• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, September 28, 2018

    Removed apps used almost 40GB of data over last month, but I haven't removed any apps in that time. Android Help

    Removed apps used almost 40GB of data over last month, but I haven't removed any apps in that time. Android Help


    Removed apps used almost 40GB of data over last month, but I haven't removed any apps in that time.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 07:16 PM PDT

    mid range phone with better low light camera than S7 and OIS?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 07:15 PM PDT

    thoughts?

    submitted by /u/adjason
    [link] [comments]

    How does Google Fit track my gym routine?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 07:23 PM PDT

    I was under the impression Fit used GPS and accelerometer to track movement and position, but for some reason it seemed to track my treadmill workout.

    My phone was placed in the cup holder on the treadmill and logged it as a bike ride (?) But it seemed to accurately track my workout time. Could anyone enlighten on how this tech works? I have no smart watch or HR monitor so I'm stumped Thanks

    submitted by /u/squigglydash
    [link] [comments]

    Message not downoaded

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 06:23 PM PDT

    Post "dark mode" update, Android Messages running really slow and keeps saying in my group texts that "message not downloaded" I have to go to the individual thread only to find a bunch of messages I have to individual click to download. And if it's been a significant amount of time, it fails to download. Anyone else having these problems? OG Pixel AT&T.

    submitted by /u/digtothrow1060
    [link] [comments]

    How do you check battery capacity?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 03:11 PM PDT

    I feel like my note 8 isn't getting the same battery life it used to when I first got it almost a year ago. How do you check the battery health to see if it's still 100%?

    submitted by /u/Erwaso
    [link] [comments]

    Any browser that can block Facebook "Suggested Posts"?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 04:04 PM PDT

    I browse FB on web browsers on my Android - I refuse to install the FB app. I use Brave Browser for its adblocking feature, but unfortunately it doesn't block Suggested Posts within the FB site. Is there any other browser that does?

    On a PC, you can install browser extensions like F.B.Purity or Social Fixer, but that doesn't work on Android. Ideally I would like a Android browser that has these extensions integrated.

    submitted by /u/twinequinox
    [link] [comments]

    Google play services used 1.5 gigs of mobile data in 6 days?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 02:41 PM PDT

    Just got an LG Aristo 2 and checked my data usage after not even a week, and google play services ATE UP my data?

    I only get 5 gigs of high speed and I don't have wifi, i only use my data for chrome and pokemon go.

    I know this is a common problem and I searched all over for a resolution but I can't figure it out. If i restrict background data on google play services it slows down a bunch of other apps.

    How do I fix this??? It's really frustrating as I'm paying for this data and it's being used on literally nothing.

    Google play services doesn't say what is usingup all this data.

    Also android OS used up half a gig as well?? I never had this issue on my ZTE.

    Sorry I know this is posted a lot. Just need help

    submitted by /u/InsomniacPsychonaut
    [link] [comments]

    Can't get rid of "Activation Complete" notification on my new LG G7 ThinQ

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 11:42 AM PDT

    It keeps coming back ever couple hours when I dismiss it. I went into notification settings and tried to disable it, but I can only disable the "Icon" and "Device Activation" in "Categories" is locked to on. I can only adjust the importance of the notification. What gives?

    My device is on Verizon with Android 8.0.0

    Thanks for the help in advance.

    submitted by /u/D0ntD0xM3Br0
    [link] [comments]

    I think my phone is making sounds at night

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 10:00 PM PDT

    For the past few nights, I've noticed I've been waking up to what I think are words, or broken sentences. The first time this happened I awoke to something like "Ah-!" I thought it might've been a dream. The second time this happened I woke up to what I clearly heard as "get 100" then silence, then "now." I'm assuming this was some kind of ad playing that was broken up? i.e. "Get 100 dollars if you do this, now!"

    Its been kind of creepy, and annoying considering it wakes me up. I can't say for sure, but I'm fairly certain these sounds are coming from my phone. There is no other electronic device near my bed. The only other explanation I can think of is that I might be having auditory hallucinations from vivid dreams or something, but I really doubt that.

    I always put my phone on "do not disturb" mode at night, but the "media volume" isn't turned down. The only new app I've installed the past few weeks is Duolingo.

    Anyone had something similar happen to them before? Any tips to zero in on the culprit app?

    submitted by /u/holamund0
    [link] [comments]

    Galaxy S9 Messages (texting) app no longer shows incoming group texts in the group.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 04:01 PM PDT

    I switched from a S3 to a S9.

    My shiny new S9 does the following: I send a group text to persons A, B, and C. They all receive the text. My outgoing message is shown in the group text on my phone. That's good.

    All three people receive it as a group text they see that it came from me and that the others are on the text too. But when any of them respond in the group text I only receive it as having come from that person (as if person A had texted me and only me).

    I hope that made sense.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/AlchemicRez
    [link] [comments]

    SMS notifications come late although i receive the message immediately. I disabled google services framework. Is there a way to fix delayed notifications?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 09:55 PM PDT

    How do I delete a phone number on a contact that it is on the wrong contact.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 11:48 AM PDT

    The number is on the wrong contact and I cannot for the life of me find a way to delete the number from the contact. I don't want to delete the contact itself. I have a nexus 5x so android 8.1.0. Behind the most modern android version and this option not existing is driving me insane cuz I cannot figure out how to fix it or why it got arrange the wrong way in the first place. It also has emails I need to delete as well because they are also on the wrong person and I have no idea why its incorrectly arranged. Only that I need to fix it and there is no option to do so that I can find.

    submitted by /u/chakravanti
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to disable this ugly white gradient overlaying my wallpaper at the bottom? [Nokia 7 Plus on android 8.1]

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 07:07 AM PDT

    Snapshot of problem: https://i.imgur.com/zJY3mvu.jpg

    Reference wallpaper: https://i.imgur.com/V9ZViM6.jpg

    Closest similar case I can find is people complaining about the lock screen gradient which is also a problem: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/68435942

    submitted by /u/Corosus
    [link] [comments]

    What's a good android browser to use for whatsapp web? I am using the same whatsapp number on another device.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 09:02 PM PDT

    So I have a tablet that I want to use whatsapp on but whatsapp can only be used on one device and I'm using that on my phone. So I have to use whatsapp web on a browser as a workaround.

    I tried several popular browsers and selected desktop mode and somehow whatsapp knows it's on a device and redirects me away from the web login screen.

    Is there a workaround on this?

    submitted by /u/cucumbercakes
    [link] [comments]

    Question about international texting

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 04:52 PM PDT

    Just FYI, I'm 21 but I've never used phones much so I'm like a 90 year old when it comes to these things and this might be a dumb question.

    I live in Germany and have a German number. I don't have a plan, I'm on prepaid since I rarely need my phone. A friend of mine in the US gave me his number to text him. How do I text someone internationally? Is it possible to do that for free? Like is there an app I can use where I can write him something and it'll show up as a regular text for him? Or is all of that too complicated and I should just tell him to get Kik and we talk that way? I have a Samsung Galaxy J7 if that matters.

    submitted by /u/fabulousfigurine
    [link] [comments]

    'Apps are using battery' on Samsung Galaxy s9+ running Android 8.0.0

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 07:51 AM PDT

    Can't install Starbucks app from play store ("Error code: -504) and I've tried everything

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 12:29 PM PDT

    Can't install app: "Starbucks" can't be installed. Try again, and if the problem continues, get help troubleshooting. (Error code: -504)

    Google Pixel XL 128gb with plenty of storage available. Fast internet and LTE, no problems there.

    This is bizarre. I can download and update any app from the play store. But when I tried to update my Starbucks app, I got this error. So I uninstalled Starbucks, but when I tried to re-install it, the download completes (100%) and installation initiates, but the install always fails with this error. I've restarted my phone, I've deleted the data and cache of Play Store, Play Store services, and Download Manager. Nothing has helped.

    Basically the exact same situation as this guy but sadly he never posted an update on whether he fixed it or not: https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/123204/error-504-on-appliation-installation

    EDIT: It appears to be a starbucks problem. https://www.reddit.com/r/starbucks/comments/9jpv2t/any_word_on_when_android_users_will_have_the_app/

    submitted by /u/jfong86
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot get the Google Podcast app display player controls in Lock Screen/notifications

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 11:59 AM PDT

    I have a Pixel 2 XL. As the title describes, I have started to use the Google Podcasts app, which is much nicer for podcasts vs the Google Play Music. The problem is, I can't seem to get a 'player controls' bar to display in my lock screen and notifications area like Spotify, YouTube, Play Music apps do.

    So far, I have checked the app settings and the notifications allowed is switched on. I also checked my lock screen security/notifications settings, and it's switched to 'allow all'. But still no display as described in many articles. There doesn't seem to be a specific setting within the app either.

    Any advice is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/absintheburner
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with new phone.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 05:57 PM PDT

    So, i picked up an alcatel idol 5s. Its great for me. I enabled developer options like i always do, and found a new option to me. VR mode. I knew it was vr compatible. I figured it would just make my whole ui go into vr and i could just disable it. I enabled vr mode, and my screen stopped working. It stayed on, but trying to select anything on the screen didnt work. Any press of the screen just made the phone vibrate. I cannot disable the setting as i cant select anything at all. The power button functions, but the phone wont turn off. The volume buttons work but dont help. PLEASE HELP. I KNOW I MADE A MISTAKE MESSING WITH DEV OPTIONS. im on 7.1.1 nougat aswell.

    submitted by /u/ki11j0y27
    [link] [comments]

    Caching data from certain apps while on wifi?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 11:56 AM PDT

    Just a bit of background, both my wife and I use Pixel XLs on Project Fi. While most of the time we are at work or home, connected to wifi, we use very little data. Looking at our history, the biggest spikes in our data usage always happen when we travel on weekends to visit friends/family out of town. I'm usually always driving and my wife uses her phone to help past the time, mostly by browsing Facebook. Last weekend it was about 0.5Gb and now we will be driving this weekend too.

    I'm wondering if there is a way, to have the FB cache like, say 0.5-1Gb of data automatically when we're on wifi before leaving for a trip? I don't know much about the app, I don't have it or even have an account.

    submitted by /u/h0bbes23
    [link] [comments]

    Disabling Youtube auto-horizontal whenever unlocked?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 11:34 AM PDT

    I use Youtube premium for podcasts, music, etc. and whenever I am listening with my phone locked, and then unlock it EVERY video is in horizontal/fullscreen mode.

    Then, when I flip the phone around to try and get to vertical/portrait it seems to take several tries and sometimes full rotations of my phone to get it back.

    Completely turning off rotation before locking the phone has no effect other than making it impossible to get back to vertical once unlocked. I have zero issues with orientation/gyro in any other app at any other time. If I am simply watching the Youtube app without locking my phone auto-rotate works just fine.

    LG G6

    submitted by /u/BurningPlaydoh
    [link] [comments]

    How can I reorganize the order of my contacts in the favorites section of the phone app?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 03:32 PM PDT

    I can't figure out how to reorder them.

    submitted by /u/jazir5
    [link] [comments]

    Photo Manager for Windows which Reads from GS9

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 03:06 PM PDT

    I would like to use a photo manager on my Windows computer which can read from the photo directory on my Samsung Galaxy S9. Things like Adobe Bridge, Darktable, etc. either don't allow me to go to the folder or crash when I go there.

    In other words, I don't want to transfer the whole DCIM folder from the phone to PC, but I still want to manage my photos on it. Is there a way to do this?

    submitted by /u/Reubend
    [link] [comments]

    Which phone to go for?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 03:22 AM PDT

    Nokia 6.1 plus (X6) or Realme 2 pro.

    P.S don't care personally much about fast charging or OS (since a launcher can always be used to render personal interest).

    submitted by /u/butterchickennaan
    [link] [comments]

    Does factory resetting delete the data in the internal and external Memories?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 02:26 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel