading default bios and replacing the cmos battery.

    submitted by /u/Morphumax101
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use one of those cheap activation keys you get from eBay on a non activated version of Windows 10 ive been using for awhile?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 03:05 PM PDT

    Or does it have to be during installation. I torrented this copy of windows. it worked for awhile and said it was activated "Through an organizaton" but recently began prompting me for activation. I thought i read those keys needed to be used after fresh install or during setup or something. Would those cheap keys work on this torrented copy ive been on for awhile if i just bought it and entered it in the activate page? Also, what hypothetically happens if I dont activate. It hasnt given me a deadline or anything

    submitted by /u/jacq529
    [link] [comments]

    Windows server certificates

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 05:06 AM PDT

    Hello all. I just would like to ask if in recent days Microsoft has released any updates regarding seciruty certificates? I mean in short. I have a synology nas which backups a lot of data. I can access this device from website as well as can mount the hardware within Windows. The problem occurs when I try to make backup with virtual machines. It says that the account user and password is wrong. Simply I can't do it even tho with the same data I am accessing synology device... The problem is around 1 month old and I still can't figure up what's wrong... Cmd commands can't help cuz they say multiple users access the device even tho the device is disconnected with the command net use * /delete. Any ideas.

    submitted by /u/spayker
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 7 can be a fuck sometimes

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 03:38 PM PDT

    Missing Icons For windows start menu help!

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 02:47 AM PDT

    I had this problem after i wiped windows 10 but kept all files,

    the icons don't show and its really annoying to look at

    Picture

    submitted by /u/AppleApple27
    [link] [comments]

    Not sure is this is the right thread to ask but, help?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 02:44 AM PDT

    Error message

    Been through troubleshooting and restarting my laptop and gone through updates. Nothing has worked so far. Not sure what to do..

    submitted by /u/HarrisAziz
    [link] [comments]

    Connectivity issues.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 11:01 PM PDT

    How in the fuck can i play Horizon 4 with my friend? Neither of us can connect online on windows 10, it just gives us shitty error and says shit about DNS settings. Our server connectivity in the xbox app says blocked.......legit tried EVERY single fix on the shitty microsoft support.

    submitted by /u/IAmBastian
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 7 Reboot

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 08:25 PM PDT

    Good evening,

    I will make this brief. I purchased a gaming desktop almost 10 years ago and a copy of windows 7 ultimate. As time passes things get lost or misplaced, which is the case with my disks and key. My computer has been out of commission and collecting dust for year and I just want to restore it to factory settings for personal work. My genuine product key under computer properties is only 20 characters long and does not work while trying to download the windows iso file off their website. Am I completely out of luck restoring my computer without the activation key or can my product key grant me an activation key from Microsoft. The repair computer option in my boot screen is not working even though I have system restore files on my C drive. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/yabadabadane
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel